7.6

1. Aug 2, 2011
    Okay, so GUITAR HERO: WORLD TOUR--the fourth entry in the GUITAR HERO series and the second entry for the Wii, which is the platform it is definitely most easy to use on--is quite obviously a copy off of the similar ROCK BAND, which was released nine months before. I mean, come on now, if you don't believe me. The title is GUITAR HERO, not BAND HERO (though they did, in their defense, release a crappier spin-off of the series called BAND HERO), so adding drums and a microphone in with the lead guitar and the bass guitar demolishes the title. But if you've played the game, isn't it fun? GUITAR HERO: WORLD TOUR has a total of 86 songs, plus 250+ downloadable songs, PLUS you can create your own songs in the Music Studio. It pretty much endless. Expand
  2. Feb 14, 2011
    Guitar Hero World Tour was the second Guitar Hero I played (After Guitar Hero 3) and is a game, for me, which has songs that are fun to play and has a long playability.
    Bravo Activision, bravo on a great game which is fun for all fans of the series and new alike.

On 360 and PS3, Guitar Hero just doesn't hang in there with "Rock Band 2" like we thought it would, but when it comes to the Wii battlefield, Activision's offering is not only the strongest music game on the system, but also the biggest technical achievement we've seen on Nintendo's system software-wise since launch.
  2. People who love music video games won't get tired of this one. Not only does it include standard modes of play, but there's also co-op, face-off, battles, several online modes, and a very compelling music studio that allows you to create and share songs with the world.
  3. The concept is a very good one and the instruments are terrific, but might be problematic for families that want to play all four parts but only have one or two Wii-motes. The issue with the font used on a standard television is also a problem.