Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility Wii

• Release Date: Sep 30, 2008
8.2

1. OliviaS
    Apr 5, 2009
    This game is definitely worth every cent I paid. The controls, being that you can actually made motions to water, till and plant, make it the ultimate farming simulation. Plants are also walk-through-able, like in Rune Factory, which is a pro. And those are some of the minor things! Even the most hardcore Harvest Moon haters will love this game!
  2. SomeoneSomewhere
    Oct 4, 2008
    This game is the best entry in the Harvest Moon series yet! I give it a perfect 10> Also you can finally turn the music off. =) Best of all you can explore the biggest HM world yet! It's a must by for fans and even non-fans.
  3. Stooker
    Feb 10, 2009
    Never played any of the Harvest Moon games, so I can't compare this one to them. However, this one is pretty good and engaging. My wife bought it and I thought it would be the stupidest game and a waste of money, but after watching her play for a few hours, I decided to start my own game. It's like Sims on a farm with a storyline.
  4. JordynB
    Aug 29, 2009
    Harvest moon is easily the most addicting video game I have. I've been a HM fan for a while, and I was really exited when I heard they were making a wii game. This game is really fun, and all the glitches in the last games have been fixed...
    PROS- -great storyline (most HM games have these)
    -good graphics (the festivals are ecspeacially pretty) -more choices (tree of tranquility
    PROS- -great storyline (most HM games have these)
    -good graphics (the festivals are ecspeacially pretty)
    -more choices (tree of tranquility has tons of choices including wife/husbands, animals, pets, houses, clothes, furniture and more)
    -Gender choice

CONS-
    -Loading (the loading scrrens get annoying, ecspeacially if you accidently go somewhere)
    -No delivery (this also kinda goes along with the loading screens....you have to walk/ride everywhere)

Even though there are both pro's and con's, I think the pro's outweigh the con's by a lot!
    I definatly reccomend this game!!!
  5. AlliP
    Oct 13, 2008
    I love this game. I only wish that the load times were shorter, because it is really painful to leave your house, wait for a loadtime, remember that you left your milker inside and have to wait through another load time. Aside from that this game is great, I love all the improvements, farming is much more enjoyable. I love all the crop and animal choices, and best of all you don't I love this game. I only wish that the load times were shorter, because it is really painful to leave your house, wait for a loadtime, remember that you left your milker inside and have to wait through another load time. Aside from that this game is great, I love all the improvements, farming is much more enjoyable. I love all the crop and animal choices, and best of all you don't lose stuff by accidentaly dropping it on the ground when you meant to give it away. If you like Harvest Moon you must buy this version. Expand
  6. DanH
    Oct 3, 2008
    Easily the best Harvest Moon game yet. Pretty much all the annoying factors of earlier games have been cleaned up. Seeds are sown in rows, tools level up quicker, you can walk through crops, gifts provide visible feedback so you aren't left trying to interpret bad translations, your rucksack doesn't need constant emptying during a harvest, you don't have to take each item Easily the best Harvest Moon game yet. Pretty much all the annoying factors of earlier games have been cleaned up. Seeds are sown in rows, tools level up quicker, you can walk through crops, gifts provide visible feedback so you aren't left trying to interpret bad translations, your rucksack doesn't need constant emptying during a harvest, you don't have to take each item out of your rucksack individually when shippiing, you don't have to talk to a person AND give them a gift (giftgiving resolves both in one action) so redundnat conversation is minimized etc. As a 34 year-old male with two kids, I really enjoy the series to relax by. Definitely a must for anyone who likes sims of this sort. Expand
  7. Rhyannab
    Jan 17, 2009
    Fun game! Its so fun, better than all the other Harvest moons. But the camera perspective does give me a headache... Its so interesting, its so much improved!
  8. Oct 11, 2013
    A solid entry in the Harvest Moon Series which does have it's share of nit-picky problems. You're moving to an island that you think is going to be a young ranchers paradise, however you soon realize that the island is doing less than fantastic. You're job is to craft some rainbows to help out the harvest goddess and save the island. Meanwhile of course you're still there to do what youA solid entry in the Harvest Moon Series which does have it's share of nit-picky problems. You're moving to an island that you think is going to be a young ranchers paradise, however you soon realize that the island is doing less than fantastic. You're job is to craft some rainbows to help out the harvest goddess and save the island. Meanwhile of course you're still there to do what you came there for in the first place, start a farm. If you've never played a harvest moon game before it's a life simulation game based around farming. While farming you'll also be doing things like raising barn animals, fishing, mining, chatting with neighbors, starting a family, and of of course completing the main story which usually involves helping out the harvest goddess. All of those aspects are present in tree of tranquility and are done rather well in there own way. As you progress in the game you'll upgrade you're tools, the amount of things you can carry, and how much land you own to make you're life a little easier. The games music is relaxing and fitting and it's some of the best in any Harvest Moon game. Although the sound effects and the few voices that are in the game could use some work. The graphics are fine for the most part, but more than once I've caught myself staring at a character in the game and thought to myself, this character looks more like a mannequin than a human. Tree of Tranquility's worse problem however would have to be the load times. It takes forever to get from one place to another even when you're entering a smaller area, like a barn or a house. The games in game time works like this ten minutes in the game is a mere 5 seconds in real life and before you get an animal you can ride this makes getting place to place in time difficult, however I'd say the layout of this town works well with the short amount of time you are given each day. Like i said, this game has it's share of small problems but it doesn't stop this game from being what you we're expecting which is a solid Harvest Moon game. All the aspects of a classic harvest moon experience are there and are done well to the festivals, to the cut scenes, to you're very own wedding. If you're looking for a good harvest moon game for the Wii well here you go, and if you've never experienced Harvest Moon before, well then this is a good place to start. Expand

#30 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#14 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. Nintendo Power
    The problem is that the game feels phoned in, from the tacked-on motion controls to the scan tutorial system that assumed you've already played every other Harvest Moon game. [Oct 2008, p.90]
  2. Bottom line: if you expect nothing out of the Tree of Tranquility except the same old same old, then this will do the trick. [Oct 2008, p.106]
  3. If you are really into farming, and don’t mind the repetitive tendencies of the series, then Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility is a solid entry and definitely worth your time.