6.2

1. SimonG.
    Aug 30, 2007
    I usually don't mind the quality of the graphics. Otherwise I would've bought the PS3 instead of the Wii. But in Heatseeker's case, it's hard to forgive. It's a PS2 port, but even for the PS2 it's poor. The sense of speed is great however and you get a lot of satisfactions from blowing away other fighters. Some of the missions are a little boring, others are I usually don't mind the quality of the graphics. Otherwise I would've bought the PS3 instead of the Wii. But in Heatseeker's case, it's hard to forgive. It's a PS2 port, but even for the PS2 it's poor. The sense of speed is great however and you get a lot of satisfactions from blowing away other fighters. Some of the missions are a little boring, others are a little too hard, but most of them are fun. The controls take a bit to get use too, but once you got the basics, you're good to go. Some of the controls are somehow not intuitive; it's almost impossible to give orders to other pilots (press A + left on the d-pad). It's not a bad game. I was building a lot of expectation from it and I'm not quite disappointed, neither I'm overwhelmed with it. Expand

1. Exactly the sort of game that should ensure the Wii continues to thrive. It's easy to get used to, has a perfect difficulty curve and is pure fun throughout. An explosive success. [Apr 2007, p.64]
  2. The presentation is capped off with detailed graphics and special effects, and live-action FMV sequences that would've been right at home in the jet sims of the genre's heyday. [May 2007, p.89]
  3. Fast as you like, fun to control and a mindless diversion for military fetishists. Difficult, even on the easiest setting, but if you're up to the challenge you'll get loads of value from it. [May 2007, p.46]