• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Nov 2, 2010
5.4

1. Jan 23, 2012
    If you like to watch Jeopardy, then you'll enjoy playing Wii Jeopardy, but there are some troubling aspects of this release that should be noted.

- There are numerous glitches, such as a photo clue that displays the wrong photo or Alex misspeaking a clue or a correct answer registering as incorrect. The glitches are rare enough that they don't completely ruin the experience, but they're
    annoying.

- The bonus "prizes" that you get from the mini-games are pretty lame. Why do I want a lightning bolt logo to put on my shirt? What exactly is an "audience concept"?

- The overall design of the game is kind of haphazard and gives the impression of being poorly thought out.

- The cover of the game boasts "2,400 clues!" but that's actually not a lot of clues. I imagine it won't be long before we're seeing repeat clues, and then it becomes less a trivia game and more a memory tester.

But like i said, it's Jeopardy. You'll have fun. It's also pretty inexpensive, so you get a worthwhile gaming experience for not much money.
  2. Aug 10, 2011
    JEOPARDY! is fun, but it tends to be dysfunctional and it takes a whole thirty-five minutes just to play one game. Also, it's hard to write your signature, as the Wii Remote cursor shakes on the screen.
  3. Feb 12, 2013
    Okay, first off, it's Jeopardy!, so I really don't care much about graphics, which, even by the Wii's standards are pretty bad. Even if the graphics were Skyrim quality, however, there are other flaws that reduce this rating. Here they are: The Questions: 2,400+ seems like a lot of questions. In actuality, however, since a game consists of 2 rounds of 30 questions, you're going to go through those questions in less than 50 games, which is a pretty small amount. Two or three games a day means you've seen every question at least once within the first month; I saw two or three repeat questions on the second game I played, which makes it more of a memory game/race to hit the buzzer. The questions are varied and interesting, and they do range from easy to hard, so that's a plus, though the difficulty categorization can be a little off at times. It's almost like they sometimes expected adults to be playing this instead of kids. The Clues: I was very disappointed in the way the player answers the question. You can pick from three choices. That's it. Obviously it would be impossible to have the user type an answer and have the game search for key words or phrases, because if you've ever tried to search the Internet using the Wii, it takes nearly 5 minutes. So I was expecting multiple choice. However, a 33% chance (or 50% if you're the second player and 100% if you're the third) means you actually stand a pretty good chance of guessing at most of the questions, especially if you can eliminate a choice. There should be at least 6-10 choices offered to make the game even remotely a test of knowledge, but I guess you get what you pay for, which in this case is around $10-15. Gameplay basically consists of all players frantically tapping the A button as fast as possible in the hopes of buzzing in first. Summary: All in all, not an awful game. It's relatively inexpensive, so if your kid wants to play you in Jeopardy! and it's convenient to buy this game, it's not bad for a rainy day, which is the best thing to save it for. I mean it. Only pull this game out on days like that, because otherwise, the fun will quickly run out. Expand

There are no critic reviews yet.