Just Dance 4 Wii

7.3

1. Dec 26, 2012
    Again, I barely play my Wii and the games that I do play are so terrible that I subscibe to 'if you don't have anything nice to say' and don't review them. But I got stuck playing this game on the Wii. And it's almost too aweful for words. I also played it on Kinect, and while that was a pain to play it at least felt kinda revolutionary. This feels like every other movement-based game everAgain, I barely play my Wii and the games that I do play are so terrible that I subscibe to 'if you don't have anything nice to say' and don't review them. But I got stuck playing this game on the Wii. And it's almost too aweful for words. I also played it on Kinect, and while that was a pain to play it at least felt kinda revolutionary. This feels like every other movement-based game ever made on the Wii. Nintendo, PLEASE just go away, Forever. Expand
  2. Dec 9, 2012
    Ubisoft really hit it out of the park with this entry in the just dance series, improving what the first three lacked and and making them better. First of I'd like to comment on the major improve of the controls, during gameplay I noticed that the game was doing a better job registering the moves I was doing, resulting in better points. Though on some songs it was harder for the wii moteUbisoft really hit it out of the park with this entry in the just dance series, improving what the first three lacked and and making them better. First of I'd like to comment on the major improve of the controls, during gameplay I noticed that the game was doing a better job registering the moves I was doing, resulting in better points. Though on some songs it was harder for the wii mote to register certain moves in songs/

The song choice in this entry in my opinion was the best of the series, blending songs that were familiar like "Moves like jagger" and "what makes you beautiful" and less known songs like "Constantinople" and "Rock n' Roll" as for the DLC store, it was very disappointing that only one song was available on release and that it took two months just for one song to arrive.

As for the graphics, as said, best in series. The backgrounds of every song were creative and unique in their own special ways. It looked like immense care was put into all of them. I'm a little disappointed in the seclusion of Neon colored dancers and went for a more realistic look. But its nothing that ruins the game itself. The new gamemode "Dance Battle" was my favorite aspect of the game, though some of the moves in the game could get really awkward really quick. Especially with the "Call me maybe vs Beauty and a beat" So if your going to have this game at a party, id avoid this gamemode.

One thing that bothered me most about this game was the unlock system, the concept was good, but it was really frustrating when I was going for a song or a gamemode and ended up with a gamer avatar. Requiring to gain double the points before and still having the slight chance of not getting what you want.

Overall this was a really amazing entry into the Just Dance series, despite a few control quirks and annoying unlock system, its definitely worth buying.

Controls: 8.5

Overall: 8

#6 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2012
#10 Most Shared Wii Game of 2012

1. Oct 15, 2012
    Wii controls continue to disappoint.
  2. Oct 12, 2012
    No big change for Just Dance 4 that offers enough new things to push players to buy it. and enjoy it with its girlfriend. With 40 new songs to dance on and the introduction of a new Battle mode, Just Dance 4 is THE game to insert in your console when you want to spend a good evening with your friends.
  3. Oct 11, 2012
    The controls (at least for the Wii) still need some tightening, but Ubisoft is doing a great job with each installment, adding some new modes, adjusting things that may not have succeeded in the past, and delivering a consistently fun rhythm game in a genre that seems ready to be put out to pasture.