Kirby's Epic Yarn Wii

8.6

1. Oct 17, 2010
    You do not need difficulty to have a good time. This game removes the idea of rushing and frustration and concentrates on the idea of classic platforming game, and innovative uses of buttons and yarns. It's a masterpiece when you think deeply about it.
  2. Oct 19, 2010
    Kirby's Epic Yarn is a breath of fresh air in a time filled with generic FPS's that in some cases are unplayable(MW2), It's like smelling horse manure in an enclosed and small area that you are locked into but you find a crowbar to break the lock keeping you in. Kirby's Epic Yarn is the crowbar of justice against horse **** filled barns. It's also a very good and deep game for EVERYONE andKirby's Epic Yarn is a breath of fresh air in a time filled with generic FPS's that in some cases are unplayable(MW2), It's like smelling horse manure in an enclosed and small area that you are locked into but you find a crowbar to break the lock keeping you in. Kirby's Epic Yarn is the crowbar of justice against horse **** filled barns. It's also a very good and deep game for EVERYONE and it is not easy if you want to get a good bead streak, Anyone who says they are too mature for this are insecure idiots who cant grow up and see that this game is damn adorable and for all ages. Expand
  3. Oct 19, 2010
    I haven't had so much fun and excitement in a VERY long time for a videogame. Kirby Epic Yarn in your first five minutes may look like a simple platformer for the kids, but the minute Kirby suddenly transforms into a tank in the first or second stage, the experience changes forever. It features some really awesome platforming that gives me memories to Kirby 64 but also gives an even moreI haven't had so much fun and excitement in a VERY long time for a videogame. Kirby Epic Yarn in your first five minutes may look like a simple platformer for the kids, but the minute Kirby suddenly transforms into a tank in the first or second stage, the experience changes forever. It features some really awesome platforming that gives me memories to Kirby 64 but also gives an even more unique and varied touch with it's graphical point of view and different transformations that all of them are effective and exciting. Kirby is definitely back in awesomeness on consoles, with this brand new game, and like the title suggests, it's epic! Expand
  4. Oct 25, 2010
    I love pretty much everything about this game.

Some of the most beautiful graphics I have ever seen, on any platform, with stunning attention to detail, brilliant animation with loads of character given to all the enemies, a vibrant colourful and wonderful look and feel to everything. It makes me happy just watching this game. Awesome sound with some really catch tunes. Just listening to
    I love pretty much everything about this game.

Awesome sound with some really catch tunes. Just listening to the tunes makes me feel good.

Great old school gameplay with some cool and unique use of the main mechanics. The Yarn theme isn't just a tacked on gimmick. The game really gets some great use of yarn based puzzles and mechanics and every little area of the presentation and design fully utilizes the yarn theme to the max.

Overall Kirby's Epic Yarn is a really fun game and just a great experience. It's one of my very favourite games this gen and one of the most enjoyable and uplifting games I have played in a long long time. It reminds me of all the things I loved about gaming in the first place.

I would recommend everyone give this game a try because I'm sure if you do you too will love it.
  5. Oct 17, 2010
    What the developers have achieved is nothing short of epic! Who knew yarn could be this fun? If you need difficulty, there are many other games on Wii for that. This is about sheer fun and exploration. Collection is where most of challenge is. Any level gamer should enjoy this.
  6. Mar 5, 2011
    Creative and Fun!
    GRAPHICS: Pure imaginative joy. 9/10
    ADVENTURE: The story is weird but the fun is top shelf. 9/10 MECHANICS: This game is very easy to pick up and play. 9/10 EXTRAS: Having Epic Yarn in my game library provides two excellent functions. First, it is a great children's/'terrible at video games spouse' game. Second, anyone who can experience this game and not smile has some
    Creative and Fun!
    GRAPHICS: Pure imaginative joy. 9/10
    ADVENTURE: The story is weird but the fun is top shelf. 9/10
    MECHANICS: This game is very easy to pick up and play. 9/10
    EXTRAS: Having Epic Yarn in my game library provides two excellent functions. First, it is a great children's/'terrible at video games spouse' game. Second, anyone who can experience this game and not smile has some serious problems, it's like hating Mr. Rogers or puppies... watch out for these people.
  7. Aug 7, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. kirby's epic yarn a game that will one day become on of the wii's classics and here is why
    like most sidescrollers the plot is simple kirby finds a wizard called yin yarn and he proceeds to swallow him. kirby gets yin yarns metamato which turns kirby into yarn. then yin yarns sock captures kirby and put him in a new place and with his new friend prince fluff they go to stop yin yarn
    this game is a sidescroller where you use the d-pad to move 2 to jump and 1 is your attack in this case the yarn whip. by doing certain button combos kirby can transform into a variety of things such as a car. one problem with this game however is that you can't die.if you fall into a pit it brings you furthur in the level and this is very abusable. kirby's epic yarn is one of the best games the wii has to offer not the best but it comes close.
  8. Nov 19, 2011
    Perhaps it is cliche to use a cloth-related pun (as so many others are sure to do), but there is no denying it: Kirby's Epic Yarn is sure to make you feel fuzzy inside. The perfect game with which to relax in a blanket and drink cocoa on a cold winter's night, it deftly combines fun and intuitive gameplay, a piano-driven and lovely soundtrack, and of course, the timeless yarn-inspired artPerhaps it is cliche to use a cloth-related pun (as so many others are sure to do), but there is no denying it: Kirby's Epic Yarn is sure to make you feel fuzzy inside. The perfect game with which to relax in a blanket and drink cocoa on a cold winter's night, it deftly combines fun and intuitive gameplay, a piano-driven and lovely soundtrack, and of course, the timeless yarn-inspired art style. Most shocking (and pleasant) is its classy and completely non-gimmicky use of motion controls in certain sections. This is one game that deserves to be in any gamer's collection, regardless of age or attitude. Expand
  9. Nov 27, 2011
    The scenarios of the game were all built in a very creative and the end result was excellent. The mechanics is very different from other games in the series but that does not become a negative factor because it is still possible to use several new skills. Its downside is that it is extremely easy.
  10. Aug 17, 2013
    The last thing any of us expected from a Kirby game was something involving yarn, cloth and absolutely no inhaling and cloning. What kind of Kirby adventure is that? Answer one of the best Kirby games we've played, and one of the best games on Wii.

What Kirby's Epic Yarn lacks in difficulty it makes up for in sheer charm and ingenuity. The game's commitment to its bold visual design is what sets it apart from most games, allowing players to tear, zip and generally unravel the world around them. We're all more than excited to see Kirby's next Wii adventure, but Epic Yarn was a breath of fresh air for a franchise that often does very similar things time and time again though that's not necessarily a bad thing.
  11. Feb 3, 2014
    This game is not for everyone, but I personally enjoyed this game. It may be quite childish, but who cares. This game is great fun and very relaxing to play at night.
  12. Sep 9, 2015
    Kirby's Epic Yarn is a masterpiece; one of Kirby's greatest adventures yet! In a beautifully designed yarn world, Kirby must gather the magic yarn to stitch the world back together! An adorable little game that's almost impossible to hate!
  13. Mar 30, 2014
    (Pt-Br)

ótimo, como de costume da Nintendo...

plataforma 2d bem feito e trabalhado , o wii teve um dos melhores jogos do kirby.

é só isso que tenho a dizer nota 10
  14. Apr 26, 2011
    8.5/10 = Great!! = A flawed, but fun platformer.
  15. Jun 1, 2011
    Kirby's Epic Yarn, or Price Fluff's Epic Yarn With A Coat of Kirby, is not a 'Kirby' game. While it does feature the pink puff ball, all of his powers and uniqueness of his games are exchanged for this game. The Kirby characters feel tacted on, forcefully.
    Epic Yarn feels a lot like Good Feel's previous work, Wario Land: Shake It, You enter the level, get through it, find all the (beads) money you can, find hidden objects, and finish the level and graded. Rather rinse repeat, then boss battle. Unlike Wario Land, where the hidden stages are found inside levels, hidden stages are opened by racking up big money in boss fights.
    In this game Kirby can not die. He just loses his money when he gets hit or falls off the map. In a way this makes the game easy to beat and no challenge. The real goal is to collect all the hidden objects and get more money, if you feel like it. There's also useless apartment decorating and minigames as well.
  16. Aug 6, 2013
    I will be the only person that will be negative about this game. I know it looks good and yes I know it is very cute and looks it does sound really good but its not Kirby. This is a game that Nintendo wanted to make and had every right to make but why put Kirby in it. The Kirby franchise is one of my favorite series that has ever been made and it kinda makes him look less like a pinkI will be the only person that will be negative about this game. I know it looks good and yes I know it is very cute and looks it does sound really good but its not Kirby. This is a game that Nintendo wanted to make and had every right to make but why put Kirby in it. The Kirby franchise is one of my favorite series that has ever been made and it kinda makes him look less like a pink badass and more like a pink little jerk. I like been able to turn into a fire breather and a guy that looks likes Link but instead of him been old school Kirby he was turned into something so cute it made me mad and very upset. He is not yarn he is a monster eating alien. I hate this game with all my heart and I want people to hate this game but that is not going to happen anytime soon. Expand
  17. Feb 25, 2011
    This game has too high a score.
    The game was fun, but WAY too easy.
    If you could actually die, then there would be some challenge. I know the game is very, very pretty, but graphics don't make the game. Don't get me wrong, the controls, and gameplay are great, It's just too easy. If it was more challenging, then I would give a higher score. If you have kids, then I recommend it for them.
    This game has too high a score.
    The game was fun, but WAY too easy.
    If you could actually die, then there would be some challenge.
    I know the game is very, very pretty, but graphics don't make the game.
    Don't get me wrong, the controls, and gameplay are great, It's just too easy.
    If it was more challenging, then I would give a higher score.
    If you have kids, then I recommend it for them.
    They'll have a blast. You will too if you suck at games (No offense).
  18. Oct 17, 2010
    This is indeed a good game. However, I would not say that this one as one of the best. It lacks difficulty. The main part of the game is to collect everything, that is right, but it would have been better if the difficulty was raised a little bit more from time to time. Everyone can have fun in this game and with 2 players, it is very nice. This game is the perfect game for beginners andThis is indeed a good game. However, I would not say that this one as one of the best. It lacks difficulty. The main part of the game is to collect everything, that is right, but it would have been better if the difficulty was raised a little bit more from time to time. Everyone can have fun in this game and with 2 players, it is very nice. This game is the perfect game for beginners and little kids from the age 4-8 or so. It is very colorful, has good music and the controls are great. Overall, it is a nice game - the perfect game for beginners. Older ones might not enjoy it as much as the kids, but that doesn't mean it's not fun.
    (BTW: Don't think "epic" stands for "super" and "awesome". Think about that first before anyone complains)
  19. Oct 21, 2010
    Kirby's Epic Yarn - Fun mechanics, great art style; not very "Kirby-ish" besides being pretty easy if you're only focused on getting to the end of the game (Getting Gold medals on every stage is where the challenge and, for me, the real fun kicks in). I got about 10 hours of play out of it with only some side quests left to finish. At least worth a rental to experience it, but I would haveKirby's Epic Yarn - Fun mechanics, great art style; not very "Kirby-ish" besides being pretty easy if you're only focused on getting to the end of the game (Getting Gold medals on every stage is where the challenge and, for me, the real fun kicks in). I got about 10 hours of play out of it with only some side quests left to finish. At least worth a rental to experience it, but I would have a hard time recommending someone to purchase it.â Expand
  20. Nov 24, 2010
    I really wanted this to be perfect.
    I really wanted this to be perfect.
    When my friend showed me this game, I was excited. However, when I tried it, it seemed like a New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but with some tacky gimmicks glued on. As all Kirby games are, it was quite easy, with a childish storyline, as usual. It is very fun, but short, as Kirby games are easy. I suggest buying this game used from GameStop, beating it in less than a week, and returning it.
  21. Dec 17, 2010
    I hate this game, you look this game and think "Woa! It's extreme cool game! I gotta have it!". You buy, and you see... this games is very easy and boring! Too easy, no difficult and NO cool! Really guys don't buy this game...
  22. Jun 4, 2012
    This game is so easy I could pass it with my feet. It's not just easy, it's BEYOND easy. it takes serious effort to find this a challenge. There IS no game, because there is no way to lose...so just do anything, or hold down the right button and close your eyes, you can probably make it through that way. Buy it if it's for a 3 year old, because at 5 I was already passing Mario World andThis game is so easy I could pass it with my feet. It's not just easy, it's BEYOND easy. it takes serious effort to find this a challenge. There IS no game, because there is no way to lose...so just do anything, or hold down the right button and close your eyes, you can probably make it through that way. Buy it if it's for a 3 year old, because at 5 I was already passing Mario World and this would have been boring to me. But if you're three years old, go play it. Now, the good. The art is good, without being exceptional, the polish is good, it's a very polished baby toy. There are probably more good things in this game but I am not in the mood to discuss them, this game is everything wrong in this world, because it,s not even a game, I don't see how you can call this a game. Expand
  23. Feb 19, 2013
    This game was as easy as the other Kirby games but the thing that I really enjoyed about it is the cute graphics, the relaxing music, and the sound effects this game is mostly about the graphics and the music.
  24. Nov 29, 2010
    I've bought quite a few Wii games lately so I'll review a few today starting with this one. I honestly had no idea that this was going to be as fun as it was! I thought it was going to be good but it really exceeds my expectations. The platforming feels more pure than a lot of other games that make things artificially tough to extend the experience. This relies more on clever platforming,I've bought quite a few Wii games lately so I'll review a few today starting with this one. I honestly had no idea that this was going to be as fun as it was! I thought it was going to be good but it really exceeds my expectations. The platforming feels more pure than a lot of other games that make things artificially tough to extend the experience. This relies more on clever platforming, it really has some inventive stuff going on. Bravo! Expand
  25. Nov 2, 2010
    This is a really fun game, with great visuals. It's a game that made me want to keep playing much Mario than Mario did. I removed 1 point because of the difficulty. Not because you can't die, because I liked that part, but because it wasn't challenging enough. (You can get gold medals on 80% of them on the 1st try)
  26. Oct 21, 2010
    The game is pure FUN! it looks really good, and it may not be challenging, but it still has depth and hours of fun! PURE CLASSIC PLATFORMING OLD SCHOOL FUN! the design of the levels is awesome, and some of the boss battles are epic, but the music is rather meh, every song with a piano and kinda boring, but sometimes, the songs get epic. ONE OF THE MUST HAVES ON THE WII
  27. Oct 22, 2010
    Absolutely delightful! Anyone who doesn't like this game doesn't have a HEART and shouldn't be playing video games, period. Screw brown and gray first-person shooters, Kirby is for real men.
  28. Dec 1, 2010
    The creativity in this game is refreshing and very unique. My son and I both had a blast playing this game. Granted, it is a little easier than most platform games, there are plenty of world's that you can go back and unlock. So even though it is easy, there are plenty of more things to do after you beat the main game.
  29. Oct 17, 2010
    If it were not for the unique, one-of-a-kind art style, this game would be just another 2D platformer on the Wii. Obviously, it'd still be fun because that's just what Kirby games are. But there's something about this one. The sense of serenity it carries with it, the little touches here and there that make you smile. There's nothing wrong with sincere happiness inside of a game, not yetIf it were not for the unique, one-of-a-kind art style, this game would be just another 2D platformer on the Wii. Obviously, it'd still be fun because that's just what Kirby games are. But there's something about this one. The sense of serenity it carries with it, the little touches here and there that make you smile. There's nothing wrong with sincere happiness inside of a game, not yet seen in this calibur since Yoshi's Island on the SNES. Do NOT read too much into the story, don't expect much of the difficulty. Just pop in the disc, sit back, and smile. Expand
  30. Jan 12, 2011
    i think this is the best game in the worls it made me so happy that i actually came,seriously an absolutley awsome game that will actually change who you are and how you live your life forever

#6 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2010
#12 Most Shared Wii Game of 2010

1. May 24, 2011
    The game is offering a unique style and a new concept. But Kirby's Epic Yarn is too easy to get a 90+ rating.
  2. May 11, 2011
    While you wouldn't call it epic, Kirby's Epic Yarn is a welcome addition in the current, and possibly continuing, dearth of quality Wii titles.
  3. Apr 7, 2011
    Who knew a stroll into Arts and Crafts land could be this much fun? Kirby's latest adventure is a pure joy, and although it's a bit on the easy side, it'll keep you very entertained from start to finish without even flinching.