Kirby's Epic Yarn Wii

8.5

1. Oct 21, 2010
    Kirby's Epic Yarn - Fun mechanics, great art style; not very "Kirby-ish" besides being pretty easy if you're only focused on getting to the end of the game (Getting Gold medals on every stage is where the challenge and, for me, the real fun kicks in). I got about 10 hours of play out of it with only some side quests left to finish. At least worth a rental to experience it, but I would haveKirby's Epic Yarn - Fun mechanics, great art style; not very "Kirby-ish" besides being pretty easy if you're only focused on getting to the end of the game (Getting Gold medals on every stage is where the challenge and, for me, the real fun kicks in). I got about 10 hours of play out of it with only some side quests left to finish. At least worth a rental to experience it, but I would have a hard time recommending someone to purchase it.â Expand
  2. Nov 21, 2010
    I didnt enjoy this game as much as others did, but it is top quality. The visuals are amazing and the gameplay variety is staggering. My problem? Its WAY to easy. You cant die and there isnt much satisfaction in mastering levels. Buy it for your kids, or yourself if you want a great game but you find other games too challenging.
  3. May 26, 2013
    I like the Kirby games. the gameplay is fun and simple, while also keeping things challenging, not to mention how awesome characters like Kirby and Meta Knight are. Epic Yarn, however, I found to be way too simple and cute. the story, like most Kirby games, is pretty simple. it is a pretty enjoyable story, and manages to be pretty funny at times. The gameplay, shortened to the point, hasI like the Kirby games. the gameplay is fun and simple, while also keeping things challenging, not to mention how awesome characters like Kirby and Meta Knight are. Epic Yarn, however, I found to be way too simple and cute. the story, like most Kirby games, is pretty simple. it is a pretty enjoyable story, and manages to be pretty funny at times. The gameplay, shortened to the point, has been butchered to be way too easy. Kirby can do things in the environment, like become a car, or use an ability meant for a certain area, like a tank. this is a pretty cool concept, but the problem with it s that you can't die in the game. beads, which determine your score at the end of the stage, are lost every time you fall into a it or get hit by an enemy, making it impossible to lose this game. I can see Nintendo making Kirby a bit easier, but here, it's way too easy. the graphics for the game are pretty nice. the environments and colors for this game shine, making it one of the nicest looking games on the Wii. the soundtrack for the game is very lighthearted. all the tracks in the game sound very cute, almost a bit too cute. tunes in Kirby could give a great beat and rhythm while also sounding cute, but here, being cute is all it sounds like. if there's one thing I cannot stand in this game, it's Prince Fluff. he's such an unneeded character in the game, and is seriously bland in general. In the End, Kirby's Epic Yarn is a good game, just probably not for Kirby fans. while it can be enjoyable with its story and dialogue, it can be a shut off for some by being too cute or too easy. if you're trying to get into the Kirby series, start with this one. just be prepared for the challenge other Kirby games will have. Expand
  4. Mar 30, 2014
    You have two teams when it comes to Kirby's Epic Yarn, you either have the people who adore the game and accept it for what it is or you are part of the people who didn't like the changes and think that it should have just used the controls of traditional Kirby platformers; I would probably say I am kind of in between these teams, I liked the whole yarn concepts used in this game and IYou have two teams when it comes to Kirby's Epic Yarn, you either have the people who adore the game and accept it for what it is or you are part of the people who didn't like the changes and think that it should have just used the controls of traditional Kirby platformers; I would probably say I am kind of in between these teams, I liked the whole yarn concepts used in this game and I thought they were cool and had some fun and simplistic graphics but on the other hand I would have liked traditional controls, it was kind of weird playing a Kirby game where you couldn't "suck" anything up, not to mention this game is very easy due to the fact that you cannot die, but hey it's a Kirby game, typically Kirby games are not supposed to be hard due to them kind of being geared a little more toward kids. Besides, it doesn't need to be challenging, it was fun anyway, there were some bland parts, but it was enjoyable, I guess it's worth picking up unless it's still $50 New. Expand
  5. Dec 8, 2015
    I am a big fan of Kirby, but I found it strange this game got the highest rating of all modern kirby games (2000-2015). The art style was amazing, but I didn't like how you couldn't die, and it felt more like a kids game then any other Kirby game.
    Still a great game, but I would rather play Kirby air ride.
  6. Feb 25, 2011
    This game has too high a score.
    The game was fun, but WAY too easy.
    If you could actually die, then there would be some challenge. I know the game is very, very pretty, but graphics don't make the game. Don't get me wrong, the controls, and gameplay are great, It's just too easy. If it was more challenging, then I would give a higher score. If you have kids, then I recommend it for them.
    This game has too high a score.
    The game was fun, but WAY too easy.
    If you could actually die, then there would be some challenge.
    I know the game is very, very pretty, but graphics don't make the game.
    Don't get me wrong, the controls, and gameplay are great, It's just too easy.
    If it was more challenging, then I would give a higher score.
    If you have kids, then I recommend it for them.
    They'll have a blast. You will too if you suck at games (No offense).
  7. Dec 17, 2010
    I hate this game, you look this game and think "Woa! It's extreme cool game! I gotta have it!". You buy, and you see... this games is very easy and boring! Too easy, no difficult and NO cool! Really guys don't buy this game...
  8. Jun 1, 2011
    Kirby's Epic Yarn, or Price Fluff's Epic Yarn With A Coat of Kirby, is not a 'Kirby' game. While it does feature the pink puff ball, all of his powers and uniqueness of his games are exchanged for this game. The Kirby characters feel tacted on, forcefully.
    Epic Yarn feels a lot like Good Feel's previous work, Wario Land: Shake It, You enter the level, get through it, find all the (beads) money you can, find hidden objects, and finish the level and graded. Rather rinse repeat, then boss battle. Unlike Wario Land, where the hidden stages are found inside levels, hidden stages are opened by racking up big money in boss fights.
    In this game Kirby can not die. He just loses his money when he gets hit or falls off the map. In a way this makes the game easy to beat and no challenge. The real goal is to collect all the hidden objects and get more money, if you feel like it. There's also useless apartment decorating and minigames as well.
  9. Jun 4, 2012
    This game is so easy I could pass it with my feet. It's not just easy, it's BEYOND easy. it takes serious effort to find this a challenge. There IS no game, because there is no way to lose...so just do anything, or hold down the right button and close your eyes, you can probably make it through that way. Buy it if it's for a 3 year old, because at 5 I was already passing Mario World andThis game is so easy I could pass it with my feet. It's not just easy, it's BEYOND easy. it takes serious effort to find this a challenge. There IS no game, because there is no way to lose...so just do anything, or hold down the right button and close your eyes, you can probably make it through that way. Buy it if it's for a 3 year old, because at 5 I was already passing Mario World and this would have been boring to me. But if you're three years old, go play it. Now, the good. The art is good, without being exceptional, the polish is good, it's a very polished baby toy. There are probably more good things in this game but I am not in the mood to discuss them, this game is everything wrong in this world, because it,s not even a game, I don't see how you can call this a game. Expand
  10. Mar 5, 2011
    Creative and Fun!
    GRAPHICS: Pure imaginative joy. 9/10
    ADVENTURE: The story is weird but the fun is top shelf. 9/10 MECHANICS: This game is very easy to pick up and play. 9/10 EXTRAS: Having Epic Yarn in my game library provides two excellent functions. First, it is a great children's/'terrible at video games spouse' game. Second, anyone who can experience this game and not smile has some
    Creative and Fun!
    GRAPHICS: Pure imaginative joy. 9/10
    ADVENTURE: The story is weird but the fun is top shelf. 9/10
    MECHANICS: This game is very easy to pick up and play. 9/10
    EXTRAS: Having Epic Yarn in my game library provides two excellent functions. First, it is a great children's/'terrible at video games spouse' game. Second, anyone who can experience this game and not smile has some serious problems, it's like hating Mr. Rogers or puppies... watch out for these people.

#6 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2010
#6 Most Shared Wii Game of 2010

1. May 24, 2011
    The game is offering a unique style and a new concept. But Kirby's Epic Yarn is too easy to get a 90+ rating.
  2. May 11, 2011
    While you wouldn't call it epic, Kirby's Epic Yarn is a welcome addition in the current, and possibly continuing, dearth of quality Wii titles.
  3. Apr 7, 2011
    Who knew a stroll into Arts and Crafts land could be this much fun? Kirby's latest adventure is a pure joy, and although it's a bit on the easy side, it'll keep you very entertained from start to finish without even flinching.