7.8

1. Oct 16, 2010
    Well, where do I start. The graphics are pretty good. But the cutscenes are pretty cheesy. I can see how each character having his/her own special ability is cool, but it ends up leaving you rapidly changing charactors in free play mode. I was, however, excited that they incorperated some of the wii's motion ability in the game. Overall, it's fun and it's neat to see all those villians running around in LEGO form. Expand
  2. Mar 6, 2011
    This is so far my favorite LEGO game so far, while the core gameplay hasn't changed much it has some significant changes for the characters to feel more like them, my only complaint is that there aren't as many characters as other LEGO games, but this is still a highly enjoyable and re-playable experience.
  3. Sep 10, 2011
    of all the lego games this is probably my second least favorite. Batman is one of my favorite superheroes and playing as all of his finest rogue gallery villains it would've been awesome but it just seemed flat
  4. Jul 14, 2012
    This isn't as good as some of the franchise's other installments, but still very enjoyable. It was fun playing both hero and villain missions, something that we haven't been able to do before.

1. Batman hasn't changed his act in 70 years, so don't be surprised to find a game that's stuck in its ways. But what ludicrously fun ways they are. [Nov 2008, p.44]
    LEGO Batman is good fun, but it's really just the same thing we've seen before. I don't think the LEGO formula needs much of a change, but certainly the common issues with the series should no longer exist.
  3. The charm of LEGO blocks is exploring your creativity and building new things, so Traveler’s Tales’ habit of sticking to one formula stands in stark contrast to the entire LEGO philosophy. We’ve had fun with this series, but it’s time to dump the franchise out on the floor and start piecing it back into something new.