7.3

1. Nov 16, 2011
    This is exactly as I imagined it to be. Years 1-4 was great fun, and 5-7 builds on this with new spells, characters, abilities, locations. The developers have done a great job of cramming everything from the Potter-verse into the game. It also looks great. The best Potter game EVER!â
  2. Nov 16, 2011
    This new LEGO Harry Potter game is fantastic. After heavy disappointment from the official film tie-in's, Traveller's Tales has really nailed it! I'm a big fan of the original Years 1-4 and 5-7 builds upon the charm and freedom of the first one to give a really comprehensive Potter experience. I especially love being able to roam around London and get on a train to Hogsmeade and walk around the castle, meet new characters and experience all the extra bonus content that the dev's have managed to get in there. I have been following this game eagerly since it was announced and I read that it was one "by Potter fans, for Potter fans" and there is some lovely subtle references of the books (but left of out the films). This game did not disappoint and it's exactly as I imaged it would be. Anyone who claims to be a Potter fan needs this game in their lives.â Expand
  3. Jul 14, 2012
    This game was terrific, and maybe even better than 1-4. It was really fun playing as Harry through all the battles and intense moments he goes through during his older years. Another job well done.

Overall, LEGO Harry Potter is a cute and fun game, but the self-imposed limitations of the block-building franchise take away any sense of freedom or adventure. What's left is a very simple hack-and-smash puzzle-action game, perfect to play with younger family members, but not one for people looking for an epic, all-out Harry Potter experience. LEGO veterans may see past issues I have with those restrictions, but as a first-timer they definitely stood out to me.
  2. Jan 16, 2012
    LEGO Harry Potter: Year 5-7 is – mainly due to the great coop experience – one of the top Wii releases within the genre in 2011.
  3. Jan 14, 2012
    In essence this is identical to the game you destroyed and rebuilt last year. But whe it's this much fun it would be riddikulus to complain. [Christmas 2011, p.70]