6.8

1. May 21, 2011
    This game is a blast to play! I have never played a Lego game before so this is coming from someone completely new to the Lego series. I am a huge fan of Pirates of Caribbean and the Lego version is so much fun to play and does justice to the movies. It is bounds better then other movie tie in games. The game follows the story near perfectly with some oddities that, mind you, are done on purpose. The animations are spot on, Jack in particular and co-op makes the game twice as fun. In fact its a must to have a friend, to share solving the puzzles and putting on silly masks. The puzzle difficulty has a nice learning curve and each character can do a special ability such as Jacks mask. I cant say much wrong about this game. Great audio, game play. all the varied locations from the film, cannons, Jack Sparrow and Pirates! If your a fan of Pirates of the Caribbean you cant go wrong buying this game!

The game translates well onto the Wii via the use of the 'nunchuck' control set-up. Controls smoothly.
  2. Jun 9, 2011
    I really enjoyed the POTC movies and I enjoyed the other Lego titles so naturally I had a great time playing Lego POTC for the Wii. I especially enjoyed the changes in the gameplay elements such as the auto-shift into split-screen when in co-op mode when both players's actions couldn't fit onto one screen. My only complaint would be that, in the Wii version at least, my wife and I experienced a pretty bad glitch in the last level of the "On Stranger Tides" world. Every time one of us hit a tree in the initial "room" the game would freeze and the speakers would emit a loud and obnoxious sound. This really soured my experience. But by avoiding hitting those particular trees we were able to complete the game and even get True Pirate on the level on our first run through in Story Mode. Other than that, my wife and I had a blast playing this game and I would recommend it, especially if you are gonna play through it with a friend. Expand
  3. Oct 11, 2011
    This game is just sick! It's not as good as Lego Star Wars 3, but it's still amazing! I like how it went back to puzzle game play rather then the total warfare of Lego Star Wars 3. The graphics aren't any different from the other Lego games in the series, but that doesn't mean they're bad. The graphics are quite good as usual. As for the game play, it's basically a traditional Lego game that holds little difference from the other games in the series. The game play doesn't need to change however. The company obviously wants to appeal to a more casual audience. I'm really happy about that because I'm a casual gamer. However, the game feels like a step backward in the series. I may have criticized the war style of Lego Star Wars 3 earlier, but to be honest, I actually like Lego Star Wars 3 better. To be fair, I'd recommend both of these games to anyone however. Expand
  4. Jun 9, 2012
    This is not as good as other Lego themed video games, but it is still pretty good. It didn't have that much action, and was frustrating in parts, but it was still a nice Pirates of the Caribbean adventure, and is certainly a great game for kids who are too young to play other games. It's even fun for adults. Anyone who likes the Pirates of the Caribbean movies should get this game.

1. Jul 8, 2011
    If you like LEGO, collecting things and coop-games, you can't do anything wrong, if simple gameplay and the pirate scenario is ok for you.
  2. Jun 23, 2011
    There are a few niggles, but as a whole LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean is another great entry into TT Games' long-running series. It's funny, perfect for fans of the films or just those in the market for some light-hearted antics and has more content than you could shake a peg leg at.
  3. Jun 16, 2011
    A few months ago, I reviewed LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars. That game introduced some light RTS elements to the series, along with loads of vehicle-based missions, and a huge cast of playable characters. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean falls short of that high mark, delivering a more traditional LEGO experience. That's not to say that Pirates is a bad game – quite the contrary. It's just puzzling to see a series that has struggled to evolve take a step back. Where are the epic ship-to-ship vehicle battles? Why is the pirate-infested port hub so boring? [July 2011, p.89]