7.1

1. Nov 18, 2014
    This, if you havent played Twilight Princess yet, is a great precursor to it. The longevity is boastworthy and with unparalleled fun this is the game that keeps on giving.
  2. BrodyS.
    Jan 8, 2008
    First, I must say that the Zapper peripheral is not as bad as people seem to think it is. It genuinely improves my aim and stability on games like this. As for the game itself, it's simply too short. The environments are creative, the enemies are varied, and the boss battles are fun, but the entire game can be beaten in an hour. The multiplayer mode extends the fun a little more, but First, I must say that the Zapper peripheral is not as bad as people seem to think it is. It genuinely improves my aim and stability on games like this. As for the game itself, it's simply too short. The environments are creative, the enemies are varied, and the boss battles are fun, but the entire game can be beaten in an hour. The multiplayer mode extends the fun a little more, but the game just needed to be larger. But for 20 bucks, what am I complaining about? Expand
  3. MarkD
    Jan 6, 2010
    I found the game to be very entertaining, especially the graphics and sounds. The biggest challenge is figuring out when to use the "fire" arrow which takes longer to shoot, but does more damage. I also like that you can shoot everything, and depending on the game, the item shot will yield different point values. Sometimes you get lucky and get the "floating golden star" which yields a I found the game to be very entertaining, especially the graphics and sounds. The biggest challenge is figuring out when to use the "fire" arrow which takes longer to shoot, but does more damage. I also like that you can shoot everything, and depending on the game, the item shot will yield different point values. Sometimes you get lucky and get the "floating golden star" which yields a high point value of about 800 points. Every once in a while you'll shoot something that will take away points, like killing the live chicken. I just wish there was a better way to remember where and how to get all of the high point values besides just trying to commit them to memory. Expand
  4. MatthewH.
    Dec 7, 2007
    I agree with the other readers. This game is short, but sweet! You will either love or hate the Zapper, but for the price this is a game you can afford to get. I could have been better, with online leaderboards, but hey now we are getting just a tad picky! GO BUY THIS!
  5. dL
    Mar 2, 2008
    Hours of addicting game play have kept my wife and I attempting to progressively out do each other for the last 3 months.
  6. JamesC.
    Dec 10, 2007
    It is not the deepest game but it its incredibly addictive. For only £20, you can't go wrong. The graphics are great and so is the music. The zapper should be worth £20 on its own but you also get a really fun game as well.
  7. JeffZ.
    Dec 4, 2007
    For a rail shooter, this game is a blast. Yes, its a bit short, but a heck of a lot of fun. Very worth the price for the zapper. I also like the zapper itself.
  8. BenihanaB
    Mar 16, 2008
    Really good game. Just wanted the wii zapper for other FPS, this game was a great bonus gift. My wife loves to play it too... Can not go wrong if you were planning on buying the zapper anyway
  9. KennethB
    May 4, 2008
    I like the game very much but ,the levels are too short.need more levels later on in game with smaller targets.the zapper is a bit small for the back of my hand is against it.each time I pull the trigger ,the zapper moves throwing off my shot
  10. WesS.
    Nov 21, 2007
    I'd actually give this game an 8.5. But since you can't do that it's an 8. Its short, but very sweet. I found myself beating this game in one sitting, an hour or so. But of course, not getting all the high scores and such...It's a very addicting game. and a great value!
  11. Greg
    Nov 24, 2007
    This game is one of my favorites on the Wii. Its so easy to play and quick to learn. How I view it is it was discounted and came with a free Zapper. A fantastic way to sell the zapper. I actually bought this game intending not to use the zapper but I found out how easy ti was to use and coulden't resist. I recommend this to anyone who can find it.
  12. SamJ.
    Nov 21, 2007
    Personally I don't believe this game should even be judged as if it were a full fledged game, it's not. However, for the $20 price tag, it offers a lot of fun and if your a fan of Twilight Princess, this is right up your alley.
  13. Nov 1, 2010
    I have been playing this game for a few weeks now and I think its great. The A.V. Club said you can get through it in one sitting...WRONG! Sure its not a long game, and you can get to the end probably sooner than other games but its a very fun shooter. The sounds are great and the levels are challenging and it looks good too. Plus the game encourages accuracy over just plain blasting.I have been playing this game for a few weeks now and I think its great. The A.V. Club said you can get through it in one sitting...WRONG! Sure its not a long game, and you can get to the end probably sooner than other games but its a very fun shooter. The sounds are great and the levels are challenging and it looks good too. Plus the game encourages accuracy over just plain blasting. It could have more levels, but I'm sure most people won't get every metal and find every enemy for a long time.

Using the zapper is sort of hit or miss (pardon the pun). I find I do better without it, but I've used it as well too. For the price you can't beat this game. Well you can eventually...oh never mind.
  14. Jul 27, 2016
    The game is a very good spinoff and it is very reasonable to be on the Nintendo Wii. Sure still flawed cause the gameplay can be repetitive still but the game is still enjoyable.

#25 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#45 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. So while Crossbow Training isn't a deep experience (it really needs online leader boards), it's addictive and justifies buying the Zapper.
    The problem with Link's Crossbow Training is unusual. It's not that it's a bad game. Instead, it's that there's just not enough to it.
    It's great for family gaming and the competitive edge offered makes it attractive to core gamers. If only Nintendo had bothered to include global ranked high-score leaderboards.