8.9

1. Aug 23, 2010
    This charming, rewarding, deep, funny and simply awesome game offers top strategy and some of the best music on the Wii. With classical remixes, wonderful enemy design and some nice, bright graphics. Few games offer such a memorable experience, one of the best Wii games ever, and truly essential.
  2. Jun 1, 2011
    Little King's Story, if you liked the style of the original Harvest Moons, and enjoyed Pikmin or Overlord, then you'll like this game. While it does have a cutesy exterior the game is pretty tough. Taking RPG, Strategy, Adventure elements and combining them into one game. Developers Cing (makers of Hotel Dusk, and quickly becoming my favorite new developer) and Town House do an amazing job.
  3. Jul 18, 2013
    Wow, what a beautiful surprise that I got with this game! Nice graphics, really original, the game makes you think and gives your the feeling that you game is unique. You will need more than 50 hours to complete it and it will be really worthy. Pretty and funny, but not easy at all. It is a pity that this game has not it´s own saga, but maybe is better like this, because the game is unique.
  4. Jul 24, 2012
    Little King's Story is the sort of game that is rarely released on a Nintendo console. This is a third party game which is just as good as the best Nintendo games on the console. The story is a funny plot, typical of a good RPG, and the games hero has the potential to become a star of Nintendo gaming. The game can be described as a mixture of the gameplay of the Pikmin games in the world of the Animal Crossing series, along with some of the best graphics on the console. Little King's Story has a charming soundtrack which was made by the same people who compose the music for Kingdom Hearts games. You can notice this throughout the endless hours you can find yourself immersed in this essential game. I can't begin to tell you how good this game is, and a sequel would be a perfect fit for the Wii U. If you have a Wii, buy this game. Expand
  5. vgb
    Oct 27, 2010
    For me, this is the defining Wii game, and one of the great games of the last 5 years. Everyone comments on the charm and I have to, too - it's filled with charm. It creates such a world that you will do any task the game asks of you just to stay in it for one more hour. And then another hour. And then some more. I am often amazed at ingenuity in games, but rarely feel like I really, really like the people who made the game, as is the case with Little King's Story. World class product. Expand
  6. Oct 14, 2012
    To be honest, when I first saw the game cover and the game pictures on the Internet, I thought "Wow, this childish game must suck". Well, that was one of the biggest mistakes I made in my entire life. Little King's Story indeed looks childish, but if you think you're going to play a game where there's no action, no story, and especially with no fun, you're wrong as well.

Little King's
    Story is perhaps one of the best indie games I've played in years. It's fun, it motivates you to keep on making upgrades and EXPLORING. And damn, this is a full meal for people who love exploring maps, discovering secrets, collecting items, making new units, completing missions...

Yes, sometimes it gets repetitive, but it's all about how well you play. If you don't play very well, you'll need to keep on doing the same actions to get money do buy upgrades. If you really know how to use your units, you'll be able to do so without grinding.

It's a game that somewhat requires you to take a peek at walkthroughs since there are lots of parts where you'll find yourself lost or in need of help, but that doesn't makes the game less worthy of a 10.

Even though some people may disagree with me, this game is, in my opinion, the best video-game available on the Nintendo Wii... But it's a shame for the other consoles to miss a game this great. This is a genuine hidden diamond found among the discount bin. A long, extremely fun adventure into a fantasy world which anyone who has a Wii needs to play, and even a reason for other people to buy one.

1. Funny, exciting, intelligent, weird and rewarding. This is what happens when great minds dare to be different. [May 2009, p.42]
  2. Every moment feels like it's been lavished with attention; Little King's Story is as rich as it is long, and it's a very lengthy game indeed. [May 2009, p.90]
  3. Funny, charming and a real meaty challenge, there's nothing else like it on Wii. [May 2009, p.81]