• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Mar 10, 2009
8.6

1. Apr 27, 2012
    And Ps3 and 360 fanboys say "the Wii has no violent games." This game right here DESTORYS all arguments out of the water.
  2. MattP.
    Mar 25, 2009
    This game is amazing. I would go so far as to say it is the best game on the Wii, though I haven't played many. The game is only five hours long, but replay value is infinite, especially if you happen to be bored with nothing else to do. The story is confusing, and starts off bad, but it slowly starts to make sense. The ending is pretty good, though it doesn't answer every This game is amazing. I would go so far as to say it is the best game on the Wii, though I haven't played many. The game is only five hours long, but replay value is infinite, especially if you happen to be bored with nothing else to do. The story is confusing, and starts off bad, but it slowly starts to make sense. The ending is pretty good, though it doesn't answer every question, and raises at least one new question. Some people may not like the black-and-white, but it works fine and the graphics as a whole are amazing for a Wii title. Expand
  3. joh
    Mar 22, 2009
    My hope is that some nintendo developer will read this and somehow communicate to whoever is the@#$%$#@ who keeps pumping out cheap, crappy wii games that it would make all gamers happy if nintendo would stop releasing titles with horrific N64 graphics, games suitable for ages 3 and below, and for the love of god stop making games based off of disney and pixar movies!!! Anyway, This game My hope is that some nintendo developer will read this and somehow communicate to whoever is the@#$%$#@ who keeps pumping out cheap, crappy wii games that it would make all gamers happy if nintendo would stop releasing titles with horrific N64 graphics, games suitable for ages 3 and below, and for the love of god stop making games based off of disney and pixar movies!!! Anyway, This game liberated me from the rest of the wii games. It had plenty of action, graphics, and gore, which usually isn't something a game really needs, but after trying 50 consecutive games which attracted a younger crowd than rugrats, I felt very refreshed. I had hours of fun. The game will remain on my shelf along with some of the good games like No more heroes, Twighlight princess, Metroid corruption, resident evil,Etc. So please, Whoever is making nintendos games, please, take my advice. Dont hire narcaleptic retards to design your games, and DO NOT make games based on Disney movies. (I would mention something about the Bratz game or the mily cirus singalong game, but im afraid i might smash my laptop out of rage). Expand
  4. Sep 10, 2011
    one of the greatest video games ever made. Fantastic plot, fantastic amount of violence and gore, fantastic comedy and graphics, and some of the greatest gameplay and weapons in one game and one of Sega's greatest games
  5. BarneeB
    Apr 7, 2009
    It has it's flaws, but overally it's a very unique game, with a great story, funny characters, good graphics and music, and the action is also flatout awesome. Of course if you hate violence and faul language, this is not your game. The game doesnt take itsefl too serously, so you should not either. It's bit short, but at least it's not too repetitive and it doesnt get It has it's flaws, but overally it's a very unique game, with a great story, funny characters, good graphics and music, and the action is also flatout awesome. Of course if you hate violence and faul language, this is not your game. The game doesnt take itsefl too serously, so you should not either. It's bit short, but at least it's not too repetitive and it doesnt get old during the 6 hours it takes to beat the game. Expand
  6. DejuanB.
    Mar 15, 2009
    The gore is simply a sight to behold. The most violently amusing game I have very played, and its on the Wii! A must buy for those who have a Wii and complain that its not a system for the hardcore population. This game proves you wrong.
  7. FozzyU
    Apr 7, 2009
    Simply put, this game will sell more Wii's. It's given me a reason to play my Wii again. It's Wii's answer to God of War (but more stylized and a more techno-punk theme than ancient greek). The attitude for this game is all there.
  8. nickb
    Aug 1, 2009
    Great graphics, great gameplay, good story and it will last you a fair while. One of the best looking and most imaginative games on the wii. The multiplayer feels a bit tagged on, if that was good it would have been 10. Here's hoping for a Madworld 2
  9. ClayA
    Mar 15, 2009
    MadWorld is quite a game. Publisher SEGA and developer Platinum have really put together an interesting beat 'em up that captures an arcade feel. With point based kills, extra lives, and rather linear gameplay, it feels very coin-op. The black and white art style makes it feel like a graphic novel, and the action is great. The Wii controls are used well and in moderation, much like MadWorld is quite a game. Publisher SEGA and developer Platinum have really put together an interesting beat 'em up that captures an arcade feel. With point based kills, extra lives, and rather linear gameplay, it feels very coin-op. The black and white art style makes it feel like a graphic novel, and the action is great. The Wii controls are used well and in moderation, much like most good Wii games. If you are interested in a blood soaked beat 'em up with insane combos and fun bosses, look no further than MadWorld. Expand
  10. PrestonD
    Mar 15, 2009
    To put it simply, Madworld is the first Triple A title for the Wii this year, and a must have to anyone who owns the console. Sure the game is short, but with an amazingly well crafted storyline, drop dead gorgeous visuals, and addictive over the top gameplay, this game is sure to be on my Game of the Year list. Oh, and go buy this game, because we need more like this!!!
  11. adamd.
    Mar 20, 2009
    great game, a little short, but no matter, it's a blast from start to finish and the writing is suprisingly good for the type of game it's in. the controls are comfortable and responsive and the gameplay is smooth. the art style is superb and suprisingly easy on the eyes. definitely worth at least a rental.
  12. TimSomething.
    Apr 28, 2009
    Do you want brutal yet hilariously over-the-top violence? Check. Do you want the best voice-over-commentary ever? Check. Do You want to laugh whilst blowing apart thugs in a creative and overall hilarious fashion? Check. MadWorld is a styalized, hilariously violent Beat-em-up with its own sadistic style of humor...So what are you waiting for? Buy it already!
  13. KylerN
    Dec 5, 2009
    Oh bloody violence with a nice black and white style. The colors make it hard to find things sometimes. The camera is terrible trying to lock on to enemies and do what you want. The controls smooth after awhile of playing. The minimap is kind of small and it can be ahrd to find objectives, although you could careless when you kill guys. Later levels the enemies get harder and it becomes Oh bloody violence with a nice black and white style. The colors make it hard to find things sometimes. The camera is terrible trying to lock on to enemies and do what you want. The controls smooth after awhile of playing. The minimap is kind of small and it can be ahrd to find objectives, although you could careless when you kill guys. Later levels the enemies get harder and it becomes less button mashing. finishing attacks for everything are awesome, the bike parts are dull but its satisfying if 5 bikes explode at once and the game lags ^^ Expand
  14. nates
    Mar 11, 2009
    This is by far one of the most unique and creative games to hit the war. The game has a fresh and distinct look to it and very addictive gameplay. The camera lacks a bit and the campaign runs short but there is a lot of replayability. If we want hardcore games to continue like this to come out for the wii then go buy it now!!!!!
  15. RonW
    Mar 12, 2009
    Madworld is one of the most stylistic games on the Wii. The controls really work well for the game and I think it is more fun on the Wii than it would be with a standard controller. The dialogue is over the top, and the music is great. If you want more games to come out like this then support Platinum Games an buy it!!!
  16. StevenB
    Mar 12, 2009
    This game was a lot of fun. The story was a little short (took me and a friend 7 hours to beat it - including dying), but we both loved every minute of it. The actual story is pretty deep for a game like this, and the best parts of the game include the dialogue, funny kills, and the commentary!! This game is a must buy (or at least rent) ... it is easily on my top 5 games on the Wii list.
  17. EliasD
    Mar 15, 2009
    One of the best Wii games to date and an amazing old-school beat 'em up reminiscent of Streets of Rage but with an incredible amount of style and violence so over-the-top that its laugh-out-loud hysterical.
  18. AnonymousMC
    Mar 19, 2009
    Absolutely amazing. If you have the stomach for crude humor, swearing, philosophy, screaming, buckets of blood, and the most foul, brutal, cruel violence ever to grace the video game screen, you must play this game. It may have only lasted six hours, but it was well worth the $50. Quite possibly, no, probably the best game in its genre
  19. willw
    Apr 13, 2009
    The best excuse for a Wii since Twilight Princess, this game is 6 hours of pure, ultra violent bliss. Lock up your children and don't talk to senators, because this game is definitely not for kids. I mean, it's a violent game show with hilarious and profane commentary by 2 well known comedians. Yeah, the Wii is now a truly family-friendly system because of this game, because now The best excuse for a Wii since Twilight Princess, this game is 6 hours of pure, ultra violent bliss. Lock up your children and don't talk to senators, because this game is definitely not for kids. I mean, it's a violent game show with hilarious and profane commentary by 2 well known comedians. Yeah, the Wii is now a truly family-friendly system because of this game, because now the hardcore gamer in the family won't have to incessantly play Brawl or Mario Galaxy, or another great, but squeaky clean, game. In my opinion, MadWorld is definitely the Wii's best game, not just of 2009, but ever. The only flaws are a mildly annoying camera and some repetitive but funny banter by the commentators. But those are only minor flaws in this great game. I swear, this is like Monty Python's classic skit Sam Peckinpah's Salad Days meets Sin City meets a Jhonen Vasquez comic, with some Pulp Fiction thrown in for good measure. On acid. That alone is enough reason to play this excellent, excellent game. Expand
  20. Sep 29, 2010
    This is the most violently over-the-top game I have played yet. If you think Grand Theft Auto and Gears of War is known for its high level of violence, this game just completely makes them look like its child's play. Though the camera is very annoying, it makes up for its intuitive Wii controls, hilarious characters and utter glorious gore. Buy it!
  21. Jan 17, 2011
    Excellent stylised graphics, fun gameplay and packed with adult humour. Nice job Platinum a very entertaining game. This is why i play videogames, a joy to play.
  22. Mar 24, 2011
    Just to start you off, this game is NOT for children, this isn't the MOST inappropriate game ever, but it is pretty high up. Now to get to the review, i definitely liked the game, i wouldn't say it was the best game ever, but it was pretty good. One of my favorite things about the game was the black and white aspect of it, in fact, this game is different from almost all other games. TheJust to start you off, this game is NOT for children, this isn't the MOST inappropriate game ever, but it is pretty high up. Now to get to the review, i definitely liked the game, i wouldn't say it was the best game ever, but it was pretty good. One of my favorite things about the game was the black and white aspect of it, in fact, this game is different from almost all other games. The game play was fun, especially the absolutely horrid things you could do to people, like throw several sign posts into someone's head then slam a tire over their head, then you could do something like throw them onto a wall covered in spikes, or thrust their almost dead bodies into a running jet engine. overall i liked this game and hope that they make a sequel with maybe a few more innovations. Expand
  23. Nov 8, 2011
    i admit it, this game has no real depth, however, i must say i enjoyed this game from beggining to end, i got never bored as the game progression always shows new deaths bosses and mini games cleverly.....what did you expect from this, a zelda game? this is a beat emup guys its simple and violent and i love it that way. Technically speaking is one of the best wii games in every aspect.i admit it, this game has no real depth, however, i must say i enjoyed this game from beggining to end, i got never bored as the game progression always shows new deaths bosses and mini games cleverly.....what did you expect from this, a zelda game? this is a beat emup guys its simple and violent and i love it that way. Technically speaking is one of the best wii games in every aspect. Its also very original. This is the kind of game you will never see in other consoles. come on its just 7,50 bucks buy it Expand
  24. Dec 24, 2011
    The games Mad World and Sonic Colors are the best game in the console so far, don't give Mario and Zelda **** WANT MAD WORLD DICK HEADS!
    The music is really good, the combat mode is just EPIC, the story is good.
    If you want to play a good game a the worst console of the 7th generation play this game!
  25. Aug 11, 2012
    This game is so unique the art in the game is just beautiful especially for a wii title the combat is fun and challenging and one of the bloodest games if ever played this game probably has more ways to kill people then any other game ever made the storyline is actually interesting but its not great because most of the time you spend just getting to know and like the character the onlyThis game is so unique the art in the game is just beautiful especially for a wii title the combat is fun and challenging and one of the bloodest games if ever played this game probably has more ways to kill people then any other game ever made the storyline is actually interesting but its not great because most of the time you spend just getting to know and like the character the only problems with this game is the camera system and little things like not being able to punch and move at the same time but other then that this is one of the best games on the wii Collapse
  26. Jun 26, 2013
    Madworld is an insane beat 'em up made by one of the best developers around, Platinum Games. Graphically, the game takes on a black and white comic book style, and it just looks awesome. The only other color you see other than black and white is red, lots and lots of red.

The mechanics of Madworld are those of any typical beat 'em up. However, the game is structured such that you can use your environment to your advantage by beating people with spare tires, sign posts, or by pegging them into giant spiked walls. There are a lot of ways to interact with your environment, which keeps the game fresh.

The game is full of amazing boss battles against unique and downright weird enemies. Nothing is more fun than defeating a boss, only them to finish them off with your chainsaw arm. By the way, you have a chainsaw arm in this game. Need I say more?

One of the coolest aspects of this game is the soundtrack, which is entirely made up of intense rap and hip-hop music. I don't even like rap, but I still loved the soundtrack.

The only thing I disliked about the game were the motion control quick time events. The reason I disliked them is because they just didn't work. It'd say swing left, and I'd swing left, but it wouldn't work. That was especially annoying during boss battles where these quick times events are crucial.

You should do yourself a favor and pick this game up. I got a copy for literally $5, so there's no reason to miss out on this. Games like Madworld and No More Heroes show that the Wii isn't just a console for 5 year old children and that there are badass games on Nintendo's platform.
  27. Apr 4, 2013
    One of the best Wii games out. I loved it; the graphics work very well, and the soundtrack is awesome. If you own a Wii buy this game. End of story...
  28. Dec 10, 2013
    This is a must own game for anyone with a wii that can stomach it. The music is superb. The commentators are actually laugh out loud funny! The boss battles are also a blast...quite literally. Just when you think it is overkill the game does something crazy to take it up a knotch. The weapons and everything about the game is great. Even the graphics on this game are wonderful. The blackThis is a must own game for anyone with a wii that can stomach it. The music is superb. The commentators are actually laugh out loud funny! The boss battles are also a blast...quite literally. Just when you think it is overkill the game does something crazy to take it up a knotch. The weapons and everything about the game is great. Even the graphics on this game are wonderful. The black and white environments are not at all bland or boring to look at. I only have 2 major gripes with this game. 1. Multiplayer is TERRIBLE! They dumbed down the actual attack moves you can use and made it so you have to compete for points in a stupid get more points than your partner mode. I invited a friend over because I was loving the singleplayer and wanted to try the multiplayer. I had to stop after about 15 minutes....and literally apologize for making my friend play it. I then proceeded to show him singleplayer and why I thought multiplayer was going to be badass and he got it. This is a single player game period. I mean all they had to do to make it multiplayer was add split screen co-op to the single player.....either that or not dumb down the game controls. One thing they did right though was the commentators gave special 2 player dialogue in multiplayer. Very funny, very appropriate! Second gripe: the game itself isn't that long. Yes you can replay it with unlocked super weapons and its still fun....but it loses its charm after a certain amount of playthrough. It still is a must play experience. There are so many cool ways to kill enemies and score points. I will seriously get flagged if I illustrate the cool combo's you can do. They just use the environments so well in the game, to create such a satisfying experience. For example you can use 3+ different environmental objects/events on a single enemy for some truly gut wrenching displays. Expand
  29. Sep 1, 2013
    Gritty, fun, awesome, killer good, and bloody amazing! Madworld brings the Wii to a level of violence that it needed and delivers perfectly! Done in such a crisp comic book style of art with the combination of great 3D graphics, this game will be driving you to the end with excitement, blood, laughs, and killer good ways to...well KILL! Madworld is something special for Wii owners, andGritty, fun, awesome, killer good, and bloody amazing! Madworld brings the Wii to a level of violence that it needed and delivers perfectly! Done in such a crisp comic book style of art with the combination of great 3D graphics, this game will be driving you to the end with excitement, blood, laughs, and killer good ways to...well KILL! Madworld is something special for Wii owners, and considering it isn't ported to this day, it should be treasured and remembered! If you have a Wii, or need a reason to own one, this one of the best reasons to have it! Expand
  30. Aug 11, 2012

I realize that not everybody will find MadWorld's unique visual and aural presentation appealing, but to me, the game is an instant collector's item and a Wii showpiece, not just for its amazing style, but for its label-busting content.
  2. Although the game is unquestionably brutal, the violence is so over-the-top that it's more humorous than gruesome...For any hardcore gamer, this one is not to be missed. [Apr 2009, p.82]
  3. Brutality, tons of blood and the most violent show ever seen to come exclusively to Wii. Former Clover members prove their talent with this beat'em up portrayed with this comic-book look drawn with black, white and red colors. Modern art with a great sense of humor mixed with a macabre tone, MadWorld can only be blamed for its 6 hours campaign and the little depth it offers as a brawler, compared to the biggest games in the genre.