7.6

1. SeanM.
    Mar 17, 2008
    Leaves room for improvement, and def not better then other consoles versions besides the intergration of the wiimote. Blows all other wii sports titles out of the water and the wiimote batting a pitching make up for lack of depth in franchise mode and next year will need to iclude even deeper minor leagues. Overall very fun to play by yourself or with friends.
  2. Bob
    Mar 4, 2008
    I just purchased this for the Wii and I have to say its phenomenal. There is no online play but I wasn't going to play it online anyways. The pitching is perfect, using the remote to aim where you want the pitch and then preforming a mini windup and throw (point the remote up (like to the sky) then flick it forward to release the pitch. Batting is very responsive too, using the I just purchased this for the Wii and I have to say its phenomenal. There is no online play but I wasn't going to play it online anyways. The pitching is perfect, using the remote to aim where you want the pitch and then preforming a mini windup and throw (point the remote up (like to the sky) then flick it forward to release the pitch. Batting is very responsive too, using the nun-chuck to aim where you want it and using the remote just like it is used in Wii Sports. Fielding is pretty good once you get the hang of it, using the control pad on the remote to pick which base to throw and then actually having to throw the remote forward to throw the ball. A double play feels awesome cause its like I had to turn it, great feel for a game for the Wii. Expand
  3. BobC.
    Jan 30, 2008
    Saw screen shots and description at 2K webpage. Awesome!!! Can't wait for this to come out in March.
    Mar 10, 2008
    Impossible to read text + poor batting controls + very poor graphics = save your money.
  5. MarkH
    Jul 26, 2008
    I think that this is the best baseball game out on wii right now. In my opinion it is better than MLB Power Pros. MLB Power Pros became to easy after a couple of days. MLB 2K8 is still challenging to me, and I am not even on the highest level yet. MLB 2K8 utilizes the wii remote etremely well for things such as pitching, batting, and running.I would definitely recommend this game to any I think that this is the best baseball game out on wii right now. In my opinion it is better than MLB Power Pros. MLB Power Pros became to easy after a couple of days. MLB 2K8 is still challenging to me, and I am not even on the highest level yet. MLB 2K8 utilizes the wii remote etremely well for things such as pitching, batting, and running.I would definitely recommend this game to any wii owner looking for a quality baseball game. Expand
  6. JamesM.
    Mar 14, 2008
    I lovvve this game and can you send me some emails about this game ?
  7. SteveW.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Everything i had hoped a baseball game on the wii would be while not being what i expected. Good motion sensing. Good presentation. It could still use some work on the animations and graphics in general, but it is > wii game, not a ps3 game. I have played 3- 9 inning games and haven't scratched the surface of what it has to offer.
  8. DillonL.
    Apr 10, 2008
    This game is terrible out of the case. The framerate issues that are VERY noticeable when fielding makes the game unplayable offline! Online...don't even try...framerate issues + lag = torture. I actually got a headache from this game. 2k then promises a patch and never delivered.
  9. Travis
    May 31, 2008
    I am a big baseball fan and I enjoyed this game it's not perfect but a good start and I hope next years version is even better with online and minor leagues plus improvement in graphics.
  10. NathanH.
    Aug 3, 2008
    An o.k. game. The best part of this game is the commentary duo of jon miller and joe morgan. The batting is alright. The most annoying part of this game is the web gem plays that the outfielders of the other team make 3 or 4 times a game. I dont know how many times i got pissed off when the centerfielder would steal a home run from me buy making a wall climb and extending his glove over An o.k. game. The best part of this game is the commentary duo of jon miller and joe morgan. The batting is alright. The most annoying part of this game is the web gem plays that the outfielders of the other team make 3 or 4 times a game. I dont know how many times i got pissed off when the centerfielder would steal a home run from me buy making a wall climb and extending his glove over the wall to make a next to impossible catch. The pitching is a fun experience though. Not a good buy, but a great rent. Expand
  11. MM.
    Sep 6, 2008
    Ouch. Disappointing gameplay to say the least. It is WAY too easy to hit home runs on any skill level, but the pitching is next to impossible when you raise the skill level all the way up. Also, there is no way to pinch hit for a pitcher and then keep that player in the game. The double switch option doesn't accomplish this and you can't switch the "pitcher's" defensive Ouch. Disappointing gameplay to say the least. It is WAY too easy to hit home runs on any skill level, but the pitching is next to impossible when you raise the skill level all the way up. Also, there is no way to pinch hit for a pitcher and then keep that player in the game. The double switch option doesn't accomplish this and you can't switch the "pitcher's" defensive position making it impossible to let a pinch hitter remain in the game unless you do it ahead of the pinch hit. Stupid stupid stupid. I miss EA Sports. Expand
  12. RyanH.
    Apr 19, 2008
    Graphics bad, game controls sub-par. I think EA needs to get the rights for MLB again.
  13. Jan 8, 2011
    its an ok game. with a capital O. Baseball 'my FAVORITE sport' . it looks cool and is cool ! Bang bang plays . BUT the ratings for teams are ridiculous. Example : the Mets! in the game they are good and in reality horible.
  14. Apr 28, 2014
    Greatest game yet to hit the shelves. I have played multiple game following this one, and not yet have any other even compared except for MLB 13 The Show.

#29 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008

The lack of online, 2K card system, and minor league teams is a huge letdown though, especially when you consider the Wii Connect 24 integration that could have allowed for live stat streaming, updated trades (Santana is still on the Twins, for example. Why?), and competitive stat tracking.
  2. Nintendo Power
    If you're a die-hard fan of the great American pastime and don't own any other consoles, this is still a decent game of baseball. [Apr 2008, p.88]
    A huge step in the right direction in combining the hands-on experience that the system is known for with authentic baseball gameplay. There are still plenty of kinks to work out, and next year there will simply be no excuse for omitting online play or the ability to update rosters because the roster that ships with the game is painfully out of date.