8.3

1. ErkH.
    Apr 13, 2008
    Edge magazine is a joke. When a game scores consistantly in a certain range and one review skews so far in one direction or the other something is amiss. Nintendo has never made a bad mario kart game and there is no reason to think they will start now.
  2. Jan 6, 2014
    Addicting and fun. Super frustrating, but in a good way. I would often spend hours and hours playing this game. Best racing game out there, definitely.
  3. Nick
    Apr 15, 2008
    Really good fun - takes a while to get used to but the new tracks are great and I actually find the bikes even more fun than Karts.
  4. FredE.
    May 5, 2008
    Excellent Game, Online Play with Friends is FUN :)
  5. cycodamo
    Aug 3, 2008
    Simply the best game I've played on the Wii so far. At first I thought it was a bit too easy and kind of a stripped down Mario Kart to appeal to a wider audience, but in fact it retains all of its challenge and unrelenting fun from previous iterations - finding the perfect line to powerslide around a corner before hitting a jump and executing a trick to try and catch up or leave the Simply the best game I've played on the Wii so far. At first I thought it was a bit too easy and kind of a stripped down Mario Kart to appeal to a wider audience, but in fact it retains all of its challenge and unrelenting fun from previous iterations - finding the perfect line to powerslide around a corner before hitting a jump and executing a trick to try and catch up or leave the rest behind is terrific fun. Single player is a great challenge, and people who complain about being taken out by items obviously haven't been paying attention - that's what Mario Kart is all about! Besides, if you're good enough you can avoid them (ie don't stay in the middle of the road, you know that's where Bullet Bill travels). Online is where the game really shows off: it's completely lag free and there's nearly always a maximum 11 opponents to race against. You will quite easily race 50 times in a row without realising how much time you've spent online in this game - it's just so damn addicting and fun. Lastly, the wheel device is marvellously realised, very accurate and does increase your enjoyment of the game. Can't say enough good things about Mario Kart Wii, 10/10. Expand
  6. Oct 23, 2010
    I always loved the old mario kart games like 64 and double dash but this game is ten times better!! The extra courses are sweet and I love the balloon battles. The multiplayer is awesome too.
  7. Aug 29, 2011
    i love this game. it is so much fun. i always win! I have mirror mode. I got it in about 6 months. It just so so fun to play. 262 reviews have a 7 or more. That's great!
  8. Oct 15, 2011
    mario kart wii is very special to me: it made me become hardcore, and was the first game that wasnt the first game i remember getting (mario 64 ds) that i thought... wow... my fav game of all time... of course there are better ones now, but at the time... well.... and not a fault... at all... 99%
  9. Feb 22, 2012
    Does this game really deserve a 10? Some people don't think so, and that's their opinion. Mine on the other hand is a little bit different. This game is amazing!!!!! When I was little I played Mario Cart on the N64 all the time! This game not only brought back what I loved from the N64 version, but added so many new aspects that I truly enjoy! The online is great, all of the bikes andDoes this game really deserve a 10? Some people don't think so, and that's their opinion. Mine on the other hand is a little bit different. This game is amazing!!!!! When I was little I played Mario Cart on the N64 all the time! This game not only brought back what I loved from the N64 version, but added so many new aspects that I truly enjoy! The online is great, all of the bikes and karts are fun to use, and this game is really fun to play with friends and family. Many people complain about the computer cheating on the game, and it does to a certain extent. However, isn't that like almost every other racing game? I think so, and I have played plenty of racing games. The computer isn't unbeatable anyways!!! You just need to race smart, and you will win!!! Love this game, go buy it!!! Collapse
  10. Aug 12, 2012
    If anyone ever tells you Mario Kart doesn't change enough tell them their argument is invalid because clearly they haven't looked at the tracks. Many have the same themes: water, desert, normal grass, sky, castle, etc.. Mario Kart Wii has that plus a mall level, a tree level, and also updated levels from previous Mario Kart iterations. Also, anyone who complains about how unresponsive theIf anyone ever tells you Mario Kart doesn't change enough tell them their argument is invalid because clearly they haven't looked at the tracks. Many have the same themes: water, desert, normal grass, sky, castle, etc.. Mario Kart Wii has that plus a mall level, a tree level, and also updated levels from previous Mario Kart iterations. Also, anyone who complains about how unresponsive the Wii's motion controls are needs to play this game. I would venture as far as to say that this is better than playing with an analogue stick and much better than a d-pad. If you have a Wii this is a must-have. Expand
  11. Jun 10, 2011
    This is the best Mario Kart Yet, from amazing tracks to amazing gameplay, to the bullet bills that can help you when youre doing bad, to the blue shells that knock me out of first a lot where it provides a challenge for me to get back into first, to the many fun gameplay modes in multiplayer, especially 3-4 players, is really fun. Its really fun to play with friendss. Its the best MarioThis is the best Mario Kart Yet, from amazing tracks to amazing gameplay, to the bullet bills that can help you when youre doing bad, to the blue shells that knock me out of first a lot where it provides a challenge for me to get back into first, to the many fun gameplay modes in multiplayer, especially 3-4 players, is really fun. Its really fun to play with friendss. Its the best Mario Kart yet, and unlike some people believe, even though there are items that can help you, this game does take some skill Expand
  12. CallumM
    May 7, 2008
    I am a fan of most Nintendo products and mario kart Wii being one of the better games. As if you use the Wii wheel it add some more realism into the game instead of using the joy stick. And it is a game you can play with most age groups. and i like how in incorporates most of the courses from the older games. this is a must have game for Wii gamers.
  13. FH
    Apr 30, 2008
    Mario Kart is one of my most fave games for wii! It is so realistic and you feel as if you are really driving the kart. The motor bikes are fab and the new circuits are great. There are loads of thing to do on it. I absolutely love the WFC mode and i could stay on this game for days. This game is a must have for anyone who owns a wii!
  14. Dec 19, 2010
    Probably the best racing games of all time! It's fun, it's fast and it's for the Wii! It puts games like need for speed to shame. Why is that you may ask? Because Mario Kart Wii has something other games wish they had! Skill! That's right, this game actually requires skill to play. Unlike those other crappy racing games that you'll see 40 year olds playing in their mother's basements.Probably the best racing games of all time! It's fun, it's fast and it's for the Wii! It puts games like need for speed to shame. Why is that you may ask? Because Mario Kart Wii has something other games wish they had! Skill! That's right, this game actually requires skill to play. Unlike those other crappy racing games that you'll see 40 year olds playing in their mother's basements. This game is for all ages and is exciting to play! not to mention how great the graphics are! Mario Kart Wii has the best online as well! It's really a great game and is a MUST GET! Expand
  15. RockBand
    Mar 27, 2008
    Is an amazing racing game!~
  16. HelmutA.
    Apr 15, 2008
    Viva Mario! It's awesome.
  17. DougL
    May 23, 2008
    Lots of fun no complaints so far. I prefer using the Wiimote and nunchuk to the wheel my fiancee prefers the wheel see what you like. Good if you are new to the series even better if you already have some races under your belt. Nothing radically new just good tracks and good fun.
  18. AndrewAdam
    Jun 30, 2008
    The game has a great multiplayer, online works awesome, the ghost challenges are great, and the rankings system online is actually good. The only gripe with the game is that you can no longer do the main mode two players. It is a must buy for anyone who owns a Wii.
  19. Sep 22, 2010
    Now to begin with. this game is pretty hard. if you think it is too easy try to play with the woi wheel. with your foot. eyes closed. now i need to say this game is not for hardcore gamers. but i need to say this game is fun as hell so that is why this game deservers 10/10. so other revievers remember the time games were fun? not all graphic this? **** gameplay that? remember when theNow to begin with. this game is pretty hard. if you think it is too easy try to play with the woi wheel. with your foot. eyes closed. now i need to say this game is not for hardcore gamers. but i need to say this game is fun as hell so that is why this game deservers 10/10. so other revievers remember the time games were fun? not all graphic this? **** gameplay that? remember when the meaning of games was to entertain us? not make us scream in mic like nowdays? but enough of that go back to MW2 Expand
  20. Nov 13, 2011
    One word makes Mario Kart Wii stand out among all other Wii games: Multiplayer. The online in Mario Kart Wii in spot on. Leaderboards, Fast Matchmaking, Friend Matches, Mario Kart has it all, and to top it of there is no lag, even on the slowest of connections.
  21. rogerw.
    Apr 11, 2008
    got it and its great! so fun. only problems have been that there doesnt seem to be normal, free for all battle mode, only teams! wat?! And i think everyone should have to use the wheel coz its the most fun and then it wud b fair. Apart from this its spot on mario kart action and easily best online game I've played and I have a 360 and find online pretty drab on that. I hope I'm got it and its great! so fun. only problems have been that there doesnt seem to be normal, free for all battle mode, only teams! wat?! And i think everyone should have to use the wheel coz its the most fun and then it wud b fair. Apart from this its spot on mario kart action and easily best online game I've played and I have a 360 and find online pretty drab on that. I hope I'm wrong about battle mode cause that would be so much better as it used to be. Expand
  22. LeighW.
    Apr 13, 2008
    Are you crazy! This racer is well better then any of other games on wii. i cant believe you would give it such low score. Loads of modes and loads new & old characters make a appearance, not only that but cars & brand new rides like the bikes, the replay value is through the roof in my opinion its the best racer and best online for wii todate. this deserves to be in your collection, there Are you crazy! This racer is well better then any of other games on wii. i cant believe you would give it such low score. Loads of modes and loads new & old characters make a appearance, not only that but cars & brand new rides like the bikes, the replay value is through the roof in my opinion its the best racer and best online for wii todate. this deserves to be in your collection, there is depth to its crazy style, and if you give it time you will find you will never wanna leave mushroom kingdom ever again. this is top rater, if you buy any game this year it should be this. 9.4% FACT! Expand
  23. PowerPuffGeezer
    Apr 16, 2008
    This really is the best game for racing, don't think buy.
  24. PeterB.
    Apr 19, 2008
    Seems like a nice game, not completely sure about the wheel yet. I see that some users are complaining about the lack of speech in online mode. But this is a minor complaint, as one easily can use the voice call function of Skype on PC/Mac (or in Xbox 360, if both have it) simultaneously as playing Mario Kart Wii.
  25. HettyC.
    Apr 24, 2008
    This is a fun game and the best driving game so far one of the bad things about this game is the fact that it is really hard to control the cars. all of the mario games are good and nothing under.
  26. ChrisB.
    Apr 28, 2008
    Using the racing wheel is much more fun than I imagined it would be. There is a strong feeling of actually being behind the wheel that I didn't expect. Playing with two or more people is a bit difficult because sometimes you can't see much above/below you and therefore don't know what to do. For example the Rainbow Road track is very difficult with a split screen because Using the racing wheel is much more fun than I imagined it would be. There is a strong feeling of actually being behind the wheel that I didn't expect. Playing with two or more people is a bit difficult because sometimes you can't see much above/below you and therefore don't know what to do. For example the Rainbow Road track is very difficult with a split screen because when going up and down all the "rainbow" hills you can't see what's ahead of you. Expand
  27. PeterJ.
    Apr 28, 2008
    This was my first time ever playing any of the Mario Karts. I found it an awesome game, and the wheel is surprisingly very accurate and easy to use.
  28. KyleU.
    Apr 28, 2008
    Tis game is plain and simiple the best mario kart installment at this point. people that have played the prior games may have complants but the addition of using a wii wheel to play makes the game even better.
  29. TIMTIML
    Apr 28, 2008
    The online mode works with out any lag. Lots of different options are a plus. I'm giving this a 10 because I can't find anything bad to say about it.
  30. DwightB.
    Apr 29, 2008
    Great Game - - little heavy on the items but a great game none the less!
  31. JordiR.
    Apr 3, 2008
    The best Mario Kart ever playing.
  32. Brandon
    May 1, 2008
    As with any Nintendo game, fun is the name of the game. I've had a ton of fun playing this game thus far. The most brilliant part of this game is the online play option. No longer do you have to wait for someone to come over and play. It's a simple game, but that's why it works so wonderfully!
  33. jj
    May 3, 2008
    Actually [anonymous], i played it with someone once and they couldn't do the races at all! But a great game nonetheless.
  34. Ian
    May 3, 2008
    Gameplay-wise, it's absolutely wonderful, supported by an awesome new powerslide, stunts, fantastic tracks, amazing online play, and the most fun way to play Kart ever - the Wii wheel. Mode variety and customization seem lacking though. Altogether however, it's a strong contender for being the best Mario Kart yet.
  35. LondonCalling
    May 3, 2008
    Never played MK on any platform before and was really impressed. The wheel is harder to use than nunchuk + wiimote but twice as much fun. Online is completely brilliant and will keep this game going for a long time. The Friends Room is a bit clunky so always find it better to join them in a race. Love it.
  36. LucasC.
    May 4, 2008
    WOW!! nice job on this one! need more like it.
  37. Katiel
    May 4, 2008
    I love this game, but I wish it had the random selection feature like MarioKart double dash.
  38. JesseS.
    May 5, 2008
    It's a lot of fun. It would have gotten a 10 if the network connections were a bit more stable. It really sucks to get disconnected from a game and lose a lot of rankings when there's really nothing you can do to prevent it.
  39. LS.
    May 5, 2008
    I love all the people talking about how some of the levels don't seem very new. That's because they are retro levels you dumb twits. I for one love the retro levels. As does my brother, fiancee, and about everyone else I've had come over to my house to play Mario Kart since we bought it last Tuesday. I've played every single Mario Kart since the SNES and have had a ton I love all the people talking about how some of the levels don't seem very new. That's because they are retro levels you dumb twits. I for one love the retro levels. As does my brother, fiancee, and about everyone else I've had come over to my house to play Mario Kart since we bought it last Tuesday. I've played every single Mario Kart since the SNES and have had a ton of fun with this one. As far as the online MP goes; it's not surprising that Nintendo stayed away from online voices since the era of XBL idiots spewing racial slurs, profanity, and 'your mom' jokes. I can't help but laugh at all the people talking about 'skill' in a Mario Kart game. Do the rest of us a favor and get over yourselves. Mario Kart as a series runs on the fact that the game is random and whimsical. If you wanted annoying realistic BS crap...play Gran Tourismo. That game is sooo terribly bad that the people who have no sense of fun like the complainers here must love it. The last part. Why are you complaining about the Wii Wheel? Is it the only way to play the game? Um, no. You can still play with the Wii-mote and Nunchuck. Honestly, I like using the wheel because it makes the game harder for me when I'm playing against people that haven't played before. If I were to use the Wii-mote and Nunchuck I'd be pulling off power-slides and mini turbos the entire race. The way I see it the Wii-wheel offers another way to play, and a slight handicap for the veteran gamers to overcome. I bought GTA4 on the same day as Mario Kart Wii and haven't even opened GTA4 yet. Expand
  40. UweP.l
    May 5, 2008
    This Mario Kart has the best racing mechanics in the series yet, and the online mode is just superb, bar the lack of customization that is available in offline multiplayer, such as the option to select how big a part the items will play. It would've been sweet to be able to get rid of that blue shell online. But in spite of the frustration that this can cause, the game is still This Mario Kart has the best racing mechanics in the series yet, and the online mode is just superb, bar the lack of customization that is available in offline multiplayer, such as the option to select how big a part the items will play. It would've been sweet to be able to get rid of that blue shell online. But in spite of the frustration that this can cause, the game is still bloody superb online and with friends, and a great, not to mention fair, challenge in the time trials. Expand
  41. BrianB
    Jun 9, 2008
    I thought the loss of a double team was a disapontment, but the gameplay got me back. Even though I agree wayne g about the CPU in 1500cc and Mirror, online is way better than Brawl's, the bikes is a wonderful addition to the game. Also, the trick system is also a good improvement to the formula. But, what also kinda, not that much, dissaponited me was that not all the tracks were I thought the loss of a double team was a disapontment, but the gameplay got me back. Even though I agree wayne g about the CPU in 1500cc and Mirror, online is way better than Brawl's, the bikes is a wonderful addition to the game. Also, the trick system is also a good improvement to the formula. But, what also kinda, not that much, dissaponited me was that not all the tracks were new. Still, it is a good game for vets and newbies. Expand
  42. KeithP
    Apr 10, 2009
    Mario Kart Wii is a really great game. It's really fun to play. I can see why the game got a lot of good reviews and why it sold a lot of copies. I give Mario Kart Wii a 10 out of 10.
  43. Tuah
    Oct 14, 2008
    The Mario Kart series is always amazingly fun to play, and Mario Kart Wii is no different. All the new characters are fun to have, and 12-contestant races are a lot more exciting than the 8-player ones have been. The Wiimote/Wheel controls are something I greatly enjoy, and I probably won't play with classic or Gamecube controllers often. The fact that there's an option makes The Mario Kart series is always amazingly fun to play, and Mario Kart Wii is no different. All the new characters are fun to have, and 12-contestant races are a lot more exciting than the 8-player ones have been. The Wiimote/Wheel controls are something I greatly enjoy, and I probably won't play with classic or Gamecube controllers often. The fact that there's an option makes this a much more fun game for all. I actually enjoy the fact that snaking has been taken out. While experienced gamers should obviously be better than newbies, snaking turned a gap into a canyon. The biggest problem this game suffers from is all the items. No matter whether I'm in 1st, 2nd, 6th or 11th, I still get pelted with all sorts of items. The POW block is completely overpowered, and red and blue shells are simply far too common. When paired with the poor catch-up AI, it's a setup for player failure, regardless of skill. Why can't I auto-catch-up? With items or poor AI, there will at least be a little balance. With both, the scales are tipped far to the computer. Online play is simply amazing. Lastly, to Wayne G, who gave the game a 2: The graphics are almost exactly the same as Double Dash. Most of the models have been reused. You know those characters from Super Mario 64 DS? They're exactly the same as in Double Dash and Kart Wii. Looking at Double Dash's lighting and shading techniques, I still notice a lot of the polygon edges, which are very well hidden in Wii. Expand
  44. JoeyB.
    Jan 5, 2008
    I have played every mario kart ever and loved every single one! This game is going to be great, no matter what anyone says!
  45. CraigP.
    Apr 11, 2008
    I've been a fan of Mario Kart since the SNES and although the DS version was great, this is better, it's just so much fun and as frenetic as ever. I can't understand any negative reaction to the game, I was able to play the Mario Kart arcade version and this feel pretty close, but it's the online mode that really makes this game great. Forget teh driving games that go I've been a fan of Mario Kart since the SNES and although the DS version was great, this is better, it's just so much fun and as frenetic as ever. I can't understand any negative reaction to the game, I was able to play the Mario Kart arcade version and this feel pretty close, but it's the online mode that really makes this game great. Forget teh driving games that go for realism, if you want to feel like you're karting, this is the only driving game that makes me feel like I'm driving...except for the shells obviously! Expand
  46. JoshC.
    Apr 19, 2008
    Incredible, me and my girlfriend are massive fans of the series, and I've played every version since the SNES to death; the controls work perfectly once you get used to them, all the karts have totally different feels to them and the bikes, which I expected to suck a big one, are incredibly fun and the tricks work fairly well. The online is great fun and probably the best we'll Incredible, me and my girlfriend are massive fans of the series, and I've played every version since the SNES to death; the controls work perfectly once you get used to them, all the karts have totally different feels to them and the bikes, which I expected to suck a big one, are incredibly fun and the tricks work fairly well. The online is great fun and probably the best we'll be able to get out of nintendo this generation. Connecting to a game takes a little while but once your in one load times are fairly short. The only problem with this, and it's one thats occurred in all mario karts, is the lack of new levels; 16 tracks is just not enough to be honest, and packing in another 16 old ones doesn't do enough to mix it up. All the same though, this is an incredible game and unless you didn't like the past games in the series you should definitely give it a try. Expand
  47. GaryT.
    Apr 23, 2008
    Best mariokart to date. Excellent online feature, bikes are very good. Overall worth getting
  48. MengX.
    Apr 27, 2008
    The game is truly fun while your playing with your friends. There are many funny tools help you to trouble your friends.
  49. DrewC.
    Apr 28, 2008
    I am a huge Mario Kart fan. I played 64 and DD religiously and loved both, especially the latter. But adding tracks from all games and online play makes this the ultimate Mario Kart game. It's got nothing new if you have never been a fan but I think doing away with "snaking" and automatic powerslides are the best thing the game has done. Fun with the wheel or nunchuck, any way you I am a huge Mario Kart fan. I played 64 and DD religiously and loved both, especially the latter. But adding tracks from all games and online play makes this the ultimate Mario Kart game. It's got nothing new if you have never been a fan but I think doing away with "snaking" and automatic powerslides are the best thing the game has done. Fun with the wheel or nunchuck, any way you play this game, it's just fun. Expand
  50. BrianO.
    Apr 28, 2008
    Absolutely loved the game. The online mode is perfect with tons of tracks and characters and the ability to play 2 people on one Wii online at the same time is very fun. Also the addition to 12 drivers in a grand prix race from 8 adds more fun. Best Mario Kart yet and have loved them all.
  51. ShaunC.
    Apr 28, 2008
    This is easily one of the best Mario Karts ever (if not THE best) and is probably my favorite game to come out on the Wii so far. Not only is it a lot of fun, even in ressurecting race tracks from SNES to GCN, but with the added online capabilities (Ghost Racing, WCF Friend Racing and Tournaments) this game is a must have.
  52. JackB.
    Apr 28, 2008
    I don't review games and I don't often play them, but Mario Kart is an exception. The whole series is excellent and this is the best of the lot. 32 tracks, 16 brand new, more characters, more battles, better time trial options with expert times to beat and best of all, an online mode with a rating system which tracks your progress. Small criticisms however are they you get the I don't review games and I don't often play them, but Mario Kart is an exception. The whole series is excellent and this is the best of the lot. 32 tracks, 16 brand new, more characters, more battles, better time trial options with expert times to beat and best of all, an online mode with a rating system which tracks your progress. Small criticisms however are they you get the feeling there could be maybe 24 new tracks and 8 "retro" courses, it seems like just adding some courses from the SNES and Gameboy was unnecessary and a time saving exercise. Occasionally things get a bit clumsy online too with other players disappearing and reappearing randomly, although I suspect that this isn't entirely the games fault. Overall however an excellent addition to the series and a worthwhile one at that. Expand
  53. MehboobV.
    Apr 29, 2008
    Great game. The online is Nintendo's best by far and the game is just really fun overall.
  54. AnonymousMC
    May 20, 2008
    Well first Id like to say I've never owned any other Mario Kart game before. I have however played 64 and double dash at my friend's houses. A lot of people are complaining about how bad it is compared to the others...it's a shitload of fun, and personally I think its better than the others! The graphics aren't AMAZING but they are still really good, even split-screen.Well first Id like to say I've never owned any other Mario Kart game before. I have however played 64 and double dash at my friend's houses. A lot of people are complaining about how bad it is compared to the others...it's a shitload of fun, and personally I think its better than the others! The graphics aren't AMAZING but they are still really good, even split-screen. The AI problems that others talk about are bad, but after a while you get used to them, and ther is a way to avoid EVERYTHING, including blue shells, except lightning. So even though the computers seem to have advantages, if you're good enough it won't matter. The multiplayer rules. Online has no lag at all, no waiting. This is my favorite wwii game, even over brawl. Expand
  55. JohnS.
    May 2, 2008
    Pros: Very fun, items are pretty good, online is done very well, its simple and quick, the matchmaking is good and no lag whatsoever, picture is crisp and clean. Wheel works surprisingly well, though takes practice. Cons: of course still no communication, and unlocking characters and everything takes lots of time offline single player, lack of a LAN option, and though it was frequently Pros: Very fun, items are pretty good, online is done very well, its simple and quick, the matchmaking is good and no lag whatsoever, picture is crisp and clean. Wheel works surprisingly well, though takes practice. Cons: of course still no communication, and unlocking characters and everything takes lots of time offline single player, lack of a LAN option, and though it was frequently debated, I kind of wanted the ability to do some double dashing. Expand
  56. Mr.B.
    May 3, 2008
    There's no 9.5 so I went ahead and gave it a 10! The .5 I would subtract would be that you cant "Retry" a course like you could in previous versions. This is very annoying when it comes to the last race and you do poorly and lose a cup because of it. SWEEEET game though! Interactive instead of left, right, up, and down buttons.
  57. am
    May 5, 2008
    This is the funnest Mario kart yet. The game play is definitely better than any past Mario kart. Some people are unhappy about the lack of options but this becomes insignificant once you play the game for enough hours, and you'll honestly find the funnest game that has been released on the wii so far!
  58. DanielN
    May 5, 2008
    This game is an excellent source of fun for you and your whole family. It is an excellent game to come in and pick up and play.
  59. BetA
    Jan 11, 2009
    Mario Kart Wii is possibly my favorite video game as of now because of it's fun, innovative controls, great new race tracks plus some great choices of retro tracks, and improved online play. Some people may say that the game has just come down to luck, but I beg to differ. Many times over, I have beaten the CPUs when getting hit by the blue shell multiple times! However, I suppose Mario Kart Wii is possibly my favorite video game as of now because of it's fun, innovative controls, great new race tracks plus some great choices of retro tracks, and improved online play. Some people may say that the game has just come down to luck, but I beg to differ. Many times over, I have beaten the CPUs when getting hit by the blue shell multiple times! However, I suppose the items from the CPUs might still be a problem. I think the CPUs should win with skill, not just items. Believe me when I say that I've been in countless races with other people, involving mostly skill. I do agree that there are a few MINOR problems: 1) No free-for-all battle mode, only teams 2) Manual-drift bikes have an unfair advantage over karts. 3) Terrible Mii voices Otherwise, this is possibly the most fun game I've ever played. I love this game!! Expand
  60. QuintS
    Jun 17, 2009
    It may be based on a lot of luck, but if you have online access and a Wii, you need this game... the 12 player online has resulted in many hours of wasted time since I bought this 2 years ago. By far the most played game I own. Or have ever owned.
  61. tonyb
    Aug 27, 2009
    lots of very inventive new unlockable tracks. Game does play favorites if player is in last place by giving them the fastest missles.
  62. JamesD
    Dec 18, 2008
    I give this game a 9 out of 10 because of the BS that happens to you on single player. Blue shell, red shell, blue shell, red red red RED, BLUEEEE!!! But unlocking karts and charactors for maltiplayer is absolutely amazing. You and your friends will not want to stop playing.
  63. MarkusE.
    Mar 26, 2008
    Leaps and bounds greater than the Wii's other online party game, Smash Bros. Brawl.
  64. m.ick
    Apr 12, 2008
    Amazing..... it took me a few hours to get to like the heavy oversteer but it seems to make sense with the new slide. there are loads of courses and when racing friend you are no longer confined to racing the cups. in fact everything is just more customizable and better.
  65. MarioL.
    Apr 18, 2008
    Mario Kart Wii is the bast.
  66. TopiasI.
    Apr 23, 2008
    How somebody that reviews games for job can give this game 60 points?? come on you have to be britty lonely guy because this game is great when you are playing with friend. The wheel system couldn't be better, its sick, lots of characters and maps to unlock.
  67. [anonymous]
    Apr 28, 2008
    I love it! It's something that you can play with anyone!
  68. Daniel
    Jul 13, 2008
    This is a strangely underrated game, at least critically. It's my favorite Mario Kart, and I've been playing them since the series originated on Super Nintendo. It's true that the steering wheel & bikes are small additions to the series, but overall this has everything I want from Mario Kart plus some nice extras. The new levels are some of the best of the series, and the This is a strangely underrated game, at least critically. It's my favorite Mario Kart, and I've been playing them since the series originated on Super Nintendo. It's true that the steering wheel & bikes are small additions to the series, but overall this has everything I want from Mario Kart plus some nice extras. The new levels are some of the best of the series, and the controls seem nicely streamlined (with 2 different controller options aside from the wheel). As for the games "flaws", I never cared much for battle mode, and having victory snatched from your hands at the last minute, seemingly "unfairly", has always been the nature of Mario Kart. This is a great game to play with friends and non-gamers as well as a great one to play on your own and against "pros" online. Expand
  69. ChristopherH
    Sep 16, 2008
    I love this game! The mascots are adorable, and that is nice. What's awesome are the online play and the graphics in the actual courses. It is absolutely annoying that the computer AI folks ram you so freakin' hard in the 150cc and Mirror cups, but considering it took me over 40 hours to finally win all 120 stars in "Galaxy" (yes, I did actually beat the toy purple stars level), I love this game! The mascots are adorable, and that is nice. What's awesome are the online play and the graphics in the actual courses. It is absolutely annoying that the computer AI folks ram you so freakin' hard in the 150cc and Mirror cups, but considering it took me over 40 hours to finally win all 120 stars in "Galaxy" (yes, I did actually beat the toy purple stars level), I should be able to handle these bits and bytes! It's great to have some serious competition that you just can't seem to beat! But when it comes down to it, just play the same game they are (the AI) and they will be devastated!!!! (Only have the Lightning Mirror to get gold in, then you will all plumet to a soft landing in not wining land, you online folks, HA HA!) Super Fun Mario Land Times For Ever Big Tree Sushi! Expand
  70. Oct 19, 2010
    The Mario Kart series has always been amazing and this game is no different. The courses are great and the inclusion of bikes (motorcycles) was a great one. There are a few odd decisions for the new game, like how battling on teams is the only option. The game is getting a little to hectic and random, with the old items as well as Pow Block, Blooper, Lightning Cloud, Bullet Bill, and MegaThe Mario Kart series has always been amazing and this game is no different. The courses are great and the inclusion of bikes (motorcycles) was a great one. There are a few odd decisions for the new game, like how battling on teams is the only option. The game is getting a little to hectic and random, with the old items as well as Pow Block, Blooper, Lightning Cloud, Bullet Bill, and Mega Mushroom. The Wii controls work great but Nintendo switched the drifting system to make it a little too easy. Mario Kart Wii is a great game, especially online, and will keep you coming back again and again if the series is getting a little too easy. Expand
  71. Aug 13, 2011
    One of the best reasons to hang on to your Wii that may or may not be getting much use currently. Following the tradition of the Mario Kart series from its humble beginnings on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo delivers another stellar entry. If you've ever played Mario Kart before you will be right at home, and if you haven't, this is the perfect place to start, and aOne of the best reasons to hang on to your Wii that may or may not be getting much use currently. Following the tradition of the Mario Kart series from its humble beginnings on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo delivers another stellar entry. If you've ever played Mario Kart before you will be right at home, and if you haven't, this is the perfect place to start, and a lot more forgiving than the portable games â Expand
  72. Jan 8, 2011
    Mario Kart is the best Mario spin-off there is. When I played this game, I just enjoyed it, from start to finish. Sure, there's a bit of luck involved, there's nothing like knocking off someone's top position at the last minute. Nothing like it. The gameplay is just really fun. Need I say more? Half of the game's tracks are new, but the other half are old tracks. Some might consider it aMario Kart is the best Mario spin-off there is. When I played this game, I just enjoyed it, from start to finish. Sure, there's a bit of luck involved, there's nothing like knocking off someone's top position at the last minute. Nothing like it. The gameplay is just really fun. Need I say more? Half of the game's tracks are new, but the other half are old tracks. Some might consider it a weakness. However, this is just what I wanted them to do. The old SNES and N64 tracks in modern graphics = awesome sauce. The game offers you multiple ways to play it and Nintendo have done the right thing. You can use the Wii Remote, equip it with a Wii Wheel, use the nuchuck, play with the classic controller or the best one: the Gamecube controller. The best part yet it the multiplayer. Watching you pwn your mates, there's nothing quite like it. The Mario Kart seriesis everything games should be: Fun, addictive, surprising, great fun in single and multiplayer mode. Just a shame Nintendo didn't push the series further. Expand
  73. Jan 31, 2011
    This is a fun, all around family game. Definitely for all ages. You can be anyone from the Nintendo games with many weapons, power-ups, and Cart designs. The multiplayer mode makes it a keeper. Do not rent this game! You will be playing it for hours. The only downers are: Too many un-lockables and they are very hard to get unlocked.
  74. Jul 15, 2011
    This game is a great addition to the Mario Kart series. The environments and tracks are really fun and look great, there are tons of cars, bikes and tracks to race on, there are tons of unlockables, and the roster is great. There are a couple new items to mess other people up with, and the controls are great. the gameplay is fine, and it is easy to control. You can also go on WiFi and raceThis game is a great addition to the Mario Kart series. The environments and tracks are really fun and look great, there are tons of cars, bikes and tracks to race on, there are tons of unlockables, and the roster is great. There are a couple new items to mess other people up with, and the controls are great. the gameplay is fine, and it is easy to control. You can also go on WiFi and race people around the world. This game is really a 9.5, because it's just so awesome. Expand
  75. May 17, 2011
    I agree completely with the AceGamerz review of this game. It charmed me, it was 2008's best game ever. Go buy it! Quick, before stores run out!!! I bought it the year it came out, again, it charmed me!!!
  76. Jul 3, 2011
    The BEST Wii online game you could ever pick up. It's fairly smooth and the game offers pretty good controls for the Wii Wheel. The idea of 12 racers WAS a good concept. But this add-on was also one of the main reasons why this game doesn't deserve all ten. It left me really frustrated to get a 3-star License (3-Stars is the best you can get in the game). But overall, a simply enjoyableThe BEST Wii online game you could ever pick up. It's fairly smooth and the game offers pretty good controls for the Wii Wheel. The idea of 12 racers WAS a good concept. But this add-on was also one of the main reasons why this game doesn't deserve all ten. It left me really frustrated to get a 3-star License (3-Stars is the best you can get in the game). But overall, a simply enjoyable game for the family. Expand
  77. Jul 16, 2011
    This is my favorite Wii game. At first, it was very fun to work to try to unlock all of the hidden things - but even since I've done that, I find myself always wanting to play it when I feel like using my Wii. There is a good deal of luck involved in your performance from race to race, but I think that keeps it challenging ... plus, it's like life; even if you do everything right,This is my favorite Wii game. At first, it was very fun to work to try to unlock all of the hidden things - but even since I've done that, I find myself always wanting to play it when I feel like using my Wii. There is a good deal of luck involved in your performance from race to race, but I think that keeps it challenging ... plus, it's like life; even if you do everything right, sometimes you're in the wrong place at the wrong time. Expand
  78. RJV
    Sep 25, 2011
    Mario Kart Wii is very well made. The Wii's motion control is, in a rare case, used to perfection. The handling is great, the buttons feel natural, and with a Wii Wheel it feels right. Also, if you have played, the DS version for example, you notice that the old style of staying in a straight line for as long as possible for maximum efficiency has been scrapped, and now is more about notMario Kart Wii is very well made. The Wii's motion control is, in a rare case, used to perfection. The handling is great, the buttons feel natural, and with a Wii Wheel it feels right. Also, if you have played, the DS version for example, you notice that the old style of staying in a straight line for as long as possible for maximum efficiency has been scrapped, and now is more about not hitting the more numerous obstacles. you have ever in the slightest liked another Mario Kart game, then this is better. This being the sixth in the series, it is obvious that Nintendo has definitely got it right this time, with new moves, such as shaking the Wii Wheel while doing a jump to get a boost when you land, and a new power-up or two, it won't make you say "same old game". The new courses are great, and the retro ones are also great choices. When you first start playing the 50cc Grand Prix, even as a rookie, if this is your first time for Mario Kart, it is really easy, and trains you well. The easiness quickly vanishes as you get to 150cc though. Incredibly hard, Incredibly frustrating, yet still incredibly rewarding once completed. Online multiplayer is great, and with more characters and karts than ever, if you have a Wii, get the game. If you don't have a Wii, consider getting one for this game alone. Expand
  79. Feb 12, 2012
    The Wii revolutionized interaction with your game experience and this is one that will have you playing for hours upon hours. Mario Kart Wii wheel draws you into the game, it is difficult and will get you really upset after trying to get all stars for all courses but try try try again and don't give up so you can show off your stars to players online and enjoy the online experience withThe Wii revolutionized interaction with your game experience and this is one that will have you playing for hours upon hours. Mario Kart Wii wheel draws you into the game, it is difficult and will get you really upset after trying to get all stars for all courses but try try try again and don't give up so you can show off your stars to players online and enjoy the online experience with players around the world! classic one for the books. Expand
  80. Nov 8, 2011
    This is the best Mario Kart of all because there is a lot more content than Mario Kart Double Dash. More characters, more tracks, and an amazing online mode, where you can quickly jump in to a race.
  81. Dec 14, 2011
    Wow. Anyone who plays this game for the first time will definitely get hooked. The player becomes more engaged into this game, more controls and definitely better graphics. So many endless options to improve your racing skills in this one. I was literally speechless when I first played this game. Can't wait to try the 3DS Mario Kart 7.
  82. May 5, 2012
    The reason why Mario kart wii is so awesome is because of all the variety in the game. Mario Kart Wii is can last you a few days, or a few years! Depending on how you like the core gameplay in general. This kart has just so much variety, you can spend a whole afternoon just messing with the characters. If you don`t have this game yet, be sure to pick it up
  83. Aug 19, 2012
    Love this game!!!!! Its heaps fun, love the bikes, the variety of characters, online (though not many people on as much), and its an easy game to play, quite difficult to master!
  84. Dec 7, 2012
    This is a very good game overall, I'm glad you can use game cube for this game, or else I might have to use the somewhat finicky wii remote. The other part of the 9/10 that has taken away from the ten would be the four player multiplayer mode, which is really difficult to play, maybe a bit laggy even Overall, 9/10
  85. Dec 15, 2012
    Mario Kart Wii is a extremely fun game, and, for the record, the first game i beat 100 %. Some people may argue that "there's too little skill involved", but after all, that's not what the game is about, it's about trolling your friends, and if you take everything seriously, why do you own a wii to begin with? For me the game doesn't get a perfect score because of minor control issues, andMario Kart Wii is a extremely fun game, and, for the record, the first game i beat 100 %. Some people may argue that "there's too little skill involved", but after all, that's not what the game is about, it's about trolling your friends, and if you take everything seriously, why do you own a wii to begin with? For me the game doesn't get a perfect score because of minor control issues, and the blue shells, which do not benefit the user in any way, and therefore, are just annoying. Expand
  86. Jan 19, 2013
    Mario Kart Wii is a game that gets a lot of flack for its Tough as Nails AI rubberbanding. But this in no way breaks the game. Since the SNES edition, Super Mario Kart, there has always been a brutal Comeback run by the Game's AI that makes finishing a 150cc Race a great challenge. But if you can look past this, you'll find a solid Racing game. Right off the bat, Nintendo had added aMario Kart Wii is a game that gets a lot of flack for its Tough as Nails AI rubberbanding. But this in no way breaks the game. Since the SNES edition, Super Mario Kart, there has always been a brutal Comeback run by the Game's AI that makes finishing a 150cc Race a great challenge. But if you can look past this, you'll find a solid Racing game. Right off the bat, Nintendo had added a Steering wheel peripheral, that, while unneccessary, can help to simulate a real steering wheel with almost precise 1:1 steering motion. It controls very well, and after getting the hang of it, can help you race with friends,AI, or people online almost as if you were using a regular button controller. Along with this, Mario Kart Wii has some of the best controls so far in the Franchise, as Drifting, Item usage, and steering all work like a Dream. With the addition of Motorcycles, Nintendo adds a new layer of strategy to the game, causing the player to decide between the Wheelie boosts a Bike can use, or the powerful Double Boosts a regular Kart can use. The game also uses "Tricks", where pushing anywhere on the D-Pad on a regular GC or Classic controller will give you a brief speed boost upon landing from a jump, or shaking the Wii-mote/Wheel if using it. Aside from the controls, Mario Kart Wii has a solid list of Characters, Stages, and Vehicles to choose from, all adding combination possibilites for players wishing to experience Heavy and Light Class Racing. The stages on its own can range from spectacular to Mediocre at times, but the Retro courses that are also included also add a nice layer of Nostalgia to Races. Splitscreen Racing and Battle Mode with friends is as fun as its always been, although sometimes the Divisions can make the screen very small for some people. Online can be a drag, because many Hackers and griefers like to mess up peoples fun, but if you look past it, you'll find a solid racing experience. Expand
  87. Nov 28, 2013
    Three words: It's about time. Sorry if it offends anyone, but I didn't like Mario Kart DS. It was too clunky. But then this game took it all back to the way it used to be. The courses are great, the karts are unique, and the graphics are AMAZING. Seriously, once you see your favorite characters on that screen, you never look at them the same way again. The trick element was godly. IThree words: It's about time. Sorry if it offends anyone, but I didn't like Mario Kart DS. It was too clunky. But then this game took it all back to the way it used to be. The courses are great, the karts are unique, and the graphics are AMAZING. Seriously, once you see your favorite characters on that screen, you never look at them the same way again. The trick element was godly. I find myself replaying tracks just to see what kind of tricks I could do. Once I even did a double corkscrew frontflp. I paused the screen in midair just to look at it. Anyway, back to the review. There are a lot of luck based instances, including the murderous Spiny Shell, but that doesn't ruin the game by any means. It's a package of racing that will keep you coming back for years to come. Simply sublime. 10/10 Expand
  88. May 3, 2013
    Mario Kart Wii is really fun. There are over 30 courses and you can race as your own Mii which I really liked. I liked playing people over the internet and the shortcuts are fun to find. There are lots of good characters to choose from. I like racing as Luigi on his motorbike. Some people think Dry Bowser and Rosalina are the best characters. What I find annoying when I go on Worldwide areMario Kart Wii is really fun. There are over 30 courses and you can race as your own Mii which I really liked. I liked playing people over the internet and the shortcuts are fun to find. There are lots of good characters to choose from. I like racing as Luigi on his motorbike. Some people think Dry Bowser and Rosalina are the best characters. What I find annoying when I go on Worldwide are people that use cheats in the game to try and win the race or battle. Still this game is awesome. Expand
  89. May 25, 2013
    The Wii compared to my ps3 is not very good, with inferior graphics and not as many games my ps3 is what I stick with most of the time. So when there's a game on the Wii that's capable of pulling me off my PS3 it has to be good. Mario Kart is that game. Its a fun racer with great tracks and is one of the few games my family will play with me. Using the Wii remote to steer worksThe Wii compared to my ps3 is not very good, with inferior graphics and not as many games my ps3 is what I stick with most of the time. So when there's a game on the Wii that's capable of pulling me off my PS3 it has to be good. Mario Kart is that game. Its a fun racer with great tracks and is one of the few games my family will play with me. Using the Wii remote to steer works surprisingly well and the AI can give you a challenge when you put up the difficulty. The best part though is just how fun it is to play and you can't ask for more than that. Expand
  90. Jun 19, 2013
    Mario Kart is a game that many people associated with memories, might even think of as nostalgic. It's got a great amount of unlockables, but not so many that you will spend years and years just trying to get them all, some of which are easy to obtain for people who aren't that skilled at driving games, but lots of hard-to-get ones for the pros. It's also a good game when you want to haveMario Kart is a game that many people associated with memories, might even think of as nostalgic. It's got a great amount of unlockables, but not so many that you will spend years and years just trying to get them all, some of which are easy to obtain for people who aren't that skilled at driving games, but lots of hard-to-get ones for the pros. It's also a good game when you want to have a less luck based version of coin tossing or drawing straws. It's frustrating enough to make us angry racing beasts, but not so frustrating that we give up on the game. It's a big salad of emotions, but it pretty much just boils down to happiness. The happiness of being able to conquer your friends and gain superiority over them. Heavily recommended if you have ever desired to CRUSH others. Expand
  91. Aug 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Man, this game is a total package! Over 20 playable Mario characters, over 30 tracks, over 15 karts and bikes! The princesses got a athletic outfit, when they're using bikes! But the best character addition is Rosalina. We finally got a great playable character besides all of these stupid Mario enemies! The only thing that sucks is the team V.S. mode because the item rules are pretty unbalanced. But overall, MKW is the best Mario spin-off EVER! Expand
  92. Sep 2, 2013
    Mario kart Wii is excellent. Believe me when i say that i have no problems with this game. Multiplayer was perfect, the online mode was even better, the battles are amazing and the VS Races can make you play for hours!
  93. Aug 13, 2013
    This game is and many other Nintendo games are reasons the Wii is a great console. This game has great multiplayer, single players karts and motor bikes and many ways to have fun. This game has addcting gameplay while sometimes frustrating, at least to be the frustration of getting hit by a blue shell only adds to the incentive to keep playing. Because you wanna get your damn revenge onThis game is and many other Nintendo games are reasons the Wii is a great console. This game has great multiplayer, single players karts and motor bikes and many ways to have fun. This game has addcting gameplay while sometimes frustrating, at least to be the frustration of getting hit by a blue shell only adds to the incentive to keep playing. Because you wanna get your damn revenge on the noob who hit you. (which is probably me cause I get hit by f'ing everything) Expand
  94. Feb 3, 2014
    Mario Kart Wii is one of best wii games to date
    the first multplayer online mario kart game that i have played
    as well customize karts and bike as well
  95. Nov 22, 2013
    Nobody are bigger fans of Nintendo Game Legends and five years ago when this came out it was a dream come true. I live every thing about his game the graphics, the characters and the entertainment this game is great.
  96. Nov 7, 2013
    What to say....I love this game...This game is absolutely perfect...I grew up around Mario Kart around the Gamecube decade of it and started off from the SNES version up to the 3DS. Super fun gameplay and awesome characters. The controls are...well kinda easy. The items...woo...the items are sure kinda annoying...but fun...the only reason why I gave this a 10 is because of the fun hacks,What to say....I love this game...This game is absolutely perfect...I grew up around Mario Kart around the Gamecube decade of it and started off from the SNES version up to the 3DS. Super fun gameplay and awesome characters. The controls are...well kinda easy. The items...woo...the items are sure kinda annoying...but fun...the only reason why I gave this a 10 is because of the fun hacks, texture hacks, character hacks, item hacks, course hacks, cup hacks, and other kinds of hacks...but yeah, this game is fun. Expand
  97. Nov 26, 2013
    THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER Yah AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YEP
  98. Dec 8, 2013
    Greatest Mario Kart Game In My Opinion! Great Gameplay and With the new feature of bikes makes it 100 TIMES BETTER then all other mario karts COMBINED! To Me The Controls Rock, I Love How You Get The Feature Of Using Any Controller You Like! My Favorite Part is Nintendo Wifi, You Can Race with People around The Globe To Get 1st Place In This Exiting Game! If Your a Mario Fan, You ShouldGreatest Mario Kart Game In My Opinion! Great Gameplay and With the new feature of bikes makes it 100 TIMES BETTER then all other mario karts COMBINED! To Me The Controls Rock, I Love How You Get The Feature Of Using Any Controller You Like! My Favorite Part is Nintendo Wifi, You Can Race with People around The Globe To Get 1st Place In This Exiting Game! If Your a Mario Fan, You Should Get This Game.... No You HAVE TO get this Game!

Rating 10/10

~ KyleCritic
  99. Feb 1, 2014
    Mario Kart Wii is a Kart Racer game and is the best Mario Kart game. There's a lot of character and tracks to unlock. Half of the tracks is remakes of past Mario Kart games and other are originals. The music good. Character rosters is good, well expect the baby characters. You could eventually unlock your mii. Play online is very fun. But once I unlock everything the game slows down. ButMario Kart Wii is a Kart Racer game and is the best Mario Kart game. There's a lot of character and tracks to unlock. Half of the tracks is remakes of past Mario Kart games and other are originals. The music good. Character rosters is good, well expect the baby characters. You could eventually unlock your mii. Play online is very fun. But once I unlock everything the game slows down. But that's what online for. Well there's aren't a lot to be said about Mario Kart. Is straight forward. Get it if you have a Wii. It will worth it. Expand
  100. sdc
    Apr 4, 2015
    Best... racing game.... EVER! Great graphics, tight controls, cool levels, and some salty gaming makes this a must have for players of all sorts, whether it be having fun in the single player campaigns, or getting drunk with your friends.
  101. Feb 22, 2012

1. With more features, modes and multiplayer options than ever before, fans should be revved up to get behind the wheel. [May 2008, p.86]
  2. Having sacrificed racing integrity in "Double Dash" to side with social silliness, Nintendo has turned 180 degrees into an awkward halfway house. [May 2008, p.86]
  3. Then there is the Wii Wheel peripheral itself, which if you did not already know is just a plastic housing for the Wiimote. I have to admit though it is a well made bit of plastic, and is not only smarter looking than the uninspired Wii Zapper, but also more ergonomic to hold. Unexpectedly it is very easy to use.