Mario Kart Wii Wii

8.3

1. Apr 6, 2016
    Despite being all about luck, Mario Kart Wii once again lives up to its own franchise making the other race games on the Wii seem pointless to play. Stay away from them and play Mario Kart Wii if you have this game somewhere.
  2. Nov 8, 2011
    This is the best Mario Kart of all because there is a lot more content than Mario Kart Double Dash. More characters, more tracks, and an amazing online mode, where you can quickly jump in to a race.
  3. Aug 1, 2016
    Wow this game is great but the game is flawed. The problems are the motion controls, most of the tracks are generic, not memorable, and not addicting enough as other Mario Kart games.
  4. Nov 21, 2015
    Still fun and probably the only thing I ever play on Wii anymore. This game is the best, I played it in college and no matter how many years pass I can still find solace throwing red turtle shells at that pink princess. I still cannot find a way to stop the rockets
  5. Jul 24, 2011
    Mario Kart Wii was one of my most anticipated games that i rabidly wanted, and the time i had it, i played it like if there wasn't tomorrow. Set with nice content to keep you busy , responsive gameplay , and colorful graphics gives life to the known Mario icon. The bundle that includes a steering wheel adds diversity, the steering wheels doesn't change nothing to the experience,Mario Kart Wii was one of my most anticipated games that i rabidly wanted, and the time i had it, i played it like if there wasn't tomorrow. Set with nice content to keep you busy , responsive gameplay , and colorful graphics gives life to the known Mario icon. The bundle that includes a steering wheel adds diversity, the steering wheels doesn't change nothing to the experience, because it;s just a piece of plastic that it;;s empty , you just put the Wii remote to it, and Voila!!! there you have a "real" experience of how to drive in the future. In case of the online , it plays decently fine not a big thing or video games transformer. Mario Kart Wii has the entertaining time in a huge moment , but it isn't reliable, only a few weeks and there you go, another CD in your forgotten library , Plus+ , a pheripheral in the dust waiting to be discovered in the next year. Expand
  6. May 20, 2016
    This game is good . In this game bad graphics for 2008 , but this game is very funny . In this game is many normal Characters' Cars . In this game I like Luigi . Mario Kart Wii better than Mario Kart 7 , Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Kart 8 because Mario Kart Wii is Funniest game in Mario Kart Series and in Mario Kart Wii many different very beatiful trucks . 8/10 .
  7. Jun 27, 2013
    Mario Kart Wii is without a doubt the biggest Mario Kart to date. It had over 32 courses, 16 new (each one awesome) and 16 old (with revamped graphics). There are more characters to choose from, more cars, and now there are motorcycles. There's even an online component to the game that works really well, never once lagging. The only issue with this game is its reliance on chance. No matterMario Kart Wii is without a doubt the biggest Mario Kart to date. It had over 32 courses, 16 new (each one awesome) and 16 old (with revamped graphics). There are more characters to choose from, more cars, and now there are motorcycles. There's even an online component to the game that works really well, never once lagging. The only issue with this game is its reliance on chance. No matter how good I got at this game, a blue shell could always best me, leaving me in 8th place. For latter installments, I recommend an item select screen, similar to that of Super Smash Bros, in order to fix this issue. Expand
  8. Jan 10, 2015
    Mario Kart Wii is an absolute blast to play complete with fantastic new courses, the best cast of characters in the series, and superb multiplayer. The amount of controllers available to use in the game is astounding and the battle mode is as hectic and fun as ever! This is perhaps one of the most underrated games in the Mario Kart series and it's hard to see why.

Though the online

Though the online isn't functional at the time of this review, it was still fun while it lasted and I never had any lag or internet connection problems which is a rarity in most of the games I play. One of the downsides in the game is how much luck plays into your races. When racing on 150cc, you will be constantly bombarded by Blue Shells, POW Blocks, and the like. It can be really frustrating and may ruin the experience for some.

The game more than makes up for this in the quality of its courses. While some of the retro picks are questionable, the new courses are simply amazing. Standouts include Maple Treeway, Koopa Cape, Coconut Mall, DK Summit, Dry Dry Ruins, and Rainbow Road. The latter is an extremely tricky course and can be difficult to master.

Overall, Mario Kart Wii is an enjoyable experience with fantastic courses, multiplayer, and reparability but the items can be a bit too harsh and luck-oriented. Still, in my opinion, the game is better than its successor Mario Kart 7 and provides a fun family-friendly experience.
  9. Oct 29, 2015
    Mario Kart Wii, my favourite Mario Kart game is one of the Best Selling Games on the Wii. It is really fun and great. The graphics look amazing. The tracks are great in design. The Character Selection is the Best in the Series IMO. The Motion Controls are great. The Battle Mode is awesome. Online is jacked up but it doesn't count towards my final score (Mainly because there were SO MANYMario Kart Wii, my favourite Mario Kart game is one of the Best Selling Games on the Wii. It is really fun and great. The graphics look amazing. The tracks are great in design. The Character Selection is the Best in the Series IMO. The Motion Controls are great. The Battle Mode is awesome. Online is jacked up but it doesn't count towards my final score (Mainly because there were SO MANY HACKERS!) I had this game since around 2008, and since then, I have played a tremendous amount of it, and I still play it today. Mario Kart Wii is a very awesome game and if you hate it, you're BEYOND silly as JB. Expand
  10. Apr 24, 2015
    Mario kart Wii as Mario kart 8 is just fun to play. this is my favorite Wii Mario game next to about maybe 2 other games I say rent to buy this game. .
  11. Oct 23, 2013
    Without a doubt my favorite Mario Kart game just beating Double Dash, The music is great, the tracks are great and the items are great with the exception of the lightning cloud.
  12. Sep 20, 2010
    Online and offline multi-player; complete and utterly awesome. Offline single player; completely and utterly unfair. The biggest reason you should get this game is the online gameplay which is the most fun you will ever get on the Wii with the bonus of having more tracks, more karts and more racers. Going on the downside, single player can be fun most of the time but on the later cc's itOnline and offline multi-player; complete and utterly awesome. Offline single player; completely and utterly unfair. The biggest reason you should get this game is the online gameplay which is the most fun you will ever get on the Wii with the bonus of having more tracks, more karts and more racers. Going on the downside, single player can be fun most of the time but on the later cc's it is down right unfair with its ridiculous rubber band AI. Expand
  13. Mar 20, 2016
    This game is a free eking masterpiece the graphics hold up and I like better than mario kart 8's and it also had the best tracks and battle mode arenas
  14. Jan 6, 2016
    Mario Kart on the Wii is an absolutely fun game, and that is how it should be judged. With fun tracks, fun characters, fun power ups, it is a game to be played with fun people.
  15. Feb 23, 2015
    The first ever Mario Kart game I played and it was a blast playing it. Controls are simple and are easy to use, ( I use the nunchuck). I wish there was delay or something after you get hit with a shell because getting hit with shell after shell with no control is really frustrating.
  16. Mar 20, 2011
    i like this game and it can take a while to unlock all the vehicles and all the characters so you are always entertained... until you finally unlock everything, then there is not much to do on your own accept race but unless you are playing with friends this game can get boring if you are not working towards unlocking something. this game is an amzing game to play with friends and you willi like this game and it can take a while to unlock all the vehicles and all the characters so you are always entertained... until you finally unlock everything, then there is not much to do on your own accept race but unless you are playing with friends this game can get boring if you are not working towards unlocking something. this game is an amzing game to play with friends and you will be having so much fun when you are in first and you're hit with a blue shell then your friend zips by to take 1st place from you or when you do the exact same thing to your friend. this is a must buy for anyone who owns a wii and you will always have something to do with friends if you get bored of racing by yourself Expand
  17. Apr 1, 2014
    Mario Kart Wii is fun and exciting and another Wii game that is essential to buy. It has some really cool characters to play as like in other Mario Karts and the same can be said for the race tracks; my favorite tracks were "Toad's Factory", "DK Summit", "Koopa Cape", "Maple Treeway" and "Bowser's Castle". New to this game is the ability to play with the Wii Remote in the style of anMario Kart Wii is fun and exciting and another Wii game that is essential to buy. It has some really cool characters to play as like in other Mario Karts and the same can be said for the race tracks; my favorite tracks were "Toad's Factory", "DK Summit", "Koopa Cape", "Maple Treeway" and "Bowser's Castle". New to this game is the ability to play with the Wii Remote in the style of an actual car wheel with it's motion controls; I know some people didn't like that but I liked playing it that way and that was the way I used it the most. There are also other driving styles you could do like the Wii Remote with the Nunchuk, a GameCube controller and a Wii Classic Controller (I will warn you, I played the game with a Classic Controller, and the controls were actually not that great.) The Wi-Fi was also cool, I heard that some people didn't like it because they may have ran into some hackers, but I didn't and it was fairly enjoyable. Overall I really like Mario Kart Wii, I probably think that is one of the better Mario Kart games despite what some people say (some people really hate this game and I don't get that) and I would really recommend it. I still need to get Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart 7, those looks fun! I also look forward to getting Mario Kart 8 when that comes out and I get a Wii U; but for now Mario Kart Wii will tide me over. Expand
  18. May 13, 2015
    This game is SO AMAZING!! Best Mario Kart game of all time so far. The graphics are great for Wii. The controls are perfect. The character selection is the best in the series. There are lots of awesome tracks. You can even race as a mii. Mario Kart Wii is one of the best Wii games ever and I HIGHLY recommend it.
  19. Feb 3, 2014
    Mario Kart Wii is one of best wii games to date
    the first multplayer online mario kart game that i have played
    as well customize karts and bike as well
  20. Dec 3, 2015
    Mario Kart on the Wii is a great racing game for you and your friends and family to compete in. It's soooo much fun getting all the characters feels rewarding, also the online can be really competitive at times when you race people from around the world.
  21. Aug 23, 2010
    While I dislike Mario Kart Wii, I still respect it as a great racing game, but could have benefited from when previous Mario Kart games went right, namely character specific karts, items and the coin system from Super Mario Kart. While it seems to lack the soul of Mario Kart DS, it is solid multiplayer fun, and pretty good in single player too. Packed with tracks, characters and items- oneWhile I dislike Mario Kart Wii, I still respect it as a great racing game, but could have benefited from when previous Mario Kart games went right, namely character specific karts, items and the coin system from Super Mario Kart. While it seems to lack the soul of Mario Kart DS, it is solid multiplayer fun, and pretty good in single player too. Packed with tracks, characters and items- one good game Expand
  22. Dec 14, 2011
    Wow. Anyone who plays this game for the first time will definitely get hooked. The player becomes more engaged into this game, more controls and definitely better graphics. So many endless options to improve your racing skills in this one. I was literally speechless when I first played this game. Can't wait to try the 3DS Mario Kart 7.
  23. Dec 7, 2012
    This is a very good game overall, I'm glad you can use game cube for this game, or else I might have to use the somewhat finicky wii remote. The other part of the 9/10 that has taken away from the ten would be the four player multiplayer mode, which is really difficult to play, maybe a bit laggy even Overall, 9/10
  24. Jun 30, 2014
    Tons of tracks, karts and characters and a hell of a lot of fun both in multiplayer (although the single-player is fun too for a while). The battle mode was a let-down however when compared to previous Mario Karts.
  25. Jul 3, 2011
    The BEST Wii online game you could ever pick up. It's fairly smooth and the game offers pretty good controls for the Wii Wheel. The idea of 12 racers WAS a good concept. But this add-on was also one of the main reasons why this game doesn't deserve all ten. It left me really frustrated to get a 3-star License (3-Stars is the best you can get in the game). But overall, a simply enjoyableThe BEST Wii online game you could ever pick up. It's fairly smooth and the game offers pretty good controls for the Wii Wheel. The idea of 12 racers WAS a good concept. But this add-on was also one of the main reasons why this game doesn't deserve all ten. It left me really frustrated to get a 3-star License (3-Stars is the best you can get in the game). But overall, a simply enjoyable game for the family. Expand
  26. Oct 15, 2011
    mario kart wii is very special to me: it made me become hardcore, and was the first game that wasnt the first game i remember getting (mario 64 ds) that i thought... wow... my fav game of all time... of course there are better ones now, but at the time... well.... and not a fault... at all... 99%
  27. Sep 11, 2014
    An incredible fun racing game. It is really good in single player mode but with friends in multiplayer mode it is just awesome. There are some points which prevent a 10/10. Overall it is a bit to easy and in multiplayer mode the stats for all carts / bikes were not shown (Lead to some awful combinations). Overall a worthy Mario kart game. If you played one of the previous game you willAn incredible fun racing game. It is really good in single player mode but with friends in multiplayer mode it is just awesome. There are some points which prevent a 10/10. Overall it is a bit to easy and in multiplayer mode the stats for all carts / bikes were not shown (Lead to some awful combinations). Overall a worthy Mario kart game. If you played one of the previous game you will enjoy it except for the blue shell ;-). Expand
  28. Feb 12, 2015
    I enjoyed this game a lot, I still play it today to get more unlockables. I only have a few karts, a few bikes, Rosalina and Dry Bowser to get and then I'm done. :)
  29. Feb 20, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. ai esta, o melhor jogo de corrida da 7 geração, esse jogo é extremamente divertido pra jogar com a família, amigos e até mesmo online. o jogo além de ter as pistas do próprio mario kart wii, tem pistas de outros jogos da série, o que traz uma enorme nostalgia. o modo online desse game é muito bom, dando pra jogar até 2 jogadores online no mesmo console. o modo batalha dele foi o melhor modo de batalha que eu já vi em um mario kart. esse mario kart também tem o meu personagem favorito, o King Boo. ótimo game. Expand
  30. Oct 23, 2010
    I always loved the old mario kart games like 64 and double dash but this game is ten times better!! The extra courses are sweet and I love the balloon battles. The multiplayer is awesome too.
  31. May 25, 2013
    The Wii compared to my ps3 is not very good, with inferior graphics and not as many games my ps3 is what I stick with most of the time. So when there's a game on the Wii that's capable of pulling me off my PS3 it has to be good. Mario Kart is that game. Its a fun racer with great tracks and is one of the few games my family will play with me. Using the Wii remote to steer worksThe Wii compared to my ps3 is not very good, with inferior graphics and not as many games my ps3 is what I stick with most of the time. So when there's a game on the Wii that's capable of pulling me off my PS3 it has to be good. Mario Kart is that game. Its a fun racer with great tracks and is one of the few games my family will play with me. Using the Wii remote to steer works surprisingly well and the AI can give you a challenge when you put up the difficulty. The best part though is just how fun it is to play and you can't ask for more than that. Expand
  32. Dec 25, 2011
    This Mario Kart combines some of the best tracks from previous incarnations of the series along with some new tracks that will keep you coming back for more racing action over and over again. The online and multi-player experience is one of the best you will find in any game.
  33. sdc
    Apr 4, 2015
    Best... racing game.... EVER! Great graphics, tight controls, cool levels, and some salty gaming makes this a must have for players of all sorts, whether it be having fun in the single player campaigns, or getting drunk with your friends.
  34. Nov 13, 2011
    One word makes Mario Kart Wii stand out among all other Wii games: Multiplayer. The online in Mario Kart Wii in spot on. Leaderboards, Fast Matchmaking, Friend Matches, Mario Kart has it all, and to top it of there is no lag, even on the slowest of connections.
  35. Aug 19, 2015
    Mario Kart wii is truly an amazing game . Good selection of characters, Great tracks, good graphics, Many karts and bikes to choose from. One of the best games on the wii.
  36. Jun 19, 2013
    Mario Kart is a game that many people associated with memories, might even think of as nostalgic. It's got a great amount of unlockables, but not so many that you will spend years and years just trying to get them all, some of which are easy to obtain for people who aren't that skilled at driving games, but lots of hard-to-get ones for the pros. It's also a good game when you want to haveMario Kart is a game that many people associated with memories, might even think of as nostalgic. It's got a great amount of unlockables, but not so many that you will spend years and years just trying to get them all, some of which are easy to obtain for people who aren't that skilled at driving games, but lots of hard-to-get ones for the pros. It's also a good game when you want to have a less luck based version of coin tossing or drawing straws. It's frustrating enough to make us angry racing beasts, but not so frustrating that we give up on the game. It's a big salad of emotions, but it pretty much just boils down to happiness. The happiness of being able to conquer your friends and gain superiority over them. Heavily recommended if you have ever desired to CRUSH others. Expand
  37. May 12, 2016
    Divertido e bem completo. O jogo rende horas quase infinitas de diversão. Falta só um on line melhor. Mario Kart incrível e bem diversificado. O sistema de vacuo agrega bastante ao titulo.
  38. Jan 8, 2011
    Mario Kart is the best Mario spin-off there is. When I played this game, I just enjoyed it, from start to finish. Sure, there's a bit of luck involved, there's nothing like knocking off someone's top position at the last minute. Nothing like it. The gameplay is just really fun. Need I say more? Half of the game's tracks are new, but the other half are old tracks. Some might consider it aMario Kart is the best Mario spin-off there is. When I played this game, I just enjoyed it, from start to finish. Sure, there's a bit of luck involved, there's nothing like knocking off someone's top position at the last minute. Nothing like it. The gameplay is just really fun. Need I say more? Half of the game's tracks are new, but the other half are old tracks. Some might consider it a weakness. However, this is just what I wanted them to do. The old SNES and N64 tracks in modern graphics = awesome sauce. The game offers you multiple ways to play it and Nintendo have done the right thing. You can use the Wii Remote, equip it with a Wii Wheel, use the nuchuck, play with the classic controller or the best one: the Gamecube controller. The best part yet it the multiplayer. Watching you pwn your mates, there's nothing quite like it. The Mario Kart seriesis everything games should be: Fun, addictive, surprising, great fun in single and multiplayer mode. Just a shame Nintendo didn't push the series further. Expand
  39. Aug 19, 2014
    Really fun multiplayer game....of course, it's Mario Kart, that's sort of expected. However, although I love Mario Kart (despite the fact I can't drive for garbage) I do have some problems with it that are minor but they are annoyances. For example, the computers get TONS of "POW"s, blue shells, and are surprisingly accurate with green shells. Their AI is annoying especially when racing onReally fun multiplayer game....of course, it's Mario Kart, that's sort of expected. However, although I love Mario Kart (despite the fact I can't drive for garbage) I do have some problems with it that are minor but they are annoyances. For example, the computers get TONS of "POW"s, blue shells, and are surprisingly accurate with green shells. Their AI is annoying especially when racing on teams because they still push each other and the human player ends up dragging the rest of the computer team. Banana peels and boxes are not nearly as effective as they used to be and there's this new lightning cloud thing that should not be there at all as it's not helpful for the player, it's just devastating...

Still, these are all minor things. Most of the tracks are good. The controls are good, music is what I expect in a Mario Kart... it's all there and it's still fun. I'd just recommend trying to get more human players so there are less stupid computers at least when you play team racing. Good game, lots of fun.
  40. Feb 12, 2012
    The Wii revolutionized interaction with your game experience and this is one that will have you playing for hours upon hours. Mario Kart Wii wheel draws you into the game, it is difficult and will get you really upset after trying to get all stars for all courses but try try try again and don't give up so you can show off your stars to players online and enjoy the online experience withThe Wii revolutionized interaction with your game experience and this is one that will have you playing for hours upon hours. Mario Kart Wii wheel draws you into the game, it is difficult and will get you really upset after trying to get all stars for all courses but try try try again and don't give up so you can show off your stars to players online and enjoy the online experience with players around the world! classic one for the books. Expand
  41. Aug 26, 2010
    A very big inprovement from mario kart double dash, which was not a bad game at all but still it is better. Much more tracks then the previous game uncluding some old tracks from older games, more characters and motorbikes! This game comes with a wheel that you put your wii controler in and you use it to steer! I still much rather prefer the game cube controlers but thats just me. OnlineA very big inprovement from mario kart double dash, which was not a bad game at all but still it is better. Much more tracks then the previous game uncluding some old tracks from older games, more characters and motorbikes! This game comes with a wheel that you put your wii controler in and you use it to steer! I still much rather prefer the game cube controlers but thats just me. Online multiplayer is a great add on to the mario kart series where it tells you where your oponents are from then you vote for a track. There are some down sides to this game though too. Like the graphics, now mario kart has never really had great graphic but after how ever many games you would expect them to get some better graphics. Now don't get me wrong the graphics are good it's just i would like to see graphics that look like mario galaxy. and when finding a game online sometimes it can take more then 10 minutes! And i do not have a bad connection. Other wise this is one of the better racing games out there. I give it a 8.5 out of 10 Expand
  42. Jul 15, 2011
    This game is a great addition to the Mario Kart series. The environments and tracks are really fun and look great, there are tons of cars, bikes and tracks to race on, there are tons of unlockables, and the roster is great. There are a couple new items to mess other people up with, and the controls are great. the gameplay is fine, and it is easy to control. You can also go on WiFi and raceThis game is a great addition to the Mario Kart series. The environments and tracks are really fun and look great, there are tons of cars, bikes and tracks to race on, there are tons of unlockables, and the roster is great. There are a couple new items to mess other people up with, and the controls are great. the gameplay is fine, and it is easy to control. You can also go on WiFi and race people around the world. This game is really a 9.5, because it's just so awesome. Expand
  43. Sep 2, 2013
    Mario kart Wii is excellent. Believe me when i say that i have no problems with this game. Multiplayer was perfect, the online mode was even better, the battles are amazing and the VS Races can make you play for hours!
  44. Jun 5, 2014
    A wonderful installment of the Mario Kart games. It is SO much fun being able to turn an actual steering wheel that isn't plugged in or on a huge stand. I continued playing this game right up until Mario Kart 8 came out, not even a week ago. It's got so many fun things to unlock, and it never, ever gets old.
  45. Oct 19, 2010
    The Mario Kart series has always been amazing and this game is no different. The courses are great and the inclusion of bikes (motorcycles) was a great one. There are a few odd decisions for the new game, like how battling on teams is the only option. The game is getting a little to hectic and random, with the old items as well as Pow Block, Blooper, Lightning Cloud, Bullet Bill, and MegaThe Mario Kart series has always been amazing and this game is no different. The courses are great and the inclusion of bikes (motorcycles) was a great one. There are a few odd decisions for the new game, like how battling on teams is the only option. The game is getting a little to hectic and random, with the old items as well as Pow Block, Blooper, Lightning Cloud, Bullet Bill, and Mega Mushroom. The Wii controls work great but Nintendo switched the drifting system to make it a little too easy. Mario Kart Wii is a great game, especially online, and will keep you coming back again and again if the series is getting a little too easy. Expand
  46. Aug 26, 2015
    This is one of the best Mario Karts ever! The graphics are awesome, the music is addictive, the tracks are some of the best ever made, and the characters and karts are really good. I love this game! Every track is exciting and fun and just plain awesome! Multiplayer makes the expierience even better! This game is so fun, alone or with family and friends! Well, this shouldn't be consideredThis is one of the best Mario Karts ever! The graphics are awesome, the music is addictive, the tracks are some of the best ever made, and the characters and karts are really good. I love this game! Every track is exciting and fun and just plain awesome! Multiplayer makes the expierience even better! This game is so fun, alone or with family and friends! Well, this shouldn't be considered a game, this is a journey. A journey through complete awesomeness! Mario Kart will never cease to amaze! Mario Kart Wii is an absolute blast! Expand
  47. May 3, 2013
    Mario Kart Wii is really fun. There are over 30 courses and you can race as your own Mii which I really liked. I liked playing people over the internet and the shortcuts are fun to find. There are lots of good characters to choose from. I like racing as Luigi on his motorbike. Some people think Dry Bowser and Rosalina are the best characters. What I find annoying when I go on Worldwide areMario Kart Wii is really fun. There are over 30 courses and you can race as your own Mii which I really liked. I liked playing people over the internet and the shortcuts are fun to find. There are lots of good characters to choose from. I like racing as Luigi on his motorbike. Some people think Dry Bowser and Rosalina are the best characters. What I find annoying when I go on Worldwide are people that use cheats in the game to try and win the race or battle. Still this game is awesome. Expand
  48. Nov 8, 2015
    Good game, although vehicles are a complete letdown
    Graphics are also pretty disappointing, although retro courses and good online make up for some flaws.
  49. Nov 7, 2013
    What to say....I love this game...This game is absolutely perfect...I grew up around Mario Kart around the Gamecube decade of it and started off from the SNES version up to the 3DS. Super fun gameplay and awesome characters. The controls are...well kinda easy. The items...woo...the items are sure kinda annoying...but fun...the only reason why I gave this a 10 is because of the fun hacks,What to say....I love this game...This game is absolutely perfect...I grew up around Mario Kart around the Gamecube decade of it and started off from the SNES version up to the 3DS. Super fun gameplay and awesome characters. The controls are...well kinda easy. The items...woo...the items are sure kinda annoying...but fun...the only reason why I gave this a 10 is because of the fun hacks, texture hacks, character hacks, item hacks, course hacks, cup hacks, and other kinds of hacks...but yeah, this game is fun. Expand
  50. Oct 16, 2014
    Only reason that I do not give a full 10 for this is because of some super appealing items.Let me explain better:A Whole lot of times your in 1st position, and then you get hit 3 or 4 times and fall all the way to last place.Other then that, this game is fine.
  51. Nov 22, 2013
    Mario Kart Wii is a little better than average at a racing game. The courses are amazing with good music! But after you unlock everything,(Rosalina the game gets kinda boring, making my score an 8 for this game. Other great games for the Wii however, include Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Party 9 (Mario Party 8 doesn't have many good minigames), Mario SportsMario Kart Wii is a little better than average at a racing game. The courses are amazing with good music! But after you unlock everything,(Rosalina the game gets kinda boring, making my score an 8 for this game. Other great games for the Wii however, include Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Party 9 (Mario Party 8 doesn't have many good minigames), Mario Sports Mix, and Mario Power Tennis. Expand
  52. Jul 24, 2016
    Mario Kart Wii takes what your typical car game has, but makes it bigger, better and funner than your typical car game. Mario knows how to take boring games and make them fun and he does it again in this amazing video game.
  53. Jan 6, 2014
    Addicting and fun. Super frustrating, but in a good way. I would often spend hours and hours playing this game. Best racing game out there, definitely.
  54. Nov 12, 2015
    jogo incrível, simplesmente o melhor jogo de corrida da 7 geração de consoles. o game tem tudo, pistas criativas, pistas que trás nostalgia, ótima trilha sonora, ótimo modo online, melhor modo de batalha que eu já vi em um mario kart. amei o jogo, MEUS PARABÉNS NINTENDO.
  55. Dec 17, 2012
    Honestly, this game is pretty good, but not amazing. The bikes are definitely neat (anyone who says they're a gimmick is being a purist who is scared of change), the graphics are beautiful for the Wii, and the sound as a whole is very pleasing. I also think the character list is the best in the series so far with its sheer size and variety. Single player is almost as deep as the DSHonestly, this game is pretty good, but not amazing. The bikes are definitely neat (anyone who says they're a gimmick is being a purist who is scared of change), the graphics are beautiful for the Wii, and the sound as a whole is very pleasing. I also think the character list is the best in the series so far with its sheer size and variety. Single player is almost as deep as the DS version; the only little problem I saw was that I had to go online to access the challenges instead of them being there at the start of the game, like the missions in DS. Multiplayer is very fun locally, with a nice amount of customization for your own way to play. Online is a definite improvement with the only drawback being the hackers and the way VR was calculated, otherwise it is very good. Battle mode is okay with 10 tracks, but the forced team battle was head-scratching, along with the Blue Shell making an appearance (that's not necessary). The tracks are pretty cool and creative with some interesting obstacles, I just felt some tracks were a bit over-laden with hazards (like Bowser's Castle), but were mostly full of nice design. The Wii wheel is not a gimmick either, but it does have a learning curve in which you need to hold it right for it to work. And the controls, as a whole, are responsive and fluid with no big sign of unplayability. The huge annoyance that everyone says about this game is, of course, the rubber-banding races as a result of the crazy items. The new items do sound cool, but that coupled with 12 racers on the track make the game way too reliant on items and luck, and little is based on skill. In single player racing this isn't so bad because at least the AI is not very good at driving (believe me, it is very easy), but in multiplayer this can be very frustrating for those that really want to win. If you can fight through this, it really isn't a deal-breaker that kills the experience, but it can be a real screw-over in some instances. In my opinion, it's too flawed to be considered the best Mario kart game, but it's not awful enough that it's the worst/least good version either. An 8.4/10 from me, and I do feel that only a die-hard would give this game anything higher than a 9, and only someone who focuses mostly on the negatives would ever score this lower than a 6. In the end, a solid game. Expand
  56. Jan 21, 2012
    The Mario Kart series do something very curious which is they seem to get progressively better with each game. The only reason to play the older games is to play old courses I liked. Lots to unlock on this game but eventually it becomes boring. I only use it to play online now and online is hacked and glitched to pieces. Still fun to play online with friends though, if you have theirThe Mario Kart series do something very curious which is they seem to get progressively better with each game. The only reason to play the older games is to play old courses I liked. Lots to unlock on this game but eventually it becomes boring. I only use it to play online now and online is hacked and glitched to pieces. Still fun to play online with friends though, if you have their friend code. Play with a Wiimote and Numchuk though, as the new Wii Wheel controls suck. Expand
  57. May 5, 2016
    Mario Kart Wii is a great game, and one that remains a brilliant multiplayer experience even eight years on. There are interesting dynamics throughout many of the courses, such as cows that stumble onto the track and meteors that hail down from volcanoes, and each one adds something unique. While the online has sadly been shut down, it continues to provide plenty of entertainment locallyMario Kart Wii is a great game, and one that remains a brilliant multiplayer experience even eight years on. There are interesting dynamics throughout many of the courses, such as cows that stumble onto the track and meteors that hail down from volcanoes, and each one adds something unique. While the online has sadly been shut down, it continues to provide plenty of entertainment locally between four friends. The balance between items is well done and even if you feel it isn't, there are always options to turn them off or increase them to "frantic". The battle mode is good in its own right, with solid arena courses are character options. This was a real stand out title for the Wii and still holds up today. Expand
  58. Aug 29, 2011
    i love this game. it is so much fun. i always win! I have mirror mode. I got it in about 6 months. It just so so fun to play. 262 reviews have a 7 or more. That's great!
  59. May 5, 2012
    The reason why Mario kart wii is so awesome is because of all the variety in the game. Mario Kart Wii is can last you a few days, or a few years! Depending on how you like the core gameplay in general. This kart has just so much variety, you can spend a whole afternoon just messing with the characters. If you don`t have this game yet, be sure to pick it up
  60. Feb 1, 2014
    Mario Kart Wii is a Kart Racer game and is the best Mario Kart game. There's a lot of character and tracks to unlock. Half of the tracks is remakes of past Mario Kart games and other are originals. The music good. Character rosters is good, well expect the baby characters. You could eventually unlock your mii. Play online is very fun. But once I unlock everything the game slows down. ButMario Kart Wii is a Kart Racer game and is the best Mario Kart game. There's a lot of character and tracks to unlock. Half of the tracks is remakes of past Mario Kart games and other are originals. The music good. Character rosters is good, well expect the baby characters. You could eventually unlock your mii. Play online is very fun. But once I unlock everything the game slows down. But that's what online for. Well there's aren't a lot to be said about Mario Kart. Is straight forward. Get it if you have a Wii. It will worth it. Expand
  61. Feb 27, 2014
    Tons of fun and I have played it for years. Its great to play by yourself and with your friends with great gameplay and amount of skill this has kept Mario Kart's amazing reputation going. This time with great working Wi-Fi capabilities, smooth online gameplay and brilliant motion controls. My only problem is that it gets repetitive and after a while it can get rage inducing. But still youTons of fun and I have played it for years. Its great to play by yourself and with your friends with great gameplay and amount of skill this has kept Mario Kart's amazing reputation going. This time with great working Wi-Fi capabilities, smooth online gameplay and brilliant motion controls. My only problem is that it gets repetitive and after a while it can get rage inducing. But still you can't get over 4 player split screen Mario Kart with new and all your favorite old stages. Expand
  62. Jun 10, 2011
    This is the best Mario Kart Yet, from amazing tracks to amazing gameplay, to the bullet bills that can help you when youre doing bad, to the blue shells that knock me out of first a lot where it provides a challenge for me to get back into first, to the many fun gameplay modes in multiplayer, especially 3-4 players, is really fun. Its really fun to play with friendss. Its the best MarioThis is the best Mario Kart Yet, from amazing tracks to amazing gameplay, to the bullet bills that can help you when youre doing bad, to the blue shells that knock me out of first a lot where it provides a challenge for me to get back into first, to the many fun gameplay modes in multiplayer, especially 3-4 players, is really fun. Its really fun to play with friendss. Its the best Mario Kart yet, and unlike some people believe, even though there are items that can help you, this game does take some skill Expand
  63. Jan 9, 2014
    the only reason i rated this a nine, is because the computers above 50-CC are frustratingly hard to pass up. could you make it any harder? otherwise, this game rocks the world! it was the second Mario kart game to feature customizable karts and choices, and the 1st in the series to feature bikes. what can't you love about this game? well, probably the unstable FPS playing 2P on-line andthe only reason i rated this a nine, is because the computers above 50-CC are frustratingly hard to pass up. could you make it any harder? otherwise, this game rocks the world! it was the second Mario kart game to feature customizable karts and choices, and the 1st in the series to feature bikes. what can't you love about this game? well, probably the unstable FPS playing 2P on-line and more than 2 players offline. at that, I'm rating this an 8. other than that, there really isn't much to hate about this game. it offered a lot of depth throughout! racing games aren't about a story (F-Zero GX/AX excluded). and again, it is the first game to have 12 players total, computer, or on-line. Expand
  64. Feb 16, 2012
    Actually ,this game is interesting !!! I did with my friend and we could get along with her very much! There are many kinds of character s in this game and I chose yoshi and it was very cute!
  65. Aug 6, 2013
    A very solid entry in the Mario Kart franchise! There are many amazing new tracks to drive on, and a lot of great remade tracks as well. and this title introduces bike races which adds more variety.

The downside of this title is that the items are more unbalanced than ever before. The obnoxiousness ever so high, especially with the menacing blue shell which seems to wait till you're close to the finish line. In some cases you will be hit with blue shells 4 times in one race! But that's Mario Kart for ya!

There are a lot of OP elements in Mario Kart Wii, such as certain characters on the ninja-styled mach bikes, which seems to be everyones' go-to setup in multiplayer, but that does not break the game.

The online experience is great while the online lobbies and setup are annoying, but once in a race it's fun to race real people. Be ready for some aggravation, this Mario Kart will have you cheering one moment nad throwing your controller the next!
  66. Aug 13, 2013
    This game is and many other Nintendo games are reasons the Wii is a great console. This game has great multiplayer, single players karts and motor bikes and many ways to have fun. This game has addcting gameplay while sometimes frustrating, at least to be the frustration of getting hit by a blue shell only adds to the incentive to keep playing. Because you wanna get your damn revenge onThis game is and many other Nintendo games are reasons the Wii is a great console. This game has great multiplayer, single players karts and motor bikes and many ways to have fun. This game has addcting gameplay while sometimes frustrating, at least to be the frustration of getting hit by a blue shell only adds to the incentive to keep playing. Because you wanna get your damn revenge on the noob who hit you. (which is probably me cause I get hit by f'ing everything) Expand
  67. Jan 10, 2015
    It appears that most of the games I own on my Wii have gotten a bit boring, but Mario Kart Wii, even after 6 years, still has not. The system that controls items is wonderful, giving more powerful items to those at the back but less powerful items to those at the front, making sure that the players at the back still have a chance. Races are fast, even though they don't feel very fast, someIt appears that most of the games I own on my Wii have gotten a bit boring, but Mario Kart Wii, even after 6 years, still has not. The system that controls items is wonderful, giving more powerful items to those at the back but less powerful items to those at the front, making sure that the players at the back still have a chance. Races are fast, even though they don't feel very fast, some of those 32 tracks do really put you on the edge with those obstacles. With 16 of those tracks from older Mario Kart releases you can see what the game was like previously, but there are still 16 new tracks that are magnificent. There's so much to unlock in this game that it takes, well, a very long time to unlock everything. 6 years and still there's one more character and a few more vehicles I have to unlock. Well designed, and fun for everyone. Expand
  68. Nov 14, 2015
    Let me just say this word *CHILDHOOD* It never gets boring to pick up the wheel and race tracks are amazing online was fantastic some pepole say its all up to luck but thats becuse there karts or bikes were not fast enough play as funky kong on the areo glider youl never lose skill is required to win the haredest races theres only to things wrong whith the game vut im still giveing ten 1Let me just say this word *CHILDHOOD* It never gets boring to pick up the wheel and race tracks are amazing online was fantastic some pepole say its all up to luck but thats becuse there karts or bikes were not fast enough play as funky kong on the areo glider youl never lose skill is required to win the haredest races theres only to things wrong whith the game vut im still giveing ten 1 its destroys frendships 2THAT BLUE SHELLL Expand
  69. May 3, 2016
    The best Mario Kart game I've played that's in the series! A little disappointing how hard and how difficult it is to unlock the uncommon characters such as Dry Bowser, Funky Kong, and Mii Outfit B. The courses they came up with were so fresh and original. I also liked the courses picked from past Mario games, some can be a little bit boring.
  70. Aug 13, 2011
    One of the best reasons to hang on to your Wii that may or may not be getting much use currently. Following the tradition of the Mario Kart series from its humble beginnings on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo delivers another stellar entry. If you've ever played Mario Kart before you will be right at home, and if you haven't, this is the perfect place to start, and aOne of the best reasons to hang on to your Wii that may or may not be getting much use currently. Following the tradition of the Mario Kart series from its humble beginnings on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo delivers another stellar entry. If you've ever played Mario Kart before you will be right at home, and if you haven't, this is the perfect place to start, and a lot more forgiving than the portable games â Expand
  71. May 17, 2011
    I agree completely with the AceGamerz review of this game. It charmed me, it was 2008's best game ever. Go buy it! Quick, before stores run out!!! I bought it the year it came out, again, it charmed me!!!
  72. Aug 29, 2013
    Mario Kart Wii isn't the best Mario Kart game, but it sure is close. The wii is the perfect console to have a racing game due to the motion controls and Mario KArt Wii takes full advantage of it. Due to the layout of the wii remote, the controls feel perfect. Granted, you can find more immersive racers out there, but the motion controls due make Mario Kart very immersive. There areMario Kart Wii isn't the best Mario Kart game, but it sure is close. The wii is the perfect console to have a racing game due to the motion controls and Mario KArt Wii takes full advantage of it. Due to the layout of the wii remote, the controls feel perfect. Granted, you can find more immersive racers out there, but the motion controls due make Mario Kart very immersive. There are more characters in this Mario Kart game then any preceding Mario Kart, in fact it's almost overwhelming. There are more ways to unlock characters now besides winning the grand prix, such as time trials. The courses are some of the best in the series. Highlights include Koopa Cape, Moonview Highway, and one of the best iterations of Rainbow Road. Battle mode is back and is pretty fun. Online play has been improved upon since Mario Kart DS. WIth all this stuff in the game, it's a shock that nearly all of it is flawless. The exception to this is 150cc races. In the 150cc races, the AI cheats big time. The AI will zoom ahead at random points at an absurd speed. This can get ver frustrating. Another problem is the change in local multiplayer. In the last console Mario Kart, Double Dash during local multiplayer the only characters on the course were the players. In Mario Kart Wii however, computers will join in on the races making the local multiplayer less fun. Overall, Mario Kart Wii may not be the best, but it is fun nonetheless. Expand
  73. RJV
    Sep 25, 2011
    Mario Kart Wii is very well made. The Wii's motion control is, in a rare case, used to perfection. The handling is great, the buttons feel natural, and with a Wii Wheel it feels right. Also, if you have played, the DS version for example, you notice that the old style of staying in a straight line for as long as possible for maximum efficiency has been scrapped, and now is more about notMario Kart Wii is very well made. The Wii's motion control is, in a rare case, used to perfection. The handling is great, the buttons feel natural, and with a Wii Wheel it feels right. Also, if you have played, the DS version for example, you notice that the old style of staying in a straight line for as long as possible for maximum efficiency has been scrapped, and now is more about not hitting the more numerous obstacles. you have ever in the slightest liked another Mario Kart game, then this is better. This being the sixth in the series, it is obvious that Nintendo has definitely got it right this time, with new moves, such as shaking the Wii Wheel while doing a jump to get a boost when you land, and a new power-up or two, it won't make you say "same old game". The new courses are great, and the retro ones are also great choices. When you first start playing the 50cc Grand Prix, even as a rookie, if this is your first time for Mario Kart, it is really easy, and trains you well. The easiness quickly vanishes as you get to 150cc though. Incredibly hard, Incredibly frustrating, yet still incredibly rewarding once completed. Online multiplayer is great, and with more characters and karts than ever, if you have a Wii, get the game. If you don't have a Wii, consider getting one for this game alone. Collapse
  74. Nov 28, 2013
    Three words: It's about time. Sorry if it offends anyone, but I didn't like Mario Kart DS. It was too clunky. But then this game took it all back to the way it used to be. The courses are great, the karts are unique, and the graphics are AMAZING. Seriously, once you see your favorite characters on that screen, you never look at them the same way again. The trick element was godly. IThree words: It's about time. Sorry if it offends anyone, but I didn't like Mario Kart DS. It was too clunky. But then this game took it all back to the way it used to be. The courses are great, the karts are unique, and the graphics are AMAZING. Seriously, once you see your favorite characters on that screen, you never look at them the same way again. The trick element was godly. I find myself replaying tracks just to see what kind of tricks I could do. Once I even did a double corkscrew frontflp. I paused the screen in midair just to look at it. Anyway, back to the review. There are a lot of luck based instances, including the murderous Spiny Shell, but that doesn't ruin the game by any means. It's a package of racing that will keep you coming back for years to come. Simply sublime. 10/10 Expand
  75. Dec 13, 2014
    I played so much i think that's the reason my wii couldn't read disk. I had really good times playing this game with my friend online and anyone who had a wii had it.
  76. Sep 22, 2010
    Now to begin with. this game is pretty hard. if you think it is too easy try to play with the woi wheel. with your foot. eyes closed. now i need to say this game is not for hardcore gamers. but i need to say this game is fun as hell so that is why this game deservers 10/10. so other revievers remember the time games were fun? not all graphic this? **** gameplay that? remember when theNow to begin with. this game is pretty hard. if you think it is too easy try to play with the woi wheel. with your foot. eyes closed. now i need to say this game is not for hardcore gamers. but i need to say this game is fun as hell so that is why this game deservers 10/10. so other revievers remember the time games were fun? not all graphic this? **** gameplay that? remember when the meaning of games was to entertain us? not make us scream in mic like nowdays? but enough of that go back to MW2 Expand
  77. Jul 16, 2011
    This is my favorite Wii game. At first, it was very fun to work to try to unlock all of the hidden things - but even since I've done that, I find myself always wanting to play it when I feel like using my Wii. There is a good deal of luck involved in your performance from race to race, but I think that keeps it challenging ... plus, it's like life; even if you do everything right,This is my favorite Wii game. At first, it was very fun to work to try to unlock all of the hidden things - but even since I've done that, I find myself always wanting to play it when I feel like using my Wii. There is a good deal of luck involved in your performance from race to race, but I think that keeps it challenging ... plus, it's like life; even if you do everything right, sometimes you're in the wrong place at the wrong time. Expand
  78. Aug 9, 2015
    Ok, let me say something, this game (if im not wrong) its the best Mario Kart title ever created, this title would be hard to beat in my opinion, this game had the most enjoyable Wi-Fi Connection servers and the items made this game much enjoyable, it had great twists on the races, making you to lose or to win depending of the circumstances and the AI acted like a real player...

But,

But, why a 9 then?. Actually, this game was ruined by hackers that played on the Wi-Fi Connection game mode, one example of what im saying is that the hacker could win the race without completing the 3 laps, also, they could change their points to make you lose even 500 points. In time trials, some completed the course in less than 1 second (something that is already impossible) and the effort that you put in the time trials was in vain, some people didn't hacked the game, but they achieved a record of 30 seconds in a course, how?. Its simple, the game had to much glitches that helped that players to achieve their record and the glitches were in many tracks...

But, what i said before doesn't ruin Mario Kart Wii totally to rate it like a 0 or something like that... For me, the best game of the Wii ever
  79. Jun 14, 2016
    This game is absolutely amazing and i enjoyed it a lot. The graphics for 2008 are really good and the tracks are colorful and creative. The thing that i didn't like about it is that this game is SO hard. The ranking is really unfair and to get 3 stars you don't only need to be 1st at all tracks, but you have to avoid items that can harm you, you should not fall even once in to a gap andThis game is absolutely amazing and i enjoyed it a lot. The graphics for 2008 are really good and the tracks are colorful and creative. The thing that i didn't like about it is that this game is SO hard. The ranking is really unfair and to get 3 stars you don't only need to be 1st at all tracks, but you have to avoid items that can harm you, you should not fall even once in to a gap and not bump into a wall. In addition the 150cc is extremly hard and the balance of the items if awful. For example i was ready to finish first and then suddenly thunder, blueshell and 3 red shells. That is just sick and punishing. But i can say that it is a really good game and i recommend it to anyone. Expand
  80. Dec 19, 2010
    Probably the best racing games of all time! It's fun, it's fast and it's for the Wii! It puts games like need for speed to shame. Why is that you may ask? Because Mario Kart Wii has something other games wish they had! Skill! That's right, this game actually requires skill to play. Unlike those other crappy racing games that you'll see 40 year olds playing in their mother's basements.Probably the best racing games of all time! It's fun, it's fast and it's for the Wii! It puts games like need for speed to shame. Why is that you may ask? Because Mario Kart Wii has something other games wish they had! Skill! That's right, this game actually requires skill to play. Unlike those other crappy racing games that you'll see 40 year olds playing in their mother's basements. This game is for all ages and is exciting to play! not to mention how great the graphics are! Mario Kart Wii has the best online as well! It's really a great game and is a MUST GET! Expand
  81. Feb 22, 2012
    Does this game really deserve a 10? Some people don't think so, and that's their opinion. Mine on the other hand is a little bit different. This game is amazing!!!!! When I was little I played Mario Cart on the N64 all the time! This game not only brought back what I loved from the N64 version, but added so many new aspects that I truly enjoy! The online is great, all of the bikes andDoes this game really deserve a 10? Some people don't think so, and that's their opinion. Mine on the other hand is a little bit different. This game is amazing!!!!! When I was little I played Mario Cart on the N64 all the time! This game not only brought back what I loved from the N64 version, but added so many new aspects that I truly enjoy! The online is great, all of the bikes and karts are fun to use, and this game is really fun to play with friends and family. Many people complain about the computer cheating on the game, and it does to a certain extent. However, isn't that like almost every other racing game? I think so, and I have played plenty of racing games. The computer isn't unbeatable anyways!!! You just need to race smart, and you will win!!! Love this game, go buy it!!! Expand
  82. Aug 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Man, this game is a total package! Over 20 playable Mario characters, over 30 tracks, over 15 karts and bikes! The princesses got a athletic outfit, when they're using bikes! But the best character addition is Rosalina. We finally got a great playable character besides all of these stupid Mario enemies! The only thing that sucks is the team V.S. mode because the item rules are pretty unbalanced. But overall, MKW is the best Mario spin-off EVER! Expand
  83. Nov 22, 2013
    Nobody are bigger fans of Nintendo Game Legends and five years ago when this came out it was a dream come true. I live every thing about his game the graphics, the characters and the entertainment this game is great.
  84. Jul 16, 2016
    MKWII is the best game in the series, it has a crud ton of stuff that other games don't have like weelies, different kinds of tricks, and a lot of shotcuts and glitches to keep it fun!
  85. Aug 12, 2012
    If anyone ever tells you Mario Kart doesn't change enough tell them their argument is invalid because clearly they haven't looked at the tracks. Many have the same themes: water, desert, normal grass, sky, castle, etc.. Mario Kart Wii has that plus a mall level, a tree level, and also updated levels from previous Mario Kart iterations. Also, anyone who complains about how unresponsive theIf anyone ever tells you Mario Kart doesn't change enough tell them their argument is invalid because clearly they haven't looked at the tracks. Many have the same themes: water, desert, normal grass, sky, castle, etc.. Mario Kart Wii has that plus a mall level, a tree level, and also updated levels from previous Mario Kart iterations. Also, anyone who complains about how unresponsive the Wii's motion controls are needs to play this game. I would venture as far as to say that this is better than playing with an analogue stick and much better than a d-pad. If you have a Wii this is a must-have. Expand
  86. Jul 12, 2011
    This game isn't as good as the DS one, but this version has great graphics, fun tracks and a fairly decent character line-up. The online play is very fun, and shows everyone what the Wii is capable of. But somethings can get a bit on your nerves. Like the fact that Blue Shells can ruin your chances of doing half decent or how a non-skilled player with a Bullet Bill can skip right to theThis game isn't as good as the DS one, but this version has great graphics, fun tracks and a fairly decent character line-up. The online play is very fun, and shows everyone what the Wii is capable of. But somethings can get a bit on your nerves. Like the fact that Blue Shells can ruin your chances of doing half decent or how a non-skilled player with a Bullet Bill can skip right to the front. And the line-up could have received a bigger variety of characters, maybe from other first party games, instead of Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, etc. Still, it's a very good game and I think it deserves a score of 8 out of 10. Expand
  87. Nov 9, 2011
    Im not that much of a fan for Mario but this game is pretty good for a certain audience.
    It started to become repetitive after I've done almost everything in the game.
  88. Jan 19, 2013
    Mario Kart Wii is a game that gets a lot of flack for its Tough as Nails AI rubberbanding. But this in no way breaks the game. Since the SNES edition, Super Mario Kart, there has always been a brutal Comeback run by the Game's AI that makes finishing a 150cc Race a great challenge. But if you can look past this, you'll find a solid Racing game. Right off the bat, Nintendo had added aMario Kart Wii is a game that gets a lot of flack for its Tough as Nails AI rubberbanding. But this in no way breaks the game. Since the SNES edition, Super Mario Kart, there has always been a brutal Comeback run by the Game's AI that makes finishing a 150cc Race a great challenge. But if you can look past this, you'll find a solid Racing game. Right off the bat, Nintendo had added a Steering wheel peripheral, that, while unneccessary, can help to simulate a real steering wheel with almost precise 1:1 steering motion. It controls very well, and after getting the hang of it, can help you race with friends,AI, or people online almost as if you were using a regular button controller. Along with this, Mario Kart Wii has some of the best controls so far in the Franchise, as Drifting, Item usage, and steering all work like a Dream. With the addition of Motorcycles, Nintendo adds a new layer of strategy to the game, causing the player to decide between the Wheelie boosts a Bike can use, or the powerful Double Boosts a regular Kart can use. The game also uses "Tricks", where pushing anywhere on the D-Pad on a regular GC or Classic controller will give you a brief speed boost upon landing from a jump, or shaking the Wii-mote/Wheel if using it. Aside from the controls, Mario Kart Wii has a solid list of Characters, Stages, and Vehicles to choose from, all adding combination possibilites for players wishing to experience Heavy and Light Class Racing. The stages on its own can range from spectacular to Mediocre at times, but the Retro courses that are also included also add a nice layer of Nostalgia to Races. Splitscreen Racing and Battle Mode with friends is as fun as its always been, although sometimes the Divisions can make the screen very small for some people. Online can be a drag, because many Hackers and griefers like to mess up peoples fun, but if you look past it, you'll find a solid racing experience. Expand
  89. Apr 18, 2016
    the best game in the series but the TC pisses me off. im okay with everything else because all of it is fun. I really like this game and i wish you would play it. I only gave it a 9 out of 10 because of the TC.
  90. Jan 31, 2011
    This is a fun, all around family game. Definitely for all ages. You can be anyone from the Nintendo games with many weapons, power-ups, and Cart designs. The multiplayer mode makes it a keeper. Do not rent this game! You will be playing it for hours. The only downers are: Too many un-lockables and they are very hard to get unlocked.
  91. Aug 19, 2012
    Love this game!!!!! Its heaps fun, love the bikes, the variety of characters, online (though not many people on as much), and its an easy game to play, quite difficult to master!
  92. Dec 15, 2012
    Mario Kart Wii is a extremely fun game, and, for the record, the first game i beat 100 %. Some people may argue that "there's too little skill involved", but after all, that's not what the game is about, it's about trolling your friends, and if you take everything seriously, why do you own a wii to begin with? For me the game doesn't get a perfect score because of minor control issues, andMario Kart Wii is a extremely fun game, and, for the record, the first game i beat 100 %. Some people may argue that "there's too little skill involved", but after all, that's not what the game is about, it's about trolling your friends, and if you take everything seriously, why do you own a wii to begin with? For me the game doesn't get a perfect score because of minor control issues, and the blue shells, which do not benefit the user in any way, and therefore, are just annoying. Expand
  93. Nick
    Apr 15, 2008
    Really good fun - takes a while to get used to but the new tracks are great and I actually find the bikes even more fun than Karts.
  94. FH
    Apr 30, 2008
    Mario Kart is one of my most fave games for wii! It is so realistic and you feel as if you are really driving the kart. The motor bikes are fab and the new circuits are great. There are loads of thing to do on it. I absolutely love the WFC mode and i could stay on this game for days. This game is a must have for anyone who owns a wii!
  95. FredE.
    May 5, 2008
    Excellent Game, Online Play with Friends is FUN :)
  96. CallumM
    May 7, 2008
    I am a fan of most Nintendo products and mario kart Wii being one of the better games. As if you use the Wii wheel it add some more realism into the game instead of using the joy stick. And it is a game you can play with most age groups. and i like how in incorporates most of the courses from the older games. this is a must have game for Wii gamers.
  97. cycodamo
    Aug 3, 2008
    Simply the best game I've played on the Wii so far. At first I thought it was a bit too easy and kind of a stripped down Mario Kart to appeal to a wider audience, but in fact it retains all of its challenge and unrelenting fun from previous iterations - finding the perfect line to powerslide around a corner before hitting a jump and executing a trick to try and catch up or leave the Simply the best game I've played on the Wii so far. At first I thought it was a bit too easy and kind of a stripped down Mario Kart to appeal to a wider audience, but in fact it retains all of its challenge and unrelenting fun from previous iterations - finding the perfect line to powerslide around a corner before hitting a jump and executing a trick to try and catch up or leave the rest behind is terrific fun. Single player is a great challenge, and people who complain about being taken out by items obviously haven't been paying attention - that's what Mario Kart is all about! Besides, if you're good enough you can avoid them (ie don't stay in the middle of the road, you know that's where Bullet Bill travels). Online is where the game really shows off: it's completely lag free and there's nearly always a maximum 11 opponents to race against. You will quite easily race 50 times in a row without realising how much time you've spent online in this game - it's just so damn addicting and fun. Lastly, the wheel device is marvellously realised, very accurate and does increase your enjoyment of the game. Can't say enough good things about Mario Kart Wii, 10/10. Expand
  98. RockBand
    Mar 27, 2008
    Is an amazing racing game!~
  99. rogerw.
    Apr 11, 2008
    got it and its great! so fun. only problems have been that there doesnt seem to be normal, free for all battle mode, only teams! wat?! And i think everyone should have to use the wheel coz its the most fun and then it wud b fair. Apart from this its spot on mario kart action and easily best online game I've played and I have a 360 and find online pretty drab on that. I hope I'm got it and its great! so fun. only problems have been that there doesnt seem to be normal, free for all battle mode, only teams! wat?! And i think everyone should have to use the wheel coz its the most fun and then it wud b fair. Apart from this its spot on mario kart action and easily best online game I've played and I have a 360 and find online pretty drab on that. I hope I'm wrong about battle mode cause that would be so much better as it used to be. Expand
  100. LeighW.
    Apr 13, 2008
    Are you crazy! This racer is well better then any of other games on wii. i cant believe you would give it such low score. Loads of modes and loads new & old characters make a appearance, not only that but cars & brand new rides like the bikes, the replay value is through the roof in my opinion its the best racer and best online for wii todate. this deserves to be in your collection, there Are you crazy! This racer is well better then any of other games on wii. i cant believe you would give it such low score. Loads of modes and loads new & old characters make a appearance, not only that but cars & brand new rides like the bikes, the replay value is through the roof in my opinion its the best racer and best online for wii todate. this deserves to be in your collection, there is depth to its crazy style, and if you give it time you will find you will never wanna leave mushroom kingdom ever again. this is top rater, if you buy any game this year it should be this. 9.4% FACT! Expand
  101. RJV
    Sep 25, 2011

#2 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#6 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. Nintendo Power
    With more features, modes and multiplayer options than ever before, fans should be revved up to get behind the wheel. [May 2008, p.86]
  2. Edge Magazine
    Having sacrificed racing integrity in "Double Dash" to side with social silliness, Nintendo has turned 180 degrees into an awkward halfway house. [May 2008, p.86]
  3. Then there is the Wii Wheel peripheral itself, which if you did not already know is just a plastic housing for the Wiimote. I have to admit though it is a well made bit of plastic, and is not only smarter looking than the uninspired Wii Zapper, but also more ergonomic to hold. Unexpectedly it is very easy to use.