8.6

1. May 21, 2017
    This game is so much fun, the mini games are fun, the boards are amazing and it's freaking hilarious to play with friends. It's hard to explain why, but this game is just plain fun.
  2. Feb 22, 2017
    Mario Party 2 is the best Mario Party game and the ultimate party game. It has the best mini games of the whole franchise. Mario Party 2 is often overlooked but is fun as hell especially with friends.
  3. Nov 3, 2016
    The minigames were original and recreated some great mario party 1 minigames. The boards are fresh and improved and the costume gimmick were amazing. I wouldn't be in the crowd saying its the best mario party...but its still perfect.
  4. ERB
    Nov 22, 2013
    Mario Party 2 is a fun game and I recommend you guys to buy this game because of it's entertainment value.The game play is fun and I'm giving this game a 7/10 because of its fun game play.Try buying this game now and try playing it now.This game is cool.
  5. Mar 20, 2013
    Mario Party 2 is a game that I have on the actual Nintendo 64 and not on the Virtual Console. So, I will be reviewing the original due to there not being a place on Metacritic for the Nintendo 64 version. Anyway, the game was fun, but shows it has aged. For today, the game is certainly enjoyable, but too simple for what is desired. First off, the many of the mini-games were a blast! TheMario Party 2 is a game that I have on the actual Nintendo 64 and not on the Virtual Console. So, I will be reviewing the original due to there not being a place on Metacritic for the Nintendo 64 version. Anyway, the game was fun, but shows it has aged. For today, the game is certainly enjoyable, but too simple for what is desired. First off, the many of the mini-games were a blast! The title very much represents the series and it certainly put things in the right direction. The single-player is short and sweet and gets the job done. I thought it was funny when you went to Toad to try to delete your game and he kept asking you, like three times, if you were absolutely positive that you wanted your save progress gone. I did have some gripes, though. Many times you would work sweat to get stars and they would just be taken from some lazy CPU player (usually, Peach). So, I felt robbed many times when that occurred. Again, the game feels very simple and underwhelming to an extent that it does not have very much appeal. This stems entirely from its age. Multiplayer is nothing special if you are playing against a weak human player. Overall, pretty good game that should be left as a memory in the past, and not something to be played and admired over by today's standards. Collapse
  6. Mar 20, 2013
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

1. Feb 8, 2011
    Despite its venerable age, it's still a very funny game, especially at this price.
  2. It requires a certain group of players - four regular gamers and four compatible controllers - to get the most out of it, but if you tick the boxes this is great.