6.3

1. May 24, 2013
    Oh it's flat down fun. Best with other friends & family. Still fun with one player! Graphics are terrific, others may insult them but that may be due to a slightly broken Wii (It may be damaged) or a rubbish TV. I have a 47 inch widescreen HD Philips flat screen. Characters are lovely, a great runner upon the series. I have been a fan of the series since MP 4 on the GameCube, my first new console (Had an old N64 from old brother). Just thrilling. The controls are great, a great game for all ages. Now, it wouldn't be Mario Party though without someone under 16 playing Like the rest, I totally recommend it. Now, mines scratched but not permanently and my store downtown fixes them for free, oh yeah. The characters are are a great selection. Another to my collection. Totally worth it. Expand
  2. Aug 10, 2013
    Another great multiplayer game in another great Mario Party! I dont understand when reviewers give the series low scores because "The games are only decided by randomness and luck" First of all, that is a lie. It is true that you can get very lucky and win because of it, but that is part of how the game works. Secondly however, that is: There is a CHANCE that you can get lucky and win, it doesnt mean that is the majority of the games.
    There is a lot of strategy and planning, but generally, you will get an advantage by winning a lot of mini games.

It is BS to call this game bad, and say it is solely based on luck.

Must buy for Wii, 9 out of 10!

All of our complaints about previous games – the slow pace, the lackluster single-player affair, the loose attention to detail – all remain and with Mario Party 8 we can add another criticism: ignorance of the Wii remote.
    A really disappointing (but, as mentioned at the start of this review, inevitably still entertaining) Wii debut for the series. Perhaps the next game will truly take advantage of the Wii controls through and through.
  3. There are some good minigames in Mario Party 8, but the overly familiar, chance-heavy board game wrapper gets in their way.