6.7

1. May 1, 2012
    This game has it all,good and funny boards,great minigames and the graphics are good also,the story is a little unoriginal but in general the game is great so much better than the dissapointed mario party 8,and in multiplayer is even better and funnier you will have so much fun playing alone or in multiplayer,and a lot of people think that the car idea is terrible but is not,is great iThis game has it all,good and funny boards,great minigames and the graphics are good also,the story is a little unoriginal but in general the game is great so much better than the dissapointed mario party 8,and in multiplayer is even better and funnier you will have so much fun playing alone or in multiplayer,and a lot of people think that the car idea is terrible but is not,is great i even think is better like that,totally worth its price so im giving 9 out of 10. Expand
  2. Mar 17, 2015
    This is a great game. One of my favourite Mario Parties with 7 and 8. The graphics are just amazing. The gameplay is great. The minigames and bosses are awesome. The character selection is okay except that they took out so many. The boards are very good. Mario Party 9 is great and is worth getting. It's also SO underrated.
  3. Feb 23, 2015
    This game is fun, and SO underrated! I like the story of Bowser stealing all the Ministars and Mario&his bro and friends set off on an adventure to stop Bowser. The music is great. The graphics are awesome; pure HD 1080. If you have a bro or a sis, this game is a great way to play with siblings instead of fighting all day. My bro fufufu and I enjoy it a lot. My Favourite board is MagmaThis game is fun, and SO underrated! I like the story of Bowser stealing all the Ministars and Mario&his bro and friends set off on an adventure to stop Bowser. The music is great. The graphics are awesome; pure HD 1080. If you have a bro or a sis, this game is a great way to play with siblings instead of fighting all day. My bro fufufu and I enjoy it a lot. My Favourite board is Magma Line. The boss battle is awesome. You should definitely pick this up. If you are a psy that don't like MP9 ,you are as silly as hell. Expand
  4. Mar 11, 2012
    This game is amazing and it's very fun as you will experience hours of fun mini games, great multiplayer, challenging bosses, and an overall nice looking environment with great music. Overall this game gets a 9 and really is worth your money!
  5. Mar 28, 2012
    Great game, I am really happy of it and I'm waiting mario party 10 for wii u Great game, I am really happy of it and I'm waiting mario party 10 for wii u
  6. Mar 24, 2012
    Mario Party 9 is...different, to say the least. But, it's a great game. I loved how everyone is in one car instead of on their own, because it allowed for full exploration of every board. As for the transition from stars and coins to just Mini-Stars, it's big, but it works, at least for me. It was always slightly boring in earlier games to just get a bunch of coins, slowly work your wayMario Party 9 is...different, to say the least. But, it's a great game. I loved how everyone is in one car instead of on their own, because it allowed for full exploration of every board. As for the transition from stars and coins to just Mini-Stars, it's big, but it works, at least for me. It was always slightly boring in earlier games to just get a bunch of coins, slowly work your way over to a Star, rinse and repeat. It's fresh here, and the Captain Events and Boss Battles just make things more lively.

My complaints with the game are small. I thought minigames did not have enough significance, with the person in first getting only 4 more Mini-Stars than the person in last, and Hammer Bro's Battle Minigames barely affecting Mini-Star totals. Also, Boss Battles were, for the most part, rather easy. Almost none of the bosses were actively attacking the players, and ALL of the bosses barely affected the player's score when they did attack.

One more thing. Whereas minigames are underpowered, Bowser Spaces are OVERPOWERED. It's both funny and frustrating, as a bunch of Bowser Spaces appear at the end of every round with the power to change everything. He can take away half of your Mini-Stars right before the end of the game!

Overall, I loved Mario Party 9. It was just a blast to play, with plenty of new ideas.
  7. Mar 18, 2012
    Wow! I am very impressed.I love the new game style. In a nut shell you and your opponent will travel together in a vehicle and go after whats called "Mini stars" and whoever has the most "Mini Stars" at the end of the round wins. There are many ways to obtain the stars such as randomly landing on space,mini games victories,and bonus stars giving at the end of the round. At the end of theWow! I am very impressed.I love the new game style. In a nut shell you and your opponent will travel together in a vehicle and go after whats called "Mini stars" and whoever has the most "Mini Stars" at the end of the round wins. There are many ways to obtain the stars such as randomly landing on space,mini games victories,and bonus stars giving at the end of the round. At the end of the round your final star count will resemble close to a basketball final score. For example last nights go at it had had a final score of 71 mini stars to 52. Which IMO is way better than 4 stars to 1 star that the older versions had. Gives you a chance for a last minute run or comeback.
    I can see if you are used to the old style turn based version this might upset you at first, but if you were one the unlucky peeps out here who had to endure the pitifull and painfull "Mario Party 8"you are more then ok with the changes. If it is really driving you crazy I would suggest picking up 4,5,6 for the gamecube for a couple bucks on ebay.
    Pros: better graphics,less frustrating,an option so you can play a round with just you and your friends(no computer opponents), strategic dice rolling decisions (you can use dice that go up to 6 or even as low as 1),motion plus minigames,after every round you earn party points so you can purchase unlockable, in the "extras" portion theres like 4 wii ware style games which are easy,fun,and addicting like castle crumblers which is sorta like bust a move/dr.mario hybrid, and gomba bowling which speaks for its self
    Cons: The mini-games are a tad confusing at first,the music can get annoying, no online but that comes as no suprise,if you were fan of the turn based versions this might take you aback at first,wish there were more characters and levels; only 10guys and 6 worlds seems a little light, has a feel of a wii u prototype at times(remember when the old nes games at the end of there run started looking like scaled down snes games?, hard to explain but some of you will know what i mean), terrible first player games but they all have that problem hence "party" you will need some friends over to fully enjoy, computer cheapness as usually, and random luck.

Overall I give this game a 9 on the fact that it can only be enjoyed with the company of others, and the sound track is annoying,everything else about the game is great.

hardcore fans of the turnbase style might rank it lower, but if your new to mario party you will probably enjoy this take on it better.
  8. NSM
    Jul 2, 2012
    Nintendo is back after a long absence with the Mario Party series! This time, they've changed the gameplay, having all players ride in a car and compete for the most mini stars, and avoiding mini ztars. Although some people might not like the change and prefer to old style, I think it is a great change. The character roster in the game is good, with great additions like Shy Guy and Koopa.Nintendo is back after a long absence with the Mario Party series! This time, they've changed the gameplay, having all players ride in a car and compete for the most mini stars, and avoiding mini ztars. Although some people might not like the change and prefer to old style, I think it is a great change. The character roster in the game is good, with great additions like Shy Guy and Koopa. Shy Guy and Magikoopa can be unlocked through Challenge Mode, where you must play against the computers and try to get the most mini stars back. The stages in this game are fun. One good one are Magma Mine which involves you running away from the rising lava levels in order to not lose mini stars. A new feature is boss battles. I personally love them, and they are really fun with friends. The best part of the game are the minigames. They are unforgettable, and actually feel "mario like" unlike some titles in the past *cough* Mario Party 8 *cough*. The Minigame Modes are the best of any, especially Choice Challenge. You won't be disappointed with Mario Party 9! Expand
  9. Oct 5, 2012
    Reason I like this Mario Party is because it is very suspenseful with how you can lose many Stars in one turn. Also there are many luck games which my friends and I love :)
  10. Apr 24, 2013
    The main reason Mario Party 9 plays a bit different to the other Mario Party games is because it was developed by the same team who gave us the most excellent Wii Party with Wii Remote Controller Black. In Party mode there are six exciting boards for you to play on which are Toad Road, Bob-omb Factory, Boo's Horror Castle, Blooper Beach, Magma Mine and Bowser Station. There are 80 newThe main reason Mario Party 9 plays a bit different to the other Mario Party games is because it was developed by the same team who gave us the most excellent Wii Party with Wii Remote Controller Black. In Party mode there are six exciting boards for you to play on which are Toad Road, Bob-omb Factory, Boo's Horror Castle, Blooper Beach, Magma Mine and Bowser Station. There are 80 new minigames for you to enjoy as your group work their way around the board on all different types of fun transport and some include great boss battles. You may travel together as team but you will be battle it out like enemies.
    The game starts off with 10 charcters for you play as which are Mario, Toad, Luigi, Koopa, Peach, Birdo, Daisy, Wario, Waluigi and Yoshi. When you complete the solo mode you are given Shy Guy and Kamek to play with as well.
    As you play Mario Party 9 you are given party points which you can use in the Museum to unlock DK's Jungle Ruins stage, new vehicles and stars in the sky of Nintendo characters etc.
    The Extras mode lets you play Shell Soccer in which you are split into two teams for up to four players. The first team to take out all seven of their opponents Goombas wins.
    Goomb Bowling plays a little like Wii Sports Bowling but you have to try and hit all the Goombas down which move from left to right.
    Castle Clearout plays a bit like Puzzle League (Nintendo DS) in that you need to connect six or more marbles of the same colour which clears a group and watch the fireworks go off!
    Perspective mode is for one player only in which you are given 10 different minigames to play but you need to win in order to move on.

Last of all there is the Minigames mode that has Freeplay in which you can play all the minigames as many times as you like.
    Step It Up is a race to the top of the steps by winning minigames.
    In Garden Battle you play minigames to determine the order in which players get plant blocks. The first player to fill his or her garden with plant blocks is the champion. Garden Battle is my six year old daughters favourite mode at the moment because she likes gardening. There is also Choice Challenge, High Roller, Time Attack and I have unlocked the cool Boss Rush Mode.
    Mario Party 9 is one of our families favourite games to play together alongside likes of Mario Kart Wii, Wii Party, Wii Sports Resort and Go Vacation.
  11. Dec 29, 2013
    I waited for this game a long time and it was worth, in my opinion this game is the best of all Mario Party games released so far It brought a way to play Mario Party very different to the one I was used to. The boards are so much fun, it has got many characters, including some new ones like the Koopa Troopa and Shy Guy, I love the characters, the graphics are excellent and the fact thatI waited for this game a long time and it was worth, in my opinion this game is the best of all Mario Party games released so far It brought a way to play Mario Party very different to the one I was used to. The boards are so much fun, it has got many characters, including some new ones like the Koopa Troopa and Shy Guy, I love the characters, the graphics are excellent and the fact that the pass be mini-stars instead of coins and stars, however is sad that there is no mini games 2 vs. 2 games. Finally, this game is fabulous and worth spending money on this game, because for those who likes games of Mario Party like me, it is the best choice. Expand
  12. Mar 14, 2014
    People call this "the worst Mario Party game" and I see where they're coming from, it's a strange Mario Party game, and DRIVES the series in a weird direction. However, playing this, I had the most fun I'd had all series.
  13. Jan 11, 2015
    In my opinion, Mario Party 9 is pretty underrated. It's not perfect, but it's not terrible either. Mario Party 9 proves to be a fun experience while it lasts.

The boards are cleverly designed with the first board (Toad Road) and the fifth board (Magma Mine) being my personal favorites. Boo's Horror Castle is an incredibly unnecessary difficulty spike, therefore being my least favorite board of the bunch. There are two bosses in each stage with each one being pretty unique. While some of them (like the Whomp) are entirely luck-based, they still are engaging and they all feel like you played a part in them.

The game's much more fun in multiplayer (then you usually have someone to blame for all of the things that go wrong) and this adds some much needed replay value. This also makes the wide variety of minigames more fun. The minigames themselves are extremely unique even if some of them are slightly confusing. I've played through all the minigames alone more than once!

The museum in the game is great if you want to unlock the secret board, listen to the game's decent music selection, or unlock constellations and new vehicles. I myself have personally never completed the constellations myself. I didn't really find them interesting. In Minigame Mode, you can play through all the minigames as previously mentioned but there's some other games to choose from. Step It Up is my personal favorite of the bunch. Everytime you win a minigame you go up a few stairs. Whoever gets to the top first wins. Most of the other ones I didn't care for with the exception of Boss Rush.

Overall, Mario Party 9 is a great family-friendly party game that has great replay value. The main fun will be found in the multiplayer and the minigames.
  14. May 24, 2015
    Where to start... Okay, I'll start by saying this is one of my favorite Mario Parties and I've been a fan of the series since the very beginning. The new vehicle mechanic is genius and always shakes things up. The graphics are wonderful and the boards are lots of fun. Now I see many arguing about how this game is too luck based. I will agree to an extent and it's why I don't give this gameWhere to start... Okay, I'll start by saying this is one of my favorite Mario Parties and I've been a fan of the series since the very beginning. The new vehicle mechanic is genius and always shakes things up. The graphics are wonderful and the boards are lots of fun. Now I see many arguing about how this game is too luck based. I will agree to an extent and it's why I don't give this game a 10. It's mainly because of the final board on solo mode (it was very hard). The boss battles themselves were luck based which I think is not the best idea. Many of the other boss battles are skill based though. That's my only gripe. Now the complaints about no strategy anymore? That's a bad argument. There are lots of mini games in each board but the board itself plays a major role in who wins. Thoughtful planning and strategizing with your rolls is required to mess with other people since everyone moves together. All in all, my friends and I have had an absolute blast with this game and it's always a fun drinking game that we turn to. It's great for casual gamers and for drinking games as well. The boo mansion board is quite possibly my favorite board in all of the Mario party franchise. Sure some games are luck based and even some parts of the board but Mario Party has always been known for that. Strategy is still there. Don't let anyone make you think it's not. Expand
  15. Aug 2, 2014
    first of all, this game gets a LOT of undeserved critic and hate. yes it is different than the other Mario party games. that does not mean it is a bad game, it is my 2de favorite (i only have played Mario party DS, 8 and 9) this time you are in a car whit everyone and you are going trough a long path but there happens a lot on the way so it doesn't get boring. and EVERY PIECE OF THEfirst of all, this game gets a LOT of undeserved critic and hate. yes it is different than the other Mario party games. that does not mean it is a bad game, it is my 2de favorite (i only have played Mario party DS, 8 and 9) this time you are in a car whit everyone and you are going trough a long path but there happens a lot on the way so it doesn't get boring. and EVERY PIECE OF THE MUSIC IS MADE BY GOD. just listen to "now you've done it" and you won't listen to anything else. there are as always side minigames like free-for-all minigames, and more. the gameplay is good and the multyplayer is SOOOO GOOD. nothing is bad about this game. really, i can't think of anyting bad except that it is a little bid unmemorable. otherwise it is perfect. Expand

1. May 23, 2012
    Mario Party 9 is unlike anything in the series before, although it seems familiar.
  2. Apr 30, 2012
    For those looking for the complete reinvention of the wheel will have to wait a bit longer. But Mario Party 9 has had enough tweaked in it to breathe some much-needed life back into the series.
    Nice party game is filled with large amounts of enjoyable mini-games – the only cons are the great dependency on luck and missing online multiplayer. [Apr 2012]