Mario Party 9 Wii

6.7

1. Apr 15, 2012
    Well... it's Mario Party. The last Mario Party I player was the original on the N64 so coming at it from that standpoint it's fairly different in terms of mechanics but the experience is more or less the same. It's a good party game and a good game to make fun of as you play it, or for little kids who don't care about the inherent absurdity of the Mario universe. If you are in the mood forWell... it's Mario Party. The last Mario Party I player was the original on the N64 so coming at it from that standpoint it's fairly different in terms of mechanics but the experience is more or less the same. It's a good party game and a good game to make fun of as you play it, or for little kids who don't care about the inherent absurdity of the Mario universe. If you are in the mood for Mario Party, then this is a thing for purchasing and it is Mario Party so perhaps it should be purchased by you. Expand
  2. Mar 28, 2012
    This Game is better than the last installment. Mario Party 8 had me falling sleep while we play 4P. The Graphics are slightly polished compared to 8 also, its smooth to play. Loading times aren't too slow and the game is solid, Great addition to any collection... Just burn 8 when you get this.

BTW, this one isn't made by Hudson its made from a different company, so far so good.
  3. Apr 7, 2013
    Mario Party 9 is a refreshing twist on the formula the series is known for. Players travel on a vehicle together (adding a welcome element of strategy), and battle bosses toward a board's end. The 82 minigames are mostly great, but unfortunately games can still often come down to luck and some lousy motion controls let the game down, which can particularly make the 1P story mode a chore.Mario Party 9 is a refreshing twist on the formula the series is known for. Players travel on a vehicle together (adding a welcome element of strategy), and battle bosses toward a board's end. The 82 minigames are mostly great, but unfortunately games can still often come down to luck and some lousy motion controls let the game down, which can particularly make the 1P story mode a chore. Otherwise, the game provides a fantastic local multiplayer experience for people of all skill levels. Expand
  4. Mar 11, 2012
    Having played every Mario party game made, I can safely say that finally - after some real stinkers (Yeah, I'm pointing right at your Mario party 8) - Nintendo has finally broken the chain with this near classic new take on Mario Party. While it's not perfect, this is as good as any Mario party game could be at this point in the series. The mini games do feel like a bit of a rehash onHaving played every Mario party game made, I can safely say that finally - after some real stinkers (Yeah, I'm pointing right at your Mario party 8) - Nintendo has finally broken the chain with this near classic new take on Mario Party. While it's not perfect, this is as good as any Mario party game could be at this point in the series. The mini games do feel like a bit of a rehash on older versions of the game, but the fresh take on the boards and interactions will quickly make you forget. If you like Mario Party, pick it up. Expand
  5. Oct 29, 2012
    Mario Party 9 was the best Mario Party from all its sequels. The minigames are fun to play all of them. Collecting Mini Stars are more fun than collecting coins to get a star. All you have to do is beat all Bowser's minions and be a winner at all minigames to be a superstar.
  6. Oct 22, 2013
    I remember seeing the trailer and i was so excited for this game but when it came out I was very disappointed. The minigames are still fun and the boss battles are very fun, but what makes me only give this game a 7 is the bus where every character has to stand in instead of everyone going independently on the board.
  7. Sep 1, 2013
    Mario Party 8 should've benefited from motion control, but instead it implemented it in lots of lousy ways, including minigames that required you to pump your arm up and down the fastest.
    Mario Party 9 gets the balance right- motion control is never vigorous, but used in interesting ways in minigames. Also, figuring 10 mario parties were a bit too many, Nintendo drastically changed the rules. Part of Mario Party 8's problem was that it was too similar to the other mario party games.
    In Party 9, all players travel in a vehicle alltogether along a one-way board. When someone gets a six, the vehicle- and all of the players- will move six spaces. Byt the space landed on will only affect the person who threw the dice. The aim is different too: instead of collecting stars using coins, mini stars dotted around the board in clumps of 2-10 are the prizes, and they are also the prizes for minigames- no coins in Mario Party 9. And the player who rolled the dice is the person who collects those mini stars when the vehicle passes through them. Once the vehicle reaches the end of the board, a boss is fought, and the person who dealt the most hits wins mini satrs. This change in formula makes Mario Party 9 feel radically different from the rest of the mario partys. It's also what changed my scores for this game from a 5 to a 7. Each party board has a different theme and several twists that make it different and enjoyable. There is chance in Party 9, but it rarely angers because there's more strategy on the boards with the new formula, and the minigames are great skilful fun too. That said, there was the odd chance minigame, which was annoying. The boards really get the balance though, so no-one is unfairly treated.
    The minigames are great fun, but many don't use the motion sensing, which was unusual. But not using it at all is better than abusing it like in Mario Party 8.
    Though Mario Party 9 is awesome with friends, the same can't be said for single player. Solo (story) mode is actually, unusually, fun however, so single play isn't as bad as in Party 8.
    Additional to the main games, there are special minigame challenges that combine minigames with extra strategy. I found most of these to be quite lame apart from choice challenge.
    Mario Party 9 is great with friends, an 8/10 for that. But single player included, it's not AS good. Still, with company, this is a must-have party game.
  8. Aug 22, 2014
    mario party 9 is my favourite game in the series it changed the formula entirely it has the best minigames, boards and introduced my 2nd favourite mario character shy guy
  9. May 16, 2015
    Mario Party 9 is a fun game, and for me, it's the Mario Party NDQ put the most effort in term of content, It has the most interesting board compare to Mario Party 20 thanks to the more diverse Spaces and The Captain Events, and has more extra modes to play the Minigames.
  10. dz9
    Apr 10, 2012
    I am very lenient with this title, I know that this game is on the wii and is intended for a family audience, but even on that meritt, this game presents serious flaws. But let's start with the good, the campaign is fun and challenging, mini games are a blast, the graphics in this game are flashy and polished, and the new take on the movements system is refreshing and good for the mostI am very lenient with this title, I know that this game is on the wii and is intended for a family audience, but even on that meritt, this game presents serious flaws. But let's start with the good, the campaign is fun and challenging, mini games are a blast, the graphics in this game are flashy and polished, and the new take on the movements system is refreshing and good for the most part. It's so sad to see a genuinely fun game have such an obvious serious flaw! The huge problem in this title is that the game mechanics are so random and events range from over powering to over crippling. Too many times in this game, you will lose your well earned fortune because you uncontrollably lose half your stars due to one bad roll. Now... Mario party is known for these events but never before on this scale. Picture you have accumulated a nice fortune of 5 stars going into the end of the game on a previous MP title, but at the last minute you land on a space that takes away 4 stars and 100 coins. This is wayyyyyy to overpowering in a game based on chance, and doing this. Developers have robbed the nice mix of luck and strategy known in Mario Party and left it with nothing but luck. You could win every mini game and get good roles on every turn but that doesn't mean you will win not even by a long shot, cause in this title, you're always one Bowser Revolution away from losing no matter what. In the End: this is a great game for kids and I don't think they'll notice the randomness too much. But for adults like myself, as long as you don't play to win, you could have some fun times with this Expand
  11. Jul 23, 2012
    Now, I love Mario Party... Ever since the first Mario Party. But Mario Party 9 just threw me WAY off. With the car function. I liked the old format seen in the previous eight games, ya know, get coins to collect the stars. Now it's all, weird...(?) You collect these new Mini Stars. http://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/1/1c/Ministar.png/201px-Ministar.png (
  12. Jun 4, 2012
    the lasting apeal to this game is very little with little reward. Not that many stages, mini games uninspired. etc. Not worth picking up unless for under $15
  13. Dec 16, 2012
    It's not as good as the games from the previous series and some games are only about the luck factor. The Garden Minigame option is very cool one
  14. Dec 12, 2013
    Be careful what you wish for because this is not no Mario party its lucky party. Why because you have no choice but just to go to one direction. Already displeasing alot of the fans. To make this worse no items a present other than dice blocks. Once again displeasing many fans. Even the events should displease some because one bad luck strike and it over. Most injurys lead to losing halfBe careful what you wish for because this is not no Mario party its lucky party. Why because you have no choice but just to go to one direction. Already displeasing alot of the fans. To make this worse no items a present other than dice blocks. Once again displeasing many fans. Even the events should displease some because one bad luck strike and it over. Most injurys lead to losing half of even all your mini stars. Also this game is also known for trolling because you can purposely lead your foes into many hazards. No question this game sucks with nothing to brag but amazing minigames and graphics. This game cared so much about it's minigame that it practically destroyed the game. Got one part need the board part. That's why I'm splitting the score in half. Expand
  15. Oct 16, 2014
    Is Mario Party series coming to a end.This is the worst Mario Party game that i have ever played. EVER!!!
    The new concept looks nice, but most of the stages are boring to play on.I mean, This game is so easy to beat and the mini-games are so boring that the end result is an utter failure.They even took away chance time.

1. May 23, 2012
    Mario Party 9 is unlike anything in the series before, although it seems familiar.
  2. Apr 30, 2012
    For those looking for the complete reinvention of the wheel will have to wait a bit longer. But Mario Party 9 has had enough tweaked in it to breathe some much-needed life back into the series.
    Nice party game is filled with large amounts of enjoyable mini-games – the only cons are the great dependency on luck and missing online multiplayer. [Apr 2012]