• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Nov 15, 2011
  • Also On: 3DS
6.7

1. Nov 20, 2011
    The third installment of the Mario & Sonic games series, and by far the best.

The graphics are top-notch! They compare to Super Mario Galaxy. And this can easily be identified when when doing 'Dream Events' inspired from the latter game and also from previous Sonic titles.

The gameplay. It's not exactly more of the same previous titles; on top of some new Olympic events, the 'Dream
    Event' are fantastic as the developers got the freedom to unleash their creativity. You'll have hours of fun there. And you won't feel time with friends. Regrettably, the Online mode only serves to compare the scores.
    There's 'London Party Mode', in which you wonder in London's streets from the top view, competing with other players. It almost serves as a story mode; different events pop based on time, and some other fun events you wouldn't find elsewhere. How well would you rate the music if you find both the eargasmic music of both Sonic and Mario? Some remixes are present in the Dream events. You can also customize a specific song you earned to play in any event.

This game could easily one of the best of its genre. Though we still regret the absence of a real Online experience, that can easily be forgotten when having friends around to play with.
  2. Nov 21, 2011
    The Game is very well when you play with your friends in the mode LONDON PARTY. The events are so fun and the graphics are no the best, but it´s acceptable. This game continue the other games of Mario and Sonic in a correct way
  3. Nov 25, 2011
    I got two games this month and this was one of them. It's pretty fun! My cousins have been over and we have been playing the other game I got more so I'm kind of scoring this game against the other. But we did play Mario & Sonic enough to have a good time. If you like playing with other people I think this one is good to have.
  4. Dec 7, 2011
    In the latest installment of the Mario and Sonic series we see the two mascots head off at the summer Olympics once again but unlike the original this game has much more to offer. The graphics in the game are very well done and the music for the regular Olympic events (if listened closely) gives you a Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 feel. The Dream Events are where everything gets much more interesting, in the Dream Events you explore areas from both the Mario and Sonic series exploring areas from your favorite games such as Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Sonic Adventure 2. The game also provide remixes of themes that you know and love and many of these remixed themes can be unlocked through the game which gives you some nice replay value. Also the game introduces London Party Mode and in this mode you participate in quite a few mini-games in a fashion similar to the Mario Party games and you can also fight rivals who are from both series such as Jet the Hawk and Birdo. This game has plenty to offer and it includes tons of unlockables like Mii Costumes specifically made for this game, i would recommend this game to anyone who has a Wii cause trust me you will enjoy this and i would recommend picking up the 3DS version when its released as well because that version will be even more fun then the Wii version with its inclusion of new events and a story mode! Expand
  5. Feb 12, 2012
    The game is okay but not great ... excellent graphics, but the game certainly offers a bit of Sonic characters, and I, Sonic, I think there are too many stories and characters useless. Otherwise average game because there is no story mode! (Finally, a short story mode, and again ...)
  6. Jul 23, 2012
    This game is by far the worst game in the "Mario & Sonic" series so far. I own all version of the games including the DS versions of the first 2 and the 3DS counterpart of this. The fiddly controls make the games boring and repetitive, yet alone hard to play. For example, in the 100M event, there is no longer any inclusion of the Nunchuck. This is a bizarre decision considering how these events where so easy to play in the Beijing version, where you had the option of playing with or without the extra controller. Also, having no circuit mode or any fun Single Player mode means the game is lacking in content. It seems like Sega have rushed this game to get it out as early as possible, amid the British Olympic fever, in an attempt to receive as much money as possible from a dwindling series. If the game was the original with some extra events and the London theme printed on, this would have got a score of 8. Unfortunately, the game could have 5 events on it and it would still sell like hotcakes due to the inclusion of Mario & Sonic. Buy the Beijing version, or even better, the official game if you have access to an Xbox or PlayStation. Expand
  7. Oct 24, 2013
    This series keeps adding new stuff to make it better and usually I like that but for this game it just seems to be too much like the first game just with some new stuff.
  8. Aug 23, 2013
    This 'new' mario and sonic game is, uh, not that new at all. Most of the sports are from the original mario and sonic at the olympic games, but with little tweaks. Some of them, I have to admit, put the wii's motion-sensing to good use, but those are rare. The thing is, we've had two mario and sonic olympic crossovers now, one winter, one normal. So this one's simply taking concepts from the original and simply improving them. There's lots of fun to be had here, but the same could be had in the original.
    Minigames are generally designed well and are great in multiplayer.
    As well as the main events, there are so-called 'dream events', which are different takes on a particular sport, but done in a way that wouldn't be possible in real life. It's a good idea, but for a lot of the minigames, you can't even tell which sport they're meant to be like, making them feel like mario party minigames or something. Regardless of that, they are a lot of fun, despite being a little too cluttered.
    There's also a multiplayer mode that takes place in London, which has you run around in a miniature model of the city. Every so often you play minigames, but a lot of it involves playing in London. You need to do your best there to shift the tide over to you. But this mode is simply lacking in ideas and is tedious to play.
    Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games isn't a bad game, but it doesn't do much to distinguish itself from the original.
  9. Oct 22, 2013
    This is by far the best of Mario and sonic olympic games, but maybe the best olympic game too. It's fun single or multiplayer, and the multiplayer is the highlight for me. If you have a wii and 1-3 other friends pick up this game.

Rich collection of sport mini games is the best for short sessions thanks to its variability and agility. [Christmas 2011]
  2. Jan 12, 2012
    It may offer some fun as a party game, but there is nothing extraordinary here. The controls remind us why motion gaming has been considered by many as a "gimmick" and the design is fairly unremarkable.
  3. Jan 10, 2012
    Mario & Sonic: Third time is the charm. This olympic game is by far the best application published under the Mario & Sonic franchise. The mini games are well executed and the regular sports are topped off with fantastic dream sports. Although there's still not enough content for long lasting sporting mayhem, the presentation is far better than in the two previous installments. [Jan 2012]