Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Wii

• Release Date: Nov 6, 2007
7.7

1. DivineStorm
    Jul 30, 2008
    At first I thought the game was pretty decent. Was I ever wrong! It's broken as hell!!!! The controls are AWFUL!!!!! like in the spear throwing event for example: When I was told to press the b button, I did and nothing happend?! WTF IS THAT?!! also the game has no fucking replay abilty!!!! On top of all this: IT IS BORING AS HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. ChrisT
    Nov 29, 2008
    The game has a decent concept and has some fun events but the characters' reaction to losing is completely unacceptable. Anytime an athlete or anyone else loses a game, they should walk over and congratulate the winner instead of crying, pouting, pounding the ground or otherwise throwing a tantrum. I don't want my kids learning the poor sportsmanship displayed in this game.
  3. Jan 21, 2012
    Hah! It is hard to think of another game that is more boring than this one. Even when you are playing it, the game suggests between minigames that you should perhaps take a break and relax. While it does so for health reasons, I would gladly do it just because it is so plain stupid and frustrating.

#14 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#8 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

It only takes a few minutes of playing Mario & Sonic at the Olympics to understand that this isn't so much a game as it is a marketing tool to promote the upcoming 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing.
    For being a game that’s made up of simple gestures and “been there, done that” gameplay, Mario & Sonic is a huge surprise in its ability to still pull us in and really deliver pure, classic entertainment.
    The complexity in the competition's certainly a step up from "Wii Sports" and "Wii Play," but without the option to play how you want and when you want, this feels like just another souped-up minigame collection. It's enjoyable -- and to be honest, more fun than I expected -- but it's not quite the evolution of Wii Sports we've been looking for.