Mario Super Sluggers Wii

7.8

1. Aug 7, 2013
    I love this game! It's so fun and addicting and great for children, what's not to like? It incorporates sports and exercise into a 9 inning Wii game. It's awesome!
  2. Jan 11, 2014
    A great game that can keep you entertained for hours! With so many characters to chose from, and a ell amount of stadiums, this game is endless fun! To add to tat, theres also a story mode that will have you gather characters o build up a team to defeat the one and only Bowser! The only thing I have a problem with in this game is that out of all the characters they provide for you,A great game that can keep you entertained for hours! With so many characters to chose from, and a ell amount of stadiums, this game is endless fun! To add to tat, theres also a story mode that will have you gather characters o build up a team to defeat the one and only Bowser! The only thing I have a problem with in this game is that out of all the characters they provide for you, Rosalina is not playable :(,but overall, a fun and great game for the Wii! Expand
  3. May 28, 2011
    I really like this game. The hitting is good, the fielding is good, the characters are great, and the minigames add a good amount of fun. I had A LOT of fun playing this. The best thing about Mario Super Sluggers is that it is very entertaining to play, and that's the most important part. Other great points include the large diversity of characters and the great graphics. My onlyI really like this game. The hitting is good, the fielding is good, the characters are great, and the minigames add a good amount of fun. I had A LOT of fun playing this. The best thing about Mario Super Sluggers is that it is very entertaining to play, and that's the most important part. Other great points include the large diversity of characters and the great graphics. My only complaints are that not much has improved from the last Mario Baseball game, and I encountered some unresponsive controls and fielders every once in a while. Still, this game is great. Expand
  4. Apr 7, 2013
    I bought this game for baseball. I got a storyline and many characters, including that epic little Baby DK!
    It is fun, and is sort of like MLB 2k series, but is not as serious. Anyway, great game!
  5. Oct 23, 2013
    So far this is the only baseball game I like, the items put an interesting twist on the gameplay and the different fields also make gameplay both fun and interesting. Even single player gets interesting at times.
  6. Feb 5, 2015
    This game is totally awesome! It is just insanely fun. A million times better than real baseball. The graphics are great for the Wii. The character selection is the best ever. The gameplay is amazing! The challenge mode is an awesome story mode. This game is one of my favourite games of all time and it's definitely worth buying.
  7. PhillipD.
    Aug 28, 2008
    I haven't had it long enough to talk about the longevity or difficulty at higher levels but so far this game is everything I was looking for out of a Mario Baseball game. I'll look elsewhere for my simulation fix but when I want to shoot shells at the opposing team while they're trying to field the ball or do crazy super jumps to prevent a home run this is the game.
  8. Mar 21, 2012
    its sad how i hate almost all sports games except for these two games mario super sluggers and mario and sonic at the winter olympics.......i find it even more sad looking at half of these reviews.....this game is possibly one of the best sports games around....i mean seriousy there's a fun multi player mode where you play aginst friend......i mean this is after all a title with a greatits sad how i hate almost all sports games except for these two games mario super sluggers and mario and sonic at the winter olympics.......i find it even more sad looking at half of these reviews.....this game is possibly one of the best sports games around....i mean seriousy there's a fun multi player mode where you play aginst friend......i mean this is after all a title with a great name....and seriously people you marked points off for this game being to easy or for it not being good enough....whats wrong with you people.....if you like baseball and mario this is the perfect game no matter what the people with bad reviews say.... Expand
  9. BradJ
    Aug 31, 2009
    I don't see why everyone is hating on this game. Sure the graphics aren't improved much from the gc version, but there are like 10-15 new characters, more stadiums (also playable at night), and I thought the single player mode was a lot more fun than the original's. There are also gameplay improvements, and the wii controls feel great, as they usually do! I give it a 7.5. I don't see why everyone is hating on this game. Sure the graphics aren't improved much from the gc version, but there are like 10-15 new characters, more stadiums (also playable at night), and I thought the single player mode was a lot more fun than the original's. There are also gameplay improvements, and the wii controls feel great, as they usually do! I give it a 7.5. It's not the best game ever, (Or the longest, really, 'bout 10 hours) but some of these reviews are just, plain bad!!! Expand
  10. gilbertoL
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mario super sluggers is actually a very good game, it is really fun to play, especially with another person and it can get really competitive and thats what makes a good game, graphics are pretty too, so theres no real complain about it. yes, it may be really similar to its predesesor but it brings lots of new characters, new stadiums and the ability to play them at nigth or at day which Mario super sluggers is actually a very good game, it is really fun to play, especially with another person and it can get really competitive and thats what makes a good game, graphics are pretty too, so theres no real complain about it. yes, it may be really similar to its predesesor but it brings lots of new characters, new stadiums and the ability to play them at nigth or at day which i think is a great thing that nintendo put. not only that but now characters with chemistry can throw ITEMS and it is great and a lot of fun. so by far this is the greayes baseball game in terms of fun, not only on wii but overall in all consoles! i mean who wants to play a boring simulation of real life baseball! Expand
  11. GrayZ
    Aug 27, 2008
    Great fun. Control scheme took a while to get used to, but once I did it was a blast! Could've used a better single player mode in the vein of the original Mario baseball, but gameplay is better than ever.
  12. Nov 7, 2011
    It is much better than Mario Superstar Baseball. There are more characters and the story mode is much longer. I'm glad they made this sequel because it is a major improvement.
  13. Jun 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really liked this game because of story mode.It seems short because,after you beat Bowser Jr.,It becomes night,and you can't do anything.I bought this game at gamestop cheap,(19.99)and it was well worth it. Expand
  14. Dec 7, 2012
    I spent quite a bit of time in this game. The only downfall to this game is the difficulty, at least for the lowest difficulty, I beat the CPU 74-3 or something like that once. The only minor downfall to this game would be the limited controls, a, b, and a few other controls and that is almost it. Overall, 8/10
  15. Jul 11, 2015
    A strong game with high amounts of replayability. While the story mode is short, it actually features some world/map movement and actual puzzles to solve. While it is easy for teens and adults, it's still a fun experience that lets you fill its MASSIVE roster of players. The diverse and plentiful maps, comical humor, solid remixed and new music, and high replayability level makes this aA strong game with high amounts of replayability. While the story mode is short, it actually features some world/map movement and actual puzzles to solve. While it is easy for teens and adults, it's still a fun experience that lets you fill its MASSIVE roster of players. The diverse and plentiful maps, comical humor, solid remixed and new music, and high replayability level makes this a solid sports game and solid mario game for any gamer. I found this game to be one of my favorite wii titles! (Surprising since I'm not really a fan of baseball, but the game is done very well)

Gameplay: 8/10
    Story: 7.5/10
    Music: 9/10
    Presentation: 8/10
    Length: 7/10
    Overall: 8/10
  16. Jul 15, 2015
    "Mario Super Sluggers" is a game I've spent a hell of a lot of time on, more so than any other Mario sports game. Despite the game not being the absolute best Mario sports game, it's still extremely fun to play, has some pretty good visuals, a fun single-player mode and an enormous roster of characters. That said, the game is definitely flawed. Most of the fun in the game is only"Mario Super Sluggers" is a game I've spent a hell of a lot of time on, more so than any other Mario sports game. Despite the game not being the absolute best Mario sports game, it's still extremely fun to play, has some pretty good visuals, a fun single-player mode and an enormous roster of characters. That said, the game is definitely flawed. Most of the fun in the game is only experienced in multiplayer, some of the minigames are forgettable, and the lack of customization for Mii players is discouraging. Even so, "Mario Super Sluggers" is an enjoyable, if slightly flawed, multiplayer baseball sim. Expand
  17. Oct 15, 2014
    Pros:Very addictive game play, lots of modes and characters to choose from.
    Cons: Game and story mode feels too short.
    It is a baseball game that has an similar concept of Super Smash Bros.
  18. May 30, 2015
    I think this a very, very underrated game. People will accuse it of being the same as Superstar Baseball on the GameCube but the motion controls really improve the game as well as putting it on the Wii with a wider audience.

The campaign is short but the gameplay is still entertaining enough that Super Sluggers will last you at least a while. Those not fans of baseball will want to stay away though.
  19. May 26, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best Mario Sports Game period. Mario Super Sluggers has a lot of awesome stuff it has to offer: The Best Character Selection IMO, Addictive Gameplay, Awesome stadiums/stages, and some of the Minigames. Minigames I don't play that much but I've played them before and I guess it's okay. The main thing about this game though, is Baseball. Just love the Gameplay, controls, and how you can set your team up.

The Characters...not much to say except it is the Best Roster I've seen in any Mario Game IMO. Some of the characters are just a total badass, some are weaker than others, and some have more skill at different stuff.

The stadiums/stages - Luigi's Mansion is actually my favourite one because of the design and just how it looks. Hell, it even has a Remixed Version of the Ghost Theme from the Original Luigi's Mansion on the GameCube. I haven't played that (seen videos) but I have played Dark Moon on the 3DS.

Overall, Mario Super Sluggers is a great Sports and Mario Game and I totally recommend it! And if you hate MSS, you're BEYOND silly as JB.

#14 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#26 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. Nintendo Gamer
    It isn't quite the game we were hoping for, but taken as another Mario sports game rather than a baseball sim, it's as solid and enjoyable as you'd expect. [JPN Import; Sept 2008, p.52]
  2. Games Master UK
    A step back for Wii baseball controls, but enough of a gameplay leap to warrant playing. [Sept 2008, p.70]
  3. Nintendo Power
    This baseball diamond loses some of its luster with occasionally confusing or clunky play (it's too easy to accidentally pitch or swing prematurely), but the game's simplified approach is great for sports-curious gamers looking to avoid the complexities of a real simulation. [Oct 2008, p.87]