7.3

1. Jun 6, 2011
    Right on the start, i didn't cared for the story, seriously, even if i liked Marvel superheroes. The graphics where neat but aged, the motion Wii controlled version doesn't even function, you look like a monkey trying to get a impossible banana. In the positive side, it has a niche for being a fun game at least.
  2. May 17, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have a lot of nostalgia with this game. I remember playing this a lot with my friends and my brother which gives it a special place in m heart. Personal feelings aside tough it is a good team based rpg which is dated by a few mechanics and some design choices which are good at the time but now is a little outdated. The main plot follows a team of Captain America, Wolverine, Thor, and Spiderman as they fight a horde of super villians to save the multiverse. Doctor Doom is the head of the masters of evil as he hatches a plot to steal Odin's powers and t take over the world. The plot is definatly not complex as it is really nothing more than to give context to why you are in certain pace in the marvel universe. The worlds themselves are a bit of a mixed bag. Some worlds are generic such as the helicarrier and AIM's lab while others are inspired like in Asgard and especially in hell (yes you actually go to hell and it is just as awesome as it sounds). The game has over 25 playable chracters and each have thier own unique abilities. Some characters such as the Thing and Colossus are heavy hitters who move slow but deal extra physical damage. Others can fly around the are and rely on ranged attacks like Thor or Storm. Stats can be up gradable which will allow you to use your attacks on your enemies in a variety of ways. Each characters even has their ultimate attack which is fun to use. Some though are clearly better than others like Spider-Man's or Deadpool's. In fact some characters are clearly overpowered like Ghost Rider which is probably the reason why the Hulk isn't in this game. The attacks are used by flicking the Wii Remote in a certain gesture which is actually responsive given the Wii's reputation but good luck trying to play the game with a broken numb-chuck. The enemies have different skins and atheistic changes depending on what world you are in but they do behave the same though which does make the combat monotonous at times but still satisfying. Some of the worlds try to mix up the monotony by putting in mini games like the arcade in the circus or introduce new mechanics. Atlantis tries to do something new by having swimming controls but they are very floaty which is the sad standard for under water levels (At least its not the Water temple from Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess). The boss battles are kind of a mixed bag as the ones which are your size =do not require much in strategy as they are really bullet sponges ( or energy sponges in this case). The giant boss fights like the frost Giant or Mephisto also only require one strategy but they make up for it through visual spectacles. In between missions there are hub world like the Triskelon, Doctor Strange's house, and the Watcher's domain. They are really nothing more than houses because most of the NPCs don't have anything t say other than Deadpool when he gives his origin and talks about his desire to start a rock band. The most interesting thing about the game though is that there are some areas that give you a choice that would affect the Marvel Universe. Most of them are your standard good or bad choices but there is one choice that actually gives you a false sense of heroism. That was when you had a choice to either save Night crawler or Jean Grey from hell. You can only save one or the other and both choices give negative consequences. This was one of the earlier attempts that I can think of that gives you a false choice that makes you loose no matter what you choose. This game is worth a rental if you still have a Wii and it is a walk to the Candy Store for any Marvel fans. Expand
  3. RonaldoF.
    Oct 24, 2007
    The graphics are nice but then the controls are dull and many characters simply don't behave as you would expect from the Marvel comics. Finally, the whole game is very repetitive and thus fun is very limited.
  4. NickL.
    Dec 21, 2006
    This felt more like working than actually playing a video game. Same motions over and over make this game tedious.
  5. NigelT.
    Dec 24, 2007
    I had played this when it first came out, and am reviewing this after just playing it on the 360. That being said I find the graphics and camera in this game underwhelming to say the least. If approached correctly the Wii's poor little Hollywood graphics card can push out some stunning visuals (ie: Zelda, Metroid), but not in this game. Then the controls, I grew tired of basically I had played this when it first came out, and am reviewing this after just playing it on the 360. That being said I find the graphics and camera in this game underwhelming to say the least. If approached correctly the Wii's poor little Hollywood graphics card can push out some stunning visuals (ie: Zelda, Metroid), but not in this game. Then the controls, I grew tired of basically just shaking the controller around. Really, Wii consumers were promised a fresh and new approach at gaming, I find this just tiresome. I would put this down as playable but nothing special. Expand
  6. hlopez
    Feb 16, 2008
    compared to xmen legends 2 this game just wasnt interesting.I had to stop playing rather early on. I am a huge comic fan but the character selection is weak. Only a hand full of them are actually that different. way yoo may street level characters and not too many of them were top notch characters. hopefully the next game will be done better

#10 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2006
#19 Most Shared Wii Game of 2006

1. The game includes tons of gameplay, a plethora of Marvel characters, a great presentation, and successfully balances the action and RPG elements, while letting players choose just how much they want to micromanage. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance has something for everyone.
  2. With better focus on what players want, including four (useful!) costumes per character, a plethora of villians and heroes from Marvel lore, better visuals, tighter RPG elements, less of the Chatty-Cathy moments, and FAR more tough boss and mini-boss battles, Marvel Ultimate Alliance could be the geekfest that keeps players wrapped onto whatever platform they chose like a pair of tight blue spandex with a big 4 on the chest.
    It's a satisfyingly lengthy game, with loads of missions to complete and a huge assortment of comic book-inspired side missions to bring you a little more insight into the backgrounds of the game's leading characters.