8.9

1. CarlosD.
    Oct 29, 2007
    Personally I hate FPS but metroid has changed my way of thinking, controls, interactiveness and non dizzyness 3D graphics has made this sport crazy fan..a first person fan!!!!
  2. JustinE.
    Sep 3, 2007
    The graphics are the best I've seen so far on the Wii, and the framerate is an amazing 60 fps. The story is really good and the controls are really smooth. I love the Metroid Prime series, but even people that have never played any of the games before would love this. Amazing game!!!
  3. RodneyM.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Simply amazing. it redifines the fps genre and the fpa genre too. the controls are spot on, the story rocks, it looks great, and the addition of full voice acting is the icing on the cake. a masterpiece. any wii gamer has to own this game.
  4. JesseS.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Best Wii Game yet. Best game on any platform that I've played in the last year. The shooting controls are perfect. The graphics are stunning. The sound is phenomenal. The puzzles are difficult, but I haven't run into one yet that I'd consider too hard. If you have a Wii, get this game. If you don't have a Wii, buy one ASAP.
  5. May 18, 2012
    Wow, do I ever love this game! The art design is transcendent, transporting the player to beautiful,
    wondrous worlds that feel truly alien and unique.Combat is awesome---- strategic, precise, and deep.
    Oh, those boss fights!! As you progress, scanning lore deepens a compelling story that unfolds in unexpected and unforgettable ways.Finally and maybe most importantly, I really like the
    unexpected and unforgettable ways.Finally and maybe most importantly, I really like the refreshingly
    cerebral quality of this game; it constantly challenges you to think, analyze, and solve its myriad
    puzzles and mysteries. One of my all-time favorites. Retro, you gotta make another one!
  6. May 1, 2014
    Controls are fantastic. Another one knocked out of the park for the greatest video game franchise of all time. It's a shame I don't give 10s. This is a 9.5, though.
  7. Oct 20, 2013
    Metroid Prime 3 Corruption is the best Wii game. It is incredibly atmospheric and immersive, with well designed areas that make for amazing exploration. It is filled with lore that is interesting to read, ups the replay value and makes the series universe more interesting. The boss fights are a definite high point as they are all challenging but not frustrating and are just plain fun.Metroid Prime 3 Corruption is the best Wii game. It is incredibly atmospheric and immersive, with well designed areas that make for amazing exploration. It is filled with lore that is interesting to read, ups the replay value and makes the series universe more interesting. The boss fights are a definite high point as they are all challenging but not frustrating and are just plain fun. This game is a must-have for all Wii owners. Expand
  8. Apr 10, 2015
    Without a doubt my favorite of the trilogy with prime 1 coming in very close at second. I found the motion controls very easy to get used to and the story was fantastic. An absolutely great way to end the prime trilogy.
  9. Jan 4, 2011

Metroid Prime (Trilogy)
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Resident Evil 4
    Tetris DS
    Words with Friends (Scrabble)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mike Tysonâ
  10. DiegoM.
    Aug 30, 2007
    This game proves all the power of the Wii Console, from the stunning visuals and art direction, to the perfect controls. Metroid Prime 3 simply rocks.
  11. Apr 27, 2011
    9.5/10 = Incredible = The weakest prime game, and that says nothing seeing as the others are pure brilliance. This is a very great action game that gives the franchise an amazing send off. Love the amount of epic boss battles and addictiction level here as well, very Metroid.
  12. Nov 5, 2011
    Honestly, it doesn't feel as polished as 2 and 1 were, but it's still very fun to play. Some areas are definitely boring, and the game could do without voice acting. New hunters are very cool, story is also good. Controls are top notch again, feel very precise. Graphically, it pushes the Wii very far, it's one of those games that doesn't feel like it's trying too hard to be visuallyHonestly, it doesn't feel as polished as 2 and 1 were, but it's still very fun to play. Some areas are definitely boring, and the game could do without voice acting. New hunters are very cool, story is also good. Controls are top notch again, feel very precise. Graphically, it pushes the Wii very far, it's one of those games that doesn't feel like it's trying too hard to be visually impressive. (Unlike The Conduit.)
    Lore is a bit weaker, but it's still very interesting. Definitely a good closeup for the Prime series. Has more pros than cons, so it get's a 9. No less, no more.
  13. Feb 2, 2014
    Good third part which was developed for the Wii. The control is optimal and the graphics just fine.
    A good conclusion to the trilogy.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
  14. Jan 8, 2014
    Easily one of the best games on the Wii and also one of the best looking ones by far. While not the most open world Prime game, this game has a great soundtrack, a good story, amazing visuals for the Wii, an almost unparalleled atmosphere of being alone in space and very clever puzzles. While not perfect, it's a must buy for any Wii owner as it's one of the best games on the system.
  15. May 3, 2015
    El juego es excelente, pero simplifica algunas mecanicas, es un poco mas "lineal" (pero con mucha exploración), algún bajón de fps pero sigue siendo lo mas alto de la saga Metroid, compra OBLIGATORIA si tenes una Wii o Wii U.
  16. Ian
    Sep 4, 2007
    Zelda was amazing, but the controls felt tacked on. Super Paper Mario was fun, but it was originality meant for the gamecube. Now we have Metroid prime 3 which is truly the game to prove the wii isn't just a gamecube with online features and motion controls. it has at least a dozen bosses, a long and entertaining adventure mode. (its fun just to throw your grabble bean like a whip Zelda was amazing, but the controls felt tacked on. Super Paper Mario was fun, but it was originality meant for the gamecube. Now we have Metroid prime 3 which is truly the game to prove the wii isn't just a gamecube with online features and motion controls. it has at least a dozen bosses, a long and entertaining adventure mode. (its fun just to throw your grabble bean like a whip and tear shields and tear weaker enemies to bits!) with the best FPS controls so far, and excellent use of the wii's graphics which are much better than the last two MP games and maybe even halo 2. It even has voice acting, and its pretty good too! and even with 3 different difficulty settings, (one has to be unlocked) the game never feels frustrating. (don't listen to Jared C. he's lying) There is problems with loading time, which feels like forever sometimes, and the lack of online play is a disappointment, its still not enough to lower the score of the game to a 9. It also has a sort of halo feel, but thats a good thing and its still plays like a metroid game a MUST needed title for the hardcore. and people who are interested in playing a first person game. Expand
  17. JeffZ.
    Dec 4, 2007
    The best controlling first person shooter I have played to date. Wonderful graphics, plus the Metrod feel make this a must buy game.
  18. BartB.
    Oct 7, 2007
    The best shooter I've played in ages. The controls, where you lock onto a baddie but can aim off of it to hit others, don
  19. SimonG.
    Aug 29, 2007
    Geez it's about time a great games comes out on the Wii. Apart from "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" and "Resident Evil 4" there wasn't much epic and deep games on the console yet. Of course there are a few good mini-games compilations (Rayman Raving Rabbids, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves) and average games that were still worth playing (Red Steel and Excite Trucks), but now Geez it's about time a great games comes out on the Wii. Apart from "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" and "Resident Evil 4" there wasn't much epic and deep games on the console yet. Of course there are a few good mini-games compilations (Rayman Raving Rabbids, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves) and average games that were still worth playing (Red Steel and Excite Trucks), but now with "Metroid Prime 3: Corruption" we finally have something else that gets us involved into. I never played the first two Prime in the series, but I figured that I give this one a chance. I was looking for a good action game, more than a Metroid one. The gameplay (action and controls) simply blew me away and I was charmed by the storyline immediately. I strongly recommend this game for any FPS fan looking for more than just shooting, no matter if you're into the series or not. This game really deserves the FPA (first person adventure) title. Expand
  20. G-RadAndrew
    Sep 3, 2007
    This game is for definitely more mature people who know how to get out of situations that involve scanning different objects. It's really difficult and smart as it is ruthless. Sure it's extremely fun, but just trying to get to the next level can be usually difficult for some teenagers. Though the graphics for this game is amazing and spectacular. The gunfire shootings and pack This game is for definitely more mature people who know how to get out of situations that involve scanning different objects. It's really difficult and smart as it is ruthless. Sure it's extremely fun, but just trying to get to the next level can be usually difficult for some teenagers. Though the graphics for this game is amazing and spectacular. The gunfire shootings and pack in forth laser battles are somewhat unrealistic but really fun and exciting. At first you're in a space ship using the controls which was really neat and interesting. It's also very thrilling including in the main titles before you reach the main menu screen. This game is definitely enjoyable once you finally get the hang of it, you start smiling and become obsessed. A little over the top, but it was magnificent. You actually feel like your there in the battle inside the game being Samus. I remember I was facing the first boss and I was walking around the room trying to beat the bad guy. It's really a true and pure masterpiece. Expand
  21. KevinR.
    Sep 4, 2007
    The beautiful conclusion to one of the best series in all of gaming, Metroid Prime 3 incorporates the best shooter control scheme ever into its already tried and true format. There is not a single complaint I have with the game.
  22. RobC.
    Nov 12, 2007
    From what i've played so far, it definately lives up to the fan expectations. Just like your nintendo big dogs, like zelda and mario. They progress and are still classic amazing games to date. If you've come to this game new and thought "this aint for me" well you'll have ahd to have grown up with the series as a child to know the true feeling you get from these games. They From what i've played so far, it definately lives up to the fan expectations. Just like your nintendo big dogs, like zelda and mario. They progress and are still classic amazing games to date. If you've come to this game new and thought "this aint for me" well you'll have ahd to have grown up with the series as a child to know the true feeling you get from these games. They still know how to make games. Expand
  23. ScottW.
    Nov 23, 2007
    This game is absolutly top notch. Barely a flaw to be seen, it's amazing how genius artisitc direction can make up for lack of HD graphics any day. The game is a little more shooty than the other prime games, and perhaps a little less adventury, but it's still the best game on Wii so far and should not be missed by anyway. The motion controls are far from gimmicky, making things This game is absolutly top notch. Barely a flaw to be seen, it's amazing how genius artisitc direction can make up for lack of HD graphics any day. The game is a little more shooty than the other prime games, and perhaps a little less adventury, but it's still the best game on Wii so far and should not be missed by anyway. The motion controls are far from gimmicky, making things like tearing enemies shields off and unlocking combination locks all the more interactive. Expand
  24. CarlosM.
    Oct 30, 2007
    I'm sure this game is not perfect, but it is truly hard to find anything this game does wrong. I don't know why people is giving this game such low scores. I give it a 10 because i think it's closer to it than a 9. I think this game should be played by anyone that thinks that FPS are all the same, this one is not, this one is better in my opinion. It even makes worth buying I'm sure this game is not perfect, but it is truly hard to find anything this game does wrong. I don't know why people is giving this game such low scores. I give it a 10 because i think it's closer to it than a 9. I think this game should be played by anyone that thinks that FPS are all the same, this one is not, this one is better in my opinion. It even makes worth buying a Wii just for this one game, it's that good, so.... do it! Expand
  25. RobertH.
    Aug 29, 2007
    Petty nit pickigns aside (i wish I could turn faster), this game is flat out fantastic. A must buy for any Wii owner
  26. TroyB.
    Aug 29, 2007
    This game is epic in scope and features impressive graphics and gameplay. The control. is precise and the game is a must-own.
  27. AdamD.
    Aug 29, 2007
    One day down... and this game is stunning visually and through the way it controls. Although the graphics are not up to par with the X360 or PS3, the art direction in this game is unparralled (The only game that comes close this year is Bioshock... another GOTY candidate). In addition, with the new Wii controls, I am finally enjoying a console FPS. Props to Retro and props to Nintendo. One day down... and this game is stunning visually and through the way it controls. Although the graphics are not up to par with the X360 or PS3, the art direction in this game is unparralled (The only game that comes close this year is Bioshock... another GOTY candidate). In addition, with the new Wii controls, I am finally enjoying a console FPS. Props to Retro and props to Nintendo. Good to see old enemies rearing thir big brainy heads. Expand
  28. GrahamA.
    Aug 29, 2007
    I would not call it perfect but it is closer to 10 than a 9. Controls worked great and it is the first game that looks like it should visually on the wii.
  29. RahulS.
    Aug 30, 2007
    Amazing game ont the wii that 360 and PS people should be jealous for. This game is o good, and the graphics are BEAUTIFUL!! they have graphics comparable to bioshock.
  30. RonR.
    Aug 31, 2007
    The most incredible control in any game I have ever played! Incredibly exciting and immersive. Any game that makes me think about it while I'm not even playing it is a great game in my books!
  31. Sammy
    Aug 30, 2007
    Absolutely stunning. This game well deserves this 10. The visuals amaze, but it's the gameplay that brings the series to a whole new level. On the advanced sensitivity, the controls feel unbelievably intuitive and natural. Other motion controlled mechanics such as grappling and pulling levers work wonders as well. the game isn't just a straight up shooter, it's a full scale Absolutely stunning. This game well deserves this 10. The visuals amaze, but it's the gameplay that brings the series to a whole new level. On the advanced sensitivity, the controls feel unbelievably intuitive and natural. Other motion controlled mechanics such as grappling and pulling levers work wonders as well. the game isn't just a straight up shooter, it's a full scale adventure. Other shooters like Halo or Unreal could learn from this. It's about time a game in this genre does something unique. Expand
  32. Mike
    Sep 1, 2007
    Love this game, brings back a few old bosses, great gameplay and smooth precise control, easy to master. 10/10!!
  33. BrendanC.
    Sep 1, 2007
    Awsome, beat the game in normal difficulty with 100%. Only complaints is too short. Incredible ending to incredible series. Metroid Prime: 9.8/10 Metroid Prime 2 : 9.5/10 Metroid Prime 3: 9.6/10 Overall Series Review: 9.9/10 Reason: when have you ever played a game series where everygame is worthy of a 9.5/10 or higher. Best first person single player series ever.
  34. RichardH.
    Sep 14, 2007
    Im 30 hours in and still have a while to play, and loving every second of it. This game is creative. Its clever. Its fun. It the greatest use of the Wiimote and Nunchuck. And, graphically, it gives 360 a big run for its money. May I add that, the "morph ball" element of this game is so amazing. If I could give it a 20 out of 10, I would.
  35. DylanS.
    Sep 2, 2007
    This is posibly the best wii game i have ever played it has perfect controls and amazing graphics. by far the best shooter game nintendo has ever made keep up the good work.
  36. Tupac
    Sep 2, 2007
    This was the first metroid game i ever played and i loved it. It's pretty much zelda with a gun. Same type of puzzle solving and whatnot. It's great.
  37. RayX
    Sep 27, 2007
    Simply on of the best game of 2007. Perfect controls, awesome Level design, with a game design faithful to the series.
  38. MikaR.
    Sep 5, 2007
    They nailed the story, gameplay, controls and graphics/sound. Best game on the Wii yet (or any other next-gen system).
  39. AdamF.
    Sep 6, 2007
    Can't believe this game only got a 91 so far. Seriously, Corruption is one of the best games ever made. Thanks to the art direction and use of lighting, the graphics are the best the Wii has seen, and the new FPS controlles will make any hardcore shooter fan want to get a Wii. Who cares if it is basically the same as its predecessors? Its practically flawless.
  40. MaxR.
    Sep 8, 2007
    This game should not be ranked as second best on the Wii. A 91 does not even begin to describe the quality of Metroid Prime 3. The Metroid series has always been great but the first time they ever did something radically different was when they brought the series into 3D. This game goes out there and does many things that people just weren't expecting from a Metroid game. They This game should not be ranked as second best on the Wii. A 91 does not even begin to describe the quality of Metroid Prime 3. The Metroid series has always been great but the first time they ever did something radically different was when they brought the series into 3D. This game goes out there and does many things that people just weren't expecting from a Metroid game. They included voice acting which is a first for the series and also a first for Nintendo. Although there are many games that are superb on the Wii, Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, Resident Evil 4, they all began life on the Gamecube. Metroid Prime 3 is the first true Wii game. It was built from the ground up for the Wii and helps remind you what exactly you got your Wii for. For magnificent gameplay experiences like this. There are three control sensitivity settings, but the advanced setting is really the way to go. After the first level with that setting you'll be taking out enemies in no time. The game also features something called Lock-on Free-aim. This allows you to lock on to a target, but still be able to aim anywhere you want while the locked on target becomes your strafe point. You can also turn it off if you just want your shots to shoot what you're locked on to. This is roughly a twenty hour adventure and i loved every second of it. This is the one true Wii game out there. It is THE reason to own a Wii and the reason to pick one up if you haven't already. It proves that an FPS-style game can be done on a Wii if the developer just steps it up. I can not see this game as deserving anything less than a perfect 10. Expand
  41. JonathanA
    Feb 19, 2008
    My least favorite of the Metroid Prime trilogy, despite some refinements in the design of the game that I think are worthwhile. The action is improved. Using the wii remote to interact directly with the world and in fights feels great. I also liked the stacking upgrades instead of how you collected and switched between them in the other two games. But Corruption also leaves behind a lot My least favorite of the Metroid Prime trilogy, despite some refinements in the design of the game that I think are worthwhile. The action is improved. Using the wii remote to interact directly with the world and in fights feels great. I also liked the stacking upgrades instead of how you collected and switched between them in the other two games. But Corruption also leaves behind a lot of what made Metroid appealing to me in the two previous games. This game never maintains the same feeling of being lost in a vast alien world as the other two entries did. Instead you fly around to numerous locations and it gives the game a much more compact feel, ironically, despite it stretching to multiple planets. It's a shame because each of these alien worlds features spectacular art direction and I longed to be free to immerse myself more fully in their landscapes. Corruption establishes itself at the very beginning as an action-first game, which I imagine will appeal to a broader audience but also makes it less original and that much less of a true Metroid game. You practically stumble upon upgrades instead of exploring and figuring out puzzles to find them. I found nothing special in the morph ball puzzles or in the boss battles....which I thought were TERRIBLE, with the single exception of the first free-fall fight with Ridley. Also, you are absolutely not alone on this adventure, which I think may be what truly robs Corruption of a lot of its atmosphere. You're given orders from higher ups in the military, making Samus out to be a hero for the goodguys instead of a lone vigilant exploring lost regions of space...at times, I felt like Retro Studios was really trying to make Samus to be more of a Master Chief sort of hero. Let Samus be Samus. She feels out of place when leading troops and taking part in military meetings. Expand
  42. SimonY
    Feb 26, 2008
    8.5. If your hoping for a Nintendo version of halo, be disapointed.This game is not a shoot 'em up, it's more like a first person version of Zelda(which is an extremely good thing), with guns (but the guns are actually quite poor). The game is completely immersive if you actually play for a couple of hours, and i know its a cliche, but the controls make you feel like you are in 8.5. If your hoping for a Nintendo version of halo, be disapointed.This game is not a shoot 'em up, it's more like a first person version of Zelda(which is an extremely good thing), with guns (but the guns are actually quite poor). The game is completely immersive if you actually play for a couple of hours, and i know its a cliche, but the controls make you feel like you are in the game. Problems include a very childish, cliched storyline about a galactic federation who are attacked by "space pirates" who sabotage their supercomputers which are powered by living spirits. Although in some parts, it can look like a poor 360 game, it also exposes the technical limitations of the wii, with enemies flashing red to indicate a hit, an=nd a lot of glitches, and environments you can't stand on. But despite this it is a very enjoyable game if given a proper chance, but is overated and not one of Nintendos best games ever. It seems Nintendo can't do FPS like everyone else, but instead create a new genre. Expand
  43. brik
    Mar 8, 2008
    Very great, not as special as the last two though. more combat, sharper graphics, faster overall pacing, and the presence of friendlies instead of being all alone combine for a less atmospheric game. Can it be a better game technically but a weaker, less memorable experience? I suppose so since that's what it is.
  44. ConorL.
    May 4, 2008
    Don't listen to the above or below 0/10 He's just rating it like that because he's a fanboy. This game is great. The controls, the music, even the wii's graphics are fully utilised. The gameplay is captivating and interesting. It makes a great change for the Metroid Franchise, let's hope that the next one is just as good.
  45. AlexR.
    Jul 24, 2008
    Metroid Prime 3 is easily the most beautiful game out yet for the Wii. The controlles take full advantage of the Wii's injinuity and the overall control is perfect. The new features that faltered MP2's experiance have been thrown out of MP3 and even ones that weren't taken out were improved on greatly. The few downsides I saw in the game was that you only have one beam type Metroid Prime 3 is easily the most beautiful game out yet for the Wii. The controlles take full advantage of the Wii's injinuity and the overall control is perfect. The new features that faltered MP2's experiance have been thrown out of MP3 and even ones that weren't taken out were improved on greatly. The few downsides I saw in the game was that you only have one beam type that upgrades as you progress (2D Metroid style anyone?) and a few times there would be a few quite tough moments. Aside from the two this had the most interesting storyline yet in the Prime series. Like Metroid Prime first came out this is a must buy for the Wii. Expand
  46. rawrog
    Oct 27, 2007
    i have been playing almost all the metroid games and i can honestly say that this is one of the best in the series. sure there are few flaws there and here like the slow opening doors, and story my not get you in to the game as much as the other prime gmaes, but this is really one of the best metriod and wii game out now. so go buy it already, its worth your money
  47. BenY.
    Oct 29, 2007
    Perfect ending to Metroid Prime. Gears of War, Halo 3, Bioshock, . . . those games don't deserve their high ratings. This game is Underrated! The design of each world, and just the intuition of making each planet it's own idea, and it's own culture was, INCREDIBLE! There are soo many things to enjoy about this game. First off the Wii remote is all but perfected! I love it, Perfect ending to Metroid Prime. Gears of War, Halo 3, Bioshock, . . . those games don't deserve their high ratings. This game is Underrated! The design of each world, and just the intuition of making each planet it's own idea, and it's own culture was, INCREDIBLE! There are soo many things to enjoy about this game. First off the Wii remote is all but perfected! I love it, coming from Red Steel(Wii launch FPS) the controls are much more, . .well, under control. I love a game where I get to do puzzles by physically doing the movement I see on the screen. The characters are likable, Samus is awesome, and the whole plot is knitted perfectly together with no holes, or room for improvement. And unlike it's predecessors there is little to no backtracking. Yeah, so it didn't take me as long to beat it, but I enjoyed more than any of the other Metroid Games! Bravo Nintendo, you got a 10 from me!!! I look forward to the next Metroid. Expand
  48. RichM.
    Aug 28, 2007
    The new control scheme works flawlessly. all though i still prefer and mouse and keyboard, this comes really really close. Forget dual analog now. this is so much better. The gameplay is so much fun. it is non stop action. playing the game at veteran difficulty is enough for the majority of gamers out there. some complain saying the game is easy. for me, veteran is the way to play and it The new control scheme works flawlessly. all though i still prefer and mouse and keyboard, this comes really really close. Forget dual analog now. this is so much better. The gameplay is so much fun. it is non stop action. playing the game at veteran difficulty is enough for the majority of gamers out there. some complain saying the game is easy. for me, veteran is the way to play and it has a bit of a challenge. the cinematics in the game go really well and add a lot of atmosphere to the game. if you own a wii, this is a must have title. Expand
    Aug 29, 2007
    Amazing game. I can't believe they got the controls down so well on this. It feels so natural and really shows that the Wii is unbelievably unique and here to stay.
  50. Aaace5
    Aug 29, 2007
    I just gotta say... It's kind of sad that two games (Zelda: TP, Resident Evil 4) originally made for the gamecube, rank higher that Metroid 3, which was created specifically for the Wii. Something's wrong with this picture? It's a cool game, but I won't be buying it! Have fun people.
  51. MC2009
    Aug 29, 2007
    So far, this is easily the best game in the series, and probably the best Adventure-FPS ever. The controls are smooth and tight, the gameplay is thrilling, and the environment and atmosphere are to die for - sometimes literally.
  52. VinnieD.
    Aug 29, 2007
    Great graphics, consistent controls, a good pace and appropriate difficulty make this the best Wii game yet, and possibly the best FPS available on any platform.
  53. ShawnL.
    Aug 31, 2007
    Strips down the Prime Series to its very core. Most of the frustration from the first two games is completly gone, leaving behind pure fun.
  54. AlricL.
    Aug 30, 2007
    What a game! I played Prime 1 and Echoes and enjoyed them very much. The added Wii controls and better graphics makes Corruption even better overall. I can't believe the Variety review!
  55. DausO.
    Aug 30, 2007
    I guess I was expecting more.. but Ive only just begun the game really. So far it is way more in depth, cinematics are an improvement, but I feel like its just all too familiar. Its still a must play but can get monotonous. I am waiting patiently for a completely new Metroid.
  56. DaveE.
    Aug 31, 2007
    I can move in one direction, look in a second, and shoot in a third. On a console. And it fells natural to do so. Enough said?
  57. fojackv
    Aug 31, 2007
    Great game, my real rate is 9.5. The controls are excellent, graphics great considering for the Wii, the best looking game on Wii; voice acting, puzzles, bosses. Highly recommended, Buy it, play it, enjoy it.
  58. BrockJ.
    Aug 31, 2007
    The final in the trilogy is by far the best. The wiimote controls are smoother than any other game out there and fixed the problem with turning in a game like Red Steel. New interaction with people and other hunters, the view from inside the ship, travelling to other planets and great new weapons lead to the nintendo game of the year if not ever. It was worth the wait. If you are a fan of The final in the trilogy is by far the best. The wiimote controls are smoother than any other game out there and fixed the problem with turning in a game like Red Steel. New interaction with people and other hunters, the view from inside the ship, travelling to other planets and great new weapons lead to the nintendo game of the year if not ever. It was worth the wait. If you are a fan of Metroid games, or even action-adventure games, this is definitely a pick up for you. Expand
  59. CosS.
    Sep 1, 2007
    This is easily one of the best Wii games available and proof that the Wii controls are perfectly suited to FPS games. The art and lighting are superlative, and the combat is hugely improved from past Prime games. There are so many subtle touches that make this game stand out from bland modern shooters, in particular the grapple beam which has gone from being a mostly irrelevant item to This is easily one of the best Wii games available and proof that the Wii controls are perfectly suited to FPS games. The art and lighting are superlative, and the combat is hugely improved from past Prime games. There are so many subtle touches that make this game stand out from bland modern shooters, in particular the grapple beam which has gone from being a mostly irrelevant item to the star of the show. However, as a Metroid fanatic, there are many disappointing things about the game, including the many awful cut-scenes which are well below industry standard and showcase sophomoric writing and voice-acting. The game promises to reveal a lot about the Metroid universe but never really delivers, and the end-game begins to drag and gets boring. However, the middle third of this game stands alongside the best parts of the original Metroid Prime and make this game a must-play for any fans of Metroid or shooters. Expand
  60. SamJ.
    Sep 1, 2007
    This game is incredible ! Graphics are so good you think you're playing an XBOX 360 game. It's one of the best games on the Wii and is a must buy whether you have played Metroid games before or not.
  61. AdamO.
    Sep 14, 2007
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is a masterpiece. Screw the old method of playing shooters; MP3 refines everything about a shooter. The controls are the best shooter controls ever in a videogame; they represent real life shooting. Pointing and clicking is all it takes to be perfect. Also, there are some unbelievable weapons, like the grapple lasso, which can pull stuff to you, and also rip Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is a masterpiece. Screw the old method of playing shooters; MP3 refines everything about a shooter. The controls are the best shooter controls ever in a videogame; they represent real life shooting. Pointing and clicking is all it takes to be perfect. Also, there are some unbelievable weapons, like the grapple lasso, which can pull stuff to you, and also rip off enemy's shields. The new corruption element is pretty darn cool, too, as it makes you an ultra-powered monster hunter (not literally monster), which certain abilities. But here's the twist: Hypermode sucks up health, offering challenges and decisions. Some cool weapons are also Seeker Missle, which lets you charge up your missle and then shoot five mini-missles, and the Plasma Beam, which, of course, every Metroid fan should know of. Your ship also plays a big part in the game, with landing so you can upgrade your ship or save, with destroying things using missles, and others. Although some Star Fox-style space-shooting segments would have been nice, the ship command feature is pretty sweet. The graphics and enemy design are amazing, but the level design...OH MY GOD!!! The level design is the greatest I've ever seen in years, it's even better than Twilight Princess. There are some negatives in this game (sadly). The voice-acting sort of takes away that haunting feel of Metroid games. Other than that, run, don't walk, to your nearby game retail store, pick up a Wii, and pick up MP3 (and Twilight Princess). Expand
  62. JoeG.
    Sep 2, 2007
    Only an eight because the game gets boring if you play it for too long. But the controls are INCREDIBLE -- the best-playing console shooter I've ever played.
  63. KevinH.
    Sep 6, 2007
    Wow, one of the best games I have ever played. It just sucks you in and you want to keep playing. Not to mention, the controls are AMAZING! I hope this will be a model of what games are to be in the future.
  64. MarkR.
    Sep 7, 2007
    It would be actually a 8.5. The gameplay is excellent, great graphics and art direction, the only think I regret about is no online multiplayer or no multiplayer even at all. Overall, it's an awesome game, really.
  65. JerryS.
    Jan 2, 2008
    This is a great game, with a few major flaws. Graphics and controls are wonderful. Flaws are: (1). There is too wide a disparity between the difficulty of the gameplay, and the boss battles. My kids love playing the game, but are unable to beat the bosses, get frustrated, and stop playing the game. The boss battles are just too hard and tedious. There is no way to use any type of This is a great game, with a few major flaws. Graphics and controls are wonderful. Flaws are: (1). There is too wide a disparity between the difficulty of the gameplay, and the boss battles. My kids love playing the game, but are unable to beat the bosses, get frustrated, and stop playing the game. The boss battles are just too hard and tedious. There is no way to use any type of inginuity to kiil a boss quickly with an imaginative move. (2). Game designers should not use the "Save" feature as a game difficulty mechanism. Do they even realize how hard it is to get someone to quit playing to have dinner, do homework, or go to bed once they have several hours invested in play and have no way to save? A player should be allowed to save at any time, period. At least, make it a configurable feature and let the player decide. (3) The game is too scripted, with only one way to accomplish most tasks. Too many things need to be done in perfect order, and there are places where you can't even proceed unless you do something that may not be intuitive. A perfect example of this, is the "Destroy Western Generator" room. My kids reasoned that the anti-aircraft guns would damage their ship, so they did not think to call in a bombing run. But unless you have your ship do the run, all of the doors stay locked, and you just can't go anywhere. That's stupid. (4). More weapon variety is needed. I think the designers should play a couple of episodes of "Ratchet and Clank" to see how it should work. Expand
  66. MichaelM
    Jun 18, 2008
    The game was very original, for a Metroid game, but the issue is is that the game was just to easy and short. It can be beaten in 15 hours. Also several features seemed useless. Like the curruption mode, it was good but most of the abilities were useless(such as the curruption grapple you only use once). And the ships missles, pointless. They were on the right track on this, especiall The game was very original, for a Metroid game, but the issue is is that the game was just to easy and short. It can be beaten in 15 hours. Also several features seemed useless. Like the curruption mode, it was good but most of the abilities were useless(such as the curruption grapple you only use once). And the ships missles, pointless. They were on the right track on this, especiall with voice acting, but they just need to make it longer and more unique. Expand
  67. jackP
    Jul 16, 2008
    This is the most natural feeling game i have played on the nintendo. Others seem too detached and blocky, where this responds to your every need. The scanning system eases some of the level difficulty and the shooting system allows an accurate yet fast weapon. The ship interface is brilliant but could do with a little bit more reality added. The one flaw with with this game i think is the This is the most natural feeling game i have played on the nintendo. Others seem too detached and blocky, where this responds to your every need. The scanning system eases some of the level difficulty and the shooting system allows an accurate yet fast weapon. The ship interface is brilliant but could do with a little bit more reality added. The one flaw with with this game i think is the staged boss battles, which are easily done with the scanner. i'm not going to tell you how much i like this game because you can guess from the fact that i could play it quite easily for 6 hours straight! Expand
  68. DavidG.
    Jan 30, 2009
    This game is one of the few FPS's for Wii, I think they should make more FPS's for Wii. It is so realistic, you hold the wii remote and you point at the screen, do you can shoot, brilliant! The story is good aswell, so as graphics, but mainly the gameplay. You should try it with Wii Zapper and/or wiii remote, altough Wii Zapper was especially made for this.
  69. MichaelB.
    Nov 14, 2007
    A great game. Great controls, great graphics for Wii, and great level design. Excellent pacing. The atmosphere and music are good, but not quite up to Prime 1's standards aside from a few instances. The higher linearity in Corruption is a mixed bag, in my opinion, because while it kept the action going, it meant you only had to go back to each area once. Door loads somewhat A great game. Great controls, great graphics for Wii, and great level design. Excellent pacing. The atmosphere and music are good, but not quite up to Prime 1's standards aside from a few instances. The higher linearity in Corruption is a mixed bag, in my opinion, because while it kept the action going, it meant you only had to go back to each area once. Door loads somewhat frequently annoy. Still a fantastic game, enjoyable, immersive, and beautiful from start to finish. And Dan S., you're supposed to use the grapple beam to pull shields away. Expand
  70. KenG.
    Nov 19, 2007
    One of my favorite franchises gets another go in the 3D world, and Corruption ends the Prime Trilogy on a super high note. Retro and Nintendo does it again. I can't wait for whatever Retro does next since they're taking a break from the MP series.
  71. EmilS.
    Nov 19, 2007
    It's beautiful, demanding and perfectly controllable - one of the best first person action-adventures ever and a great end for the prime-series. I would give it a 9.5, because it has some minor issues, e.g. it's sometimes annoying to have to wait 5 seconds until a door opens. I am looking forward to seeing what Retro is doing next.
  72. ZombieW.
    Nov 25, 2007
    Finally a decent FPS for Wii. This game has amazing controls and beautiful graphics. The AI is good and the enemies come in wide varieties. Also, everyone loves the morph ball! This is a system mover for sure.
  73. MarkG.
    Dec 18, 2007
    A cornerstone of the joy to be found in Metroid games, Prime or no Prime, is the way in which the player acquires new abilities to manipulate past-trodden environments in new ways, opening up new areas and revealing further scope. This isn't utterly absent from Prime 3, but at times the game is simply far too linear for its title. As a result of the eschewed back-tracking the game A cornerstone of the joy to be found in Metroid games, Prime or no Prime, is the way in which the player acquires new abilities to manipulate past-trodden environments in new ways, opening up new areas and revealing further scope. This isn't utterly absent from Prime 3, but at times the game is simply far too linear for its title. As a result of the eschewed back-tracking the game feels smaller, and finishing it feels like less of an accomplishment. The environments, although beautiful, lack the colour palette and varying atmospheres found in the first Prime game. The exception, and the games saving grace, is the beautifully constructed 'Skytown' which, with its zip-wires and sky-bound morph ball tracks, is possibly the most jaw-droppingly ethereal area to be found in any Metroid game. It's pretty, polished and playable then, but in this long-time fans estimation, we need another Super Metroid. The DS is the perfect platform, so why not? Expand
  74. TobyO.
    Oct 23, 2007
    I'm kind of glad to see Metroid Prime go (if, in fact, this is the final chapter). While I love exploring, the amazing visual style (this has 360-quality graphics) and Samus with her arsenal; there's a lot to dislike. The backtracking is just as bad here, despite the smaller levels. The controls prove a Wii FPS can work, but lock-on is quite flawed. I also was unimpressed with I'm kind of glad to see Metroid Prime go (if, in fact, this is the final chapter). While I love exploring, the amazing visual style (this has 360-quality graphics) and Samus with her arsenal; there's a lot to dislike. The backtracking is just as bad here, despite the smaller levels. The controls prove a Wii FPS can work, but lock-on is quite flawed. I also was unimpressed with the story. I still played through the whole thing, but it left me slightly disappointed. Maybe that's because there are so many other top-notch FPS games out there (Bioshock, Halo 3, Orange Box). Expand
  75. HakanI.
    Aug 27, 2007
    This game really does bring a fresh experience to FPS...if this game was played on Playstation or Xbox with there standard controller, I would give it a 9/10.....but the Nintendo Wii controls make it a one of a kind masterpiece....best in the series.
  76. MattO.
    Aug 28, 2007
    From the phenomenal opening theme, to the epic heart-stopping combat, and the thought out and meaningful exploration, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption blesses Wii owners with one of the most fulfilling experiences in gaming history. The controls are spot-on, smooth, and rewarding. The voice acting is top-notch, and the environments are detailed and engaging. There is absolutely no excuse for From the phenomenal opening theme, to the epic heart-stopping combat, and the thought out and meaningful exploration, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption blesses Wii owners with one of the most fulfilling experiences in gaming history. The controls are spot-on, smooth, and rewarding. The voice acting is top-notch, and the environments are detailed and engaging. There is absolutely no excuse for you to not own this amazing title. You won't regret the purchase. 10/10. Expand
  77. DanA.
    Aug 28, 2007
    This game is incredible. I was very skeptical, but at the same time very hyped to see what it would be like. I first imagined Metroid Prime 2: Echoes with tacked on Wii controls. But make no mistake, this is a must buy for any fan of action/.adventure games, Wii owners, and Metroid fans alike. It's probably even superior to the original Metroid Prime.
  78. KyleF.
    Aug 29, 2007
    Perfect. Flawless. Wiimote works great. Visuals are amazing. This is the best game I've ever played.
  79. SteveM.
    Aug 29, 2007
    Metroid Prime 3 is one of those quality games that reminds us why Nintendo has been around as long as they have. This game is not only a solid adventure game with beautiful graphics, engrossing music and amazing level design, it's controls are ground breaking, and that fact should not be overlooked.
  80. Tony
    Aug 31, 2007
    This game is very good, it has good artistic graphics and the controls are pretty solid, although theres a steep learning curve, and some of the bosses arent that exciting, but a fun adventure-shooter.
  81. Chris?
    Aug 31, 2007
    This game is amazing, it has incredible gameplay, grafics and level design and by far the best metroid title to date. this game is a must have for the Nintendo Wii.
  82. AlexH.
    Sep 11, 2007
    This is a "10" in my book. I am pretty far into it, and it is immersive and addictive. The graphics are gorgeous, I think even by next-gen standards, but what makes it great are the gameplay and the storyline. I think this is the best title for the Wii out there, with the possible exception of Twillight Princess, and I now expect great things for shooters on the Wii in the future. I This is a "10" in my book. I am pretty far into it, and it is immersive and addictive. The graphics are gorgeous, I think even by next-gen standards, but what makes it great are the gameplay and the storyline. I think this is the best title for the Wii out there, with the possible exception of Twillight Princess, and I now expect great things for shooters on the Wii in the future. I can't compare the controls to BioShock (which, by all acounts, is an awesome game as well) because I haven't played it, but as an avid Halo 1 and 2 fan, I can honestly say the control set up here is better than those games. That's not to say they were bad; they were great, of course, but the control scheme here is just better. My only quibbles are just that some of the randomly generated creature fights get a little old, because they keep re-generating and are pretty easy to beat, and there are a few too many rooms that exist just to force you to jump or swing across a chasm (which gets pretty boring after awhile, both because suit upgrades make it easy and because you have to back-track at different points in the game). But those are minor quibbles, and doesn't stop it from a 10 rating. Expand
  83. Rinkusu
    Dec 13, 2008
    This was a great game, with excellent controls, but the difficulty of long play sessions due to the arm pain involved in aimining to shoot just makes the game alot more tedious and ulitmately detracts from the experince. Sorry, Retro, but the original Prime was the best in the series.
  84. Nov 13, 2011
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is a thrilling conclusion to the trilogy, the graphics are among the best on the console, and the point and shoot gameplay is mostly perfect, although this game won't soot everybody, and it lacks replay value, I suggest you buy this game.
  85. Jul 3, 2011
    Great port from the GameCube controller to the Wii controller. Once again, they put a lot of work into the game from the stunning visuals to the gameplay. I also like the controller options which helps balance out the more beginning players to the more professional gamers. But unfortunately, I did find the game to be really rough work with the Wii Motion, especially the Nunchuk.
  86. Jun 1, 2011
    An amazing game with new controls and features. The introduction of more of a plot kind of hurt the beginning of the game, but as soon as you leave Norin, the game begins to fit the usual Metroid mind space and isolation begins to fill in. As a fan of the series I must say the game is the easiest in the series and the shortest.
  87. Aug 5, 2013
    Metroid Prime 3 is one of the few reasons I'm glad I owned a Wii, what a breath taking experience. The Boss battles are definitely the set piece for this game and where some of the most fun I have had in a long time
  88. Sep 4, 2011
    This had got to be the best wii game in terms of graphics. If you are a person who finds games like this easy, well get ready for harder modes, because they have one of them available right from the start. The story line is amazing, and it is a great ending to the Metroid Prime Trilogy. But I have to admit that the final boss was a little easy, and could have been longer or harderThis had got to be the best wii game in terms of graphics. If you are a person who finds games like this easy, well get ready for harder modes, because they have one of them available right from the start. The story line is amazing, and it is a great ending to the Metroid Prime Trilogy. But I have to admit that the final boss was a little easy, and could have been longer or harder (considering it's the last in the Prime series). The Wii remote controls are amazingly precise, and it is hard to go back to regular controls after using wiimote-style controls. Overall, one of the best games for the Wii. Expand
  89. Sep 28, 2011
    Metroid Prime stunned audiences back in 2002 with some of the best visuals the gamecube had to offer, excellent gameplay, and an amazing story all in one bundle. Probably the best game for the gamecube. Metroid Prime 2 came out sometime thereafter and was good, but not nearly as good because the story just didn't quite fit. Now we have Metroid Prime 3: Corruption which has changed the MPMetroid Prime stunned audiences back in 2002 with some of the best visuals the gamecube had to offer, excellent gameplay, and an amazing story all in one bundle. Probably the best game for the gamecube. Metroid Prime 2 came out sometime thereafter and was good, but not nearly as good because the story just didn't quite fit. Now we have Metroid Prime 3: Corruption which has changed the MP formula a lot (both good and bad ways). So this review will probably take a little longer to plow through. Story wise, MP3 is back to form, in a way. It's not MP1 material (i.e. story takes a back seat setting up the scene and let's you figure it out as you go along). But it isn't bad. This game comes with its own cutscenes and I want to say this is the first game to include voice acting in the series. So Retro and Nintendo are really experimenting with the brand to see what sticks and what doesn't. While I'm not turned off by the voice acting addition, I feel like maybe they're trying to make Metroid more cinematic than it really needs to be. Why can't it be more akin to Half-Life where you stay in first person when the cutscenes take place, or is that asking for too much? But the story isn't bad. It takes elements from the first two games and explains them all so you know what the real problem has always been. You also have bounty hunter allies who, obviously, will turn on you later in the game. Which, I feel, is a bit short sighted on Nintendo's part. They could have been useful for universe expanding in future titles or multiplayer modes. Instead, they are just redshirts and nothing more. I especially liked Ghor's ability to meld with machinery because that's something I don't see every day. Metroid's and pirates play a much later role in this game than before (especially the pirates as you get to visit their homeworld). Ridley is back with a vengeance, making Samus reconsider the idea of a restraining order. And even Dark Samus is back because why the hell not? A lot is going on and you are the only phazon corrupted bounty hunter who doesn't go insane, so you have to do it all. Game play is different from previous games as this is on the Wii. and I feel like this is probably (to this day) the best FPS game the wii has to offer in terms of controls. It feels like a mouse-keyboard setup and that's probably the best way to have your FPS feel like so you can be more accurate. However, I feel like this game didn't try hard enough to challenge me. Unlike Prime 1 or 2, it took me only a weekend to beat it and I was on vacation with the family. If I found enough free time to pull it off then and still beat it, then the game is just too easy. But then I'm back to my MP1 complaint about the lack of a hard-mode from the get-go. The environments look better than ever and the variety of enemies (ranging from pirates, to lizards, to machines, to golems, and to other hunters) really gives the gameplay a lot of variety and also just makes it look far more appealing than shooting the same three or four dudes and bugs for three hours. I'd say that this isn't better than the first, but it overtakes the second. Metroid Prime 3 is probably one of the better games for the Wii and one of the better games overall. Worth buying it if you haven't yet. Expand
  90. Nov 20, 2011
    Ah Metroid, what an amazing series. Ever since the SNES days, I have loved this franchise and when I found out that Metroid was going 3-D with a new "Prime" printed afterwards, I was excited. And sure enough they managed to pull it off. Even things like the grappling hook which I initially thought they would butcher, they did perfectly. Truly one of the best video game franchises in theAh Metroid, what an amazing series. Ever since the SNES days, I have loved this franchise and when I found out that Metroid was going 3-D with a new "Prime" printed afterwards, I was excited. And sure enough they managed to pull it off. Even things like the grappling hook which I initially thought they would butcher, they did perfectly. Truly one of the best video game franchises in the market. I have played and enjoyed Metroid Prime and Prime 2: Echoes a lot. And now, this is my review of Metroid Prime 3: Gameplay: Amazing. It follows the same Metroid formula where you're in a first-person mode with you gun pointing out and pressing A to shoot. But with motion controls, the experience is better. With the Wii Remote, you can move the gun around in circles or in any other direction. It's as if the Wii Remote IS the gun itself and your Samus Aran shooting the pirates. It's a great experience. You can also go in your ship and play around with some of the features in it. However I just find myself going from one point to another with it. You can't control the ship, but it's still nice to see what's inside. The bosses are very challenging and very engaging. If you're new to the series, you will be in for one challenging adventure. Even me, being a veteran, found this game to be a tad difficult on easy mode. And on Hypermode...let's just good luck since this difficulty level really tests your skills. VERY challenging game. Throughout the game you get power-ups like the grappling hook and various different guns, and using these new power-ups is fun. 9.7/10 Story: Great. Quoted from metroid.wikia.com "After the events of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, the Galactic Federation contacts Samus Aran to investigate a malfunctioning network computer known as the Aurora Unit. The Federation believes the Space Pirates have infected the Aurora Unit with a virus. Subsequently, the Space Pirates attack one of the Federation's bases and begin to overrun the Federation's defenses. Samus, along with Bounty Hunters Ghor, Rundas, and Gandrayda, must work together to stop the siege, repair the Aurora Unit, and defeat enemies from the past game." The story is engaging and it's interesting listening to the dialog of the characters. 9/10 Music: Beautiful. Like the previous Prime games, the music will not disappoint. It is very well done and fits in with each scenario. The boss battles, like Rundas's theme or the classic Ridley theme, are truly breathtaking and make you want to slow down when fighting the bosses, just to hear these scores. My personal favorite track in this game is the Skytown music. Sometimes I find myself just turning the game on, flying to that place, and just relaxing as the music plays. The music gets a 10/10 Graphics: Amazing, especially for Wii standards. By improving the Prime 1 and 2 graphics a bit, Nintendo has created worlds that are beautiful and breathtaking. The cutscenes are nice and the overall look to the game is very inviting. 10/10 Characters and Voice acting: I liked the characters. The three other bounty hunters look very cool and have their own, unique powers. They accompany you on Norion to stop a meteorite from collapsing and then are later turned against you and gone to different locations because of Dark Samus. The fights with the other bounty hunters are amazing and challenging. And it is really sad to see them die at the hands of Dark Samus after you have defeated them. The aurora unit is a nice character that tells you what to do. But the one character that I cannot stand is Admiral Dane. His voice bugs me to no end. Yes, they have voice acting in this game, and for the most part it's not bad, but when it comes to Admiral Dane, it's just annoying. I don't know why, but I just can't stand him. 9/10 Overall, this game is marvelous. I recommend it to any gamer out there who is up for a first-person action/adventure game. Metroid fans will not be disappointed. Expand
  91. Feb 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If I could only have one video game for each system I own, this would definitely be the game I would choose for the Wii. Everything about it is amazing: the graphics are very high-quality, the controls are engaging, the plot is suspenseful, the enemies present a challenge, and the bosses have devastating attacks, including Rundas's ice hammer strike, which I still haven't figured out how to dodge, and I got past by just destroying as many of his ice balls as possible and getting health so that I don't die. Throughout the game, the thought that Samus is corrupted with Phazon and may turn dark, like the other bounty hunters did (i.e. Rundas) keeps me guessing throughout the game and brings in new aspects constantly, !SPOILER ALERT! like on Bryyo when you inject an energy tank to clear out the Phazon vines, and you suddenly start to overload on Phazon, and from that point forward it continues to happen whenever you inject an energy tank. !SPOILER ENDED! Expand
  92. Apr 23, 2012
    This game is awesome, good controls, good graphics and plot, but is not perfect like the first prime game. The new thing in this game is voice acting: some charachters voice are good, but others sucks. The new space ship is awesome and the new hyper-mode is nice.
  93. Apr 11, 2012
    great game i love metroid games........i also love metroid fusion,prime two echoes, prime hunters, and other m........people say that the wii sucks whats with that honestly....i think the wii has a chance against the xbox360 though....the wii though is liked a lot though.......people normally says that the wii doesnt have as great graphics.....yes sometimes that is true but they habe goodgreat game i love metroid games........i also love metroid fusion,prime two echoes, prime hunters, and other m........people say that the wii sucks whats with that honestly....i think the wii has a chance against the xbox360 though....the wii though is liked a lot though.......people normally says that the wii doesnt have as great graphics.....yes sometimes that is true but they habe good graphics thereal games nintendo makes themselves or the games they own.....also people complain how tje wii has poor shooting games.....yet there ok with a classic controller.....also unlike xbox360 and ps3 you can move around....yes sadly the wii isnt better then the ps3.....and the wii has gamecube on it for people who like to use regular controls......the last reason why everyone sys the wii sucks is because they dont have enough good games?!?......THATS A LIE...if your one of the xbox360 owners you have no room to talk you may have some of the greatest games but you only have halo games, fable trilogy, and call of duty games........here are some of the greatest games for the wii in my opinion......metroid prime 3 corruption...metroid other m...zelda twilight princess....mario kart....mario super sluggers....mario and sonic at tje winter olympics.....kirby retirn to dreamland....kirbys epic yarn....metroid prime 2 echoes....metroid prime....star fox assault....star fox adventures....metal gear the twin snakes....super smash bros brawl and melee....super mario bros wii...all the mario party games....all the mario galaxy games....donkey kong country return....thse are only my favorite tiles and they already out gun what the xbox360 has to offer....you know what i can say to you xbpx people that hate the wii here is some obvious compareing to do with these two systems....the xbox360 breaks easly and heats up....and the wii doesnt break as easily proof ive had my wii for almost four years and ive had zero pronlems and my wii still works lome brand new.....and also what you get on the wii you have to pay for on the xbox 360 such as the internet use the online connection etc......the wii and the xbox360 both hve downlodablw games however the wii offers gamecube to back it up as well.....my opinion of thewii...is its fun and worht the money......and some games are not childish just look at the game im rating....long live nintendo long live nintendo long live nintendo.....either ways im giving this game a 9 because i find myself bored fter beating this game a couple times........long live nintendo long live nintendo long live nintendo..... Expand
  94. Sep 17, 2013
    It takes back what the original made so great, since Prime 2 was a bit slower and weird, and adds great and unique controls. This is a gem only possible on Wii. Level design and concept is awesome. Boss battle and missions are memorable. If you had this game, you're a lucky gamer.
  95. Apr 25, 2013
    Just for the record i have no CoD or BF cause I hate fps but Metroid Prime makes me happy where i play it.It looks perfect has great controls and such a Good story
  96. Dec 22, 2012
    Given that I'm only allowed to rate games by increments of one, I gave this a 10 because it is closer to a 10 than a 9 IMO(I would personally give it around a 9.6 or so). Metroid Prime 3 is an incredible experience from start to finish, combining the series' signature elements of exploration and adventure with an easier to follow plot structure and some new characters. One of my favoriteGiven that I'm only allowed to rate games by increments of one, I gave this a 10 because it is closer to a 10 than a 9 IMO(I would personally give it around a 9.6 or so). Metroid Prime 3 is an incredible experience from start to finish, combining the series' signature elements of exploration and adventure with an easier to follow plot structure and some new characters. One of my favorite parts of Corruption is that it has several plot lines for you to follow. There is the main one, that concerns Dark Samus and her attempt to overrun the galaxy with Phazon, but there are also side stories that one can discover by the same scanning mechanic that was included in Prime and Echoes which allows for people to learn about planets that one visits and and the civilizations that lived there. You are given the choice as to whether you want to explore and find out more about these civilizations without missing out on the main plot of the game, which works very well.

Moving onto the gameplay, the Wii controls work wonders. While a lack of some extra buttons are noticeable at times, particularly in the selecting visors department, being able to point, aim, shoot, and turn so effortlessly is a dream come true. There is a learning curve to this, and you may wish that you had the old GC controls back for a while, but in the end, it works very well.

Hypermode is the other new addition to the game, and it allows for a lot of experimentation with gameplay. Particularly in the higher difficulties, you will have to learn how to manipulate its invincibility and corrupted states in order to survive, which allows for an added layer of strategy onto an already very cerebral adventure game.

Exploration and adventure are still out in front in this game, which means if you didn't like the original Prime, you won't like this one, either. If you did, or if you haven't played Prime but like games such as Okami, Zelda, or Darksiders, you'll definitely enjoy this.
  97. Jun 26, 2013
    Metroid Prime 3 is a great game to end of the Prime Trilogy. The graphics are slick and detailed, the planets are all unique and well designed, and the new control scheme is very intuitive. This is one of the few games that shows of the wii-mote's capabilities successfully, allowing for a point a shoot style of gameplay that works very well.

One very cool addition in the game was the

One very cool addition in the game was the inclusion of voice acting. It helps make the various characters you interact with more interesting while not intruding on the personality of Samus, as she still remains silent (cough cough OTHER M cough cough).

This really is a fantastic FPS and an excellent Metroid game. It's worth every penny.
  98. May 21, 2013
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is the best game in the Metroid Prime Series in terms of graphics, controls and music. And the story line is a very good way to end the Metroid Prime series. This is a must own, especially with Metroid fans.
  99. May 31, 2013
    This is a fantastic conclusion to the Metroid Prime series. Excellent gameplay, loveable new hunters and an intriguing story. This game even gives us creepy atmosphere almost like what Dead Space tried to do. Love this game, however I think it could've been a bit longer. Otherwise this game is a must play.
  100. Aug 7, 2013
    Metroid Prime 3 is one of the best games both the wii and the Metroid series has to offer. The game takes full advantage of the wii's motion controls and it works like a charm. The gameplay is your standard explore and investigate the planet Prime game. Except this time, the game has much more emphasis on shooting things and hyper- mode. Hyper mode is a state where Samus can use herMetroid Prime 3 is one of the best games both the wii and the Metroid series has to offer. The game takes full advantage of the wii's motion controls and it works like a charm. The gameplay is your standard explore and investigate the planet Prime game. Except this time, the game has much more emphasis on shooting things and hyper- mode. Hyper mode is a state where Samus can use her Phazon tanks to make her self much more powerful. This game also has three planets for you to explore, each one playing and feeling different. The games graphics are what you would expect from the prime series, amazing. The look of the P.E.D. suit looks very nice and the planets, especially Elysia are breathtaking. The story is that Samus must destroy these meteors called Leviathan seeds on each planet. It's a basic story but it is in no way bad. Overall though the games highlight is the gameplay. Scanning and exploring with the wii remote feels so much more immersive than a gamecube controller, and that is really saying something because the first two games were incredibly immersive. The only problem with this game is hyper mode, which makes the game to easy. This game is perfect if you are looking to get into the Metroid series and is a perfect game to start out with. Expand

1. Even with a low difficulty level, lackluster story and flawed unlockables, Metroid Prime 3 is certainly a must-play for Wii owners.
  2. A true gamer's game, a lovingly crafted science-fiction magnum opus, a showcase title not only for excellent motion controls but also stunning artwork that rivals anything in gaming.
  3. Proof that not all sequels are quick attempts to cash in; Corruption takes the already outstanding formula of the previous games and retools it into one of the most solid and rewarding experiences in years.