Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Wii

8.9

1. CarlosD.
    Oct 29, 2007
    Personally I hate FPS but metroid has changed my way of thinking, controls, interactiveness and non dizzyness 3D graphics has made this sport crazy fan..a first person fan!!!!
  2. JustinE.
    Sep 3, 2007
    The graphics are the best I've seen so far on the Wii, and the framerate is an amazing 60 fps. The story is really good and the controls are really smooth. I love the Metroid Prime series, but even people that have never played any of the games before would love this. Amazing game!!!
  3. RodneyM.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Simply amazing. it redifines the fps genre and the fpa genre too. the controls are spot on, the story rocks, it looks great, and the addition of full voice acting is the icing on the cake. a masterpiece. any wii gamer has to own this game.
  4. JesseS.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Best Wii Game yet. Best game on any platform that I've played in the last year. The shooting controls are perfect. The graphics are stunning. The sound is phenomenal. The puzzles are difficult, but I haven't run into one yet that I'd consider too hard. If you have a Wii, get this game. If you don't have a Wii, buy one ASAP.
  5. Jul 3, 2011
    Great port from the GameCube controller to the Wii controller. Once again, they put a lot of work into the game from the stunning visuals to the gameplay. I also like the controller options which helps balance out the more beginning players to the more professional gamers. But unfortunately, I did find the game to be really rough work with the Wii Motion, especially the Nunchuk.
  6. Jun 1, 2011
    An amazing game with new controls and features. The introduction of more of a plot kind of hurt the beginning of the game, but as soon as you leave Norin, the game begins to fit the usual Metroid mind space and isolation begins to fill in. As a fan of the series I must say the game is the easiest in the series and the shortest.
  7. Sep 4, 2011
    This had got to be the best wii game in terms of graphics. If you are a person who finds games like this easy, well get ready for harder modes, because they have one of them available right from the start. The story line is amazing, and it is a great ending to the Metroid Prime Trilogy. But I have to admit that the final boss was a little easy, and could have been longer or harderThis had got to be the best wii game in terms of graphics. If you are a person who finds games like this easy, well get ready for harder modes, because they have one of them available right from the start. The story line is amazing, and it is a great ending to the Metroid Prime Trilogy. But I have to admit that the final boss was a little easy, and could have been longer or harder (considering it's the last in the Prime series). The Wii remote controls are amazingly precise, and it is hard to go back to regular controls after using wiimote-style controls. Overall, one of the best games for the Wii. Expand
  8. Sep 28, 2011
    Metroid Prime stunned audiences back in 2002 with some of the best visuals the gamecube had to offer, excellent gameplay, and an amazing story all in one bundle. Probably the best game for the gamecube. Metroid Prime 2 came out sometime thereafter and was good, but not nearly as good because the story just didn't quite fit. Now we have Metroid Prime 3: Corruption which has changed the MPMetroid Prime stunned audiences back in 2002 with some of the best visuals the gamecube had to offer, excellent gameplay, and an amazing story all in one bundle. Probably the best game for the gamecube. Metroid Prime 2 came out sometime thereafter and was good, but not nearly as good because the story just didn't quite fit. Now we have Metroid Prime 3: Corruption which has changed the MP formula a lot (both good and bad ways). So this review will probably take a little longer to plow through. Story wise, MP3 is back to form, in a way. It's not MP1 material (i.e. story takes a back seat setting up the scene and let's you figure it out as you go along). But it isn't bad. This game comes with its own cutscenes and I want to say this is the first game to include voice acting in the series. So Retro and Nintendo are really experimenting with the brand to see what sticks and what doesn't. While I'm not turned off by the voice acting addition, I feel like maybe they're trying to make Metroid more cinematic than it really needs to be. Why can't it be more akin to Half-Life where you stay in first person when the cutscenes take place, or is that asking for too much? But the story isn't bad. It takes elements from the first two games and explains them all so you know what the real problem has always been. You also have bounty hunter allies who, obviously, will turn on you later in the game. Which, I feel, is a bit short sighted on Nintendo's part. They could have been useful for universe expanding in future titles or multiplayer modes. Instead, they are just redshirts and nothing more. I especially liked Ghor's ability to meld with machinery because that's something I don't see every day. Metroid's and pirates play a much later role in this game than before (especially the pirates as you get to visit their homeworld). Ridley is back with a vengeance, making Samus reconsider the idea of a restraining order. And even Dark Samus is back because why the hell not? A lot is going on and you are the only phazon corrupted bounty hunter who doesn't go insane, so you have to do it all. Game play is different from previous games as this is on the Wii. and I feel like this is probably (to this day) the best FPS game the wii has to offer in terms of controls. It feels like a mouse-keyboard setup and that's probably the best way to have your FPS feel like so you can be more accurate. However, I feel like this game didn't try hard enough to challenge me. Unlike Prime 1 or 2, it took me only a weekend to beat it and I was on vacation with the family. If I found enough free time to pull it off then and still beat it, then the game is just too easy. But then I'm back to my MP1 complaint about the lack of a hard-mode from the get-go. The environments look better than ever and the variety of enemies (ranging from pirates, to lizards, to machines, to golems, and to other hunters) really gives the gameplay a lot of variety and also just makes it look far more appealing than shooting the same three or four dudes and bugs for three hours. I'd say that this isn't better than the first, but it overtakes the second. Metroid Prime 3 is probably one of the better games for the Wii and one of the better games overall. Worth buying it if you haven't yet. Expand
  9. May 18, 2012
    Wow, do I ever love this game! The art design is transcendent, transporting the player to beautiful,
    wondrous worlds that feel truly alien and unique.Combat is awesome---- strategic, precise, and deep.
    Oh, those boss fights!! As you progress, scanning lore deepens a compelling story that unfolds in unexpected and unforgettable ways.Finally and maybe most importantly, I really like the
    unexpected and unforgettable ways.Finally and maybe most importantly, I really like the refreshingly
    cerebral quality of this game; it constantly challenges you to think, analyze, and solve its myriad
    puzzles and mysteries. One of my all-time favorites. Retro, you gotta make another one!
  10. Feb 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If I could only have one video game for each system I own, this would definitely be the game I would choose for the Wii. Everything about it is amazing: the graphics are very high-quality, the controls are engaging, the plot is suspenseful, the enemies present a challenge, and the bosses have devastating attacks, including Rundas's ice hammer strike, which I still haven't figured out how to dodge, and I got past by just destroying as many of his ice balls as possible and getting health so that I don't die. Throughout the game, the thought that Samus is corrupted with Phazon and may turn dark, like the other bounty hunters did (i.e. Rundas) keeps me guessing throughout the game and brings in new aspects constantly, !SPOILER ALERT! like on Bryyo when you inject an energy tank to clear out the Phazon vines, and you suddenly start to overload on Phazon, and from that point forward it continues to happen whenever you inject an energy tank. !SPOILER ENDED! Expand
  11. Dec 22, 2012
    Given that I'm only allowed to rate games by increments of one, I gave this a 10 because it is closer to a 10 than a 9 IMO(I would personally give it around a 9.6 or so). Metroid Prime 3 is an incredible experience from start to finish, combining the series' signature elements of exploration and adventure with an easier to follow plot structure and some new characters. One of my favoriteGiven that I'm only allowed to rate games by increments of one, I gave this a 10 because it is closer to a 10 than a 9 IMO(I would personally give it around a 9.6 or so). Metroid Prime 3 is an incredible experience from start to finish, combining the series' signature elements of exploration and adventure with an easier to follow plot structure and some new characters. One of my favorite parts of Corruption is that it has several plot lines for you to follow. There is the main one, that concerns Dark Samus and her attempt to overrun the galaxy with Phazon, but there are also side stories that one can discover by the same scanning mechanic that was included in Prime and Echoes which allows for people to learn about planets that one visits and and the civilizations that lived there. You are given the choice as to whether you want to explore and find out more about these civilizations without missing out on the main plot of the game, which works very well.

Moving onto the gameplay, the Wii controls work wonders. While a lack of some extra buttons are noticeable at times, particularly in the selecting visors department, being able to point, aim, shoot, and turn so effortlessly is a dream come true. There is a learning curve to this, and you may wish that you had the old GC controls back for a while, but in the end, it works very well.

Hypermode is the other new addition to the game, and it allows for a lot of experimentation with gameplay. Particularly in the higher difficulties, you will have to learn how to manipulate its invincibility and corrupted states in order to survive, which allows for an added layer of strategy onto an already very cerebral adventure game.

Exploration and adventure are still out in front in this game, which means if you didn't like the original Prime, you won't like this one, either. If you did, or if you haven't played Prime but like games such as Okami, Zelda, or Darksiders, you'll definitely enjoy this.
  12. May 1, 2014
    Controls are fantastic. Another one knocked out of the park for the greatest video game franchise of all time. It's a shame I don't give 10s. This is a 9.5, though.
  13. Oct 20, 2013
    Metroid Prime 3 Corruption is the best Wii game. It is incredibly atmospheric and immersive, with well designed areas that make for amazing exploration. It is filled with lore that is interesting to read, ups the replay value and makes the series universe more interesting. The boss fights are a definite high point as they are all challenging but not frustrating and are just plain fun.Metroid Prime 3 Corruption is the best Wii game. It is incredibly atmospheric and immersive, with well designed areas that make for amazing exploration. It is filled with lore that is interesting to read, ups the replay value and makes the series universe more interesting. The boss fights are a definite high point as they are all challenging but not frustrating and are just plain fun. This game is a must-have for all Wii owners. Expand
  14. Apr 10, 2015
    Without a doubt my favorite of the trilogy with prime 1 coming in very close at second. I found the motion controls very easy to get used to and the story was fantastic. An absolutely great way to end the prime trilogy.
  15. Jan 4, 2011

Metroid Prime (Trilogy)
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Resident Evil 4
    Tetris DS
    Words with Friends (Scrabble)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mike Tysonâ
  16. DiegoM.
    Aug 30, 2007
    This game proves all the power of the Wii Console, from the stunning visuals and art direction, to the perfect controls. Metroid Prime 3 simply rocks.
  17. Apr 27, 2011
    9.5/10 = Incredible = The weakest prime game, and that says nothing seeing as the others are pure brilliance. This is a very great action game that gives the franchise an amazing send off. Love the amount of epic boss battles and addictiction level here as well, very Metroid.
  18. Nov 5, 2011
    Honestly, it doesn't feel as polished as 2 and 1 were, but it's still very fun to play. Some areas are definitely boring, and the game could do without voice acting. New hunters are very cool, story is also good. Controls are top notch again, feel very precise. Graphically, it pushes the Wii very far, it's one of those games that doesn't feel like it's trying too hard to be visuallyHonestly, it doesn't feel as polished as 2 and 1 were, but it's still very fun to play. Some areas are definitely boring, and the game could do without voice acting. New hunters are very cool, story is also good. Controls are top notch again, feel very precise. Graphically, it pushes the Wii very far, it's one of those games that doesn't feel like it's trying too hard to be visually impressive. (Unlike The Conduit.)
    Lore is a bit weaker, but it's still very interesting. Definitely a good closeup for the Prime series. Has more pros than cons, so it get's a 9. No less, no more.
  19. Feb 2, 2014
    Good third part which was developed for the Wii. The control is optimal and the graphics just fine.
    A good conclusion to the trilogy.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
  20. Jan 8, 2014
    Easily one of the best games on the Wii and also one of the best looking ones by far. While not the most open world Prime game, this game has a great soundtrack, a good story, amazing visuals for the Wii, an almost unparalleled atmosphere of being alone in space and very clever puzzles. While not perfect, it's a must buy for any Wii owner as it's one of the best games on the system.
  21. May 3, 2015
    El juego es excelente, pero simplifica algunas mecanicas, es un poco mas "lineal" (pero con mucha exploración), algún bajón de fps pero sigue siendo lo mas alto de la saga Metroid, compra OBLIGATORIA si tenes una Wii o Wii U.
  22. Ian
    Sep 4, 2007
    Zelda was amazing, but the controls felt tacked on. Super Paper Mario was fun, but it was originality meant for the gamecube. Now we have Metroid prime 3 which is truly the game to prove the wii isn't just a gamecube with online features and motion controls. it has at least a dozen bosses, a long and entertaining adventure mode. (its fun just to throw your grabble bean like a whip Zelda was amazing, but the controls felt tacked on. Super Paper Mario was fun, but it was originality meant for the gamecube. Now we have Metroid prime 3 which is truly the game to prove the wii isn't just a gamecube with online features and motion controls. it has at least a dozen bosses, a long and entertaining adventure mode. (its fun just to throw your grabble bean like a whip and tear shields and tear weaker enemies to bits!) with the best FPS controls so far, and excellent use of the wii's graphics which are much better than the last two MP games and maybe even halo 2. It even has voice acting, and its pretty good too! and even with 3 different difficulty settings, (one has to be unlocked) the game never feels frustrating. (don't listen to Jared C. he's lying) There is problems with loading time, which feels like forever sometimes, and the lack of online play is a disappointment, its still not enough to lower the score of the game to a 9. It also has a sort of halo feel, but thats a good thing and its still plays like a metroid game a MUST needed title for the hardcore. and people who are interested in playing a first person game. Collapse
  23. JeffZ.
    Dec 4, 2007
    The best controlling first person shooter I have played to date. Wonderful graphics, plus the Metrod feel make this a must buy game.
  24. BartB.
    Oct 7, 2007
    The best shooter I've played in ages. The controls, where you lock onto a baddie but can aim off of it to hit others, don
  25. SimonG.
    Aug 29, 2007
    Geez it's about time a great games comes out on the Wii. Apart from "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" and "Resident Evil 4" there wasn't much epic and deep games on the console yet. Of course there are a few good mini-games compilations (Rayman Raving Rabbids, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves) and average games that were still worth playing (Red Steel and Excite Trucks), but now Geez it's about time a great games comes out on the Wii. Apart from "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" and "Resident Evil 4" there wasn't much epic and deep games on the console yet. Of course there are a few good mini-games compilations (Rayman Raving Rabbids, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves) and average games that were still worth playing (Red Steel and Excite Trucks), but now with "Metroid Prime 3: Corruption" we finally have something else that gets us involved into. I never played the first two Prime in the series, but I figured that I give this one a chance. I was looking for a good action game, more than a Metroid one. The gameplay (action and controls) simply blew me away and I was charmed by the storyline immediately. I strongly recommend this game for any FPS fan looking for more than just shooting, no matter if you're into the series or not. This game really deserves the FPA (first person adventure) title. Expand
  26. G-RadAndrew
    Sep 3, 2007
    This game is for definitely more mature people who know how to get out of situations that involve scanning different objects. It's really difficult and smart as it is ruthless. Sure it's extremely fun, but just trying to get to the next level can be usually difficult for some teenagers. Though the graphics for this game is amazing and spectacular. The gunfire shootings and pack This game is for definitely more mature people who know how to get out of situations that involve scanning different objects. It's really difficult and smart as it is ruthless. Sure it's extremely fun, but just trying to get to the next level can be usually difficult for some teenagers. Though the graphics for this game is amazing and spectacular. The gunfire shootings and pack in forth laser battles are somewhat unrealistic but really fun and exciting. At first you're in a space ship using the controls which was really neat and interesting. It's also very thrilling including in the main titles before you reach the main menu screen. This game is definitely enjoyable once you finally get the hang of it, you start smiling and become obsessed. A little over the top, but it was magnificent. You actually feel like your there in the battle inside the game being Samus. I remember I was facing the first boss and I was walking around the room trying to beat the bad guy. It's really a true and pure masterpiece. Expand
  27. KevinR.
    Sep 4, 2007
    The beautiful conclusion to one of the best series in all of gaming, Metroid Prime 3 incorporates the best shooter control scheme ever into its already tried and true format. There is not a single complaint I have with the game.
  28. RobC.
    Nov 12, 2007
    From what i've played so far, it definately lives up to the fan expectations. Just like your nintendo big dogs, like zelda and mario. They progress and are still classic amazing games to date. If you've come to this game new and thought "this aint for me" well you'll have ahd to have grown up with the series as a child to know the true feeling you get from these games. They From what i've played so far, it definately lives up to the fan expectations. Just like your nintendo big dogs, like zelda and mario. They progress and are still classic amazing games to date. If you've come to this game new and thought "this aint for me" well you'll have ahd to have grown up with the series as a child to know the true feeling you get from these games. They still know how to make games. Expand
  29. ScottW.
    Nov 23, 2007
    This game is absolutly top notch. Barely a flaw to be seen, it's amazing how genius artisitc direction can make up for lack of HD graphics any day. The game is a little more shooty than the other prime games, and perhaps a little less adventury, but it's still the best game on Wii so far and should not be missed by anyway. The motion controls are far from gimmicky, making things This game is absolutly top notch. Barely a flaw to be seen, it's amazing how genius artisitc direction can make up for lack of HD graphics any day. The game is a little more shooty than the other prime games, and perhaps a little less adventury, but it's still the best game on Wii so far and should not be missed by anyway. The motion controls are far from gimmicky, making things like tearing enemies shields off and unlocking combination locks all the more interactive. Expand
  30. CarlosM.
    Oct 30, 2007
    I'm sure this game is not perfect, but it is truly hard to find anything this game does wrong. I don't know why people is giving this game such low scores. I give it a 10 because i think it's closer to it than a 9. I think this game should be played by anyone that thinks that FPS are all the same, this one is not, this one is better in my opinion. It even makes worth buying I'm sure this game is not perfect, but it is truly hard to find anything this game does wrong. I don't know why people is giving this game such low scores. I give it a 10 because i think it's closer to it than a 9. I think this game should be played by anyone that thinks that FPS are all the same, this one is not, this one is better in my opinion. It even makes worth buying a Wii just for this one game, it's that good, so.... do it! Expand

#3 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#6 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. Even with a low difficulty level, lackluster story and flawed unlockables, Metroid Prime 3 is certainly a must-play for Wii owners.
  2. A true gamer's game, a lovingly crafted science-fiction magnum opus, a showcase title not only for excellent motion controls but also stunning artwork that rivals anything in gaming.
  3. Proof that not all sequels are quick attempts to cash in; Corruption takes the already outstanding formula of the previous games and retools it into one of the most solid and rewarding experiences in years.