Monopoly Wii

7.8

1. DanP
    May 3, 2009
    It solidly presents the game in all it's classic play and the richest edition with the minigames adds a cute touch and a interesting way to play the game when you don't feel like playing an infinite game. The lack of online multiplayer and the voice over that gets old quick set this game back, but it was nice to see different board themes and tokens. I recommend it.
  2. DAGR?1
    Nov 12, 2008
    The game is horrible, the old NES version is better...The AI is the worst i have ever seen. IE It seems as if when you increase the difficulty instead of them playing smarter they gang up on you (trading property that a real person would not let go to allow a monopoly). I play to win (who doesn't) but out of 3 other computer players it doesn't matter the AI still wins. When The game is horrible, the old NES version is better...The AI is the worst i have ever seen. IE It seems as if when you increase the difficulty instead of them playing smarter they gang up on you (trading property that a real person would not let go to allow a monopoly). I play to win (who doesn't) but out of 3 other computer players it doesn't matter the AI still wins. When rolling the dice you always land on their property on end up on chance/comm chest, barely getting your own property. On a better note the boards are interesting, and it might just be I have to play with other humans, but until then I guess I will have to select 2 players (me and myself) and 2 AI and I might be able to win at least 1 game! Expand
  3. Feb 17, 2014
    Monopoly is made quicker by all the calculations being done automatically. Each game is usually about an hour. You can change the rules and board to make things varied. The music is good enough to not get tired of which is important in games that can last an hour. The Monopoly Man can be pretty funny sometimes. I feel that the computer does unfairly gives people breaks which can prolongMonopoly is made quicker by all the calculations being done automatically. Each game is usually about an hour. You can change the rules and board to make things varied. The music is good enough to not get tired of which is important in games that can last an hour. The Monopoly Man can be pretty funny sometimes. I feel that the computer does unfairly gives people breaks which can prolong the game. Also, the computer is idiotic when it comes to trading. I dislike the automatic rent when you land on property. Overall, a fun Monopoly game that is relatively quick compared to the board game. Expand
  4. Jul 23, 2013
    "Monopoly" is definitely for the lazy side of people, as it uses the game to calculate everything for you, but despite this, its able to be easily likable as well. Although it diminishes the fun that board games like the Monopoly board game brings, its an easier and lazier way to play, and at this stage in age, how bad can that be.

#75 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#41 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. It’s a calculated, strategic exercise that requires ample time and patience. The Wii version gracefully combines the classic gameplay with new variations in a format that’s visually pleasing, entertaining to play, and a very strong representation of the Monopoly experience on a gaming console.
  2. Monopoly is a strong representation of the classic table game on a gaming console. Classic gameplay with new variations and minigames deliver a pleasing game experience to play against friends and/or family.
  3. EA has managed to produce a competent virtual version of the classic board game, but we still can't recommend it over buying the real thing. You get numerous boards and the questionable Get Rich Quick mode, but you lose so much by not being able to play the way you want.