Monster Hunter Tri Wii

• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Apr 20, 2010
8.6

1. Sep 9, 2013
    Okay. I'm going to do what apparently no one else will do. Tell you that this game sucks. Before we begin, yes, I'm a huge RPG fan. I've played everything from Fallout 3 to Xenoblade to Skyrim to Sleeping Dogs to... you get the picture. I'll play nearly any of them I can get my hands on. However, I couldn't stand this game. The controls were sh*t, the attacks had animations that were soOkay. I'm going to do what apparently no one else will do. Tell you that this game sucks. Before we begin, yes, I'm a huge RPG fan. I've played everything from Fallout 3 to Xenoblade to Skyrim to Sleeping Dogs to... you get the picture. I'll play nearly any of them I can get my hands on. However, I couldn't stand this game. The controls were sh*t, the attacks had animations that were so clunky and long half of the time you would get hit anyway, so it was more luck than strategy, not to mention that every attack moved you forward, which is fine, and maybe even useful for the big enemies... but when you're fighting the annoying little flying insects (why am I even fighting friggin insects?) you'll miss 4 out of 5 times. To be honest, I couldn't play this game for more than... I don't know, between an hour and two hours. I really wanted to like this game too, but I just couldn't. I didn't try online mode, but I'd imagine the controls and etc. would be exactly the same. If you want to play something kind of similar, give Xenoblade a try, it's nowhere near as annoying. If you liked it, first tell me what I was missing, so that I can give it another shot, though I doubt it gets better further in or anything like that. Then try out Xenoblade, it's so much better. Expand
  2. Apr 24, 2015
    This is one of those games that I am sad I spent money on. After playing Skyward Sword and Okami on the Wii, this game feels totally underwhelming. The controlls are horrible, the menu system is awful, the gameplay is slow, the design is lackluster, the texts are barely legible with the Wii's low resolution - it's just not fun.

Giving this game a 10 out of 10 is ridiculous. Now, I only

Giving this game a 10 out of 10 is ridiculous. Now, I only rated this game 0 out of ten to help bring down the overall score (not that I expect it will actually do anything). Personally, I rate it 5 out of 10, not recommended.

#8 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2010
#9 Most Shared Wii Game of 2010

1. A superb online mode and practically infinite game time make us cheer with joy for this engaging monster-collecting adventure.
    A merciless, intimidatingly featured, almost grotesquely involved role-playing timesink, perched balefully atop a platform whose users take to higher difficulty settings about as readily as pigeons take to cactus plants.
  3. Adds brains to action fans' brawn, and brawn to obsessive collectors' brains. Ignore the first few clunky hours, and get ready to enjoy the next 300.