Muramasa: The Demon Blade Wii

8.5

1. Nov 18, 2011
    Muramasa: The Demon Blade is a aesthetically pleasing game. There are tons of different swords and you can even play as two different characters. This really adds to the length of the game. Other than this, I felt no real draw to the game. I found the gameplay to be a little bit boring and repetitive. It seemed like all I was doing was pressing the same button over and over again! TheMuramasa: The Demon Blade is a aesthetically pleasing game. There are tons of different swords and you can even play as two different characters. This really adds to the length of the game. Other than this, I felt no real draw to the game. I found the gameplay to be a little bit boring and repetitive. It seemed like all I was doing was pressing the same button over and over again! The swords are the only thing that really made me stay with the game as long as I did. I beat both stories, but I have not yet gotten all the swords. Finally, sometimes when you try to attack a certain way, the motion controls seem very unresponsive. Expand
  2. Dec 17, 2016
    The graphics are awesome, the voice acting ( in Japanese ) is cool, the game is pretty simple, it doesn't use any motion controls but it have a nice story
  3. Oct 15, 2013
    Muramasa is among the most overrated games ever made. The "Graphics" that people rave about are simply an anime, cell shaded, low-frame animated sprites, un-original blends of color style of presentation that REALLY does not, could not keep this game from being a stale experience.

It's a hack-n-slash platforming game first and a light RPG second. If you were an actual gamer, you'd only play this game for the story and lore if at all.

#14 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2009
#40 Most Shared Wii Game of 2009

1. Overall, it's a very solid title. Flawed, certainly, but a lot of fun to play if you don't mind a little repetitive combat and a story that feels a bit slow.
  2. It is a beautiful game that is a victim of its own success as the story so badly eclipses the gameplay. Muramasa is an imperfect jewel. It’s a precious stone for sure, but the cut’s not quite right.
  3. For all it's got going for it, though, Muramasa's problem is that it simply overstays its welcome. This is a good 14-hour game, and the gameplay cannot support that kind of play time. I found myself wishing that the game was about half the length it is, which would've left me satisfied, rather than fully exhausted.