My Aquarium Wii

6.6

1. AnonymousMC
    Jan 5, 2009
    There is by no means anything wrong with this application, it's just lacking in some areas. I hae no idea how I unloack fish (it seems every time I turn on My Aquarium I've unloacked something...) Some of the fish models look a little...strange (What a fat betta!) And the interfacing could have been better organized...

On'ce you manage to get a tank going though,

On'ce you manage to get a tank going though, It's a solid WiiWare app. A lower price may be more appropriate though
  2. JustinRay
    Sep 17, 2008
    Sure, it''s awful if you are thinking you're getting a game. This is not Nintenfish. It's just a virtual fish tank. How much of a game could there be? Really, it's just a fancy screen saver to leave on in the background while you do other things. Think of it as the burning fireplace video, but for your Wii.

1. Nintendo Gamer
    If you're not allowed a real fish tank this is a reasonable compromise, but it's really no substitute from the real thing, or for an actual game. [Oct 2008, p.74]
  2. My Aquarium is not a game, so we're not reviewing it as such. If you are happy that in downloading this you’ll be getting a virtual aquarium, then you really can't go wrong here.
  3. I'm certainly not averse to this sort of thing appearing on WiiWare but My Aquarium feels like half an idea, lazily executed. If you like the idea of a virtual fish-tank, and don't mind that your input is minimal, then the price is about as right as it'll ever get for this sort of thing.