5.5

1. MarianPetit
    Aug 6, 2008
    I love this game. It's low maintenance and not really a game you play with an enthusiasm. However, I like the idea of growing a 'ranch' and seeing the Mii version of my family and myself relaxing with super cute pokemons in the middle of nowhere - so peaceful! A little bit like Big Brother and you keep going back to see them in the screen again and again. But unlike BB,I love this game. It's low maintenance and not really a game you play with an enthusiasm. However, I like the idea of growing a 'ranch' and seeing the Mii version of my family and myself relaxing with super cute pokemons in the middle of nowhere - so peaceful! A little bit like Big Brother and you keep going back to see them in the screen again and again. But unlike BB, it's an embarassement free pastime. Highly recommended. Expand
  2. Snax
    Feb 2, 2009
    THIS IS NOT A GAME. IT IS ALSO NOT A SCREENSAVER.

It's a freaking storage box for your freaking pokemon. The gamecube version (called, more appropriately, Pokemon Box) just looked like your PC storage interface in the main Pokemon games. It's there just to let you store pokemon, and it does an awesome job at that.
  3. Mecandes
    Jun 24, 2008
    It's not a game, it's a Pokemon screen saver... and not a very interesting one. Even the most diehard young Pokemon fanatic will tire of this within half an hour.
  4. Adam
    Jul 1, 2008
    This game is good and all the Pokemon look cute it is kind of fun.
  5. RussellTurner
    Aug 24, 2008
    This mini-screensaver would have been better suited to a $3 WiiWare purchase. For Diamond & Pearl owners, My Pokémon Ranch is little more than a PC box extension, and even then it's not worth the fraction of a cent it cost to sustain your internet connection while downloading it. Worse yet, for those without the DS game, this WiiWare title has literally nothing to offer.
  6. Jul 29, 2011
    From the beginning of the game, I was bored, while to the end of the game, I would be probably sleeping, and in between, I would wonder why I spent twenty dollars on the most poorly made and useless game in the whole Pokemon series.
  7. Dec 29, 2012
    This is a black sheep to the Pokemon franchise: its neither what we expect or what we deserve. Its a poor, misguided attempt at an expansion or tool to the franchise and it does nothing for people without a DS.
  8. Aug 30, 2013
    Not so much a game as a home console day-care for your prized Pokémon. Serving as basically a very weak PC system for Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, with minimal inter-activity, and very crude graphics (N64 quality on the Wii, really?)
  9. Jul 28, 2016
    The game is useful but the game is kinda pointless but fun and entertaining so this game is okay but not the best but its not bad its just flawed most of the time.

#44 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008

1. If you are playing Pokémon Diamond and Pearl and have not completed your Pokédex, then this game will help you and will probably be a lot of fun. However, if you have completed your Pokédex or do not own Diamond or Pearl, then this game is a complete waste.
    The best way to describe My Pokemon Ranch is to say that it’s just a built-in Mii Channel, but now you can watch Pokemon wander around the screen. But that’s just not any where near enough of a draw to plunk down ten bucks.
    The almost total lack of interaction makes the title difficult to recommend to many audiences, but if you need to fill out your Pokédex and enjoy watching cute creatures fart on each other, My Pokémon Ranch might be worth a look.