3.9

1. May 29, 2011
    This game is a travesty. This is one of the worst NASCAR games ever made. Bad graphics, horrible gameplay, "career" mode is just season mode. This game is so bad I couldn't even suggest it to a NASCAR fan. Now thats bad...
  2. May 28, 2011
    I pre-orderd this game several months ago after seeing screen shots and reading about all the features. My Wii version finally came in this week and I'm very disappointed at the lack of features and customization. No pre-race tuning. No paint shop. Only one driver's view (that is outside of the car).

Activision should be ashamed to have released this for Wii.
  3. Sep 22, 2012
    This game is horrible! Whenever a crash happens the crash glitches out. For the player not so much. The other reason why it's bad is because of the slow pit crew in the game. On the 2011 site it shows the pit crew at normal speed, but in the game it's slow. If you even want to fix the damage you can't fix it at all. And come on. NO ONLINE PLAYING FOR WII SUCKS! And just like chippr said "Bad graphics, horrible gameplay,"career" mode is just season mode." I agree with him and when ever I race at Watkins Glen I can easily win it. And when I was playing it I crashed, yellow flag, and next thing ya know the leader is in the middle of the pack! On the mini-map you can't see who your rival is or where the leader is. And last thing I hate most of all (everything I typed mostly) is NO RACE TICKER WHAT-SO-EVER! I really want to see what the distace is etc. That's why i'm lookin' forword to the next Nascar game. I'm also hoping that it has online play for wii. This game is the worst I have ever played. Very horrible. Expand
  4. May 25, 2011
    Many reviewers will focus on what this game lacks vs. 360 or PS3, rather than what the game is, which is fun. As in other Wii racing games, the Wiimote on it's side does a good job of steering the car. The racing is fun and allows you to easily jump in and trade paint with the stars of NASCAR. It also includes a split screen mode that is great for racing against friends. It's not Forza 3 or GT 5, but it's not meant to be. It's a very playable, fun NASCAR racing game. Expand
  5. May 27, 2011
    Wow, too many negatives. This is a fun racing game, but if you are looking for a realistic game then this is the WORST of the series of NASCAR games. Pit stops are completely slow and botched, you will do a race that requires you to pit 1-2 time for gas while the other cars will not stop at all. Reality just is not there. Graphics are good for Wii even though people will see a big difference from PS3 and XBOX. It is VERY GOOD to finally have a NASCAR game for Wii and the competition is fun, but see below for pros and cons.

I would very much consider renting before buying as you might not really like the game.
    1. No cautions at all unless the user is involved.
    2. Pitting has cool graphics but there is so much lag time that it hurts the game.
    2a. Pit stops are hurtful and the rest of the field does not always pit. I ran a 20-lap race that required me to pit 2 times for fuel, and the other 42 cars did not have to pit at all, I finished a lap down.
    2b. The field NEVER pits during cautions, and since they don't, anytime you do you will come out in 43rd position.
    2c. The spotter never helps in regards to pit needs, and give only a half lap notice for fuel, so he might tell you to pit for fuel but you won't even make it back around, once you are out of fuel the race is over, even if you were right there and could coast in.
    2d. The only way to have fun racing and have a chance at winning is to turn wear (tires and fuel) to standard so you won't have to pit.
    3. I did a 50 lap race at Martinsville with 33 cautions, all that I was involved with! Any time you car touches another they tend to lock up a little and you will get spun out. The field will pile-up behind you and then will line up in the position you were in when the caution came out, it happens so much that it hurts the flow of the game.
    4. The same group of 10-12 cars are ALWAYS at the front, so the points standings are slanted heavily to them. Don't expect 48, 24, or 18 to finish outside of the top 8, EVER. That means the AI is not very good or intuitive.
    5. The "Rival" feature add nothing at all to the game, just an angrier driver on the track who will try to spin you if you try to pass him in the corners.
    6. Limited damage shown and very poor realism on wrecks, just cars bumping into each other. The only way to have a competitive race is to turn damage off since you will have tons of damage and cannot pit or you fall way behind, since the other 42 will not pit.

So it is better then nothing and does provides for hours of fun, but only with the setting done correctly so you don't have to pit. They missed the mark so badly on pit stops that you wonder what the makers were thinking. It is something that needs to be done correct to add to the experience since it is that way in real NASCAR.

Just rent first, then buy.
  6. Jul 1, 2014
    Well, crap. Cautions come out when they want to. No DLC for the Wii, for shame for shame. Also, no online for the Wii. I mean, come one! Another year or so in dev and this might have been good. The game was glitchy as I'll get out. Wheels were disappearing, the AI could almost NEVER SPIN. Heck, you basically had to go backwards to get a caution to come out.

While the game controls moderately well and features the occasional moment of fun, the lackluster and repetitive campaign along with a weak physics engine and graphics, do a great job of making the overall experience a poor one.
  2. Jul 1, 2011
    Watching the real thing on TV is far more entertaining--and less expensive. [July 2011, p.89]
  3. Jun 29, 2011
    While it may not live up to, say, EA Sports, with its NASCAR Thunder 2003– a game released in 2002 for PSX, PS2, GCN and Xbox that included an actual career mode and customization options– Eutechnyx doesn't do so poorly on Wii. It could, however, have done much better.