8.3

1. Oct 6, 2010
    Action basketball at it's finest. This is a reminder as to why/how the NBA differentiates itself from other big leagues! Exciting and funny, and yet hip and cool this will a party favorite for my friends and I.
  2. Oct 10, 2010
    great game. It has the glitter of the arcade basketball game. 2011 is a very exciting basketball season and this is a great game. This game is for everyone, not just basketball fans
  3. Nov 24, 2010
  4. Apr 20, 2011
    Ok, so my buddies and I have logged many (hundreds) of hours playing the original jam series on both consoles and a full arcade. As for this game, the use of the wii controller is AWESOME, and adds a new level of play to the game. The feel of actually timing a slam is exillerating and playing this game in multiplayer mode with buddies is a ton of fun. The one problem I have with this game (and it's a big one) is the fact that when you Get on Fire....it means nothing. In the original game, when you were playing with your buddies, it was all about getting on fire....so by taking away the concept of getting on fire and not missing a shot so you can take the lead or catch up...really takes away from the game. However this is still really a fun game and I highly recommend it for any system (I have it for my PS3 too). But Please EA drop us a patch to make getting on fire worth the effort...a toggle setting...something. Expand

1. Jan 11, 2011
    Yes, it's simple, and a classic example of style over substance, but NBA Jam is also a huge amount of fun, and a great example of a developer actually realising what made a franchise so popular in the first place and building it into something far greater. [Christmas 2010, p.118]
    Even though the original NBA Jam is 17 years old, and the formula hasn't changed much since then, EA's latest revival seems surprisingly fresh and has an irresistible playability. The controls are simple enough that you'll know them by heart within minutes, the graphics are fun, and the commentator has so many one-liners that you can't help but get a smile on your face. Boomshakalaka!
  3. Jan 5, 2011
    NBA Jam is as much fun as fifteen years ago. It's a missed opportunity that EA hasn't brought the game to modern times, however, as the lack of options like an online mode would have greatly expanded the replayability.