7.1

1. EthanR.
    Oct 6, 2007
    I couldn't wait for a basketball game on wii. Now that one is out here's the deal. It's not perfect but it's good. Gamespot is completely insane for giving this game a 3. The visuals are great for a wii game. I don't know what gamespot was smoking when they rated this game. The controls arn't perfect but they're not bad. The crossover's useless but I couldn't wait for a basketball game on wii. Now that one is out here's the deal. It's not perfect but it's good. Gamespot is completely insane for giving this game a 3. The visuals are great for a wii game. I don't know what gamespot was smoking when they rated this game. The controls arn't perfect but they're not bad. The crossover's useless but the shots and steals and stuff isn't bad. Gamespot says that every shot goes in but if you actually play the game you'll notice difficulties. And it's almost impossible to score if u have it on superstar. The dunk contest is fun. I'm having lots of fun with this game. Is it worth a buy?? I don't know but it is definatelu worth a rent. So don't listen to the extremely high gamespot. Expand
  2. IkarosDD
    Oct 7, 2007
    Very simple to play. Game control back to basics. Graphics are not good but game-play pay off
  3. AnonymousMC
    Oct 8, 2007
    My son (10) and I really enjoy playing NBA Live 08. Neither of us are hard core gamers, so the simpified controls work well for us. We wanted a basketball game that was simple to learn/play, but still fun. We found what we were looking for in this game.
  4. RF.
    Nov 14, 2007
    Far from perfect but still much better than most reviews. Controls are very responsive -- I have no idea of what some reviewers are talking about -- and the game play feels like the real thing. Some campaign options are lacking but then, I like basketball but I don't care for the NBA tourney.

#55 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007

1. Hardcore hoopsters will likely scoff at the lack of full-body control that awaits, but there's no doubt that EA has done a pretty decent job making a square peg fit in a round hole; heck, getting any basketball game to work with the Wii controls is an accomplishment.
  2. NBA Live's first appearance on the Wii is a complete disaster.
    NBA Live 08 is EA’s weakest attempt on Wii thus far, hands down. It lacks the polish, depth, or passion of any of the other motion projects had, removing full modes and options of the other console versions while also skipping on any of the expected Wii additions.