8.8

1. Sep 30, 2012
    I haven't played the Gamecube version but the wii version is great. The best thing about this game are the controls and gameplay. Combo's also add a strategic element to this game. The boss battles are also great with the bananas you collected being your life bar.
  2. Jun 28, 2012
    Good as any other DK game, this one has a different style but it's a very rewarding and engaging game. Level design is superb and will keep you coming back for better scores, boss fights are also much fun.
  3. Aug 23, 2010
    While it's certainly a lot of fun, I even would claim it as a '2D Mario Galaxy', it has several annoying flaws, and after re-thinking said claim, I realised how perfect Mario's 3D outings where, compared to this. It is however a very good, and downright fun Wii game, with some technically brilliant level design, and some graphics worthy of the Wii. If it were not for some flaws, we couldWhile it's certainly a lot of fun, I even would claim it as a '2D Mario Galaxy', it has several annoying flaws, and after re-thinking said claim, I realised how perfect Mario's 3D outings where, compared to this. It is however a very good, and downright fun Wii game, with some technically brilliant level design, and some graphics worthy of the Wii. If it were not for some flaws, we could have had the '2D Mario Galaxy' that the Wii really needs. Expand

The amazing graphical presentation -- great for four years ago and still great by Wii standards today -- holds up beautifully. And best of all, the engaging level designs will still suck you in and the combo system will keep you coming back for more.
    It's a fine game to play with Remote and Nunchuk, with some level segments changed to accommodate them, but at points you can really tell the game was intended for more tactile controls.
  3. The game excels in practically every department, and while it may only take a couple of hours to complete, it's filled with replay value.