NHL 2K10 Wii

6.8

1. SuperB
    Sep 30, 2009
    Very good implementation of the Wii Motion Plus for shots, Dekee and passing. Online games are a blast. Option to update de roosters is a welcome addition (official 2k and user-created)!. Less slowdown then nhl 2k9. The passing take a few games to master, you only have to remember that the first direction you go with the wiimote is where your player will pass. At first I was doing the Very good implementation of the Wii Motion Plus for shots, Dekee and passing. Online games are a blast. Option to update de roosters is a welcome addition (official 2k and user-created)!. Less slowdown then nhl 2k9. The passing take a few games to master, you only have to remember that the first direction you go with the wiimote is where your player will pass. At first I was doing the Back/front motion and it will end with a backpass. Expand
  2. FredrikP
    Jan 18, 2010
    Worst game I've ever played. Unintuitive menus & unresponsive controls. I can never make the players do what I want. A lot of down time at every possible opportunity, once after a penalty the game showed the referee for 10 seconds and I could only watch... Same at face offs it takes forever for play to resume.
  3. joeyp
    Dec 4, 2009
    Love this game. for a low price and if you've got mates, the Wii version has got us all going, the PS3 version is too easy... way too easy. The Wii got it right, there are a few minor glitches but download the patches to resolve. the first sports game to get me yelling at the TV in a long time. love it.
  4. JamesR
    Oct 8, 2009
    It's nice to see a developer who will give the Wii all of the same modes and always online experience that the other consoles get. The MotionPlus controls work very nicely, as well.
  5. NathalieB
    Nov 27, 2009
    An addictive game! Minus: Visuals are below NHL 2004 on PS2. Flick passing needs patience to learn. One timer slapshots are sometimes unresponsive. Lack of European leagues like D.E.L. Unwieldy interface. Many disconnections on-line. No saucer passing. Plus: Well animated game, decent framerate. Motion Plus handles wristshots, poke checks, body checks (woosh!) and the passing system very An addictive game! Minus: Visuals are below NHL 2004 on PS2. Flick passing needs patience to learn. One timer slapshots are sometimes unresponsive. Lack of European leagues like D.E.L. Unwieldy interface. Many disconnections on-line. No saucer passing. Plus: Well animated game, decent framerate. Motion Plus handles wristshots, poke checks, body checks (woosh!) and the passing system very well. On-line you don't have to be too patient to find an opponent (unless the server is down again). Option to play as the goalie, or just one player. Sliders yield higly customizable gameplay. Strong AI yields addictive gameplay. DON'T give up on the flick passing, it WORKS 100%!!!!! Expand
  6. WesleyD
    Sep 16, 2009
    I think for the Wii this game is pretty awesome. The game play seems slow at first but after 2 or 3 games you get used to it and start having a lot of fun. Don't listen to the negative reviews, for the wii this game is a blast so far. It can be frustrating at times but most sports games are like that anyways. If you are like me and enjoy hockey as a sport, get this game. It'll I think for the Wii this game is pretty awesome. The game play seems slow at first but after 2 or 3 games you get used to it and start having a lot of fun. Don't listen to the negative reviews, for the wii this game is a blast so far. It can be frustrating at times but most sports games are like that anyways. If you are like me and enjoy hockey as a sport, get this game. It'll take a few games to get a grip on the controls but you will feel accomplished when you finally start playing good defense and creating scoring opportunities. Graphics and game flow are Very Good. Not great but I see no problem with it. Get this game, you wont regret it. Expand
  7. Oct 7, 2010
    Motion Plus works Ok for nhl 2k10, its still pretty unsensitive. And its super hard to play online because of nintendo's crappy online. It worked well for me though until i got a xbox 360 and played NHL 10.
  8. Sep 11, 2010
    I bought this for $9 and it provided me good entertainment for a summer without the NHL running, so for that I thank it. Once you get to know the ice surface (talent at hockey games somehow never transfers over to new ones I find) the game can be very enjoyable, but suffers from all the same old rando-issues plus a few new ones from the Wii motion controls. A few needlessly upsettingI bought this for $9 and it provided me good entertainment for a summer without the NHL running, so for that I thank it. Once you get to know the ice surface (talent at hockey games somehow never transfers over to new ones I find) the game can be very enjoyable, but suffers from all the same old rando-issues plus a few new ones from the Wii motion controls. A few needlessly upsetting things: 1) computer does the same auto-scoring breakaway move on 9/10 breakaways. 2) You shake the wiimote to shoot when you've got an open net and your player does a ridiculous deke in the entirely opposite direction, turning to shoot 3 seconds later when the goalie's back 3) Penalty replays glitch and show an old or gibberish replay 4) The menu system is indeed awful 5) The replay barely replays anything 6) Faceoffs are crazy-hard and then after a few games crazy-easy 7) No matter how you skew the game difficulty or physics, etc. my team still gets more penalties, injuries and scoring than the rest of the league. Why don't they ever force stat matching across the computer? I'm trying to run a realistic season but all 4 of my top forwards lead the league in points, 3 of them under a PPG still, somehow. 8) Most of the time the computer ices the puck the game doesn't call icing.

Anyway, this could go on. It's all these little things that stop these games from becoming realistic hockey experiences. I do love the fantasy draft and minor league team though.

1. One of the most fully featured sports games on the Wii console. [Oct 2009, p.87]
    NHL2K10 has a simply staggering amount of content in it. To say that this game is a value at its price is an understatement, but while there’s an insane amount of modes and options – 2K sliders, MotionPlus, WiiSpeak support, online leagues, 10-console team-up mode, season mode, franchise mode, pond hockey, practice mode, Mii Superskills, create-a-player, create-a-team, and the list goes on and on -there’s also a lack of polish throughout.
  3. New motion controls make the Wii version of NHL 2K10 an impressive and unique arcade hockey game.