• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Jan 22, 2008
8.4

1. Sep 29, 2010
    A rare title on the Wii that offers over the top violence, sexual innuendos and an unusual but hilarious storyline added with witty dialogues. The games does suffer from bugs for example for no reason you get stuck on a lamp post on your bike. Aside from the usual bugs and glitches, the game offers a unique combat system and visual style while offering ridiculous humour and kick ass action.
  2. Aug 25, 2010
    Completely bonkers, in a really cool way. While there are a few flaws, the combat is very satisfying, the bosses hilarious and memorable and the swear words pumping out faster than a penguin on a jet ski. Through all the ****'s, ****'s and ****heads, theres a ace, fun and mad game.
  3. Feb 9, 2013
    Not just one of the best games on Wii but possibly my favourite game of this generation and one of my all time favourite games! No More Heroes is a fantastic game that is fun engaging and hilarious to play, The sense of humour is fantastic Travis is great character and has some genuinely funny voice work.

On the topic of voice work this game has one of the most high profile voice cast i've ever seen! Robin Atkin Downes lends his voice to Travis Touchdown and he is utterly fantastic! Quinton Flynn delivers the voice for Henry and puts in a stellar performance as he always does! If you own a Wii or even if you've just bought your self a shiny new Wii U do yourself a favour and buy this game! also buy it's sequel to because that is arguable the better game though i'd have to replay it again to say for certain.
  4. Nov 7, 2010
    It's since been bettered by it's even more amazing sequel, but NMH is still astonishingly good. Seriously, if you're a hardcore gamer then Suda understands, and that is why you MUST buy this game along with NMH2.
  5. Aug 6, 2012
    No More Heroes isn't perfect, as a matter of a fact it's no where near it. But it succeeds in being a fantastic experience despite all it's flaws. The game is an absolute mess, the story is neither well executed or explained, and has just about every bizarre plot twist you can think of, but gets away with it because it's a beautifully crafted parody of anime, other video games, and cheesyNo More Heroes isn't perfect, as a matter of a fact it's no where near it. But it succeeds in being a fantastic experience despite all it's flaws. The game is an absolute mess, the story is neither well executed or explained, and has just about every bizarre plot twist you can think of, but gets away with it because it's a beautifully crafted parody of anime, other video games, and cheesy samurai movies, and never takes itself seriously. The gameplay is insanely fun when you slicing your way through enemies and brutally challenging bosses in spectacularly bloody ways, but gets boring when you have to play the mini-games and assassination missions for what feels like the millionth time in order to get money for the next level. And why when your doing this money collecting does your objective have to be on the other side of the game, when all you want to do is just get your money and get back into the fight? The whole money being needed in order to progress is just irritating especially when they fill the game with a few shops that have stuff (new clothes, dvd's that teach you new techniques, and new weapons) you might want to buy, but don't because you don't want to have to do all the jobs required for you to get enough money for the next level all over again. Oh and just a heads up, be sure to buy all 3 (overly expensive) weapons in order to see the real (or rather whole) ending. The game has a lot of issues but whenever I think back on my time with No More Heroes I think about the games hilarious and sometimes shocking (in a good way) scenes, the awesome and bloody combat, or landing that final blow on that challenging and memorable boss. And I also think about how that no matter how many issues this game has that it was worth putting up with them in order to play through this fantastic game. I had to take off points for the issues if the score makes you unsure of this game ignore it and let me tell you this, if you call yourself a hardcore gamer you need to play this game. It's an amazing experience that manages to rise above its flaws, and is for sure one of the best Wii games ever. This is a must play. Expand
  6. Mar 6, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A Wii Classic! I am going to break away from my GAME reviews to discuss two things I usually consider taboo in reviews: comparing this game to its sequel and examining other comments on metacritic. COMMENTS: notice that every negative review boils down to one of the following- general Wii hate, attacking the maturity of this game, or calling it bland and repetitive. Obviously general Wii Hate is worthless criticism. If someone hates the Wii as much as these reviewers why would they read reviews for Wii games? Attacking this game's maturity is like attacking Mario's physics, clearly they are missing the point. Last, and probably least, the action beat'em up genre is notorious for being repetitive so these criticisms are about as useful as Wii Hate. SEQUEL: Had I played this game first I would have given it a 10 without reservation. Un/fortunately Desperate Struggle (the sequel) improves on the series in so many ways- nostalgic minigames, better graphics, better intro, better physics, removed the faux sandbox, etc...- that looking at the two together is rough on the original. If you haven't played either I highly recommend playing No More Heroes and enjoying it madly for the great game it is all the while knowing you are in for an even better sequel! Expand
  7. Apr 18, 2011
    Although I certainly cant recommend this game to everyone, No More Heroes will definitely make you brush the dust off of the Wii for a good couple of weeks. Game play is very simple yet compelling, wrapped up in some bizarre situations, characters and design. A must have for any Wii archive
  8. Jul 3, 2011
    A unique combat style of gameplay, No More Heroes is a struggle between killing people and working off yoru debts with little odd jobs (mini-games). It offers good variety and a sense of connection between the player and the characters. But, the combat system felt weak in a lot of cases, as you tend to be more button mashing more than actually fighting your opponents. Still, a decent game to buy.
  9. Dec 6, 2011
    Very good game and although the second is an improvement it remains a great bloody experience.Great graphics,memorable bosses and just guilty fun!One of the many proud wii exclusives!
  10. Apr 8, 2012
    One of the most satifying hack and slashers ever. The overworld lets it down though when you spend a lot of time moving aimlessly through Santa Destroy
  11. Jun 25, 2012
    The art style used in this game is great and doesn't try to make it look real. The story is great even though its not the first game to use it. The controls make great use of the Wii's motion control system and also use the speaker on the remote when you get a phone call. The use of 8-bit styles on the menu is unique considering it is a Suda 51 game. If you are looking for a fun game toThe art style used in this game is great and doesn't try to make it look real. The story is great even though its not the first game to use it. The controls make great use of the Wii's motion control system and also use the speaker on the remote when you get a phone call. The use of 8-bit styles on the menu is unique considering it is a Suda 51 game. If you are looking for a fun game to play on the Nintendo Wii then pick this game up. Expand
  12. Jul 3, 2012
    This game is one of my favorite, but it has its problems: first, the homeworld can be boring and second the gameplay is boring. But the soundtrack, the story and the characters are awesome.
  13. Oct 26, 2012
    Great game with great music and a fun-loving atmosphere. It knows it's ridiculous and it plays with that fact without being too in-your-face and annoying about it. Controls are a bit wonky at times, but the overall experience is incredibly inviting. Even the minigames are exceptional, making it fun to horde money between missions.
    The characters are full of personality and make a huge
    The characters are full of personality and make a huge impact on the player, even though you often only see them for a brief amount of time.
    I would definitely play it again and recommend it to others.
  14. Jun 24, 2013
    Image this: You're infiltrating a warehouse. Suddenly, you're attacked by a large group of men with bats and guns. In order to fight them off, you use a light-saber, or "beam katana", slashing them all up into a flurry of blood and money. Once they'er all dead, you fight a mailman who then turns into a superhero like person who shoots lasers out of his penis and his nipples. This is NoImage this: You're infiltrating a warehouse. Suddenly, you're attacked by a large group of men with bats and guns. In order to fight them off, you use a light-saber, or "beam katana", slashing them all up into a flurry of blood and money. Once they'er all dead, you fight a mailman who then turns into a superhero like person who shoots lasers out of his penis and his nipples. This is No More Heroes in a nutshell. It's a ridiculous and hilarious action game, full of blood, sexual innuendos, and action. It is one of Suda 51's best games to date. Expand
  15. May 31, 2013
    Another great title for the Wii. Satisfying beat em up gameplay and stylish graphics. No More Heroes is one of my favorites for the Wii because I really enjoy it's boss fights as it's refreshing to see boss fights to actually be challenging. Overall, I recommend picking this up if you have the WIi
  16. Feb 9, 2014
    Hands down, my favourite Wii game. The game is original, fun, at times, absolutely hilarious. The fact that No More Heroes doesn’t even take itself seriously is why this game is so unique. Every boss battle is memorable and the final boss, in the real ending, is arguably one of the most epic boss battles I have ever played in a game. Only reason why this game did not get a 10 from me isHands down, my favourite Wii game. The game is original, fun, at times, absolutely hilarious. The fact that No More Heroes doesn’t even take itself seriously is why this game is so unique. Every boss battle is memorable and the final boss, in the real ending, is arguably one of the most epic boss battles I have ever played in a game. Only reason why this game did not get a 10 from me is due to a few minor glitches but most of all, because I live in the UK and the PAL version does not contain the beautiful gory violence the other games have. Expand

1. Like the Wii, none of it should work, but like the Wii, everything does. Brilliantly... No More Heroes is a love letter to videogames that never grows old, tired, or dull. All games deserve to be designed with such lunacy. [JPN Import; Feb 2008, p.56]
  2. This is a rough game, but it's also funny and self-deprecating, inventive and massively rewarding. If more games had personality and style like No More Heroes does, the world of games would be a much more interesting place. [Issue#18, p.76]
  3. It can be a little basic in places, and it isn’t a ‘paradigm shift’ in any sense, but it is proof that games can love their roots and use the quality of being a ‘game’ to give form to their stories – and excel at it. [Feb 2008, p.90]