8.9

1. Jan 28, 2015
    I'm not sure why everyone likes this game so much. Graphics are okay, but the character sound for dialog is way too annoying, all that repeated chirping of the same sounds over and over and over. Also, the Power Strike or whatever, seriously, does the line have to be perfect? Like immaculately perfect in order to use the move? I much prefer a button mash, smack down than a prissy "draw theI'm not sure why everyone likes this game so much. Graphics are okay, but the character sound for dialog is way too annoying, all that repeated chirping of the same sounds over and over and over. Also, the Power Strike or whatever, seriously, does the line have to be perfect? Like immaculately perfect in order to use the move? I much prefer a button mash, smack down than a prissy "draw the line and even if the line looks fine it won't work cause the game didn't even recognize you did something." Mind you, I unfortunately rented the Wii version which, as I understand it, practically ruined the playability. Based on WII performance, if I could give a negative score on this I would chose negative 1 million for my trouble. Thank the universe I only rented it free from a library and only wasted my time and not money. Bottom line, if you like the PS version stay with that. Wii bombed on this one. Expand

This is a marvelous game in terms of artistry, sound, and yes, even gameplay, despite being hamstrung by the poorly implemented Celestial Brush controls. Despite the headaches you'll undoubtedly experience, it's still worth playing Okami on your Nintendo Wii.
    Unique and captivating characters await you at every flower laden step. From combat to exploration, every action rewards the player with items, experience, or another breathtaking look at this gorgeous world.
  3. A must-have title for anyone who has ever loved a Zelda game, a Clover Studio game, or any time-intensive 3D adventure game. The only people I would advise against buying Okami are those on the extreme left or extreme right of the "casual/hardcore" gamer divide.