Okami Wii

8.9

1. Apr 7, 2013
    Let me get one thing straight. I LOVE OKAMI!!! the game is great its a perfect 10 on any other console BUT the Wii. Get it it for the PS2 or the HD version for the PS3 or any other console that lets you use a controller and not some thing like the Wiimote. The Wiimote just kills this game and makes it virtually unplayable This game is not ment toi be played with a motion controller
  2. Feb 13, 2012
    Okami may take some getting used to, but is a diverse adventure, full of power ups, stylized art and a clearly Japanese influence. Game play is long, but does not typically fill monotonous. I entered the game unsure of what to expect, and soon felt emerged into a world were the service I gave those around me seemed oddly fulfilling.

For the most part, the controls are fun to use and the

For the most part, the controls are fun to use and the game is enjoyable. I spent time testing the different ways I could jump, and getting my attacks timed for the most damage. However, the one thing that did disappoint me was the brush. Though much smoother in certain aspects than I expected, it can be unforgiving at times.

What is clearly a circle to you and me, may not be picked up as such by the engine, requiring several attempts, adjustments etc. When timing is factor, this can be frustrating, especially if you shake. As such, I would advise those without steady hands to avoid this game. Additionally, I would advise every to stay away from getting the dodge move, it does not work as intended.
  3. KenS
    Dec 4, 2009
    Played for 15 hours, got bored after 3. Ultra repetitive, super easy. Why is this a 30 hours game?
  4. JohhnyC
    Apr 21, 2008
    Great game. Bad port.
  5. Mar 13, 2012
    ell as I first heard of this game being better than Zelda, I got very curious about it. But as much as I tried to love this game or even to like it I couldn't come along with it. I mean it has some cool gameplay mechanics and the graphics looks good (except for the washed-out effects which made my eyes going crazy !) but after only a couple of minutes it became repetitive and boring. Iell as I first heard of this game being better than Zelda, I got very curious about it. But as much as I tried to love this game or even to like it I couldn't come along with it. I mean it has some cool gameplay mechanics and the graphics looks good (except for the washed-out effects which made my eyes going crazy !) but after only a couple of minutes it became repetitive and boring. I cannot understand how many people can argue that this game is in some opinions even better than a Zelda game.
    I don't know, but for me this game shows us once more how high the bars of The Legend of Zelda franchise really are. Don't get me wrong, I like Okami (otherwise I never would gave it a 6) but to say that this game is at the same (or even higher) level as Zelda is downright wrong. It's a good game on its own..So don't compare it to Zelda...a franchise which now last over 25 years !!

Bottom line = Good Game with lots of very good aspects (gameplay, graphics and music), but after a while it gets repetitive and tyring. I would say give it a shot!

This is a marvelous game in terms of artistry, sound, and yes, even gameplay, despite being hamstrung by the poorly implemented Celestial Brush controls. Despite the headaches you'll undoubtedly experience, it's still worth playing Okami on your Nintendo Wii.
    Unique and captivating characters await you at every flower laden step. From combat to exploration, every action rewards the player with items, experience, or another breathtaking look at this gorgeous world.
  3. A must-have title for anyone who has ever loved a Zelda game, a Clover Studio game, or any time-intensive 3D adventure game. The only people I would advise against buying Okami are those on the extreme left or extreme right of the "casual/hardcore" gamer divide.