Order Up! Wii

8.5

1. DanaW.
    Aug 2, 2008
    A fun game that crosses Cooking Mama with Diner Dash. It's a fun and funny game that really gets you into the restaurant business. My two complaints are: 1) There is no head-to-head mode for a cook-off against a friend 2) With only four restaurants I'm not sure about the replayability once you win the game.
  2. MarkS
    Aug 3, 2008
    Tremendous amount of fun...my kids and their cousins played non-stop until they finished the game. Took them about 25hrs...so a little more than a buck per hour to entertain them...good value.
  3. EricC.
    Jul 22, 2009
    Order Up! is great fun for anyone who enjoys cooking sim games. I brought this game home by fluke and was pleasantly surprised by what ZOO & SuperVillain Studios had produced here. My wife and 9 year old daughter had played the Cooking Mama games a dozen times over and after recently trading them in I wanted to bring home something new in the same category. Order Up! hit the spot. Order Up! is great fun for anyone who enjoys cooking sim games. I brought this game home by fluke and was pleasantly surprised by what ZOO & SuperVillain Studios had produced here. My wife and 9 year old daughter had played the Cooking Mama games a dozen times over and after recently trading them in I wanted to bring home something new in the same category. Order Up! hit the spot. It's a totally fleshed out cooking sim and miles ahead of any other cooking game I've seen. After giving it a whirl myself I can say cooking feels natural, the game puts you in control of every aspect of preparing a meal, and you can delegate tasks you don't enjoy to your assistant chefs. The Wii-mote is used really well and does not feel gimmicky at all. In fact, it's as close as one can get to the real thing with a game controller. You twist the remote to dredge meats on a board or flip foods on the fryer, you thrust it downward or jerk it upward to put food in or take food out of the deep fryer respectively, and you point and click to select tables in your restaurant you wish to serve. You also give the Wii-mote a vertical shake to chop things or ring a bell for your waiter/waitress to come and deliver meals once you've completed the whole order for a table. The visuals and the sound suit the game well and the in-game chat is hilarious. Order Up! really delivers however with really simple yet satisfying gameplay. Once you've earned a five star status for your restaurant the heat really turns on in the kitchen and you'll get to flex your culinary chops. The pace picks up, your joint gets packed, and the tipping is off the charts for well prepared meals. You can end a day with some generous coin if you spice and prepare everything perfectly. If you enjoy Cooking Mama or any other cooking sim then you simply must buy this! At the now price of $19.99 there is very little reason not to add Order Up! to your Wii collection. It's an absolute gem. Collapse
  4. BrentG.
    Nov 28, 2008
    Addictive time management game that the whole family enjoyed. Aside from the straight line game play, lots of special things happen throughout the game including a big TV showdown at the end. Funny sous chefs that assist the main character had the kids cracking up! Its kind of low adrenaline entertainment but entertainment nonetheless. My kids really learned a lot about cooking from this game.
  5. Aug 24, 2010
    Order Up! is a game that seems very similar to the Cooking Mama series but it focuses a lot more on speed, multitasking and time management to ensure a table's order of multiple dishes is sent out on time rather than to simply successfully complete a single dish. It is a lot more in-depth that the Cooking Mama series which is good and you actually get to manage your own restaurant which isOrder Up! is a game that seems very similar to the Cooking Mama series but it focuses a lot more on speed, multitasking and time management to ensure a table's order of multiple dishes is sent out on time rather than to simply successfully complete a single dish. It is a lot more in-depth that the Cooking Mama series which is good and you actually get to manage your own restaurant which is even better. Unfortunately, the game is really short with only four restaurants to manage, meaning it does not have a lot of replay value. However, if you are looking for an alternative to the Cooking Mama series, then this is certainly the game to get. Expand

#51 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008

"Cooking Mama" does have more recipes than Order Up!, but it lacks that special ingredient that keeps me coming back for more. In fact, now that I've tasted what a fleshed-out cooking-game experience can really be, it'll be hard to go back to "Cooking Mama" -- I'll definitely be coming back for more Order Up.
    Order Up! offers up just enough addictive fun to make it worth your while. It's not going to unseat Cooking Mama from her culinary throne, but it is an entertaining experience that's perfect for a few rounds of bite-sized fun.
  3. Nintendo Power
    Order Up! might not be a five-star restaurant, but it still serves up a hearty meal. [Sept 2008, p.86]