8.8

1. Sep 21, 2010
    It's very difficult not to give this title a perfect 10. I'm a pinball nut and pretty much have purchased every pinball sim that I have come across. It is a fair comment to say that this is the only one i have ever thought i have not wasted my money on. It truly immerses you so much you will feel like you actually are playing real machines. I should give a perfect 10 as the tables areIt's very difficult not to give this title a perfect 10. I'm a pinball nut and pretty much have purchased every pinball sim that I have come across. It is a fair comment to say that this is the only one i have ever thought i have not wasted my money on. It truly immerses you so much you will feel like you actually are playing real machines. I should give a perfect 10 as the tables are varied and are all great tables but i tend not to give perfect 10 scores. This comes as close as possible and a few more newer tables with multiball would have been the ticket. But, overall you can buy this game for $15 almost anywhere and it is a definate must have for anyone with a wii console. Collapse
  2. DouglasM.
    Apr 19, 2008
    If you miss playing on real pinball machines, you're lucky. This is like a simulator. But for video games I expect more interaction and features on a pinball game.
  3. KellyS
    Oct 2, 2008
    It got a 9 because it is hard to read the words on the tables. Other than that it is VERY realistic. In fact, I own a Black Knight Pinball Table and the sounds and gameplay are very true in the game. Highly Recommend!
  4. JamieD
    Dec 2, 2008
    I Picked this up for free on a "Buy 2 get 1 free" deal, and it blew the the other two out of the water!. So easy to jump into, Incredibly hard to put down ("I'll play just one more game...") Everyone in the house has become addicted too...From my Five year old son, To my Videogame hating wife...Who knew. If you can get it free, do it, If you have to spend $20 for a used one...DO IT!!!!
  5. SteveJ
    Oct 7, 2008
    Extremely will done! Pinball fanatics should not miss this game for any reason. I can only hope that the developers continue to model other tables in the future.
  6. ChrisE
    Mar 10, 2008
    Best Video Game pinball simulator yet. The Wii controls add a lot to this game though they are very simple, yet elegant. Graphics are decent though not HD because the Wii isn't. Most important is that the gameplay is excellent and feels authentic. Physics engine of table, ball and flippers is extremely well done. Some great tables are emulated. Out of the 10 only Jive Time is a Best Video Game pinball simulator yet. The Wii controls add a lot to this game though they are very simple, yet elegant. Graphics are decent though not HD because the Wii isn't. Most important is that the gameplay is excellent and feels authentic. Physics engine of table, ball and flippers is extremely well done. Some great tables are emulated. Out of the 10 only Jive Time is a little weak. The rest can all be considered classics in one way or another. Highlights to this reviewer are Funhouse and Whirlwind. Expand
  7. BobC.
    Mar 20, 2008
    Good game. Rented it first. Good selection of tables. Uses Wii remote capabilities well, especially the tilt feature. Just wish there were more tables. The only thing keeping it from being a 10.
  8. JerryB.
    Mar 4, 2008
    Excellent entertainment for the kids if not for adults also, re-creates the games in excellent form. A must have for pinball die-hards.
  9. rgoo
    Apr 13, 2008
    Best console oinball game ever! The use of Wii remote feels like pinball, the tilt sensitivity is dead on.
  10. Andyman
    Apr 2, 2008
    This would be one of the very best Wii games, were it not for the completely idiotic design choice of requiring the nunchuk. Holding the remote sideways would have made more sense, or even allowing the classic controller - so, -2 points for that. Other than that, it's an exceptionally fun game featuring most of the classic Williams pins from the day. Here's hoping it sells well This would be one of the very best Wii games, were it not for the completely idiotic design choice of requiring the nunchuk. Holding the remote sideways would have made more sense, or even allowing the classic controller - so, -2 points for that. Other than that, it's an exceptionally fun game featuring most of the classic Williams pins from the day. Here's hoping it sells well enough to warrant a Bally Collection! Expand
  11. MalcolmM.
    Sep 3, 2008
    Great collection of pinball games. The graphics aren't that good, but the playability is tops. One or two of the oldest tables are not worth playing much, but there are lots of gems here - highly recommended.
  12. TimS.
    Sep 30, 2008
    The best console pinball game ever. Only complaint, I wish there was a little more background history on each of the tables. Buy this now!!
  13. aspentitan
    Jan 22, 2010
    This is a must have game if you own a Wii and you should be able to find this game new for $15 or less. Being a pinball nut I have always bought pretty much any pinball game discs I came across hoping one would actually be good. I
  14. JasonS.
    Apr 9, 2008
    This is the best execution you can ask for from pinball emulation. And as for entertainment value, this is one of the most fun games you can buy.
  15. EricS.
    May 7, 2008
    I'd consider myself only a moderate pinball fan, but this game is the definition of addiction. Throughout the years I've played many video game pinball games, beginning with the NES version of Pinbot, but never before has a real pinball table been translated to a video game so well - let alone 10 of them. At 3 bucks a table, you can't afford to pass this one up if I'd consider myself only a moderate pinball fan, but this game is the definition of addiction. Throughout the years I've played many video game pinball games, beginning with the NES version of Pinbot, but never before has a real pinball table been translated to a video game so well - let alone 10 of them. At 3 bucks a table, you can't afford to pass this one up if you're a pinball fan in the least. Also,.. I'd like to point out that the GamesRadar review is wrong in it's gripe about unlocking tables. At least on the Wii version, you can unlock them by completing the 5 table goals, OR 4/5 of the wizard goals(which are not as hard as GR implies), OR by spending 100 credits. You earn a handful of credits for each goal you complete, as well as 1 for each after-game match and free ball earned. Anyone spending a relatively average amount of time playing this game should have no trouble unlocking everything in a matter of a few hours(in a 4 hour session on Taxi, I was able to complete all 10 goals, unlock 2 tables, and unlock Taxi's secret options). ..as well as earn over 100 credits which translates to a third unlocked table. There's half of the unlocks right there. Bottom line.. buy it. Expand
  16. Dervacumen
    Jun 5, 2008
    As a pinball nut, the intuitive integration of the nudge technique using the controllers puts this sim far, far ahead of any other pinball game. The only reason I didn't give this a ten was because you can't take out your frustration by causing an intention tilt after the ball drains. C'mon, how the heck to I kick the darn thing?
  17. ChrisJ.
    Sep 13, 2008
    This game really surprised me. I bought it because of the positive review and it only being $20 at Best Buy didn't hurt. I am a huge pinball fan and was very skeptical that this would be even remotely fun. Turns out, it is very fun. Does a very good job of replicating the physics of real world pinball and recreates the games in all of their original glory. I have played Taxi and Fun This game really surprised me. I bought it because of the positive review and it only being $20 at Best Buy didn't hurt. I am a huge pinball fan and was very skeptical that this would be even remotely fun. Turns out, it is very fun. Does a very good job of replicating the physics of real world pinball and recreates the games in all of their original glory. I have played Taxi and Fun House in real life and they appear here exactly as I remember. Plus with this version, you don't have to worry about an unlevel table or worn out parts. Expand
  18. LarryC
    Oct 18, 2009
    A great game for the true pinball fan. Each game closely mimics the real pinball game. It would have been better to add more exciting games such as Twilight Zone or Adams Family, but several of the games are fun.
  19. DaveV
    Dec 25, 2008
    Best Pinball sim ever, the physics and flow of the game are great. I wish they included some newer pinball tables. I hope they come out with another one. Best game on the Wi so far
  20. KevinG
    Mar 31, 2008
    Anyone who likes pinball in the slightest will be thrilled with this game. I urge you to buy this game so there will be sequels that hopefully will include the Adams Family and Creature From the Black Lagoon.
  21. SethM.
    Apr 26, 2008
    A fantastic collections of tables with very realistic physics and sounds.
  22. Sep 11, 2010
    Probably the most realized pinball simulator I've ever played. The pinball machines presented here are entertaining, and depending on the style of pinball machine you prefer, completely addictive. I also appreciate that, aside from just gunning for high score, each table has their own goals that allows you to unlock some pretty snazzy features.
  23. Sep 21, 2010

1. If you do like pinball, you're in luck--Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection is as close to owning a real pinball table as most people are going to get. [Apr 2008, p.90]
    Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection was made for pinball wizards: it's a fantastic fan service of the game's recent past that puts excellent attention to the detail of the genre.
  3. This collection of 10 pinball tables offers more than enough variety to justify the price that you pay for infinite credits.