Pokemon Battle Revolution Wii

6.7

1. May 7, 2016
    Doesn't feel right, feels a bit like a game in which you lose all the creativity of Pokemon, have extremely limited options, increased repetitiveness and you cannot even catch pokemon at the cost of better graphics.
  2. Feb 27, 2015
    The graphics look good for the Wii, but other than that, the game gets extremely repetitive. There are not enough Pokemon in this game to keep me interested.
  3. Dec 30, 2014
    While its visuals and music are impressive, the game as a whole is bland with not a lot of substance within the games' content. The game is fun, but only for about thirty minutes.
  4. Jun 1, 2014
    This is a rather tricky game to review.

The game gets a lot of things right: The soundtrack, the visuals (especially for the Wii), replay value, customization and bang for your buck. The soudtrack is catchy and well composed, the visuals are honestly some of the best on the Wii and the customization options are borderline limitless. However, replay value and bang for your buck are
    This is a rather tricky game to review.

However, replay value and bang for your buck are subjective. To fully enjoy the game, you have to have any of the Gen IV games (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold & SoulSilver). If you don't have any of these titles, the game becomes very dull due to the very boring single player mode. This is something XD and Colosseum do well enough, this game just has competitions and tournaments, not a true single player campaign.

If you have any of the titles mentioned, you are going to have a ridiculous amount of fun with this game. However if you don't have any of those titles, either buy just one of these titles or skip the game.
  5. Feb 26, 2014
    This game is a revolution for its graphics 3d and its controlle i dont understand why have a bad score.
    From my point view it is a great game for all.
  6. Feb 22, 2014
    Personally, I love this game, but I'm in the demographic that gamefreak was targeting with it. You have to be into competitive battling to enjoy it. That's why they have the feature to download your own teams into the game using your DS. If you're a casual player or newcomer, I would recommend a regular pokemon adventure game, However if you're into competitive battling, then there isPersonally, I love this game, but I'm in the demographic that gamefreak was targeting with it. You have to be into competitive battling to enjoy it. That's why they have the feature to download your own teams into the game using your DS. If you're a casual player or newcomer, I would recommend a regular pokemon adventure game, However if you're into competitive battling, then there is nothing that compares to the rush this game gives you. The atmosphere, the graphics, the mechanics, your personal avatar, the challenges it's amazing. Expand
  7. Aug 30, 2013
    To call this a game would be criminal. Merely a vessel for HD Pokémon battling with third dimentional models. With the downloadable content, consisting of only a couple promotional Pokémon, it was a feature greatly squandered of purpose. Only worth a few hours of fun seeing your favorite Pokémon battle in an essentially castrated version of Pokémon Stadium.
  8. Aug 19, 2013
    It's Pokemon Stadium without the rentals, and that what breaks it. The game has nice visuals and plays like Pokemon Stadium, but without the rentals it just becomes a big mess for people who don't have a DS.
  9. Aug 10, 2013
    Pokemon stadium was a really great game for the most part, the game has some nice parts to it. This game is ok not great just good. You can either use the games Pokemon or copy over yours. The online is ok and nothing special bout it. The story is non existence and the music is very basic action music. In the end this is nothing great but if you really want to see your Pokemon in 3D thanPokemon stadium was a really great game for the most part, the game has some nice parts to it. This game is ok not great just good. You can either use the games Pokemon or copy over yours. The online is ok and nothing special bout it. The story is non existence and the music is very basic action music. In the end this is nothing great but if you really want to see your Pokemon in 3D than its really cool Expand
  10. Aug 6, 2013
    Let's put it this way. This game is utterly miserable, completely unfair if you do not have a DS, as you have to resort to the mediocre rental teams. Even if you do have one, this at best feels a 3D Battle Frontier. Just buy the Gen 4 Pokemon games, they probably cheaper than this lukewarm soup of a game.
  11. Apr 22, 2013
    Nintendo on the Gamecube released two very competent games, XD and Colosseum which had a decent story and were thoroughly enjoyable. Nintendo has taken a step backwards with this insipid attempt at a Pokemon Stadium game. That had minigames, this doesn't.

No plot, online with friend codes is an outdated way to play online. Battles are all you do in this game. There is just menus, you do not get to explore the island at all. This is like a poor man's Battle Frontier, except that's the game. I cannot give this game higher than a 3. It just fails on so many levels.

Some good things are good visuals, great to see you can use your 4th gen pokemon, can link with 4th gen games, but the bad FAR outweighs the good.
  12. Apr 21, 2013
    Nice design and animation. The moves actually make contact and have excellent effects. People say the main thing wrong with the game is the need to have a DS to actually do something, otherwise you'll use the same Pokemon and lose, and I agree, but, only Pokemon fans for the most part play this, and most Pokemon fans have a DS and Pokemon
  13. Nov 20, 2011
    As a huge fan of the Pokemon franchise, I can safely say that this game is TERRIBLE beyond belief. I'm surprised that people are giving it such high scores.

Gameplay: It follows the traditional JRPG gameplay. A turn based battle between two people. However, since there is absolutely no exploring that makes Pokemon so great and engaging, the gameplay in this game tends to get boring in less than an hour. And the fact that the two default Pokemon trainer cards you get don't even contain any strong Pokemon really ruin the experience when you're facing such powerhouses later in the game. Usually in a Pokemon game I give the gameplay a 10/10 for exploration AND a turn based RPG battle that is both engaging and makes you want more, but PBR deserves a 4/10 in this aspect.

Controls: Just point with your Wii Remote and press A...simple as that. Boring as anything
    10/10 I guess since you can't really screw pointing and clicking.

Graphics: Only good aspect of the game. For the Wii, I feel that the graphics are well done and inviting. The Pokemon look cool and the attacks are also pretty nice. 9/10

Music and sounds: The music annoys me. Not one good soundtrack from the game. This is quite a shock since Pokemon has such amazing tracks in pretty much every installment. Truly a disappointment. The sound effects of the Pokemon attacks are good, though. But the announcer is annoying! Every time a Pokemon attacks, he needs to comment on it. His voice gets on my nerves. Like we know the Pokemon fainted; there's no need to point that out!

Story: There is none! 0/10

Overall: I do not recommend this game to anyone, even the hardcore Pokemon fans. The only reason why one MIGHT want it is if one has Diamond and Pearl. Then they can just use those Pokmeon and experience some 3-D battling. But I've tried that and even that gets boring after about an hour. This game gets a 3.4/10. Terrible game. Rent it if you truly want to play it. But don't spend 10+ dollars on this piece of garbage.
  14. Nov 8, 2011
    You'll enjoy it, but only if you have a generation 4 pokemon game: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver. You'll need one of these games because there are very few pokemon available in the game without one of them. Pokemon Battle Revolution has great graphics and a lot of battles available.
  15. Jul 11, 2011
    Mediocre, repetitive, bland and short of content, I had my hopes to liked it, but it's to boring to start with. Of course , is very cool the option to see your grown Pokemon to battle in the big screen, tho, thats the only great and original feature in it. Other than that , its plagued with battle's every time, if they added the exploration system like what they did with Gale of DarknessMediocre, repetitive, bland and short of content, I had my hopes to liked it, but it's to boring to start with. Of course , is very cool the option to see your grown Pokemon to battle in the big screen, tho, thats the only great and original feature in it. Other than that , its plagued with battle's every time, if they added the exploration system like what they did with Gale of Darkness and Colosseum probably gained a favorable score. Expand
  16. WillT
    Dec 28, 2009
    This game is more underated than overated, graphics are one of the best on wii, extremely fun, brilliany multiplayer, great online, lots of customisation, got a DS, got pearl, diamond or platinum then this game is for you! if all you haters want a storyline, then go buy gale of darkness and a gamecube pad
  17. MarkP
    Nov 24, 2009
    They could have done so much more with this. I have enjoyed seeing my pokemon in 3D on the big screen, but the animations are so lazy and some things they don't even do. Things like, if you miss, it just tells you, theres no animation of a move missing. When it rains, there's no rain, it just tells you! And as for single player there isn't really enough of worth. So They could have done so much more with this. I have enjoyed seeing my pokemon in 3D on the big screen, but the animations are so lazy and some things they don't even do. Things like, if you miss, it just tells you, theres no animation of a move missing. When it rains, there's no rain, it just tells you! And as for single player there isn't really enough of worth. So it's kinda cool if you have a DS and friends to play with, but I'd hold on for a better made game. Expand
  18. [anonymous]
    Aug 13, 2009
    Loved it! Great graphics, lighting, and sound. Downloading Poke'mon from DS to Wii was a quick and easy. For those of you who are whinning about how you NEED a DS to play, STOP because you don't NEED one. If you think that, go buy one you little cry babies.
  19. zackb
    Jul 23, 2009
    Its a good game with good graficks but it alsowe sucks because of no adventure mode and lack of player custumeizing after playing it for a mounth of playing, you get board atherwize its cool for pokemon lovers like my self and the WIFI is a good part
  20. ZachS.
    Aug 11, 2008
    This is a pretty good game> It just doesn't have a story or any way to level ur poke'mon up. But the graphics are very good.
  21. DanieloP.
    Jul 10, 2008
    Because is a game that you can explore and have creatures or pokemons in this case
  22. ManoelQ.
    Jun 11, 2008
    The Graphics are great and the lights are incredible. The attacks are well done and the Pokémon are great. But it disappoints any fan of the series because the trainer customization is much less than we expected and we all know Pokémon 3D is the most cheated game ever, which makes you furious when you lose on the last turn because your Pokémon didn't hit an The Graphics are great and the lights are incredible. The attacks are well done and the Pokémon are great. But it disappoints any fan of the series because the trainer customization is much less than we expected and we all know Pokémon 3D is the most cheated game ever, which makes you furious when you lose on the last turn because your Pokémon didn't hit an attack with 95% chance of being successful and your opponent successfully uses a move with 30% chance of hitting. A Pokémon 3D with minigames only would be a lot better. Expand
  23. AndreA.
    May 17, 2008
    All Bling very little substance, and action. Needs you to buy DS game to add promised functionality.
    Mar 31, 2008
    For me, this is a game that many pokemon fans should get especially if you have a Nintendo DS and Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.
  25. WalterCool
    Feb 14, 2008
    Without DS, this game SUCKS, you cant select pokemons, are in sets.
  26. MichaelK.
    Dec 27, 2007
    This is the second most played game in my families collection - after Lego Star Wars. My kids are fanatical about it. They love Pokeman. After playing this with them, I finally understand what the hell they have been doing with all those cards.
  27. ThisGuy
    Dec 26, 2007
    It's alright, but only if you actually have Diamond or Pearl. In my opinion however, Stadium for the N64 was a lot better, and so much more could have been done with this really.
  28. OmarS.
    Oct 1, 2007
    I like the graphics and music, its not a bad game really like this person below it lacks story modes and mini-games, but i've seen it and its really good, by the way i think you missed 'physically hit each other' because they never used to do that in the previous games.
  29. SolomonR.
    Sep 20, 2007
    The stage music is great and its really cool to see pokemon physically for the first time, though it may lack a storyline and mini-games like in the stadium series on N64 it still pretty awesome, espicially wi-fi play, I recommend this game to anyone who is a pokemon fan.
  30. TomY.
    Aug 14, 2007
    This game is a total letdown. There is no story!
  31. JohnA.
    Aug 1, 2007
    This game sucks its the worst Pokemon game yo will ever play you have to get Pokemon from other Trainers.
  32. IanI.
    Jul 9, 2007
    While the apeal of this game was plainly that it was the ONLY wii game yet to have online functionality it fails there just as miserably as it does everywhere else.
  33. FormerReviewer
    Jun 28, 2007
    Why does Nintendo continually use their consoles to supplement a portable game? Shallow gameplay, no questing, and no enhancements make this as big of a loser as Stadium, Colosseum, etc. Make a stinking Pokemon console RPG already, Nintendo!!!
  34. RahulS.
    Jun 27, 2007
    This game can really depend if you want to see beautifully rendered pokemon on the televison. This is one of the prettiest games on the wii, and the avatar that you get to make in the game is GREAt, it has more customizable features than the mii channel. I recommend this game to pokemon fans.
  35. Apr 21, 2013

#18 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2007
#10 Most Shared Wii Game of 2007

1. Graphically, this game is incredible. Physical attacks cause Pokemon to actually make contact, and Special attacks damage the scenery. The Pokemon themselves are rendered incredibly well, as are the trainers. [JPN Import]
  2. Games Master UK
    It should come packaged with "Diamond/Pearl" for an extra 5 quid. It doesn't. Avoid. [Jan 2007, p.70]
  3. Nintendo Gamer