7.2

1. Mar 4, 2018
    As you guys may remember from my review, I actually enjoyed "Poképark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure." Sure, it has its drawbacks, but it's a fun little adventure for the short time it lasts. So, when I heard that a new "Poképark" game was being released, known as "Poképark 2: Wonders Beyond," I was reasonably excited. Even though the reviews were less than stellar for this one, so too were theAs you guys may remember from my review, I actually enjoyed "Poképark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure." Sure, it has its drawbacks, but it's a fun little adventure for the short time it lasts. So, when I heard that a new "Poképark" game was being released, known as "Poképark 2: Wonders Beyond," I was reasonably excited. Even though the reviews were less than stellar for this one, so too were the reviews of the first game, and I still walked away from that one quite happy. And ultimately, I walked away from this game even happier.
    "Poképark 2: Wonders Beyond" retains many of the great things about the original game: the vibrant and colorful visuals, the simple but fun and accessible gameplay, and the appearance of a lot of different types of Pokémon. However, along with these things, this new adventure brought about some nice changes as well: the visuals have been polished up compared to the first game, as shown through the more detailed and smoother animations on the characters, the combat is a bit better in that the Pokémon have brand new, more varied sets of attacks in the game, the controls have been refined a bit to feel a lot less frustrating, and the story is quite different from the last entry. Don't let the colorful, vibrant artwork on the front cover fool you, this game's story is actually far more developed, and a bit darker, than "Poképark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure," and all the better for it, as it makes things a bit more interesting. And, while the music in the first game was good and enjoyable, I actually found quite a few of the tracks in this game to be even better. It's clear this entry was far more polished than the last, and it's all the better for it.
    There are a few minor flaws with this game: once again, it does get a bit repetitive, and the ending of the game once again feels like it was built around the idea of padding. The game also isn't all that long, and you may not find much reason to go back to it after one play, and finally, the fact that there are fewer minigames this time around does hurt a little bit.
    Even so, these are just minor flaws in a game that, surprisingly enough, actually feels like an improvement on its predecessor. "Poképark 2: Wonders Beyond" is a really enjoyable game and I definitely suggest giving it a play. It isn't the longest game in the world, but while it lasts, you should enjoy yourself with it. I sure did.
    Final rating: 8 out of 10 "Great"
  2. Jul 28, 2016
    Wonders Beyond is a great sequel to a great game. Its the last PokePark game but the game is still great and whoever hates it I don't know why you hate it.
  3. Jan 9, 2016
    Spent roughly 10 hours on this the other day with my godson. While the controls are pretty horrific, there's plenty of gaming to be had and the level of difficulty isn't too bad so kids can get into it and enjoy it. Unlocking the multiplayer mini-games is a must. Surprisingly fun title if you can get past the crappy controls.
  4. Feb 6, 2013
    Although definitly targeted towards kids, PokePark 2 delivered what the original couldn't. Now with 4 different playable characters, better forms of upgrading, a better story and better controls. While there aren't nearly as many Minigames as there was in the original, which makes the making friends part seem a lot less important, it makes up for it in the pretty areas. While the gameAlthough definitly targeted towards kids, PokePark 2 delivered what the original couldn't. Now with 4 different playable characters, better forms of upgrading, a better story and better controls. While there aren't nearly as many Minigames as there was in the original, which makes the making friends part seem a lot less important, it makes up for it in the pretty areas. While the game definitly isn't made for adults, some Pokemon fans could find some enjoyment out of this game, maybe even a gem. Expand
  5. Aug 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutely amazing game, geared towards kids but still a masterpiece nonetheless. Obviously not a game for everyone, but if you enjoy pokemon, this game will fit right into your collection. Expand
  6. Apr 13, 2012
    This game is definitely aimed at the younger Pokemaniacs, but older fans like myself can still get enjoyment out of it if they keep an open mind, it's not as good as the first PokePark game do to looser controls and by just not being as much fun, but it manages to expand on what the first game offered in the way of new content, for instance this time you don't just play as Pikachu butThis game is definitely aimed at the younger Pokemaniacs, but older fans like myself can still get enjoyment out of it if they keep an open mind, it's not as good as the first PokePark game do to looser controls and by just not being as much fun, but it manages to expand on what the first game offered in the way of new content, for instance this time you don't just play as Pikachu but also Tepig, Snivy, and Oshawott after you meet them, and you can switch between them on the fly anytime you want, and you'll need to use each of their special abilities in your adventure, it also adds side-scrolling sections and a few other new features to keep things fresh, it also has some multiplayer attractions to play with so that's also nice, and you'll still be befriending all sorts of Pokemon just like the last game, you also get free roam after the main quest so you can make sure to befriend them all, and it's all adorable do to the cute graphics and world, even the loading screens are adorable, and as a gamer who typically plays more serious and violent games it was nice to spend time in the lighthearted PokePark with some of my favorite Pokemon, I recommend it and I definitely see myself returning in the days to come. Expand

#6 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2012
#6 Most Shared Wii Game of 2012

1. Apr 17, 2012
    PokéPark 2 suffers from clunky controls and a lack of challenge. Only the young Pokémon fans will overlook that for an overall happy and cuddly game.
  2. Apr 12, 2012
    PokePark 2 is, more or less, on the same footing as the Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball games. It's much more kid friendly, of course. But like DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball and Xtreme 2, PokePark 2 is all about playing nice and doing favours (or maybe even "battling") in hopes of acquiring more friends in this world devoid of humans trying to stuff unwitting creatures into Pokeballs.
  3. Apr 10, 2012
    PokéPark 2: Wonders Beyond could have been something great for the fans of Pikachu & friends, but the game disappoints with bad controls, the missing rpg-elements and a poor presentation.