PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure Wii

7.2

1. Apr 19, 2013
    This is a CASUAL game. For a CASUAL game, it provides good mini games and reminisces parts of Snap on the N64. If this game had more depth, it would be a better game. For a casual game it is quite good but by no means is this a good game for a game itself.
  2. May 27, 2013
    I was hoping that a game starring Pikachu would be pretty good one. instead, I played a fairly decent title. The story for the game is very simple. You never get any other twists or turns in the story, it remains the same as you go throughout the game. I do like playing games with simple stories, but this one feels a little too simple, since nothing else happens. the gameplay for this gameI was hoping that a game starring Pikachu would be pretty good one. instead, I played a fairly decent title. The story for the game is very simple. You never get any other twists or turns in the story, it remains the same as you go throughout the game. I do like playing games with simple stories, but this one feels a little too simple, since nothing else happens. the gameplay for this game I'll say is passable. this game has a heavy focus on its mini-games, so important Pokémon aspects, like battling, become such little things. this game really wants you to make new friends in the park and then use them in mini-games. I don't feel that this is natural for a Pokémon game, but I'll let it pass, since this is the first in a spin-off series. the control isn't all that good for the game. moving Pikachu around with the Wiimote sideways gets finicky at times, and I wish the game could have supported other controller options. the soundtrack is ok at best. most tunes are easily forgettable, and even then, each tune ranges from decent to mediocre. the graphics are actually pretty good. each character looks like they've been ripped from the anime into the game, and even has its anime voice actors(who also do a good job). My complaints with the game is repetitiveness, dialogue, and its difficulty. the dialogue can be a bit confusing sometimes, and even in a few cases there are typos in the dialogue, some not even fixed yet. as for repetitiveness, I'm mainly talking about the mini-games that occur when getting new friends. you have to either play tag with them, hide and seek, or battle them. as much as I love to battle in the game, it gets repetitive very easy, as there are about 100 friends to befriend here, and to do these mini-games about 33 times each, no thanks. Lastly, I felt that the game was way too easy. Nintendo obviously wanted to appeal to casual gamers, and that's very evident I this game. Pokémon games should be able to keep their simple nature while giving challenge once in a while. Overall, PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure is a decent game. its simple nature and gameplay can be great for casual gamers, but its difficulty and repetitiveness can be a shut-off to some Pokémon fans. Expand

#24 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2010
#25 Most Shared Wii Game of 2010

1. Jan 16, 2011
    Poképark Wii is an entertaining game for every fan of the pokemon series, but too unambitious for other players that aren't related to Pokémon.
  2. Dec 21, 2010
    With fun motion-control based mini-games, up to 193 Pokemon to befriend, lots of areas to explore and leveling up to do, Pikachu's Adventure offers a lot of content.
  3. Dec 21, 2010
    For what it is, PokéPark Wii is an endearing little game that is sure to incite nostalgia in longtime fans of the series.