8.5

1. Aug 7, 2013
    Project Zero 2 was one of the PS2-Games, which I loved and I will never stop loving. It can bee seen as a classic. I was very happy, when I saw Project Zero 2 for the Wii and I bought it right in the moment, when I saw it. The graphics, gameplay and also some features are better than in the PS2-Version. They took some of the gameplay out of Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (The ghost-hand and the cameraview is behind the charakter from now on for example).
    Not only this game is one of the best Horrorgames for the Nintendo Wii but one of the best Horrorgames of all times. There is one feature added, which was'nt inside Crimson Butterfly for PS2. The Haunted Houses oder "Ghosthouses". This is a bonus added with more gameplay, which is working like a rail-shooter. The maingame mostly was'nt changed, but the changes, that are there (Controls, Graphics, Additional Gameplay Features, etc.) are for the better.
    If you have a Nintendo Wii, I strongly recommend to buy this game!
  2. Jul 2, 2012
    El juego que necesitaba la Wii tras Silent Hill, uno de los grandes del terror sin ninguna duda, si te gustanl os survival horrors ni lo pienses, este juego es para ti :D
  3. Dec 30, 2012
    If you're waiting for the game to scare you, you will be disappointed. However, if you like adventure games with horror elements and good story and background, it's worth picking up. I recommend the very first Project Zero though. Even with some improvements (And very good remake), the game is still behind it.

The best thing about the game is the background, enviroment and the story.
    While the story does have some silly things, it keeps its interest since it isin't very generic. The Japanese structures make the enviroment feel fresh and it looks nice. The background has a lot of interesting things which keeps the player searching notes and diaries.

The game does have flaws though. The reason I can't call this game to be scary is due to how easy it is. My main reason of Project Zero 1 being scary is because the encounters were difficult. The player's camera can take special photos which decrease the amount of damage for a while etc, and it's quite easy to dodge attacks. Difficulty made Project Zero 1 even more scary than Amnesia and it made fighting very "fun" from the beginning to the end. The puzzles are a lot more varied now but sadly those are a lot more rare. It's mostly about finding certain keyes, there are only very few proper puzzles. The game does still feel nicely paced though.

As for the remake, I would call it a good remake. The camera is now better since it's now behind the player instead of acting as a fixed camera. The graphics are very good, but ghosts don't really look scary due to their more realistic look. More blurried and less human like ghosts felt better and gave more horror look for the game. The player can now escape ghosts' attacks by shaking the Wiimote, making it even easier than the original version. The remake has also added Haunted House mode. It has good idea: doing something very simple like holding "A" button and try to avoid moving Wiimote too much and maybe taking snapshots of specific thingswhile at it. Unfortunately there isin't really anything scary; ghosts just appear and act like they try to attack you, objects drop, or weird sounds appear.

Even though this game has taken few steps back compared to the first Project Zero, it's still very entertaining experience and I recommend buying it. Just don't expect chill touches for your horror entertaiment.

1. Oct 14, 2012
    Still a very good horror adventure. Too bad the bit too shaky camera controls are not an improvement. [Sept 2012]
  2. Sep 18, 2012
    A great survival horror with combat that exacerbates the tension rather than distracts from its. [Oct 2012, p.65]
  3. Sep 14, 2012
    Project Zero 2: Wii Edition is a state of the art survival horror, and this alone should be enough to tempt the genre's aficionados.