Raving Rabbids: Travel in Time Wii

• Release Date: Nov 21, 2010
  • Also On: 3DS
7.6

1. Nov 27, 2011
    I've played all the Raving Rabbids games on the Wii. I've enjoyed most of them for what they are. The first three, in fact, I consider to be great mini game collections that are a blast to play with friends and family. I even enjoyed Rabbid's Go Home, even if it was a departure for the series. I was excited for Travel in Time, but I have to say, I was very disappointed. The mini games areI've played all the Raving Rabbids games on the Wii. I've enjoyed most of them for what they are. The first three, in fact, I consider to be great mini game collections that are a blast to play with friends and family. I even enjoyed Rabbid's Go Home, even if it was a departure for the series. I was excited for Travel in Time, but I have to say, I was very disappointed. The mini games are ok. Some are fun, some are ok, but more than a few of them are a mess. There is little in the way of instructions or details on how to play the mini games. But the biggest offender is the lack of any cohesive multiplayer mode. In single player, you basically run around a sparse and boring hub, slowing unlocking more mini games. For multiplayer... you do the same. Except now you play real people in the mini games. Thats it. No score keeping. No tracking who is ahead. Not even the funny pink toilet paper roll to further insult the third or fourth place gamer! You just run around and play mini games in the hub with no real structure. This is not fun. And I don't understand this design choice at all. The first three games in the series had structure for the multiplayer (you could either choose preset sets of mini games and play them til the end and a winner is declared, or make custom tournaments... you were even treated to a funny cutscene as the winners took their place on the podium and the loser met some tragic end...). So the developers know how to make a structured party game, even if it is nothing more than a simple tournament... so why make a party game, a sequel no less, and leave out any such mode? I really hope this series continues, but I will not be buying another one until I confirm that there is a proper multiplayer mode included. This is one of my favorite series on the Wii... I hope this isn't the way things are going to go for the series going forward... I don't mind them taking some risks or making spin off games (like Rabbids Go Home) from time to time... but please keep the party games, well, actually playable at parties. Expand
  2. Jul 17, 2011
    Raving Rabbids was very good, but since then the Quality dropped until Rabbids go Home. But it's a shame to see that they've gotten even worse. The Minigames aren't great, it takes forever to load Games and the CPUs are just plain annoying. Also, it's got nothing to it. A Couple of the Minigames are alright but most Disappoint.

#32 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2010

1. May 3, 2011
    It's always been more fun playing with friends than spending time alone with the rabbids – diluting their shouty impact makes them a little more palatable – that seems to be underlined with this collection.
  2. Games Master UK
    Feb 18, 2011
    The Rabbids are engagingly repulsive as ever but the games fall flat. [Feb 2011, p.83]
  3. Feb 4, 2011
    The loading issues may plague the experience somewhat, but Raving Rabbids Travel in Time stands out on Wii in a crowded mini-game compilation field. The game works best as a family experience, aiming toward a younger demographic, but boasts some impressive online integration that even the most hardcore gamer will enjoy.