Rayman Origins Wii

8.4

1. Apr 12, 2017
    The presentation in this game is fantastic. The music has a creative style and helps build atmosphere, and the artwork is some of the most creative I've seen in a video game, at some points directly affecting the level design. And about the level design - it's carefully made so that each level feels different from another, they don't just blend together. The controls are very good, forThe presentation in this game is fantastic. The music has a creative style and helps build atmosphere, and the artwork is some of the most creative I've seen in a video game, at some points directly affecting the level design. And about the level design - it's carefully made so that each level feels different from another, they don't just blend together. The controls are very good, for lack of a better word. The way Rayman's moves are designed combined with the level design makes it fun and extremely satisfying to speedrun through all the levels, and you never feel like you need to blame the controls. The thing that might turn some people away from this game is the difficulty, which some players may not be used to (if you're new to Rayman you will find yourself retrying certain levels a LOT) but the difficulty isn't a problem to people experienced with platformers. If you are a fan of free-flowing 2D platformers I seriously recommend this game to you. Expand
  2. Apr 8, 2017
    Es un juego muy bueno pero le faltan algumas cosas q su sucesor mejora. Pero bueno es un plataforma frenetico, lleno de alegria y diversion q le ensena a Mario y a Sonic como se hacen los plataformas en 2D. Aprendan del nuevo maestro
  3. Apr 1, 2016
    Rayman Origins is an adventure for Rayman fans out there. It's what makes a game so fun that you don't want it to finish until you feel like you want to finish it.
  4. Sep 27, 2015
    Took a lesson from New Super Mario Bros. Wii on how to make a great co-op single screen 4-player platformer. I'd say it's more difficult than Mario. So far I haven't gotten enough lums to get a medal on a single level.
  5. Mar 15, 2015
    I can't understand why people are raving this game is so awesome. It really isn't that special

PROS
    -Good graphics
    -Fun concept

Cons
    -Boring story
    -Surprisingly frustrating
  6. Nov 20, 2014
    Rayman is back to glory! This 2D-platformer brings back what made the first games so fantastic - very neat graphics, near-perfect controlls and that action-adventure feeling.
  7. Oct 3, 2014
    Rayman origins is gorgeous game that really captures the original Rayman in a better way other than the great graphics this game is filled with fun soundtracks,tunes, and awesome characters.and for people out there looking for a game that is great but not difficult Rayman is for you. the only con i can say is that you die very quickly
  8. Jun 27, 2014
    With controls & level design that rival Super Meat Boy, this game is the best in its class! Though it is a little too hard for me, if you have a 2nd player, with just about any skill level, you'll do fine.
  9. Nov 22, 2013
    Rayman games are a favorite of Game Legends and Raya Origins is one of the best games I've ever played great grapics an characters and the nightmares Ubisoft never don't please Game Legends and all gamers all around the world.
  10. Sep 5, 2013
    They get it! Even with the low power of Wii Ubisoft did a really decent version of Rayman Origins, i really appreciate the gameplay like in the others versions and the visual it's really good.
  11. Aug 6, 2013
    rayman origins is best rayman game ever over 60 levels this game is complete when are collects all ten skull theets and comlete land of the live dead.
  12. Feb 12, 2013
    At first when I read about this, I thought it would just be a rip-off of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but more colourful. When I picked it up, I could not have been more wrong! First thing about this game that is good is the art style. The cartoony look really brings out the best in this game! Second: the way the characters interact with the world. I played most of this game with my brotherAt first when I read about this, I thought it would just be a rip-off of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but more colourful. When I picked it up, I could not have been more wrong! First thing about this game that is good is the art style. The cartoony look really brings out the best in this game! Second: the way the characters interact with the world. I played most of this game with my brother and the way you see Rayman and Globox interact with the Glade of Dreams is amazing. Its not like the usual Nintendo titles where the main character always looks like they are on a mission. No, Rayman and his mates are going on this adventure for fun! And thirdly: This game is fun! Personally, I think this game is much better than the traditional Mario games. Even my brother, who doesn't play much games bar FIFA, loved it. Honestly, one of the funnest games I have ever played. A must buy! Expand
  13. Jan 28, 2013
    It's perfect, except for a few minor bugs. Although they can be frustrating, they are not game breaking. Getting everything can be pretty brutal :)
  14. Jul 29, 2012
    Quel jeu ! Ni trop court, ni trop long, la difficulté est progressive et permet au joueur de s'adapter aux nouveaux pouvoirs que l'on obtient au fil du scénario. Les designers ont effectué un travail énorme pour donner un côté poétique aux décors, à la musique. Et c'est sûrement grâce à cela que l'on souhaiteQuel jeu ! Ni trop court, ni trop long, la difficulté est progressive et permet au joueur de s'adapter aux nouveaux pouvoirs que l'on obtient au fil du scénario. Les designers ont effectué un travail énorme pour donner un côté poétique aux décors, à la musique. Et c'est sûrement grâce à cela que l'on souhaite continuer à jouer, même après avoir perdu une trentaine de fois d'affilée !
    L'aspect multijoueur garantit des heures de fun entre amis, mais il vaut mieux s'attaquer aux coffrapattes en solo, étant donné que les mouvements à effectuer sont quasi-chorégraphiques.
  15. Apr 2, 2012
    I am a huge fan of the Rayman series. I started out with Rayman 1 when I was a child and it was my favourite. When I heard that Rayman Origins was going back to 2D, I was thrilled! So, is the game worth it? Definitely!

It is fast paced, witty and gorgeous. The soundtrack is amazing and fits this crazy world perfectly. I would say that the game is difficult by today's standards, but not unmanageable. If you want to get to 100 % completion, you'd better have a lot of time on your hands.

If you have 30 â
  16. Mar 12, 2012
    I loved the past raymans. However, this game is rigged with bugs and errors that make it hard to play. The game is very boring and is a total step back. Why go back to outdated 2D? The series has done great in 3D and thats how fans enjoyed it. Good thing rayman 3 is coming in HD later march 2012. This game is a total fail. Im a LONG TIME fan, and it SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. Do not buy thisI loved the past raymans. However, this game is rigged with bugs and errors that make it hard to play. The game is very boring and is a total step back. Why go back to outdated 2D? The series has done great in 3D and thats how fans enjoyed it. Good thing rayman 3 is coming in HD later march 2012. This game is a total fail. Im a LONG TIME fan, and it SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. Do not buy this terrible game. Expand
  17. Feb 29, 2012
    I am not really a platformer fan. Back in the megadrive/snes (and before) days - I was more comfortable playing 'shining force' than super mario world. Chrono trigger over sonic. This game however, is just so fine tuned, so charming, so well designed - so incredible. That it won me over. I probably won't go back to the old platformers. I will - however - go back to this game. I'd argueI am not really a platformer fan. Back in the megadrive/snes (and before) days - I was more comfortable playing 'shining force' than super mario world. Chrono trigger over sonic. This game however, is just so fine tuned, so charming, so well designed - so incredible. That it won me over. I probably won't go back to the old platformers. I will - however - go back to this game. I'd argue it's a better overall game than any of those classics. Oh, it also looks utterly incredible due to the incredibly drawn visuals and animation. Expand
  18. Feb 14, 2012
    This is by far the best platforming game I have ever played. The 2D graphics are good and smooth, the color is vibrant and stunning, and the enemies present a challenge even in the beginning. The complexity of the chain reactions that can occur can get to extreme levels of craziness, and I'm all over that. The only thing I must say that is negative is that the game didn't need to throw inThis is by far the best platforming game I have ever played. The 2D graphics are good and smooth, the color is vibrant and stunning, and the enemies present a challenge even in the beginning. The complexity of the chain reactions that can occur can get to extreme levels of craziness, and I'm all over that. The only thing I must say that is negative is that the game didn't need to throw in the suggestive element with the fairies wearing revealing garments, including tight tops and INCREDIBLY short skirts. In a game like this, it doesn't look attractive in 2D, and it is a bit too racy for a E10+ game. Expand
  19. Jan 30, 2012
    This whole game is absolutely ridiculous in every way. Yet, that's why it's so good. The inane gibberish of the characters, the crazy level design and at times hilarious music makes this a game a laugh to play every time. As well as this though, it's a proper 2d platformer with a punishing difficulty late on though the physics may be too floaty for some. The game is fairly long and theThis whole game is absolutely ridiculous in every way. Yet, that's why it's so good. The inane gibberish of the characters, the crazy level design and at times hilarious music makes this a game a laugh to play every time. As well as this though, it's a proper 2d platformer with a punishing difficulty late on though the physics may be too floaty for some. The game is fairly long and the levels are very replayable. After years of being bossed about by a bunch of bunnies, I wasn't expecting Rayman to star in a platformer that manages to be a serious contender to some of Mario's best. Expand
  20. Icy
    Dec 30, 2011
    Far better than mario : Better gfx, great gameplay, lots of humour ( the various characters are really funny ), crazy multiplayer and beautiful music!
  21. Dec 12, 2011
    An amazingly beautiful and fun platformer. Rayman Origins has it all: fun challenging levels, gorgeous 2D graphics, catchy music, and very solid responsive controls. I would actually say that I had more fun playing this, especially multiplayer, than the New Super Mario Bros. I actually really wanted to replay levels over and over and collect as many lums as I could and get ALL 10 LividAn amazingly beautiful and fun platformer. Rayman Origins has it all: fun challenging levels, gorgeous 2D graphics, catchy music, and very solid responsive controls. I would actually say that I had more fun playing this, especially multiplayer, than the New Super Mario Bros. I actually really wanted to replay levels over and over and collect as many lums as I could and get ALL 10 Livid Dead teeth. My only small gripe with this game is that after beating the real final boss of this game, the ending was a bit of a let down :(. It was very short and uninspiring. Developers could have done a much better job with ending. Other than that, I would highly recommend this game to anyone looking for a very fun and challenging platformer. Expand
  22. Dec 4, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just finished this game (still missing some medals and lums) after countless hours of play.

This is old-school challenging platforming at its most beautiful and enjoyable. The tricky treasure levels will have you losing sleep, but the real treasure level is unlocked when you complete all 10 tricky treasure chases. Think of it as the biggest trick treasure level, times TEN. This is no Super Mario Galaxy... this game is made for diehard platformer fans.

I have not had this much fun on the Wii since Bit.Trip Runner was released. Sound, Music and Graphics are all superb, if a bit repetitive at times. Gameplay is super smooth, and the only glitch I ever encountered was background pop-in in the first second or two of a tricky treasure level. I haven't had the chance to play the co-op, but I hear it is even more enjoyable than the single player campaign.

This is a must have game for your Wii, as it is for 360 and PS3 as well. A perfect 10 - A shining example of what 2D can be on a modern system (or even a Wii - wink).
  23. Dec 2, 2011
    So AWESOME! It's really fun and quirky and silly and makes you just feel real happy for some reason. It looks beautiful and gets you glued to the TV. Hilarious and fast paced, it really washes any boredom away and makes you feel good.
  24. Nov 26, 2011
    I wish i have the same talent this programmers/designers have. This game has an outstanding artistic beauty, incredibile level desing and a funny gameplay based on ryhthm. You will fall in love at the first level with this lovely addictive platformer and, sorry if i dare to say it, but in my opinion it makes super mario feel almost boring! What we have here is simply a great game.
  25. Nov 22, 2011
    A fantastic platformer, featuring great level design, quirky music, solid and responsive controls and a challenging difficulty.
    The game actively rewards exploration and allows players to take on a 'as hard as you want' difficulty, with collectables perched in tricky spots for more confident players which arent neccesary for basic game completion.
    The game is of reasonable length for a 2d
    The game is of reasonable length for a 2d platformer, and has fair replay in time trials and medals for completionists.
    Overall, a challenging platformer blessed with fun music and nice visuals.
    If you dont enjoy this game, you should probably stop playing platformers.
  26. Nov 19, 2011
    Rayman Origins takes a great idea to the max in its crazy beautiful wacky world!
    Tons of levels and hard challenges!
    Fantastic four player action!
    Slap your friends!

Buy this game!
    If you can't, be sure to try and play it with a friend!
  27. Nov 19, 2011
    Tons of levels and hard challenges!
    Fantastic four player action!
    Slap your friends!

Buy this game!
    If you can't, be sure to try and play it with a friend!

#5 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2011
#4 Most Shared Wii Game of 2011

1. Nintendo Gamer
    Jan 14, 2012
    Insert ear plugs and dust off those reflexes: 2D platforming is back. [Christmas 2011, p.62]
  2. Jan 1, 2012
    Rayman Origins combines art and challenge in a unique form.
  3. Dec 29, 2011
    Rayman Origin proves that multiplatform games don't have to be a load of bull on the Wii. The game may even be better on Wii, because the offline co-op mode better fits the console. The Wii Remote may come with its own problems but they are easily resolved by adding a Nunchuck or Classis Controller. Good job, Ubisoft!