Rayman Raving Rabbids: TV Party Wii

• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Nov 18, 2008
7.7

1. Aug 6, 2017
    This one is pretty fun, though I can't decide if this is better than the first two or not. It's a bit messy at times, but it does have a lot of fun moments too.
  2. Aug 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Rayman Raving Rabbids franchise returns with funnier, better and over the top parody of mani games based on television in life. With parody mani games such as Star Wars, Godzilla, jackass, and others. However I complain about some dancing mini games are becoming harder learning bad moves and stuff to learn. I do love some music band mini games each with real songs from ladies night to open book. My favorite mini games is that there are shooting mini games that takes place in real life movies, feeling like I was in the movie. That's all the explanation I say about this games. Expand
  3. Aug 8, 2014
    LeonidasRex, this game is good not bad
    its like start the party for the ps3 move or kinect adventures for the xbox 360 kinect
    rabidds is a TV show on nick
    a stupid game can be fun you know
    this game is stupidly fun
    so dont belive in LeonidasRex belive in nintendo gamer
  4. Nov 26, 2011
    Silly game developers, rabbids are for kids! Rabbids are about potty jokes and simple physical humor. This game repeats the mini-games from other rabbid titles, wrapped in a framing device of watching TV all day. But the kids young enough to enjoy the humor barely understand what broadcast TV was, and certainly won't get all the adult in-jokes.

For example, a frequent mini-game involves a

For example, a frequent mini-game involves a movie studio where they're filming an old late-night movie, such as Night of the Living Dead, or Red Planet. (I'm 41, and those movies were way before my time.) While they're filming the movie, actors from other movies wander through the set and spoil the shot. Your job is to shoot the invading actors and prevent the movie from being ruined. It's all very clever in an abstract intellectual way, but it's a terrible mismatch with the simple physical humor of the Rabbids.

My son is 10, and he loved all the other Rabbid games. I'm 41, and many of the jokes left me scratching my head. We turned it off after an hour.

If you're over 50 and still have the sense of humor of a grade-schooler, then you might enjoy this. Otherwise stay away. The humor is too lowbrow for most adults, and the jokes are too archaic for kids. It's sad because somebody obviously put a lot of work into this. But the concept is self-contradictory.

And don't be fooled by the positive user reviews. They reek of spam.
  5. JenP
    Jan 23, 2009
    This is possibly my favorite wii game EVER! It's fun, it's active, and it's hilarious! the creators are absolutely genius...it's the best game evaaaaaaaa!
  6. ShaheemE
    Jan 1, 2009
    Probably the best of the series so far. Majority of the 50 mini games are good, with few duds. The dancing and music games are super, with top tracks. Makes good use of the balance board. Lots of party fun to be had here, but the rabbids are not as funny as they were in the RRR I&II.
  7. LisaG
    Dec 30, 2008
    This game was very entertaining to watch as it was to play. You could lose some serious poundage from the dancing portion!
  8. AnthonyO
    Dec 22, 2008
    Great game for anyone who does not already own the other Raving Rabbids games. There are plenty of folks who did not jump in on the Wii in the first 12 months, so when you think about it, any of these critics who act like the entire audience lives and breathes videogames 24/7 is retarded and off-base. As a party game, TV Party rocks. Not a solo game, but when you have 2 or more people, Great game for anyone who does not already own the other Raving Rabbids games. There are plenty of folks who did not jump in on the Wii in the first 12 months, so when you think about it, any of these critics who act like the entire audience lives and breathes videogames 24/7 is retarded and off-base. As a party game, TV Party rocks. Not a solo game, but when you have 2 or more people, the competitive elements in the game make for real social fun. Raving Rabbids TV Party is the kind of game that has put the Wii on top of the pile because it makes it fun not only for the players themselves, but injects social interactions back into games, which the Playstation and Xbox approaches had been so great at taking out of our living rooms and putting online. Expand
  9. AlejandroD
    Dec 7, 2008
    This game is one of the best entertainment for the family and friends
  10. TomP
    Nov 28, 2008
    It is a very fun game and should be recommended for many family and friends.
  11. Nov 26, 2011

For example, a frequent mini-game involves a

And don't be fooled by the positive user reviews. They reek of spam.

#36 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2008
#60 Most Shared Wii Game of 2008

1. Nintendo Gamer
    Easily the best Rabbids have been, making TV Party the minigame compilation to get. Wobbly and very, very silly. What more can we say? [Christmas 2008, p.44]
    The series' trademark quirky sense of humor is in full effect, but with monotonous gameplay hampered by unresponsive controls, TV Party never really stands out in a sea of mini-game compilations.
    Rabbids TV Party doesn't rewrite the mini-game genre. It's a tried and true third installment in the series that I feel shares more in common with the original than its boring sequel.