Rayman Raving Rabbids Wii

7.8

1. DavidG.
    Jan 17, 2008
    Working through story mode, logging points for everything in score mode, then trying to unlock all the bonuses (naff though they mainly are) by getting even _more_ points for everything in score mode, gives this a lot more longevity than we imagined. Not all the games are great, but enough are to be worth the twenty quid. The 3/5/10 event challenges will make ideal party games.
  2. DJFrail
    Dec 30, 2006
    Even the not so fun minigames are made better by those crazy rabbits!
    Oct 19, 2007
    Good-easy to control in most mini games, very funny, some of the gams are very fun over and over, good music and sound effects, good game legnth, graphics are also pretty good Bad-story doesn't make much sense, no online play but it dosn't really apply to this type of game, overall-a fun game with good control.
  4. ChrisP.
    Feb 23, 2007
    A collection of minigames for the Wii, set in the Rayman universe. This time round the hero-with-no-limbs is battling to save his friends from the evil Rabbids who, the game shows quite clearly, are stark raving mad. He does this by making his way through the various silly minigames and you and your friends can help him do it. There are a number of key points in that opening paragraph A collection of minigames for the Wii, set in the Rayman universe. This time round the hero-with-no-limbs is battling to save his friends from the evil Rabbids who, the game shows quite clearly, are stark raving mad. He does this by making his way through the various silly minigames and you and your friends can help him do it. There are a number of key points in that opening paragraph that need further expansion to explain my score for this game. 'Minigames' - The game consists entirely of minigames but unfortunately some of them go on for far longer than a minigame ought to. The nature of the Wii controls means that some of them end up feeling like punishment and you will be tired after a long session on this game. There are quite a few different games though, some of them very imaginative. 'Silly' - The game relies very much on its sense of humor to amuse players and I found that it really wears a bit thin after a while. The rabbids are completely nuts but that's all they are. They will often raise a smile or even a chuckle but it usually wasn't enough to keep me interested. 'Friends' - You need to play this with others. It would be a great post-pub drinking game. There's not enough to keep single players amused though. On top of these remarks there are also a couple of other important things to highlight. First, one of the early minigames seems to have been released with a major bug in it that makes progress unreasonably difficult - you might never get past it unless you get help from the game's random number generator. Secondly, there's no left-handed option! I spent rather a long time wondering why I was failing so badly on the disco-dancing minigame until I noticed that the instructions specify the Wiimote must be in the right hand and the nunchuk in the left. So I had to swap them round just to play this game and then swap them back again when it was finished. Aaaaarrrggghghghghhg!!!!! So, I would say this game is probably brilliant with a bunch of drunk, right-handed friends (or maybe watching drunk, left-handed friends would be funnier...). If you're by yourself (or if you're like me and strive for equal rights for left-handed people) then you might get some fun out of it if that bug I mentioned doesn't make you kill yourself. Expand
  5. NickC
    Mar 12, 2007
    When this game first came out and I watched comercials for it all I could think was "Wow, that game looks completely retarded", So of course I bought it. The first time I played it, I must have laughed for 15 mins straight, I don't think I've ever had so much goofy fun playing a video game before, I only have a couple complaints about the game.
    1) There isn't enough
    1) There isn't enough split screen multiplayer games. Like the racing games, you can't actually race your friends, you have to race, then they race after you.
    2) This game is indeed designed for righties, but if you're a lefty like me, you just need to remember to switch hands on the nessicary levels.
    But over all, iu highly recomend the game, and I hope Unisoft, comes out with another soon, and they fix at least the multiplater complaint that I have
  6. SimonG.
    Aug 30, 2007
    These rabbids are without a shadow of a doubt the most annoying characters ever created. I know some are more annoying then them, but in most cases it's not intentionally (take the fairy in Sonic and the Secret Ring for example). I really enjoy beating the crap out of them (the chorus game anyone?). Their clueless look in their eyes is always an instant laugh and their screams makes These rabbids are without a shadow of a doubt the most annoying characters ever created. I know some are more annoying then them, but in most cases it's not intentionally (take the fairy in Sonic and the Secret Ring for example). I really enjoy beating the crap out of them (the chorus game anyone?). Their clueless look in their eyes is always an instant laugh and their screams makes you want to hit them so hard. I'd say that maybe 80% of the 75 or so mini-games are really well done and enjoyable; where the controls make sense and work great. I'd pick this game over Wario Ware Smooth Moves or Mario Party 8 at any time, simply for the novelty and I'm pretty bored with Wario anyway. Rayman is just an accessory in this game, but that's fine with me. The reason I only gave it a 7 is that it's a compilation of party games; meaning no party, no games. It's fun with friends, but alone, once the "storyline" is over, it kinda loses its replayability. I'm gonna grab the sequel for sure as soon as it's comes out. If you want to have fun with the family over the week-end rent it, you won't be wrong; however, you might want to download a save file because only 5 games are available at the start and you have to go thru the story mode to unlock the others and that's kinda sad because party games should really be fully enjoyed right out the box. Expand
  7. Samuel
    Mar 4, 2008
    Games are fun but the story mode lacks depth and unlocking stuff seems easy but then becomes confusing and for those of you who like to make sense of a plot then don't pay attention to this story mode because the ending is confusing, mini games however, are undiniable fun
  8. JeffBurtin
    Jan 24, 2009
    Don't listen to the critics on this one. This is much more than a minigame collection. Most minigame collections have no storyline while this game has a compelling storyline that keeps you wanting to play. The games are very creative in their use of the remote, and nearly all of them are very fun, yet if you do run into a game that you find too frustrating, you can skip it andDon't listen to the critics on this one. This is much more than a minigame collection. Most minigame collections have no storyline while this game has a compelling storyline that keeps you wanting to play. The games are very creative in their use of the remote, and nearly all of them are very fun, yet if you do run into a game that you find too frustrating, you can skip it and still move on with the story.

Definitely to be played in story mode with a few friends. It's a total blast to take turns beating the individual challenges because it's almost as much fun to watch somebody play as it is to play yourself.

For people in my generation that grew up on Bugs Bunny cartoon before they went politically correct, the humor in this game will bring the kid in you flooding back.
  9. LeNoanS.
    Nov 20, 2006
    It is very very cool and fun to play. Multiplayer modes are great. Buy it and enjoy!
  10. Gameloverface
    Nov 27, 2006
    Ancel has done it again. This series gets better and better every game. The funny, easy-going nature of it coupled with simple controls
  11. GeorgeW.
    Dec 11, 2006
    Damn good fun. It's actually up to 4 players, although this site says it's just 1.
  12. FrancescoC.
    Dec 7, 2006
    I think that this game was hilirious. It could of used a little work on the rabits. But other than that i thout the graphics were preety good and the story line is excellent
  13. JeffZ.
    Dec 4, 2007
    Very fun game. The rabbits are funny, and the missions are varied and enjoyable. My favorite is the dancing mini game where you have to keep the beat with the songs.
  14. IanI.
    Jan 29, 2007
    The game makes for some decent multiplayer minigame action, its no Wario ware but it has its moments. Its unfortunate that you need to play for the useless single player mode to unlock new games.
  15. AndyF.
    Mar 1, 2007
    Decent launch title, but the games get very repetitive. Worth a rental. Everybody says that it is the funniest game ever, i do agree, however how many times can you listen to a rabbit scream before it gets old? It gets old fast, the jokes and the game.
  16. RupertA.
    Mar 15, 2007
    Repetitive cutscenes and a clumsy navigation interface get in the way of what is otherwise a very beautiful and hilarious collection of minigames. The quality of the minigames ranges widely, from the highly immersive and wonderfully executed first-person railshooters, to the dull and uninspired 2-D maze games. Gameplay also varies widely: some games feature intuitive and tight controls, Repetitive cutscenes and a clumsy navigation interface get in the way of what is otherwise a very beautiful and hilarious collection of minigames. The quality of the minigames ranges widely, from the highly immersive and wonderfully executed first-person railshooters, to the dull and uninspired 2-D maze games. Gameplay also varies widely: some games feature intuitive and tight controls, while others are bewildering at first. Stick it out through the repetitive single player game mode to unlock the full multiplayer party game potential. I am happy owning this game for the railshooters alone. Expand
  17. BenD.
    Mar 17, 2007
    Quite a few duff minigames, and a not great SP mode, but it shines in multiplayer, whether you have 1 controller and pass it around or use all 4.
  18. AndrewW.
    Mar 28, 2007
    By far one of the most entertaining Wii launch titles available. The dozens of mini-games provide a great balance between fun and challenge. From throwing cows to plungering adorable bunnies in the face, you'll always get a laugh out of it. As far as Wii games go, the graphics are decent. My only issues with this game is that it runs at a strange aspect ratio, adding vertical By far one of the most entertaining Wii launch titles available. The dozens of mini-games provide a great balance between fun and challenge. From throwing cows to plungering adorable bunnies in the face, you'll always get a laugh out of it. As far as Wii games go, the graphics are decent. My only issues with this game is that it runs at a strange aspect ratio, adding vertical letterboxes to the sides of the screen and some of the games can be repetitive. All in all, Raving Rabbids a very entertaining Wii title. Expand
  19. S.B.
    May 12, 2007
    I have completed this game. It's resaonably well polished but is usually more frustrating than enjoyable. The novelty does wear off and it becomes a bit of a chore. It's too mindless for adults and too difficult for young kids. Maybe 10 year olds would enjoy it most.
  20. ChrisA.
    Jan 2, 2008
    This game is my #1 game.The people who hate this game probable wake up having nothing to do and have no idea what fun is or means and probable like boring games so I hope you people that rated this game will agree with me.
  21. MatthewMaltby
    Aug 17, 2009
    Completely Awesome! My kids are totally addicted to this game evn though we bought it over a year ago! The gameplay is fun and challenging enough for older players(Mom and Dad) yet still entertains and is easy enough for younger players. Not to mention the chuckle value added by the zany character antics. Finally, we as parents can value a source of game entertainment that will entertainCompletely Awesome! My kids are totally addicted to this game evn though we bought it over a year ago! The gameplay is fun and challenging enough for older players(Mom and Dad) yet still entertains and is easy enough for younger players. Not to mention the chuckle value added by the zany character antics. Finally, we as parents can value a source of game entertainment that will entertain our kids without the need for extreme weaponry or blood splatter graphics! I know that there are a few out there that might not be interested due to thier unmarried and no kids status, but that's not what this game is about!!! THIS game was made for kids and family play. Not for those who regularly bust out Gears of War or Dead Space in an afternoon. So please, if you don't have kids try to refrain from posting on this title. It's not for you...it's for them! Expand
  22. ChrisK.
  23. donaldarthur
    Nov 27, 2006
    these graphics are amazing. I was debating on getting a ps3 or wii, and my mom just ended up getting me the wii out of nowhere
  24. EdM.
    Nov 27, 2006
    This game is so awesome to play with friends. Even though you can
  25. ColorfreakK.
    Nov 27, 2006
    I read in the IGN review that the graphics weren
  26. StanG.
    Nov 27, 2006
    As launch titles go, this is a big surprise. Overall I
  27. MaryL.
  28. StefO.
    Nov 27, 2006
    A sort of shooter, sort of puzzler, sort of platformer; eclectic and essential to what video games should be
  29. KenW.
    Nov 27, 2006
    It's a new flavor of Rayman games. Drastically different from the others in the series yet reminiscent in that it is not the same as most games today (it's not pretending to be a mirror of real life). The next-gen quality of the visuals, the music, the controls; these are all things that keep it up to snuff, yet it maintains enough of its heritage to be considered a great new It's a new flavor of Rayman games. Drastically different from the others in the series yet reminiscent in that it is not the same as most games today (it's not pretending to be a mirror of real life). The next-gen quality of the visuals, the music, the controls; these are all things that keep it up to snuff, yet it maintains enough of its heritage to be considered a great new addition to the Rayman series. Expand
  30. Lucky
    Dec 28, 2006
    I was blown away by how much fun this multiplayer game is. It's very accessible - friends of mine who NEVER play video games can't put the controllers down!
  31. TeeS.
    Dec 17, 2007
    This is one of the most fun games I have ever played and made me glad I'd bought a Wii. With highly addictive games and generally good controls, graphics and sound effects, it'll have you itching to hurt those rabbids. There are a few drawbacks such as a couple of mini-games that really aren't that responsive to the controls and end up being frustrating rather than fun as This is one of the most fun games I have ever played and made me glad I'd bought a Wii. With highly addictive games and generally good controls, graphics and sound effects, it'll have you itching to hurt those rabbids. There are a few drawbacks such as a couple of mini-games that really aren't that responsive to the controls and end up being frustrating rather than fun as well as the multiplayer function being somewhat boring - my advice would be to play the story mode with your friends and just take games in turns. My friends and I played this game for about 5 hours solid when we first unwrapped it and I went out and bought it the next day. Enough said - go and buy it - the smile on your face will be worth the money spent. Expand
  32. BrodyP.
    Jan 22, 2007
    This game is really addictive! If you like humoristic shooting games, you will love nailing these retarded looking rabbids. It's a fast pace game it will take very good reflexes in the mini games. A very enjoyable game I would highly recommend it!
  33. BrendaV.
    Dec 27, 2007
    Pretty warped game, lots of fun though. Alot of wrist action using the remotes. Lots of games
  34. KarlP.
    Feb 13, 2007
    Excellent! The most original, innovative and genuinely fun game to come out on a console in bl**dy ages! Well done Ubisoft.
  35. JoeW.
    Nov 19, 2006
    Lots of fun mini games. Have played about 5 hours of solo play. Quite fun.
  36. AndyC.
    Nov 27, 2006
    The way you go about interacting via controller-to-screen is revolutionary, and absolutely perfect for this game. I
  37. JennK.
    I didn
  38. RedS
    Nov 27, 2006
    These bunnies keep cracking me up
  39. MikeP.
  40. KyleG.
    Nov 27, 2006
    Great graphics, great gameplay, great controls. What more could you ask for?
  41. JamarJ.
    Nov 27, 2006
    Surprisingly, the story is actually really good! Rayman is playing all these mini-games, or trials, to escape prison! Then it gets goofy
  42. JerC.
    Nov 27, 2006
    One of my favorite aspects of this crazy funny game is how Rayman can dress up as punk and goth and disco and other pop-styles of dress. Everytime he does it I can
  43. SkepticT.
    I didn
  44. FlacoR.
    Nov 27, 2006
    This game is a blast. Beating bunnies over the head and shaking your controller to swing your nunchuck. It
  45. KarlC.
    Nov 27, 2006
    The first time I saw Rayman get all disguised as a hip-hop thug or whatever I was laughing my tail off. And I still do. This game is sooo funny and so much fun, I
  46. BenC.
    Nov 27, 2006
    Easily the most addicting game of the year. Mario Party can kiss itself goodbye!
  47. AlanH.
    Nov 27, 2006
    The graphics are still blowing me away. I don't even have HDTV and the polygons are like... ovals. I'm no graphic designer, but I know good graphics when I see them. Beaaauuutiful graphics.
  48. TedQ.
    Nov 27, 2006
    A great start for the Wii; hopefully Ubisoft continues cranking them out. The controls on this one (and Red Steel in fact) are mind-blowing. The level of interactivity is high, and highly enjoyable. And the array of mini-games makes it insanely addicting and fun to play with friends. One of the best games I've ever encountered as far as launch titles go.
  49. JoeY.
    Nov 27, 2006
    It's like going back to the easy-going times of Mario 64, but with better everything. Next-gen to the max. Storyline is interesting and goofy at the same time, controls and game progression are inspiring... it's overall a really, really good game.
  50. GabrielG.
    Nov 27, 2006
    I was very skeptical about this game. I haven't liked any of the other rayman games, so i expected it to be more of the same. however when I got my hands on the wii controller I found myself intriqued by the fact that I could bonk stupid, screaming little rabbits on the face and make them wail by moving the controller. It was great. It got all my aggression out on the other games and I was very skeptical about this game. I haven't liked any of the other rayman games, so i expected it to be more of the same. however when I got my hands on the wii controller I found myself intriqued by the fact that I could bonk stupid, screaming little rabbits on the face and make them wail by moving the controller. It was great. It got all my aggression out on the other games and satisfied my hunger for a newer, better game in a silly stupid series. Why not silly and stupid anymore? Because it's evolved, it's matured. It's on par with games of its time now, and for that I give it a 9.0. Expand
  51. DJIm
    Nov 29, 2006
    Funniest game I've ever played. Bar none.
  52. AndrewG.
    Dec 24, 2006
    All of the minigames are hilarious, and most of them are also fun to play. My two qualms are a) there is too much overlap in the gameplay of the various minigames. There are about 10 levels of on-the-rails shooter, 15 DDR-esque music play, and a bunch of distinct games where you have to pump the two controllers really fast. The games that I loved and went back to were those that had All of the minigames are hilarious, and most of them are also fun to play. My two qualms are a) there is too much overlap in the gameplay of the various minigames. There are about 10 levels of on-the-rails shooter, 15 DDR-esque music play, and a bunch of distinct games where you have to pump the two controllers really fast. The games that I loved and went back to were those that had something unique about them (for example, the game where you have to use the speaker in the wii-mote to listen to your pig that guides you through a maze; also the game of red light green light where you have to pump the controllers and then point at the middle of the screen to stop); and b) it takes quite a while to unlock the multiplayer challenges (where a bunch of minigames are strung together so that you can play multiplayer with a finite time-period in mind, as opposed to just playing random minis). Since I bought the game almost exclusively to play with friends, it would have been nice if they had more multiplayer challenge options to begin with. All in all though, Rayman and Wii Sports have definitely satisfied my multiplayer desires at launch. Expand
  53. Oct 19, 2010
    Rayman Raving Rabbids is funny. It is full of stupid cartoon-like jokes where everyone can't help but laugh. The minigames themselves work okay, and it is absolutely hilarious at a party, but they feel a little gimmicky. Also there simply not enough of them and some of them, like the dancing game, get boring quickly. Get it if your willing to play through some mediocre minigames for a good laugh.
  54. Feb 12, 2012
    I had such a fun time with this game. I remember my friend brought it over and he had just got it so he hadn't played it yet and we ended up staying up all night playing it. Every minigame was fun as hell and some are even kind of challenging.
  55. Jun 21, 2013
    perhaps it's because I played 2 and 3 first but i never found this one to be that special. If you're new then pick up either 2 or 3 but don't bother with this one.
  56. Feb 6, 2014
    Many interesting minigame types with several levels of each type. Crazy art. Overall great game if it weren't for the numerous bugs which make certain levels unplayable. Such bugs and their quantity cannot be excused in a console game priced at ~50 EUR.
  57. Rem
    Oct 5, 2014
    This was one of the few Wii games that I bothered to pick up while on a buying binge and boy was this one unique. While it foreshadows the fate of the Wii, which is minigames galore, it happens to be among the best of them. There's not much to say about this game other than the Raving Rabbids has some of the most childish but crazy humor I've seen in a while. The minigames are prettyThis was one of the few Wii games that I bothered to pick up while on a buying binge and boy was this one unique. While it foreshadows the fate of the Wii, which is minigames galore, it happens to be among the best of them. There's not much to say about this game other than the Raving Rabbids has some of the most childish but crazy humor I've seen in a while. The minigames are pretty standard but I feel that after playing this, I've much of what the Wii has to offer. It's disappointing, but a worthwhile fun. Expand
  58. Jul 25, 2014
    I did not enjoy the DS Raving Rabbids game, so never bought the Wii Raving Rabbids game. However, I played a lot of it recently to find out what it was like. At first I thought the game was fun, as I played all the good minigames, but then I got to the boring and broken ones, leaving the game unplayable. A few minigames are fun, but most are boring and a disgrace to the Rayman series.
  59. Jul 26, 2014
    My personal opinion on this... "game" is that it's an isnult. All the people of my age that grew with Rayman and loved it for the plataformy action and the humor that was... kinda there were hoping for a new plataform Rayman game. And then we find out... this. A mess of minigames that wasn't like the trailers at all. Sour disappointment and so many rage... If it was a game without Rayman IMy personal opinion on this... "game" is that it's an isnult. All the people of my age that grew with Rayman and loved it for the plataformy action and the humor that was... kinda there were hoping for a new plataform Rayman game. And then we find out... this. A mess of minigames that wasn't like the trailers at all. Sour disappointment and so many rage... If it was a game without Rayman I might have passed it and had fun playing, but they ruined one of my favorite franchises. This is the "Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts", the "Star Fox Adventure" of Rayman. And I hate it. And even more so these stupid annoying rabbids. Expand

#3 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2006
#2 Most Shared Wii Game of 2006

The experience is still engaging and addictive and the title's sense of humor is in a league of its own. It is almost unfair to label this effort a Rayman game because the real stars of the project are the bunnies, whose blank faces and inevitable agonized screams will make you laugh over and over again.
    I enjoyed the many mini-games I played, had a great time watching these little punk bastards suffer at my expense and loved thrusting plungers in their furry little faces. I would have like a bit more of a multiplayer challenge and some of the mini-games are less than fun, but on the whole, I rose up and took down as many Rabbids as possible.
    Aside from the seemingly requisite handful of games that just plain suck -- including a particularly painful one that has you slamming shut doors (via a shake of the Nunchuk), which sounds simple, but is infuriating as you attempt to find the sweet spot or figure out why it just doesn't respond to your commands sometimes -- the game's biggest fault is its surprising shortage of full-on multiplayer games.