Rayman Raving Rabbids Wii

7.8

Oct 19, 2007
    Good-easy to control in most mini games, very funny, some of the gams are very fun over and over, good music and sound effects, good game legnth, graphics are also pretty good Bad-story doesn't make much sense, no online play but it dosn't really apply to this type of game, overall-a fun game with good control.
  2. SimonG.
    Aug 30, 2007
    These rabbids are without a shadow of a doubt the most annoying characters ever created. I know some are more annoying then them, but in most cases it's not intentionally (take the fairy in Sonic and the Secret Ring for example). I really enjoy beating the crap out of them (the chorus game anyone?). Their clueless look in their eyes is always an instant laugh and their screams makes These rabbids are without a shadow of a doubt the most annoying characters ever created. I know some are more annoying then them, but in most cases it's not intentionally (take the fairy in Sonic and the Secret Ring for example). I really enjoy beating the crap out of them (the chorus game anyone?). Their clueless look in their eyes is always an instant laugh and their screams makes you want to hit them so hard. I'd say that maybe 80% of the 75 or so mini-games are really well done and enjoyable; where the controls make sense and work great. I'd pick this game over Wario Ware Smooth Moves or Mario Party 8 at any time, simply for the novelty and I'm pretty bored with Wario anyway. Rayman is just an accessory in this game, but that's fine with me. The reason I only gave it a 7 is that it's a compilation of party games; meaning no party, no games. It's fun with friends, but alone, once the "storyline" is over, it kinda loses its replayability. I'm gonna grab the sequel for sure as soon as it's comes out. If you want to have fun with the family over the week-end rent it, you won't be wrong; however, you might want to download a save file because only 5 games are available at the start and you have to go thru the story mode to unlock the others and that's kinda sad because party games should really be fully enjoyed right out the box. Expand
  3. IanI.
    Jan 29, 2007
    The game makes for some decent multiplayer minigame action, its no Wario ware but it has its moments. Its unfortunate that you need to play for the useless single player mode to unlock new games.
  4. RupertA.
    Mar 15, 2007
    Repetitive cutscenes and a clumsy navigation interface get in the way of what is otherwise a very beautiful and hilarious collection of minigames. The quality of the minigames ranges widely, from the highly immersive and wonderfully executed first-person railshooters, to the dull and uninspired 2-D maze games. Gameplay also varies widely: some games feature intuitive and tight controls, Repetitive cutscenes and a clumsy navigation interface get in the way of what is otherwise a very beautiful and hilarious collection of minigames. The quality of the minigames ranges widely, from the highly immersive and wonderfully executed first-person railshooters, to the dull and uninspired 2-D maze games. Gameplay also varies widely: some games feature intuitive and tight controls, while others are bewildering at first. Stick it out through the repetitive single player game mode to unlock the full multiplayer party game potential. I am happy owning this game for the railshooters alone. Expand
  5. BenD.
    Mar 17, 2007
    Quite a few duff minigames, and a not great SP mode, but it shines in multiplayer, whether you have 1 controller and pass it around or use all 4.
  6. Feb 12, 2012
    I had such a fun time with this game. I remember my friend brought it over and he had just got it so he hadn't played it yet and we ended up staying up all night playing it. Every minigame was fun as hell and some are even kind of challenging.
  7. AndyF.
    Mar 1, 2007
    Decent launch title, but the games get very repetitive. Worth a rental. Everybody says that it is the funniest game ever, i do agree, however how many times can you listen to a rabbit scream before it gets old? It gets old fast, the jokes and the game.
  8. S.B.
    May 12, 2007
    I have completed this game. It's resaonably well polished but is usually more frustrating than enjoyable. The novelty does wear off and it becomes a bit of a chore. It's too mindless for adults and too difficult for young kids. Maybe 10 year olds would enjoy it most.
  9. ChrisP.
    Feb 23, 2007
    A collection of minigames for the Wii, set in the Rayman universe. This time round the hero-with-no-limbs is battling to save his friends from the evil Rabbids who, the game shows quite clearly, are stark raving mad. He does this by making his way through the various silly minigames and you and your friends can help him do it. There are a number of key points in that opening paragraph A collection of minigames for the Wii, set in the Rayman universe. This time round the hero-with-no-limbs is battling to save his friends from the evil Rabbids who, the game shows quite clearly, are stark raving mad. He does this by making his way through the various silly minigames and you and your friends can help him do it. There are a number of key points in that opening paragraph that need further expansion to explain my score for this game. 'Minigames' - The game consists entirely of minigames but unfortunately some of them go on for far longer than a minigame ought to. The nature of the Wii controls means that some of them end up feeling like punishment and you will be tired after a long session on this game. There are quite a few different games though, some of them very imaginative. 'Silly' - The game relies very much on its sense of humor to amuse players and I found that it really wears a bit thin after a while. The rabbids are completely nuts but that's all they are. They will often raise a smile or even a chuckle but it usually wasn't enough to keep me interested. 'Friends' - You need to play this with others. It would be a great post-pub drinking game. There's not enough to keep single players amused though. On top of these remarks there are also a couple of other important things to highlight. First, one of the early minigames seems to have been released with a major bug in it that makes progress unreasonably difficult - you might never get past it unless you get help from the game's random number generator. Secondly, there's no left-handed option! I spent rather a long time wondering why I was failing so badly on the disco-dancing minigame until I noticed that the instructions specify the Wiimote must be in the right hand and the nunchuk in the left. So I had to swap them round just to play this game and then swap them back again when it was finished. Aaaaarrrggghghghghhg!!!!! So, I would say this game is probably brilliant with a bunch of drunk, right-handed friends (or maybe watching drunk, left-handed friends would be funnier...). If you're by yourself (or if you're like me and strive for equal rights for left-handed people) then you might get some fun out of it if that bug I mentioned doesn't make you kill yourself. Expand
  10. Rem
    Oct 5, 2014
    This was one of the few Wii games that I bothered to pick up while on a buying binge and boy was this one unique. While it foreshadows the fate of the Wii, which is minigames galore, it happens to be among the best of them. There's not much to say about this game other than the Raving Rabbids has some of the most childish but crazy humor I've seen in a while. The minigames are prettyThis was one of the few Wii games that I bothered to pick up while on a buying binge and boy was this one unique. While it foreshadows the fate of the Wii, which is minigames galore, it happens to be among the best of them. There's not much to say about this game other than the Raving Rabbids has some of the most childish but crazy humor I've seen in a while. The minigames are pretty standard but I feel that after playing this, I've much of what the Wii has to offer. It's disappointing, but a worthwhile fun. Expand
  11. Jul 25, 2014
    I did not enjoy the DS Raving Rabbids game, so never bought the Wii Raving Rabbids game. However, I played a lot of it recently to find out what it was like. At first I thought the game was fun, as I played all the good minigames, but then I got to the boring and broken ones, leaving the game unplayable. A few minigames are fun, but most are boring and a disgrace to the Rayman series.

#4 Most Discussed Wii Game of 2006
#3 Most Shared Wii Game of 2006

The experience is still engaging and addictive and the title's sense of humor is in a league of its own. It is almost unfair to label this effort a Rayman game because the real stars of the project are the bunnies, whose blank faces and inevitable agonized screams will make you laugh over and over again.
    I enjoyed the many mini-games I played, had a great time watching these little punk bastards suffer at my expense and loved thrusting plungers in their furry little faces. I would have like a bit more of a multiplayer challenge and some of the mini-games are less than fun, but on the whole, I rose up and took down as many Rabbids as possible.
    Aside from the seemingly requisite handful of games that just plain suck -- including a particularly painful one that has you slamming shut doors (via a shake of the Nunchuk), which sounds simple, but is infuriating as you attempt to find the sweet spot or figure out why it just doesn't respond to your commands sometimes -- the game's biggest fault is its surprising shortage of full-on multiplayer games.